Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Mestis the Harbinger of Deliverance, Seeker of Purpose
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=81068
81068, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Mestis the Harbinger of Deliverance, Seeker of Purpose
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Jun 8 20:31:10 2009

At 6 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 11th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Mestis perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:healer
Level:33
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:33
81081, Dammit! :(
Posted by Arrna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Why?
81087, RE: Dammit! :(
Posted by Aarn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Good luck as leader! I hope you're not too inundated with applicants, I'm sure there were quite a few waiting in the wings for a new leader to show up. Don't let it turn in to a job.

Probably would have been fun if I had stuck it out to hero to run around with the rest of you, but I just couldn't do it. Sorry!

Aarn
81069, WTF? NT
Posted by Aeinrez on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
NT
81071, RE: WTF? NT
Sorry!

I came up with a role I really liked that I thought would fit great on an Acolyte healer. I wont tell what it is because I might use it again, on a different class. :P

Healers have an unparalleled ability to be... extremely boring. This was my first ever Acolyte attempt, and man... when combat was going on, being a healer is fun. There's tons to do, keeping track of it all. But when down-time hits, it was an all-out stop. No locate object, no ability to kill anything even if you had it, no ability to PK... the number of times I found myself online, having literally nothing to do? Well, after logging on for the third time in a row, and wishing I hadn't within 10 minutes, I figured it was time to go. Acolyte healer is not for me. The boredom was dragging down my roleplay, and more often than not I found myself on bare-RP-autopilot anyway.

Had a few friends, sorry to leave you guys behind. Good luck! It's back to the drawing board for me.

Aarn

81072, RE: WTF? NT
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Heh. I thought I had you pegged as someone else. Shows how much I know.
81075, Let me guess...
Brad Pitt?

I get that a lot.
81073, Well, thanks for gift-wrapping those imperials for me in Udgaard.
Posted by Aeinrez on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wish you stayed Aarn. I loves you.
81074, RE: Well, thanks for gift-wrapping those imperials for me in Udgaard.
That was a nice gift-wrap, wasn't it? The poor fellows thought a random human healer would be friendly! Unfortunately I got a phone call I had to take right then, so I spent most of the time sitting there semi-afk while you did your thing.

Thanks for the Aarn-love anyway. :)
81080, RE: WTF?
Posted by Castiel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It was fun talking with you. I had realized fast that you know much more about fort then myself, anyway I tried hard!

good luck with your next
81091, RE: WTF?
Thanks for the interview. That whole thing with requiring two recommendations before a leader will speak to you can be really, really annoying if the members aren't willing to help out. I had no problems finding people happy to talk to me though, so it worked out fine. :)
81084, Aarnit all!
Posted by Dwarfpal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fortress took a nose dive after you (Aarn) left.

It's half the fun it used to be and needs an I'm like Aarn again.

I traveled with Mestis but cant remember with what character. Glad to kow you are here.
81090, RE: Aarnit all!
I dunno, I've been in the Fort twice lately, and it seems pretty fun still. :)