Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Gromm the Vanquisher of Adversaries, Magistrate of Voralian City
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=82184
82184, (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Gromm the Vanquisher of Adversaries, Magistrate of Voralian City
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Jun 27 14:31:01 2009

At 1 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 21st of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Gromm perished, never to return.
Race:dwarf
Class:warrior
Level:41
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:42
82229, Time fer gettin Smash mouffed!
Posted by Dhune on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
lol. I totally meant to look at you and was like WTF? Did this Magistrate just attack me in his protected city???

Doh!

Really liked the few times we interacted.
82254, RE: Time fer gettin Smash mouffed!
Posted by WarMage lazy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
LOL, I know I was soo confused as well.

I enjoyed out interactions too, though I have to admit, at first you totally threw me off with the way you immediately started insulting me. Was great.

Good luck in there, no doubt you'll see me back in at some point.
82209, That's too bad /stxt
Posted by Artenno on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was enjoying interacting with you. I had a very interesting RP angle that I wanted to take with you there, Gromm-mate, but alas winds be in yar face this day! Argh.
82255, RE: That's too bad /stxt
Posted by WarMage lazy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeah you know, I could never really figure you out. There were times when you were just 'on'. You were healing people up, helping people out, talking about how we were all a crew and what not. And then when Gromm had asked for a bit of healing, you totally stonewalled him and gated out of Voralian just like an evil healer, in my opinion, would to a good aligned dwarf.

Great interactions, from what we had, and I hope everything goes well for you in there.
82259, RE: That's too bad /stxt
Posted by Artenno on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hehe, right on, need to stick around a bit more to figure me out!!! I hope your next one is a Tribunal.
82185, RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Gromm the Vanquisher of Adversaries, Magistrate of Voralian City
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Why rank a guy to level 41 in 42 hours, get into a cabal, then delete? Seems like all you must have done is rank and try to get into your cabal, which are two of the less fun aspects of the game.
82186, RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Gromm the Vanquisher of Adversaries, Magistrate of Voralian City
Posted by WarMage on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Why not? I don't mind ranking at all. Apart from that, I was already in my cabal from the high teens till I deleted so that's not all I tried to do.. The reason for my delete was that I ranked too quickly over the last few days and was being mowed down by people that, had I taken my time to learn my class, I would have given at least a run for the money instead of an easy kill.

I tired to rp as best I could, fight (even as poorly as I did) and I tried to learn the laws though I seemed to have a very poor grip on those. All in all I just felt that I had lost the interest in this character and that I was becoming more of a liability to the spire and a "Great, Gromm is dead again." type, instead of a "Hey we can rely on this guy to at least make a mark on X." whether it be a mob or a criminal or whatever.

Either way, for the most part it was a good run, I met a lot of people and saw some cool stuff. Anyone want to say anything in regards to my actual performance that they saw, that's great, if not, I'm not surprised as it seems to be the case with most of the characters that I play.

Peace.
82189, RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Gromm the Vanquisher of Adversaries, Magistrate of Voralian City
Hard to learn the class if you delete. :)
82194, Wait a minute...
Posted by Twist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
...aren't you the guy who deleted arial dagger village applicant warrior pre-Kasir because you just can't play warriors or something like that?
82197, RE: Wait a minute...
Posted by WarMage on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
No. Actually I have never, ever, played a battlerager or even given it a try. Uhh...sorry to disappoint?
82199, RE: Wait a minute...
Posted by Hysh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Actually, I think Twist was calling foul on Isildur for lecturing you for doing something he similarly did before. Pays to check out the note structure and who's replying to what post!

It's doubtful he'll defend you if you miss the point and give him grief for doing so. ;)

Peace
82200, RE: Wait a minute...
Posted by WarMage really on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
yeah, I was just re-reading that post and realized what the real meaning behind it was. SORRY TWIST! :) But yeah, I suck all on my own. :P
82203, RE: Wait a minute...
Well, yeah, but it wasn't necessarily because I "just can't play warriors". Was more like...it took forever for me to get a mage kill and become an applicant, then it looked like it was going to take forever to actually get into the village. And I found the arial dagger spec a little frustrating. It's okay if you can't lag people if you have stealth, since then you can sneak up on them and time your attack. Alternately if you don't have stealth but have decent lag options (e.g. bash, cranial, etc.) then that can work. But when you don't have either...annoying. It was like I was playing a paladin, but without the ability to use town healers or recall potions, with no summon or sanc, and with dagger moves instead of wrath spam.