Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Malthalia Alves the Haunting Elegy, Drillmistress of Battle
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=80736
80736, (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Malthalia Alves the Haunting Elegy, Drillmistress of Battle
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Jun 2 12:48:06 2009

At 11 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 21st of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Malthalia perished, never to return.
Race:elf
Class:bard
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:396
80772, RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Malthalia Alves the Haunting Elegy, Drillmistress of Battle
Posted by Lohik on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Really sorry to see this...I enjoyed Malthalia. Very sorry to see you go, well played!
80737, RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Malthalia Alves the Haunting Elegy, Drillmistress of Battle
Posted by Malthalia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What can I say? It was a good, long run...many names and faces, and a really great time. I never was so good with farewells, so just to let you know that I greatly enjoyed my time, and I hope that those of you who had a chance to play in this game with me enjoyed it too, whether you were a friend, enemy, or somewhere in between.

On a side note, thanks to everyone who played with respect. I managed to carry the same set of equipment for about two hundred game hours, through about ten points of con, so less time spent gathering armor and weapons, more time spent fighting and raiding and having fun.

Special thanks to the immortals who made this character especially enjoyable. The battle imms in particular, and for the odd little echo when important. The guppies when I got myself trapped in the pond were one funny thing :)

Everyone else, well, too many to name names, so thank you so very much for making this probably my most fun character, ever.
80738, Good to have fought you.
Posted by Dierj on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Man you were a tough battle for me most of the time, but I think we had some really great ones down the stretch. That one fiend you killed me with was sick...I mean sick. anyway, I'm glad and sorry i had to be your last death. Hope you come back with a scion bard. :)
80739, Rest Well
Posted by thendrell on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
At the rate you mixed up with pretty much every mage that moved, and well, most any other thing that did as well, lasting as long as you did is in itself a testament to what a great character Malthalia was. Glad to hear you enjoyed the long ride you had with her, wish that I had started running around with you sooner. Might have kept you alive a bit longer having an absinthe filled drunk dwarf hanging around you in some of your no doubt many fights after Thendrell died.

Thank you for the ode by the way, was a nice little surprise to see when I created my latest ill conceived character to mess around with.
80741, Bummer
Posted by Khurm on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I only got to interact with you towards the end of your characters life, but it was fun. I wish you the best of luck and come back soon with another. See you in the fields.
80742, RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Malthalia Alves the Haunting Elegy, Drillmistress of Battle
Posted by Bartis on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I hardly knew you at all during the younger life of Bartis. However, we did finally start to have some on times together and I loved every minute of it. You played a very nasty bard and had a pleasantly aggresive attitude and were willing to take big risks. I always had lots of fun when you were logged on, thanks for that.
80744, Well played
Posted by Nian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's a shame we didn't get to travel more, when we did, it was fun.

The whole "Don't cross that line and neither will I" thing was cool. You doing your best to keep me out of the fights was fun.

See you with the next!
80745, Soddin Fish food!
Posted by Ysaloerye on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Man I was just off thinking of a Con quest for you too!
Ah well such is CF!
Glad you enjoyed the run, you were a great solid presence in the Village and will be sorely missed. I watched you pull off many a "How the F**K did she pull that off" win.

Glad you got a chuckle out of the guppies. I was playing between you Thendrell and my other follower who was trying to rescue you trying to get someone to figure out the way to save you, but my special ed kids couldn't figure it out! Ce'st la Vie.

GLWTN
80750, RE: Soddin Fish food!
Now that was a shot, from my former Imm :). The only thing I remember about that incident was running to Malthalia to go in there and save and resuce her and I saw some clearly Imm produced echo which made me think I had to go back to the shrine instead of saving my friend. Darn you Thrallin, getting the biddy involved needlessly, when I would have joined up anyway!
Just one more of the many Malthalia deaths attirbutable to Thendrell :)

80798, RE: Soddin Fish food!
Too little, too late :)

Friday was a rough day, I think I ate nine deaths then. Something about making enemies with everyone, and they finally get organized and strike together.

And the guppies were funny, definitely a high point, hope you liked the poem they inspired!
80746, Bah.
Posted by Woldrun on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I knew this was coming. I actually thought a few days ago you must have bought it, after that note. Your leader weapon was at the shrine, too, and you had hinted that you were close.

Good job as Drillmistress. A shame our times didn't/don't overlap much anymore. Good luck with the next!
80747, I hated fighting you...
Posted by Dolce on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Damned frightful fiends!

Though we really didn't interact much out of PK situations, you carried those situations with class. Congratz on the con loss... awesome.
80748, RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Malthalia Alves the Haunting Elegy, Drillmistress of Battle
Posted by Ahtieli2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really liked some of your works. I can even say some of them were awesome.

Good luck.
80749, RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Malthalia Alves the Haunting Elegy, Drillmistress of Battle
Posted by Gahdak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fun to run with.

If I was on and you logged on I knew right then we were going to hold every item and tear people down (just like when Woldrun logs on!).

You were a compliment to any offensive based warrior and a competent drillmistress.

Good run!
80751, I LOVED you as Iegob.
Posted by Iegob on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And Iegob REALLY liked you as well. Not sure if your remember, but Iegob had NO idea what was evil and what was good. So he wasn't really surprised that you were an elf that didn't try to kill him. He was more surprised about non-mage elves trying to kill him.

Anyways, cool char! My other chars have interacted and fought you as well and nothing but class. :D
80757, If I cannot kill an elf what kind of self respecting duergar am I?
Posted by Victacar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wow what a great fight. I decided to push it to the end no matter what was going to happen. You died and I had like 105 hit points left.

Who says I cannot kill solo?! Hah!

Anyway, interesting relationship we had and you were tough as nails, especially being a wussy girl elf!

GLWN
80758, I could never understand why you did to me what you did.
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was Armallyn.

I had that edge that made goodies immune to area spells.

One day, I log on, and see you. You make a beeline for me, I put you in quicksand and teleport. Gather some more things, see you again, and throw up a vortex and beat feet.

About 20 RL minutes later, I recall and you are sitting at the Voralian pit and sleep me, deafen me, fiend me, and roundhouse me down in front of Humbert (or some other storm giant).

You had gnome and evil mages in your range, as well as a few Empire warriors if I am not mistaken (I know you had a trib mage in your range, not sure about the warriors).

WTF was that about? How could you rationalize what you did as a goodie to another goodie?

Other than that you were tough as balls and a good presence in the game.
80759, Seriously...
Posted by WAAAHHHH on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
He's a villager. He kills mages. So what if there are other mages around? He's after your ass and you're a mage. Maybe you shouldn't recall so much.
80760, Perhaps you missed the fact where he was an elf.
And I was another goodie.

And he ruthlessly murdered me. With no real remorse.

Way to be anonymous btw.
80761, Thanks
Posted by WAAAAAHHH on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So what? You're a mage.

Are you certain he has no remorse? 100% certain? He didn't sing a mournful song over your corpse? Didn't speak something over your corpse saying sorry, but this is for the greater good?

Do you even know what her rp is, or are you just looking at it from a 1 dimensional point of view just to derail an awesome character and a goodbye thread (personally, mine is the latter).

I suppose you're going to say next that tribbies shouldn't allow goods, nor villagers, nor outlanders, just because they can kill other goods?

Want me to continue on with this type of logic? Cuz I will you know.
80763, As someone who watched/interacted with her
Posted by Iunna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm siding with TMNS on this one. I think it's tough to be a true
goodie in Battle, but I also think there's better ways than camping
a recall point or going to Fort and singing the entire Fort PK range
to sleep for one mage when you have other (non-goodie) mages in
PK.

What I think you are describing is a fantastic NEUTRAL villager, which
you could argue Malthalia was.

That said, I had plenty of good interactions with this character, and
by no means am I trying to slam her.

80765, Agree 100%
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Great battle character, ####ing awful good-aligned character. One who had her alignment dropped repeatedly but never quite made it all of the way to neutral.
80800, I'll disagree 85%
I'll disagree on this. Malthalia made a point to try not to involve any other good characters in her battles. Sleeping them, yes, just to get them out of the way. There were a few times she went to the fort, and a few times she sat at a known recall point. (Not so many, Kjrorh, despite what you may think. If you recall, you caught me with assassinate in the Imperial Lands)

The fortress visits were more for a chance to RP with people, and generally when there either were no other mages to fight, or else when they were impossible to find. Did I balk at striking a mage if he came out? No, but a bard who can't sing any area songs is probably not going to get the kill.

That being said, how did you feel about the few fortress folk who did strike at Malthalia? Or a few elves who did too? I recall Whood did, though that was with much cajoling, Slavil (I think that was his name) came to the village and raided with Nexuns. Xamekan came down and used the basilisk as well. I don't really blame the fortress folk who struck her when she was standing outside, nor Unalatheki when he was trying to defend Padwei, I mean the people who made a point to not avoid battle. Were they subject to the same dropping of alignment?
80803, Um....
Your life was a long one.

Did you forget, for example, the time you dropped the grand nocturne on a whole bunch of Fortress?
80807, Gone and completely fogotten
Actually, I had forgotten that...I'm sure I probably had some "reason", though whether it was a good one or not, I'm not sure. I remember one time being attacked and nearly killed by the fortress folk, because I was hunting at the gates, and I remember running around trying to hand out patches to the non-mages too.
80826, RE: I'll disagree 85%
Posted by Lightmaged on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I will disagree with you here.

I remember when I was playing my last fortresite, Myn. (Conjurer) You kept lurking around the fortress and actually entered the fortress, trying to attack an acolyte and myself. Baerinika was in the fortress as well, and had told me not to touch you. When you marched inside, and kept up with your annoyance, I struck you once, and was immediately Immtelled by Baerinika to 'Stop Immediately or Face the consequences". It was annoying to have to sit there and take it when I could have inflicted a good beating with my lesser archangel and elemental. I believe I was ABSed and prepped out of the ass at the time.

Nothing wrong with goodies fighting goodies when they have cause. I was pissed off though that we were ordered not to attack when an agressive mage-killing bard enters our protected home to cause suffering.

But thats the downside of playing a goodie. Scions would have Pked you, adding to your con-loss and not missed a beat.
80970, You sure myn was a conjie?
Posted by Kernagor on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
He was an awfully fuzzy one, if so.
81050, Ahh meant Drue. n/t
Posted by Lightmaged on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
80805, RE: As someone who watched/interacted with her
Posted by Aarn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This is a big thing that I used to notice with Tribs a lot, nearly as much as Battle. If you're a goodie, particularly in one of those cabals, you have to ask yourself how your actions are in any way different than a neutral in the same cabal. If there's no tangible difference, you should probably be neutral. Even if what you're doing still makes perfect sense for a Battle/Trib. It's more than possible to play a perfect Battle/Trib while playing terrible for your alignment.

I only saw Malthia in action twice, and both times it was when he came to the Fort to look for Fort mages. Twice certainly isn't enough to form an educated opinion on its own, but it meshes with what others are saying.

Aarn
80810, RE: As someone who watched/interacted with her
>This is a big thing that I used to notice with Tribs a lot,
>nearly as much as Battle. If you're a goodie, particularly in
>one of those cabals, you have to ask yourself how your actions
>are in any way different than a neutral in the same cabal. If
>there's no tangible difference, you should probably be
>neutral. Even if what you're doing still makes perfect sense
>for a Battle/Trib. It's more than possible to play a perfect
>Battle/Trib while playing terrible for your alignment.

I really agree with this.

I saw Malthalia do lots of stuff that, if a neutral Battle would have done it, I probably would have rewarded. . . but that I just couldn't square with the good alignment. E.g., lots of area'ing non-mage good characters to hit one mage or Empire or whatever -- if a neutral Battle does that it's kind of hardcore/gutsy... if a good battle does that I'm thinking, um, slaughter of innocents here!
80795, Going to continue on?
You said you would.
80812, Interpretation... or lack of
Posted by WAAAHHHH on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And I quote, "Want me to continue on with this type of logic? Cuz I will you know."

It was a direct question at you, in case you can't wrap yourself around the concepts that I pointed out.
80814, Oh, right:
Basically, you're wrong and TMNS is right.
80815, Really? Let's disseminate what he said.
Posted by WAAAHH on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
"I had that edge that made goodies immune to area spells."

-I don't know why he said this besides trying to elicit some sympathy. The bard doesn't know.

"One day, I log on, and see you. You make a beeline for me, I put you in quicksand and teleport. Gather some more things, see you again, and throw up a vortex and beat feet."

-Great, I guess you're good and using magical means to escape.

"About 20 RL minutes later, I recall and you are sitting at the Voralian pit and sleep me, deafen me, fiend me, and roundhouse me down in front of Humbert (or some other storm giant).

You had gnome and evil mages in your range, as well as a few Empire warriors if I am not mistaken (I know you had a trib mage in your range, not sure about the warriors)."

-Essentially, he's playing the pity card and the 'you suck at rp' card. Attack a mage right in front of him? No way! Pithumping is a shady tactic, and the fact that he's pithumping voralia city, allegedly may imply that he's stalking goods. Sorry, does TMNS know that he's pithumping? Was he there for 20 minutes? The imms, through their omnipresence, knows this, and caught the bard for it - but then again, I'm not debating what the imms know, but what TMNS knows.

"WTF was that about? How could you rationalize what you did as a goodie to another goodie?

Heck yea he can rationalize it. If TMNS was trying to imply something more, state it outright. But he wasn't. It's simply a matter of "you're good, you pithumped a goodie pit (in which NEUTRAL mages can recall to)", and how can you rationalize that? Look at his second response about the bard being an elf.

"Other than that you were tough as balls and a good presence in the game."

At least through all the abstract spiel with incoherent and pretty inapt thought he comes out with a kudos.

Bottom Line - He's not right. Imms are right, in the sense that the knew what's going on and found a pattern for the bard in pithumping. What he's saying is more like a bitch of 'where's the rp! how can a good attack another good!' along the line with 'I have an edge where I pretty much can't hurt you with area spells!'

Also, notice that he didn't respond to what I stated about goodie vs goodie interactions? You, as an imm, would have a pretty absolute say in what's acceptable in goodie vs goodie, in which he never responded or even mentioned what it entails.

What am I wrong about? The context of his accusations was directly addressed, which, through his goading, he has yet to give a proper or even intelligent response. The prejudice of additional information dispersed by the imms plays no factor in this ungodly rant because the fact remains that TMNS didn't know about it in his initial post, and even moreso, after it came to light that the bard pithumped in voralia, it still doesn't matter because the core of his accusation, which is that the bard attacked goodies for no reason (which, even the omnipresence of the imms can't refute, since, as I stated before, he is a VILLAGER with an appropriate role to kill mages) doesn't have any merit to stand on.

80819, Question to Imm re: comments
Posted by WWAAAHHH on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Disclaimer - not bitching.

Iunna gave an example of being aggressive to forts for singing them to sleep. We all understand the mechanics of sleeping another person (besides healing sleep) as being an attack. How come it's not reflected in any sort of yells?

Yes, there's the argument behind faerie fog not illiciting yells - but given that all other sleeping spells have yells, just wondering what the concept behind it is. Just game mechanics, or any specific reasoning?
80822, RE: Really? Let's disseminate what he said.
Posted by Aodh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm going to disseminate all over yo momma.

>What am I wrong about?

Good-aligned characters don't blithely murder other good-aligned characters.

>in this ungodly rant

Yes, yes it is. Let Malthalia write his own dissertation of apologetics.

>before, he is a VILLAGER with an appropriate role to kill
>mages) doesn't have any merit to stand on.

Oh, THAT'S why he can ignore the restrictions of his align. Thanks for clearing that up.
80823, You sure about that?
Posted by WAAAAHH on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
a) They sure do. It's ill advised and they shouldn't, but they do - otherwise, goodie villagers, regardless of their hatred for magic, would be having tea parties with every fortress. There is a limit, certainly, which apparently the bard crossed - but then again, that's what the imms said (I'm not refuting what they said, I'm refuting that TMNS had no grounds on his accusations based on the limited information he presented).

b) Yes, ungodly - I don't really care that much except that TMNS just HAD to come out and try to goad me some more, which Daev responded, etc. leading to this string.

c) See a). Gold/red/gray is hardcoded, there are ramifications, but it's not illegal. It's frowned upon and there are consequences. Not to mention that according to the bard's role, a ####ing elf mage screwed up her relationship. ELF MAGE.
80827, why do you even care? nt
Posted by Jhyrbian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
80829, Oh, okay.
Posted by Aodh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So that makes it cool to kill other goods. Right.

I'll put forth (perhaps... DISSEMINATE?!?!?) the premise that someone who is eager to remorselessly* murder ELF MAGE is not a good person, no matter what is in their role. The next char I roll up could have it in their role that they are Emperor of Thera, have the ability to warp to Organia by saying "Shoopdawoop" and can produce gold coins by blowing his nose, but that don't make it so.

As I recall, the jist of TMNS' post, was that he was actively passive in escaping Malthalia, and was still incensed that he was "pit-humped" in Voralian by ANOTHER GOOD-ALIGNED character while there were other neutral and evil, though perhaps more dangerous targets for the bard to go fight. Also, attacking a Forty as a good-align puts them in the ####ed-up position of being unable to maintain their rp (hunt evil, and DO NOT HARM GOOD PEOPLE AT ANY COST) and still defend themselves against an aggressive foe.

It breaks the game for the Fort mage

{until the aggressor is turned from good to neutral) That is why we're having this discussion. That's why Daevryn said that TMNS is right and that you are wrong. We are finished here.

*don't know if Malthalia was remorseless or not. Don't really care. My current hated her guts. Just trying to set Mr. Crying Game straight.
80831, Funny douchebag
Posted by WAAAAHH on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>So that makes it cool to kill other goods. Right.

-I never said it's cool - I said it's viable rp with consequences you illiterate douchebag.

>I'll put forth (perhaps... DISSEMINATE?!?!?) the premise that

-What, your vocabulary is at such a childish level that you have to make fun of the words I use? You aren't, by chance...a Russkie!??

>someone who is eager to remorselessly* murder ELF MAGE is not
>a good person, no matter what is in their role. The next char
>I roll up could have it in their role that they are Emperor of
>Thera, have the ability to warp to Organia by saying
>"Shoopdawoop" and can produce gold coins by blowing his nose,
>but that don't make it so.
>
>As I recall, the jist of TMNS' post, was that he was actively
>passive in escaping Malthalia, and was still incensed that he
>was "pit-humped" in Voralian by ANOTHER GOOD-ALIGNED character
>while there were other neutral and evil, though perhaps more
>dangerous targets for the bard to go fight. Also, attacking a
>Forty as a good-align puts them in the ####ed-up position of
>being unable to maintain their rp (hunt evil, and DO NOT HARM
>GOOD PEOPLE AT ANY COST) and still defend themselves against
>an aggressive foe.

-He didn't try to harm the bard. The bard harmed him. Kudos for Armallyn for sticking to his RP. How would you deal with the situations? I haven't heard a response from anyone - the elf bard villager should let the mage go, scott free, to use his magic and possibly destroy the 'light' as the elf sees it? Please, do contribute. Also, read what I wrote (if you're capable of with that pea sized mind of yours) - I agreed with the immortals stupidass. I said he doesn't have any merit to stand on his accusations because HE DIDN'T KNOW. The imms provided their insight after the fact. If it's too hard for you to comprehend I wouldn't be surprised.

>It breaks the game for the Fort mage
>
>{until the aggressor is turned from good to neutral) That is
>why we're having this discussion. That's why Daevryn said that
>TMNS is right and that you are wrong. We are finished here.

-We are finished here? Seriously, you are the most ####ed up retarded douchebag ever by saying that. Only #### filled asswipes put that statement at the end (or Graatch or Beront - I think) as a finale because they can't hold their conversation, whether cuz they are illiterate retarded hicks or just plain incompetent snots (or all of the above, as it appears you are).

>*don't know if Malthalia was remorseless or not. Don't really
>care. My current hated her guts. Just trying to set Mr. Crying
>Game straight.

WAAAAAHHHHH!!!
80834, Way to ruin Malthalia's death thread.
Which, by the way, you accused me of trying to do.
80837, Seconded
Posted by N b M on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Get your #### out and leave it at that.

Don't forget to say by to a character that was influential.

wanna bitch, take it to the bitches board.
80858, Someone has a crush on you
Posted by lurker on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Let me in on that hawt hawt akshun plz
80860, I do not think that word means what you think it means
Posted by Jagaub2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
People are knocking on your usage of the word "disseminate" because you are using it incorrectly. Calling other people ESL folk for making fun of your inadequate vocabulary does not make much sense. You probably meant to use the word "dissect" or some synonym of it.

disseminate:
to scatter or spread widely, as though sowing seed; promulgate extensively; broadcast; disperse: to disseminate information about preventive medicine.

This post doesn't mean I disagree with everything you said. In fact, I think much of what you're saying has merit and I am no lover of the alignment system in CF. I think it's great in terms of gameplay, but I don't think it makes sense as far as facilitating roleplay. But it's the immortals' game and that's how things are. These alignment issues could never change without CF becoming a completely different game.
80863, Also, "I'm going to disseminate all over yo momma." kind of works
Posted by Jagaub2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Granted it's used with childish humor, but "I'm going to disseminate all over yo momma." works better than the way you used it, considering the implications of "sowing seed" all over your mother.
80799, RE: I could never understand why you did to me what you did.
I'll fully agree that I was wondering when I would be made neutral. That being said, I did try very hard to not involve anyone other than mages in my battles, and having both of you slept and offering Humbert a chance to step aside, he took it.

Malthalia's first kill was of an elven mage, so the precedent was already set. She saw "mage" and killed them, mostly due to the events that happened early in her life. Looking around to find anyone, and not finding people, I did sometimes take a few minutes and wait at recall points. A viable tactic to face someone who otherwise never moves and makes a point of doing annoying things like quicksand and leaving.

What you're missing is that during that time, I probably did tussle with some of the others, basically anyone I could find. Imperials, mages, etc.

I suppose you'll see it if you care to read the five hundred role chapters I wrote, but basically she cowered in fear as her lover died in Darsylon. Evils were there (anti-paladin, shifter), and tormented him, but it was an elven invoker guard who caught him in an area spell that killed him. And she watched, too afraid to do anything. Hence the source of her anguish, and the reason for her choosing the tragic repertoire.
80802, Responses.
'I'll fully agree that I was wondering when I would be made neutral.'

That right there makes me cool with you. As long as you knew what you were doing was skirting the line of goodie RP, I don't really have a problem with your char.

I've interacted with you since and I suggest you see again what I wrote at the end, that you were tough as hell and a good presence for the village when you were on.

Good luck with your next.
80786, Here is why I full saced you
Posted by Kjrorh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
99% of the time

-- but I also think there's better ways than camping at recall point -- (c) Iunna.

####ing pit sitter. Its ok for other cabals, not for battle. All you did is - this. I hope you enjoed fulls.

80797, RE: Here is why I full saced you
Wow. Kjrorh talking about camping spots and justifying full saccing for it just because she was in battle. Makes me almost wish I did full sac you or let Flaire do it on eastern, but just couldn't bring myself to let it happen to someone, even you. Nice to confirm that I really did misjudge you. Oh well.
80806, RE: Here is why I full saced you
Posted by No.. on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You full sac'd him because you are a griefer that enjoys ruining the game for others. When you can't do it through PK, you do it through communicating in the game. When you can't do it through communicating in the game, you do it through the forums.

What I would love. As in seriously love. Is if the IMMs denied you for "coming out" as "your prior character" on the forums. Because not letting you see your PBF kill counts would be a case of "griefing the griefer" that everyone could enjoy. :)
80794, RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Malthalia Alves the Haunting Elegy, Drillmistress of Battle
Posted by Nidblot on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We said our goodbyes in the game.

A great char from my point of view. And i liked Malthalia a lot even though she was a pain in the ass at times.
The promise to Thendrell and our agreement improved the interaction between us.

You really knew what you were doing and saved the skin of many wanted villagers. It will be a great loss for the village.
I will miss Malthalia, but not the chaos she so often caused.

See you around.
80796, RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Malthalia Alves the Haunting Elegy, Drillmistress of Battle
Was a good promise to make, was very classy of you to honor it for me, so thanks for that. I figured you didn't tell her about it though, just to keep her on her toes.
80801, He told me...
He told me of that gift when you died, and it inspired me to promise to not cause chaos in Galadon or the Spire, in exchange for him not hunting in the village or the ruins. Not that that wasn't fun, and I didn't regret making that promise later :)

On a side note, just wanted to say thank you for all the kind words from (most) everyone.
80811, Well done.
Posted by Firhindil on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I wish I could have played more during the day other than the rare work-from-home or day off I took. It was fun running around with you and exploring. Your build makes any group immediately three times as effective.

Thanks for the fun, glad you played it out.
80850, RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Malthalia Alves the Haunting Elegy, Drillmistress of Battle
Posted by Borkahd on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really enjoyed Malthalia. I thought we played off of each other well and Borkahd just loved to ruffle your feathers. It did irk me that you waited till Borkahd Immed to try and challenge him though :p
But I did understand your angle on it.

Anyway, well played and I will miss having Malthalia around.
80867, RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Malthalia Alves the Haunting Elegy, Drillmistress of Battle
It took me days to decide to do it, and I even wrote the role entry that I was going to challenge you as soon as I saw you, and then next I saw you, you were IMM'd. Just poor timing :)
80873, RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Malthalia Alves the Haunting Elegy, Drillmistress of Battle
Posted by Susubienko on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Good times, good times. :)
81039, Good Char
Posted by Yean on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well done on a good char..I do still remember the day you got inducted, that was one good balls to the walls fight. Don't think there's much to say that you don't already know :) Thought you made a great Vet and later Drillmistress..keep them coming!