Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [HERALD] Arriku Jast the Impure, Returning to Grace
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=81973
81973, (DELETED) [HERALD] Arriku Jast the Impure, Returning to Grace
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Jun 24 17:23:06 2009

At 11 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 22nd of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Arriku perished, never to return.
Race:elf
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:HERALD, the Heralds of the Eternal Star
Hours:208
82188, RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Arriku Jast the Impure, Returning to Grace
Posted by Humbert. on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Never could've guessed you were Arriku. I had some vague info that you were playing a mortal, just didn't know which. I liked the RP with Arriku, and don't take Humbert's grandfather-style scoldings too seriously. He's a serious violent-Maran type who will kill unless there is real possibility of redemption, and when you came up with the marry Kale thing and fallen from grace he was none too happy. Also, due to Humbert's own RP reasons he wanted you and Sarien together.

Your roleplay was just incredible. I can't bring myself ever to get into a character so completely.
82190, Heh.
Posted by Forsakenz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I remember meeting Arriku and Sarien by the wight in halflings. The rp was too much. I had to just walk away.

I mean, I guess that's good if you're into it and all. Too serious for me to do or interact with. Anyway.
81978, Flame on, yo!
Posted by Baerinika on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, Arri was a very fun and a very not so fun ride. Certainly an interesting one if nothing else. It just sort of got to the point where the majority of the people she hung out with were gone and sitting around the Inn is only so fun.

So, some goodbyes:

Yean - well what to say? Oh, right, I know, I'm sorry!! I had this great role in mind. An elf tea pouring geisha-type, very serious, polite to a fault. Raised by an insane, OCD mother to take such things to an extreme, and raised to think she was nothing better than a servant. Sphere beauty, of course. I came to your shrine all ready to go and realized too late that I'd pretty much made the perfect anti-Yean role. I completely failed at your religion, and for that I'm sorry. I knew I didn't exactly have the strength thing down, and I had never interacted with you as a mortal before so I didn't know that it would be more important than my actual sphere. I tried so so hard but nothing worked. Thank you for taking so much time with my sad efforts, and the custom made teapot was awesome. Except for all those times I was holding it and people tried to bash me. Turns out teapot doesn't shield block so well.

Iunna - not too much to say here. Chances of me playing another Herald are pretty slim.

Padwei - thanks for changing Kale's align and letting me fork over some con. I appreciated getting the chance to have it done before he croaked.

Sarien - it was a lot of fun. Our roles both clashed so perfectly and went together so well. Arri would adore him one minute and just loathe him the next. Can't believe you called her ugly!

Kale - I'd be on in the afternoons with Baer just watching you chew through con. Depressing. Thanks for being awesome. You were so very emo I would just sit and laugh and figured why not throw Arri into it. If my pbf gets bought I think you'll laugh at my last role chapter. Then again maybe not...

Ailinilia - Hah, Arri really had a hard time liking you. From the kind of strange jealousy thing over Sarien to suggesting Kale take up knitting to calm his aggression, she just had such a hard time getting you.

Adekar - sorry for all those times I inappropriately touched you. Har har har.

Arrna - you're a great Fort leader and friend. I bet you got tons of my tells. Thanks for always stopping by the Inn to see me, rain or shine.

Maktess - seaweed tea what?? Great friend.

Derieag - Arri's best friend. You were the kick in the ass she needed so very often. Thanks for all the whiskey.

Fyee - Arri's idol. Free spirited and confident and so very cool.

I think I missed a bunch of people, and for that I'm sorry.

If anyone buys the pbf it'll certainly be vindication for everyone who ever got upset about a bitchy comment I wrote in their history! It's pretty bad. Which is disheartening, but eh. I tried to RP my butt off with Arri no matter what, and I think I was successful in what I set out to do. Some may disagree. If nothing else I think she was a fun catalyst in a few character's lives.
81979, #### you!
Posted by TMNS_lazy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks for hording the best exotic I could ever get that I wanted all throughout my hero range experience :)

I could never bring myself to ask for it.

You were well roleplayed. I really enjoyed some of our talks...Next time, play Maran? We could have used you.
81988, RE: Flame on, yo!
Posted by Maktess on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I can't deny, I had alot of fun around Arriku. Was fun interacting with you, and it says something when I'm willing to stop by the Inn to purely RP with someone. You were certainly a catalyst for my RP, even if it did wane in the end.

Pity I didn't log more of maktesses life I think we had a few amusing conversations.

81989, Rod whimpers sadly...
Posted by Adekar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think my faerie dragon will miss you more than me, but it was fun. I liked to think of our interactions as northwoods farmer meets wayward geisha. Since I'm a nerd, I had fun seeing our cultural stereotypes clash in awkward ways.
82009, RE: Flame on, yo!
Posted by Fyeereth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
There were more than a couple of times I wanted to smack Arriku upside the head and say, "Oh my god, you dope. You are the most depressing Herald EVER." However, it was really cool to see her growth from meek and sober to slightly less meek and drunk on whiskey. :P I had a bit of fun sticking my nose into the Arriku/Sarien/Kale drama, too.
82024, RE: Flame on, yo!
Posted by Warnal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You silly girl child. Death will not crush your burning desire for all that is Warnal. You may, of course, bask in the glory that is Warnal in the afterlife, where I alone await your elfy snuggles. You will gasp as I at last reveal my bony appendage. There are no aprons in the beyond, and no furry vixens ordering Warnal to cover his shame. Come to me now elfy!

82028, Hah!
Posted by Sarien on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sarien - it was a lot of fun. Our roles both clashed so perfectly and went together so well. Arri would adore him one minute and just loathe him the next. Can't believe you called her ugly!

Yeah, Arriku didn't stand much of a chance, Sarien was all about smiting the evils ;). I couldn't even try to count how many times I'd ditch her mid sentence to go kill someone or defend hah. Looking back, I wish I had stayed a mort, so I could've tried to con deathKale before any of the redemption mumbo jumbo ;) now THAT would've been some drama.

Oh well, too bad Arriku will never be able to "Redeem" another man ;) haha

I picked up your PBF.

-S
82031, I wills be missin that drunk arse o yours, Ku.
Posted by Derieag on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It was fun having a straight man for my comedy gig, and Arriku was at first so reserved she was the perfect foil to this character. Your relationship soap opera was almost as bad as Derieag's backstory. Let's book a show on Jerry Springer and air it all out.

I'll serve "Minotaur Piss" in your honor. MWAH!
82045, It was fun to have at least some part in all the mischief
Posted by Nian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Arriku felt pretty real. I hope you are more of a happy person in real-life than she was :P
82048, Oh I certainly am!
Though I think my most 'successfully' rp'd characters are my depressing ones. Truthfully, Arriku was pretty much the opposite of me. Submissive, meek, subservient, desperate to please...that ain't me so much. It was a struggle at times!
82063, RE: Oh I certainly am!
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
> Truthfully, Arriku was pretty much the
>opposite of me. Submissive, meek, subservient, desperate to
>please...that ain't me so much.

I can unfortunately vouch for this!
82052, RE: Flame on, yo!
Posted by Nacklewig on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Doh! I wish our times could have crossed more often. I enjoyed goading you the few times we were on at the same time. Not to mention flirting and making fun of your general elf-y-ness. I guess I came on pretty late in this character's life and am a little bummed I missed out.

Nac
82054, RE: Flame on, yo!
Posted by Igsoeh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Great job once again. Yeah, it's kinda my style to chew through con. I'm no shamanman, but I do my best. Curious as to why'd you say emo though... Was it his outlook on how the whole world was just a murderous evil pace and the only thing to do was fall in line and be evil and murderous himself? Because for the record, I punch emo kids for nickels on the weekends. I had a blast and the RP with Arri just flowed really well, and like I said, I'd always wanted to do this kind of story, and now I have. I'm gonna try and write some CF fiction while I'm on deployment, and I'm thinking of incorporating this story if you don't mind too much. It won't be exactly the same, but the theme would be there. Anyway, great job, you're a great asset to the game, both imm and mort. Good luck with the next!
82061, RE: Flame on, yo!
Posted by Sarien on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Haha,

I picked up on the emo buisiness too. The way you'd flip your hair etc, and the stand-offish depressed "I hate my father" style attitude ;). That is why I always picked on your hair, and I soo badly wanted to say "Don't hate me, I'm not your dad...I'm sure he loves you Kale." hehe ;)

-S
82075, RE: Flame on, yo!
Posted by Igsoeh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
####. I was going for suave, handsome, debonair, charming. Emo. ####. I guess you guys didn't hear Kale bragging up his good looks all the time though since you weren't in the village. It was pretty common in the banter between Gahdak and him. Oh well, I'll certainly take that into consideration in the future though.... Long hair = emo, check.
82065, RE: Flame on, yo!
I dunno, it was the hair and the drama. So yeah the general outlook on life. I think I'm going to have to incorporate the phrase "punching emo kids for nickles on the weekends" into my vocab cause that's pretty funny.

You better email me copies of what you write! I'd love to read it.
82064, Heh
Posted by Yean on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Arriku was interesting to say the least..half the time I didn't know what to do with her :p Perfect anti-Yean role huh..I'd actually thought you'd make the char evolve to a stronger individual as she grew older. Despite remaining pretty constant with her meek, subservient attitude throughout her life, Arriku was also a huge drama queen :p

And for Yean's religion, I think there's really no way to seperate the spheres into individual aspects and just rp a certain sphere more. They're pretty interwoven, with one aspect impacting the next.

I used more metaphorical illustrations with your char than others I think, as you seemed to be the type who'd understand things better that way. But I could tell you didn't get the religion, even in your later years. The religion's funny like that..some people grasp it really quickly, the other half just don't get a drop of it at all.

Anyway, I thought your rp efforts were commendable, and well done on sticking it out for as long as you did with everything that went down. You might not have been the best Yean follower, but your rp in itself was stellar. Glad you liked the wedding gift!
82072, RE: Flame on, yo!
Posted by Susu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I remember my elf paladin standing in Yean's shrine with you when we both were very young and looking for initial empowerment. I think Yean even commented on how different we were and from other sides of the religion we came. I wondered how an elf herald paladin would work with Yean's religion, seemed a bizarre combo, and always wondered what happened to you. I didn't keep tabs as well as I'd hoped. Seems you did pretty well though, so congratz. I liked the little conversation we had about you and tea and all that, that early day.
82074, You creeped me out!
I think you were trying for the creepy RP but that day I was hanging out with Zaknifal in Yean's shrine and you just walked in, closed the door, and hid without saying a word was creepy. But you're right, it turns out elf Yean Herald Paladin isn't a great combo at all.

Hope you're onto your next character and enjoying it as much as Susu.
82221, Actually Yean herald pally is quite viable :)
It doesn't have to be about PK, if that's not your interest or niche. I've had a tatted Elder Prophet with a poor PK ratio that I really liked as well.
82231, That reminds me of a question!
I've seen plenty of Yean characters who were terrible at PK, but

I don't think I've seen a particularly "successful" Yean character that's basically uninterested in PK.

I'm just curious if that's a fair statement or if I missed something along the way.

To phrase it another way, it's seemed to me like:

Great at PK = ok
Terrible at PK but gets into a lot of fights = ok
Just not interested in PK = less ok
82324, RE: That reminds me of a question!
I think 'unsuccessful' Yean chars are due more to religious outlook issues, and not from specific disinterest in pk.

I don't think it's more difficult to prove anything religion-wise through means other than combat. Yean certainly has no issues with non pk happy people, but it just seems like more people prefer going down the pk route.
82236, Are you a woman in real life?
Posted by Suitor on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't care if you're fat, ugly, or both, but if you are, I am tracking down your next mortal and falling in love with you. :)
82243, Wowzerz. The mudsex musta been that good.
Posted by Forsakenz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Or this is Nepenthe being coy.
82244, Not everything is about mudsex gutterbrain and this request actually wasn't about that
But was more about exploring the roleplay aspects of a marriage within "cf". its really not just kiss kiss sex sex, you would know this if you've already got a ball and chain.
82253, Dude, just roll a Baer Pally Elf and you won't have to wait to find mortal, same results. >=) n/t
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
gr
82257, RE: Dude, just roll a Baer Pally Elf and you won't have to wait to find mortal, same results. >=) n/t
Speaking from experience eh..
82276, WOULDNT U LIKE 2 NO n/t
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
gr
82247, Not me!
And truth be told it creeps me out a little!
82414, RE: Flame on, yo!
Posted by Ailinilia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Ailinilia - Hah, Arri really had a hard time liking you. From
>the kind of strange jealousy thing over Sarien to suggesting
>Kale take up knitting to calm his aggression, she just had
>such a hard time getting you.

Yes, I agree. I was never sure what to do with you. Early on, before you and Sarien were a thing, I wanted to protect you from him, as I found his controlling ways with women to be distasteful. Then, after things with the two of you started getting "serious", I figured I'd just stay out. Then when the whole Kale thing came about, I was more concerned for your and his soul. It would have been great to have you both really seek real redemption, but Kale was simply too evil. I do wish you would have stayed around longer, for what it is worth.

So just as you could never figure out Ailinilia I could never figure Arri out. I thought we might be able to interact well, but we never quite connected. Oh well, perhaps its why I have never been able to figure out Baerinika either.
81975, RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Arriku Jast the Impure, Returning to Grace
Posted by Edika on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Now this sucks. I loved interacting with you. You are one pally that I actually was collecting some stuff for. GLWYN
81974, Noooooooooooo! WHY?
Posted by Arrna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Why would you do that! I was SOOOO looking forward to more RP sessions with you! Dammit!