Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [None] Ghollis Bonemuncher the Path of Destruction
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=81368
81368, (RAGE DELETE) [None] Ghollis Bonemuncher the Path of Destruction
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Jun 13 23:28:12 2009

At 7 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 31st of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Ghollis perished, never to return.
Race:orc
Class:berserker
Level:47
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:81
81381, I really wish awesome orcs would stick it out longer...
Posted by Vythigor on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
... but I understand that orcs are "against all odds" characters. Enjoyed interacting with you.
81387, Agreed. txt
Posted by NotGhollis on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
For me it's a couple things but I wil only mention this.

Forced Wimpy: It's never fit with how I've seen orcs and often kicks in when you are sealing a kill. I wish it would only rise in proportion to your condition vs the enemy you are directly facing. Example.

You are at 90 percent they are at 100 percent your wimp is 10 percent. The same if you are at 20 percent and he is 30 percent your wimp is 10. If your health was 20 and he was 40 your wimp would be 20 etc.

If it was the reverse of that maybe +1 moral for every 10 percent.

That's just my idea. I like how they get braver as they age but wish the 45's to 50's had no forced wimp and the Chief was inherently fearless like Minotaurs. (Even if these traits required an edge ony available to them at those ranks.)

I mean come on. You have to have a set of balls to boss that bunch around.

Orcs have enough going against them as it is. (Including other Orcs)

Ghollis seemed like a good orc the few times I saw him but it's hard to be wow'ed by them 99 percent of the time and not through any fault of the player.
81395, Well
Posted by Ghollis on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
i actually forget why i deleted. but thanks, i really liked interacting with you, both as slakken and ghollis. :)

and i guess i shoulda stayed around longer but i didnt really feel playing him anymore, and i dunno the last 10 deaths i had were sorta blehhh so i just decided to rage delete.

81409, I liked Ghollis but...
Posted by Arrna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
...I really felt bad killing you a few times. That time when I and Castiel ran into you on bramblefield roads... We sure as hell weren't looking for you, but the marshall just can't walk past an orc. You never seemed to have potions on you for some reason. Like half of the deaths to me you could have escaped with teleport or recall.

That time in the orc village, man! All my previous experiences with the orc village has rendered me TRULY afraid of that place. When I was sitting next to the gate, I was 100% that I'd die.
I suppose that I'm over that fear now...

It's a shame that orcs are so hard to play it seem. I like the potential they have to the cabal wars. Like that chieftan who was tagged with Zizzle so much did. The orc village I think, is really designed to be in numbers... But far to few play one.

One day or the other I better man up and attempt one. (I'll fail misserably though...)
81419, heh
Posted by Ghollis on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
dont know if you'll see this but half the time i fought you i didnt have a chance to even quaff and the other half i just was bored and wanted to stick around. it's like...2 in the morning. what else am i gonna do if i flee?

also, that time you got me on bramblefield i had fled and was blind and the all songed up by castiel, which was why i was sitting like a dumb duck, since i had no idea where i was.

and yeah dont worry by hero range the orc village isnt scary if you want to get in, it's only scary if you're trying to flee out with no potions.