Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectDasulkai dead and gone.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=81874
81874, Dasulkai dead and gone.
Posted by Cadothu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I won't whine here as much as I did on my Dio's goodbye thread, but basically I was sick of dealing with the downsides of being a necromancer. It was my first one past level 15 or so and while the whole "c sleep @target" sounds like a fun idea and gave me a false sense of power, its just not really my playstyle I guess. Then again, my playstyle has been Inn-sitters up until this point really.

Let me rephrase that, its just not really what Scion needs I guess, at least not in my inexperienced hands. Maybe I just needed to gang more to win, or group up to retrieve, but #### that. I really shouldn't have to when there's no one else on.

Thoujrar, you were a cool enemy, loved the chats and hated that you could waylay at any moment (like you did, quite often too).

Quas, go #### yourself. You're a big thorn in a lot of people's sides and I hope maybe you try out the other 50% of this MUD with your next character. Yeah, I'm talking about roleplay. There is a rich environment of character-driven roleplay that exists once you get past all the Pincer lag.

Daenung, I've always loved dwarves and you were good at what you did and a cool guy. But you don't need to summon my minions right after I unghost to be good at what you do. That's just weak and if I ever did beat you, I probably would have full sac'd you if I couldn't think of any other way to drill that point home.

Syjak, way to be a douche, you know what I'm talking about. You were an assassin with like 2-3 levels on me, and I had no minions, if you really wanted me dead you could have done it anytime you wanted. But you opted for one of the cheapest methods out there. Poor form.

Mergulla, I really have nothing positive to say. You made me feel like everything I did was stupid and worthless. Maybe that's just how you roleplay, I don't know, nor do I care. Call me a bitch, but I'm sticking to Floofi imms from now on, who actually care for their followers. So maybe I didn't get your religion, I gave it an honest attempt. Maybe you TRIED to steer me on the right path with that whole "tastes" thing... I guess that's just how a fat, lazy Queen tries to guide their mortal followers in the right direction.

Wegge, you were cool, sorry for wasting your time.

Rastamok, thanks for helping me level this thing, I felt pretty useless like 99% of the time that we leveled together, but I guess I was pretty good at spamming 'where'

Hlozik and Draykyn, two smart BAMFs, you guys will go far, thanks for being my allies.

And lastly, Zelzoran and Frismund, thank you both for teaching me a lot of #### about the class. What zombies to get from where, how to get em, etc. Something that's really vague and can really only be learned by sharing in game as you guys did. Thanks for that.

I would say this was my real first shot at anything really PK-oriented and I hope I didn't piss anyone off by complaining on Dios. It is really frustrating trying to figure everything out, but I tried to suck it up and just give it my all.

Maybe I'll make something else and continue to try to PK, or maybe I'll just disappear again for another 6 months, who knows.

- Odelius, Cadothu, Greikyn, Alietrius, Dasulkai.
81944, Ah Shucks!
Posted by Wegge on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
"Wegge, you were cool, sorry for wasting your time."

Well Shucks man, I was really looking forward to the interaction....
Your RP seemed to fit me like a glove from the get go, and I think we had some great potential. I would have never TRSUTED you, but ah well.

Sorry I couldn't pull that thing you asked for together as quickly as i'd liked...If I would have just BAM! Done it, it would have been out of my RP.

After the incident in Galadon happened, I had to much going on IRL so I had to bail quick.

SORRY!

Wegge

81948, RE: Ah Shucks!
My last character was a Herald chef, I know that it takes time. At least you have locate object though, that's gotta be useful!

Don't be sorry, enjoy the character.
81927, RE: Dasulkai dead and gone.
Posted by Mergulla on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, this feels a little venomous but I'm going to try and stay positive. What would you have had me do differently? I mean, please be specific, give me some advice and pointers and things you would have liked to have seen from me. Real examples. I always really struggle with people who come to me without something to RP about.

Thanks in advance.
81924, RE: Dasulkai dead and gone.
Posted by Daenung on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'll speak up briefly just to let you in on my thought process here. First, you and a shifter raided and got the scepter back. You fell. I think you died again somewhere, don't recall if it were to me or not. So I thought well, I don't like killing the same person over and over, but I'll have to if he comes to the fort and strikes the outer again, so let's keep him from accumulating enough undead to think he can do that. I was feeling sorry for you towards the end, didn't want to kill you again, so you could have just walked away from that conversation :)

Besides, if you were like most necros and summoning elite storms under Arkham, I wouldn't have been able to summon them :)
81952, RE: Dasulkai dead and gone.
The first retrieval with the shifter, I didn't die if I recall, though we had no opposition. Humbert and the hero crew came knocking not 30-40 minutes after that and took the Scepter back at which time the shifter and I were searching for wands. We take a break to try and retrieve, and yeah I died in about 3 rounds or so against you and the bard. The shifter dipped out to go level and I was like "#### it, I'll try to get an army and head back alone" (you were spot on with your assumption).

I made multiple attempts again after that, once or twice with some Hero Nexus help, but even with the Maran convulsing and my army dead (thanks to your summoning) I was unable to retrieve when Lorn showed up and started healing the Maran for more damage than I was putting out.

By the time we had that chat at the Fort, I already knew I was deleting and just wanted to get a better feel for your character instead of just seeing the PK only side of you (which seemed to dominate by the way). Sorry that I just wouldn't die some of those times that you had me plagued/blinded/etc. If there's one thing that I've learned over my many Herald characters, its how to run for my life and survive.

As for the necro under Arkham comment, that would be true if I was like 44+ or Spectre or something. Elite storm giants at my level without ABS or some help from a friend or something, would just wreck my ####. I struggled with war-weary giants, heh. Again though, probably just because that was my first necro, and in more experienced hands, that might likely have been possible at the level I was.

ANYWAY! Sorry for the rant. Again, I loved your character and you're tough as nails. I hope you get leader'd eventually.
81913, RE: Dasulkai dead and gone.
Posted by Thoujrar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'd ignore the imms for the most part. You got screwed in the sense that you picked a bad time to try a midbie mage out and were up against really crappy odds as I saw you trying to put up a fight solo quite a bit which I greatly admired. Maybe we both just suck.

Hope things are better for you next,

Grysh-Icthaen
81890, RE: Dasulkai dead and gone.
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
> I won't whine here as much as I did on my Dio's goodbye thread, but basically I was sick of dealing with the downsides of being a necromancer

I could really tell that the class wasn't a good fit for your style, and I'm glad you realize that as well.

Further: Scion probably isn't a good fit for you either. Having your item gone most of the time when you log on, having to get it back alone most of the time, and being beset by tons of enemies? That's Scion. Further, that's what Scion is supposed to be. Some of the players enjoy that high level of adversity; clearly you don't, and I think it's good to understand what you do and don't enjoy and make characters accordingly.

>You made me feel like everything I did was stupid and worthless.

To be fair... in terms of actual results, nearly everything you did was stupid or worthless. You were playing (by your own admission) a class that doesn't suit you in a cabal that doesn't suit you, and your results strongly reflected that.
81892, RE: Dasulkai dead and gone.
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Okay, so, I haven't had a scion recently...or ever, really...but if I were going into it with the expectation that I'd be without my item most of the time I log in...I'd probably pick a class that deals well with that dynamic. Either:

1. One that can be pretty much just as effective without scion powers (i.e. probably not a mage), or

2. One that is well-suited to retrieving against bad odds, e.g. assassin with tiger claw or maybe air/offense shifter.

In the first case if the odds are terrible then you just make do without your item. In the second, you go retrieve it silently and hope they don't bother to check very often whether they still have it.
81897, Both my scions have been shifters...
Posted by TMNS_lazy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Note to future Scions:
If you are lucky enough to have your item when you log out, USE ####ING DESPOIL JUST BEFORE YOU QUIT.

It's fun, but not. You just have to have the right mindset (much like playing a villager, or Imperial).
81904, RE: Dasulkai dead and gone.
What you're saying makes a certain amount of sense (and would have been good Scarab character planning). . . what you have to counterbalance that with is:

Scion mage powers are really, really good. They're probably the best set of powers you can get without being Emperor.

As a Scion assassin I might not care that much if I have my powers or not. (Although, having a very target-rich environment might in some ways be its own selling point.) As most Scion mages I know I'm going to end up defending raids at terrible odds, but I also know I've got powers that will let me win (for this discussion defined as, I killed one or more raiders and didn't die). Both of those are pretty fun in different ways if you're equal to that kind of environment.
81910, If you never try, you'll never know.
So regardless of whether what I did was stupid or worthless, it was a learning experience for me.
81937, RE: If you never try, you'll never know.
I completely agree and I totally applaud you stepping outside your comfort zone.

I just wanted to help you through seeing all the angles on the post-mortem, so to speak.
81950, RE: If you never try, you'll never know.
Its all good, I do appreciate constructive criticism, even if it sounds a little harsh.

I don't think that EVERYTHING I did was stupid and worthless though. I did however, make a lot of mistakes. No one's perfect their first time around.