Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Mizheng Drak'Tornia the Snarl of Dark Destruction, Keeper of Ancient Remnants
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=80448
80448, (RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Mizheng Drak'Tornia the Snarl of Dark Destruction, Keeper of Ancient Remnants
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue May 26 20:14:05 2009

At 6 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 23rd of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Mizheng perished, never to return.
Race:dark-elf
Class:ranger
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:535
80717, Good thing you deleted when you did worthless punk
Posted by Caztor on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You did #### the entire time Caztor was in the Chasm, coming over cabal I have someone snared please come kill them for me? thats basically how it always came off. And when you found me hurt in the chasm and tried to kill me.....oh boy are you lucky you logged off 15 minutes later then deleted the next day. I had already made my mind up to kill you every time you set foot within the Chasm, regardless if it was to defend or not I was going to kill you numerous times to show you your true place. Scions aint missing nothing by you deleting IMO
80720, RE: Good thing you deleted when you did worthless punk
Posted by Mizheng on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Personally I find your reaction hilarious.

Funny how the worthless punk was on track to be advisor but inadvertently turned it down. Somehow I value the opinion of the imms running the cabal who have my player data to back up their opinions rather than uninformed opinion of another player who wanted to talk junk and then got mad I attacked them. Which BTW....I didnt know you were hurt. How the hell would I? I didnt even look at you first.

80726, Or one named after a Nicholas Cage character from, all be it, a poor film. Face off! n/t
Posted by PollocksTroi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
80521, Thanks for the fights.
Posted by Arrna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I enjoyed fighting you, you knew exactly what to do. Though I wasn't really in trouble as you didn't pursue me when I left the wilderness.

And sorry for that time, I really really didn't mean that as a duel.
But you were right, I wouldn't have needed to do what I did. But I was still new with the skillset and everything, so quite uncertain of what I was capable of. Though, hadn't I done it, you wouldn't have died...
80542, RE: Thanks for the fights.
No sweat...you were a solid enemy and I enjoyed our battles.
80470, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Mizheng Drak'Tornia the Snarl of Dark Destruction, Keeper of Ancient Remnants
Hey I finally popped up....ima forget people cause Mizheng had a long run! Shout me a holler if you want if I forget you.

Anywho!

I created Mizheng first and foremost to mess with the Fort. My prior character to this was Jern (imperial bard) and after getting snared one to many times raiding them it occurred to me that an evil ranger could have alot of fun. Secondly I wanted to capitalize on and solidify the stuff I learned about talismans. So by the time I finished with Mizheng I can tell you I know quite a bit about a bunch of talismans and where to get them. I picked a dark elf because I liked the RP aspect it presented and also it was a sorta homage to Zerrla who helped me out alot as Jern.

(Too bad you didnt ever gimme the time a day as Mizheng Matron Zerrla!)

I had fun as Mizheng and I apologize for the whole 'growling' thing but i'd been messing around with my client (cause im trying to be badass and do aliases and triggers and stuff) and was reading the helpfiles and figured out how to do it...thus the growling was born.

Didnt do a whole lot of background for Mizheng other than he was an orphan, grew up outside Teth Azeleth, was incredibly loyal to other drow especially the females, and was a scout/spy working on the surface world to bring about the Eternal night so that the drow could come forth from the Underdark and claim the surface.

So...the goodbyes.

Scions:

Flimbert/Ikanu/Caztor

I lump you three together because for some reason one by one you all decided to get on Mizheng for as you all put it in one way or another 'not being of any use' which obviously I disagreed with.

Im not sure you three truly understood this but for nearly the entire time i was a hero I had a choice between being able to hit hard or survive a fight. Most of the time I had between 700-800 hp with gear. The only time I broke 1000 was when I took all Xamekans stuff after being looted and for awhile there i had over 1000 hp but hit like a girl.

Basically the problem I had as Mizheng is once I hit hero...I couldnt seal a kill. Either I couldnt lag people I was hurting good enough or I didnt have enough hp to stay in the fight longer than a couple rounds at best if they were hurting me.

To make a long story short...this caused me to focus on the whole 'recon' thing. Mizheng set up kills for you folks, retrieved the sceptre solo so many times that being told he was useless...pissed him off. Thats why Caztor I attacked you. I got fed up off taking ish off you folks who I shouldn't be compared to in the first place. Obviously a drow ranger isnt going t have the same killing ability as a scion shifter with a/b/s/ and despoil and can fly everywhere to hunt and gather things.

Other than that....I actually liked Caztor and Ikanu and was honestly shocked both as a player and a character when ya'll went all Flimberty on Mizheng.

Tameron:

Congrats on becoming Chancellor. Bout time Scions have a Chancellor that actually logs on sometimes. I made level 51 and stayed there awhile before getting inducted.

Nakrasus - I hope I spelled your name right. Wish we could have had a few more adventures together. That time at the Vaults was classic.

Dierj - One of the cooler Scions in the fold. Really appreciated the assistance and info.

Berelas - Hope you do well. Thanks for the compliment. We didnt get a chance to interact alot.

Mergulla - Sorry I didnt stick it out and do the quest. Just got so awesomely bored tell you the truth I couldn't keep it up. I would have deleted a week or two ago but I was holding out to see if id get Advisor. Either way thanks for the titles if that was you. Very cool.

Beroxxus - You did alot in a short amount of time. all that questy stuff with the remnants was really fun and im glad I was around for it.

If I forgot some of you past scions...lemme know.

Enemies:

Kasir - My most hated enemy...damn I wish I coulda got you just once.

Nian - My most favorite fight ever. Kudos on being consistently classy.

Fort Elf Paladin 10006005112 - Damn all of you to hell! Hell I say! Made my plans to be a constant thorn in the side of the Fort alot harder...couldnt really do much against you guys. Especially feared Sarein and Lortas. You both are monsters.

Linden - You turned out to be a pretty damn cool enemy.

Mreash - Started off as enemies but managed to be super cool tot he point we barely were enemies. Was a good relationship. You always popping up on me at the Fort would scare the pants off me sneaky bastid.

Tokk - You disappeared for awhile and we wasn't really enemies except due to cabal obviously. Kinda glad you didnt stick around because I was going to betray you to get your remnant. LMAO Had a whole plan where id get you snared then have a thief steal it from you. We was good enough buddies I didnt want to actually kill ya :P

Friends:

Dorz - You were it! Mizhengs one and only free and clear friend. Everyone else was comproised by cabal ties or were cabalmates and not 'friends'. Really had fun in the woods messing around with folks. Thanks for all the help with Hell.

This is geting long. So lemme just say that if you want to see my thoughts on rangers just check out that other board.

80471, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Mizheng Drak'Tornia the Snarl of Dark Destruction, Keeper of Ancient Remnants
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'd like to hear you elaborate on wolves. One time, when you called one in the mountains near the Fort, it seemed like it either did cutoff, or pounced when I tried to flee. Unfortunately I don't have it logged.
80485, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Mizheng Drak'Tornia the Snarl of Dark Destruction, Keeper of Ancient Remnants
The wolf probably just tracked you as you fled or something. I never noticed them doing a pounce move...they track pretty quick however...hope that helps.

80482, You just had a really bad matchup for me.
Posted by Aeinrez on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I've played rangers before, so I know what a disadvantage you were at in a lot of our fights.

That time I got you at the Archmage was classic. Finally got to use pull to some success!

Roll another and have as much fun as it seemed like you had (at least it seemed you had a blast with the RP).
80486, RE: You just had a really bad matchup for me.
I did have a blast but I WAS getting tired out after awhile. Just hated not being able to fight without spending an hour prepping to be attacked again and again and spend another hour looking for preps. With preps i could survive but still not land a kill...without them...i just died.

80493, Thanks for helping me level up a little.
Posted by Cavefisher on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wasn't sure why you did it, but it was appreciated.
80543, RE: Thanks for helping me level up a little.
Its a game. Evil RP or not..been there... I like help ranking too :P
80520, my criticism
Posted by flimbert on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
First off the whole thing with the low hp is a pretty weak excuse. There are plenty of elf rangers who were doing just fine your problem was that while sure you had less tools to work with then say a fire greeting sword spec you just didn't use those tools effectively.

basically you had good roleplay and for that I give you two thumbs up. but mechanically you just didn't seem to know how to do anything with what you had. I can't recall if cavies get scrolls but you at the very least had talismen which should have kept you in perma protection, fly, haste, stone skin, aura/shield for big fights and as a cavedwelling ranger that opens up some very easy gold sources for you.

My advice for next time is don't play a scion melee class if your not skilled with the class, the powers and enemies will just make your learning curve that much harder and everyone will be pissed at you because there is the expectation that in scion you know what your doing. Mages in scion that are newer have it a little easier since scion powers really help to cover their weakneses.

and wolfkinship is awsome I loved it so much with my swamp beastmaster they are friggin mean. And I agree bears just don't seem to serve any real purpose other then to give you a mob to chat with.
80524, Disagree some
Posted by Baerinika on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mizheng played a ton of hours and took on crazy odds. He was really relentless about trying to get his item back. He died a lot because of it. At the same time, the guy was constantly mixing it up. The rangers you describe play, in general I believe, a lot more conservatively than this guy did. With his play style, low hps was a handicap. That's all it is.
80525, Cosign
Posted by Ahtieli2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
one of the few scions who defended solo vs lich empress, while had 0 chances to win a fight.
80540, RE: Cosign
You seem to like people who are willing to die to you, when there is no point to it. I mean, maybe I fall into that category, but it's still a silly criterion to use, and seems a little self-serving.

For instance, you admit that Mizheng had zero chance to win that fight. So why should he even show up? If he hadn't, would you still respect the character as much? If not, why not?
80550, Do you really think I'm asshole or idiot?
>>You seem to like people who are willing to die to you, when there is
>>no point to it. I mean, maybe I fall into that category, but it's
>>still a silly criterion to use, and seems a little self-serving.

There are instances, where I sure will respect char less for not fighting me on regular basis(~ 5-6 times). These instances are when my enemy has VERY low(close to 0) chances to die and they are not alone in cabal.

>>For instance, you admit that Mizheng had zero chance to win that
>>fight. So why should he even show up? If he hadn't, would you still
>>respect the character as much? If not, why not?

I would not respect him less. But chars who do so, even if they do not put themself in big troubles, deserve some extra respect.. don't you think so?
80551, Here's what I think
Posted by Mek on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think you completely underplay the power of a lich. Do you do it to get people to come and die? I don't know...maybe. You are probably just so used to having a hard time making people stay and fight that you just really love it now when anyone does. I get that. I've been there.

But, whether you do it intentionally or not, I don't think it's fair of you to make the comments you make. It would probably be better if you just kinda kept your forum-mouth shut until the character croaks, because at this point I really don't think anyone can separate your OOC persona from your IC persona, which is not good.

And, you exaggerate the #### out of the whole "this guy never came to defend against me when I raided alone" crap. It may happen to you a lot on the whole, but when you start saying that specific people never try when, in fact, they do...well that gets a bit grating on the nerves.
80559, I'm not interested, sorry ~
~
80561, Cool. Stop posting then? -nt-
asf
80569, Too late
so I'm not interested.
80572, This is exactly why you shouldn't post -nt-
asf
80582, Seriously. I would like you much more if you didn't pos...
Posted by anon_ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n
80589, No ~
~
80657, hi elhe.
Posted by Jhyrbian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
faggot
80658, Hehe -nt-
asf
80573, RE: Do you really think I'm asshole or idiot?
Sure. Characters who are extremely unlikely to die to you..should fight you. Even if they don't have much of a chance of winning.

Characters who have a decent chance of dying to you, but still zero chance of winning, shouldn't really feel obligated.

It just seems like you often give respect to people who burn lots of CON fighting you. Maybe just selective perception on my part.
80575, RE: Do you really think I'm asshole or idiot?
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm not saying it's fair, but I've had the same thought.
80579, Omg
Sometimes I just wonder if people read what I'm writing.

I did some searches(here and in my logs) and I must say goodbyes I've wrote at this board do not support your point of view.
For example(I don't non-enemies here):
1. Firhindil(rager) - died 3 times.
2. Thendrell - 1
3. Mizfara - 2-3(?)
4. Kasir - 5(I actualy thought it's somewhere around 2)
5. Nererial - 0
6. Thomaen - 4(One of the few ragers I never killed solo, though was close few times)
7. Goroel(rager) - 7 highly doubt there were a lot of solo kills.
8. Synoria - donno how much died at me, but also killed me solo which made me like her a lot.

Nearly all of them were hard/nearly impossible to take down solo. And it was one of the reason why I liked them.

Let's say most people(who are not semi-newbies, because I try to give a good feedbacks to semi-noobs just to keep them want playing), who got good feedbacks from me died to me less than most.

Only exception is probably ragers who are way to easy to put into position when they can hardly escape. So you should divide their death on 2-3 to measure them as non-rager chars.

Also noone who actualy burned A LOT of con got a good feedback from me. At least if they got it, they got it because they were semi-noobs or did something else that made me like them.

>>>Sure. Characters who are extremely unlikely to die to you..should >>>fight you. Even if they don't have much of a chance of winning.

They should not but if they avoid me on regular basis it leaves a bad taste. Like Ikanu and he was the only one who got "bad" feedbacks because he sure could do more, given how good in pk player behind.

>>>Characters who have a decent chance of dying to you, but still >>>zero chance of winning, shouldn't really feel obligated.

Nearly sure I've never said a bad word about such chars.

>>>It just seems like you often give respect to people who burn lots >>>of CON fighting you. Maybe just selective perception on my part.

Fighting me usualy means you burn some con :P (I just could not resist)
80580, lol. you just can't stop digging.~
Posted by Aodh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
80581, It takes just few seconds
everything for my fans!
80586, Hrm, decisions....decisions....~
Posted by Abernytee on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
~
80588, Be so kind
not to step into nearly every of my posts. And go learn how to play without being whiny bitch.
80545, RE: my criticism
Thing is flimbert...

I hear what you sayng and I can tell you were a ranger and all....
But you do rememeber Scions was being raided all the time?

Basically half the time I was gathering things we were about to be raided. Now lemme say this...this isn't my first scion character. I played a Scion called Bole a looonggg time ago and the difference between now and then which would have helped me out alot is diversity.

Which I might add Scions is starting to get now...

But back then you could count on getting spelled up by an invoker, having a transmuter possibly, and I think there was even a scion healer at the time...

Mizheng had a menagerie. Not a single person to round out the edges. Because actually alot of those fights I did have a minimum of shield, (didnt fly because of sure footing), stone skin, iron skin, and thanks to Dierj I managed to even add aura to the list.

Even with all of that...paladins basically could 3 round me if I was LUCKY. And tell you the truth until Miralissa came around I hadnt seen a single elf ranger in my range at hero for a LONG time...and I'd know because I liked to kill elf rangers :)

Your assumption that I wasn't using talismans is just...well...an assumption. Fact is you can ask around and you'd know I always ahd a bunch of talismans on me at all times. I spent hours gathering them...in fact that was a part of the problem. Id get talismans get into a fight and then use them up real quick on enemies who would hit and run instead of sticking around then we would get raided and I'd have to make the decision to try and get the sceptre without some key ingrediants or be called USELESS.

And get called useless anyway for not being able to last more than a round or two. I took that in stride btw because it IS an evil cabal. Just dont think you were being quite fair considering key differences in what we were playing.

The fact is that Scions had a ton of enemies and unlike half you shifters I couldn't fly. Im sure that you are a new character you re-remember exactly how long it can take when you have to walk.
But lemme stop before I start sounding whiney if it aint already too late. Lets just say I disagree with your criticism and if you think you can do as well or better feel free to roll up a dark elf ranger and join scion again.

80522, You just forget the little bird advisor that inducted you!!!
Posted by Zubi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And ooh man, did I get hints that I shouldn't. ^^ (From other cabal members.)

But since Zubi was so unstable, she either just nodded with them, or had some rage outburst. ^^ Still I inducted you since I saw that you knew what you were doing, but somehow just not really getting there (PK-wise that is). RP-wise I liked you, and Zubi felt that you had done a lot for the chasm from the cover of the woods.

Good luck with your next! :D
80544, RE: You just forget the little bird advisor that inducted you!!!
Posted by My Bad on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was sitting here trying to remeber your characters name...its been like 400 hours ive or take after all :P
I kept think...Joskay?...but real;ized that wasn't you then figured I put my 2 cent into your goodbye thread. Bah! Told ya'll Id forget some people.

Anywho!

Yeah...thanks...you were cool...I just wish you woulda stuck around a bit...
80593, Yeah, I thought I was quitting CF for good, AGAIN! But I'm back...
Posted by Zubi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
... And I've fought you with my current, alot. ^^ ;)
80533, You lousy growling bastard!
Posted by Dierj on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm just kidding. I thought Mizheng was definitely an interesting character and I never jumped on the whole Mizheng sucks bandwagon with some of the others. I was able to see you "try" even in bad situations. Now...Dierj isn't a nice guy, so he isn't going to be nice most of the time unless it helps him. I also knew enough that you did other things when I wasn't around that made the character legit. I admit there were times I wish you had jumped in more, but after watching some of the damage you would eat while fighting on my side, I could understand being more cautious in some of those instances. When fully protected I'm not one to judge what you should be doing when you can't possibly be as protected as I am without some outside help.

My only gripe is going to be one thing. I'm not a big fan of the *growling* or anything like that over a channel. Work it into the speech of the character instead by flavoring your speech with what you think would change in a growl. I try to do that with my speech on consonants that I believe would be hard to pronounce with dierj's lacerations. I don't know if it makes sense to others or not, but it does to me. :) Sometimes it is hard to make sure you always do it though. Anyway, that is my only gripe and I hope you have fun with whatever is next.
80539, Dang
Posted by Tameron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I knew you were running out of steam since I noticed your playing times dropping off. I always enjoyed having you around simply for your scouting and snaring ability. Wish we could have had a chance to talk more about your artifacts and the like. See ya in the fields!
80541, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Mizheng Drak'Tornia the Snarl of Dark Destruction, Keeper of Ancient Remnants
Posted by Mergulla on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We definetly got our signals crossed then, because that day when I was asking you who you thought should be leader I was feeling you out for if you wanted it or not. (Btw the correct answer if you want leadership and evil Scion imm asks you who it should be is I WANT IT) You instead said "Like you, I'd rather not sit at the head of the table." which I took to mean that you had no interest in being Advisor, which is what I was going to offer you. So I guess sorry about the misunderstanding.

Glad you liked the titles. Just couldn't resist the Zookeeper one since the entire rest of Scion was pretty much shifters. You probably should have come to me for con quest a little earlier than with 1 death left.

It's worth saying that I didn't love this character at first. You earned your mocking nickname "Senor Growleypants" and pretty much just hung out outside the Fort. After you got inducted though you really stepped it up. I appreciated all the effort you put into things.

Good luck on your next.
80555, Re: Conflicts
Posted by Ikanu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I lump you three together because for some reason one by one you all decided to get on Mizheng for as you all put it in one way or another 'not being of any use' which obviously I disagreed with.

Im not sure you three truly understood this but for nearly the entire time i was a hero I had a choice between being able to hit hard or survive a fight. Most of the time I had between 700-800 hp with gear. The only time I broke 1000 was when I took all Xamekans stuff after being looted and for awhile there i had over 1000 hp but hit like a girl.

Everyone understood, right away, that a drow ranger wasn't exactly going to be a powerhouse and that the player behind the character had some learning to do. That's all well-and-good, and you didn't catch any anger because of that. What made Ikanu (and I am guessing the others too) get on your ass was that you constantly made excuses and voiced them over the CB. I mean...it felt like I was back in the Fort and hearing some Squire doing that. You just can't get away with that when you are a member of the most evil cabal in Thera.

Secondly, you rarely ever showed when we were being raided or if there was ever any sign of danger. At least when I was around. You actually made the excuse that "You had a long walk" on many occasions, and I remember asking one time on the CB, "You carry potions of return, don't you?" and you stopped responding. We all knew you wouldn't show - you never did.

Thirdly, I honestly thought your whole character was designed to sit in the Redhorn Mountains, snare people, and then call in other Scions to kill them because you couldn't. I know how harsh that sounds, and I apologize. I just wish you could see it from a different perspective than your own.

Lastly, despite people trying to help you to improve, you seemed to either not listen, or take it as an insult and then commence with spouting reasons why you couldn't do this or that.

ALL that being said, you seemed to enjoy the character and your roleplay was decently consistent. Just bear in mind that for the vast majority of Ikanu's life, we were totally fine and I was just trying to drop advice on you sometimes. It wasn't until at least 100 hours had passed and you kept making the same mistakes and excuses that I said something.
80599, Rebuttal

First off...excuses?

How would I be making excuses unless someone was instigating the need to explain what im doing? See...the problem here was that alot of times Mizheng was n't in any condition to try and help you with something you honestly didnt need help with and why would he potentially throw away more con (which he had little of) to prove a point to you and the others when as baernkia ALREADY pointed out there was TONS of times I retrieved and defended solo against others when you guys werent around. You have NO idea how many times I defended and retrieved.

Th problem was you folks had this idea that I should be doing 'more' when truth is you didnt have a clue as to how much I had done. I rarely showed up to defend when YOU guys were around because YOU guys were around. Why would a RANGER show up for a fight in a place half his skills cannot be used in when there are SHIFTERS around who outside the chasm rend to wipe the floor with entire groups much less defending at the archmage....it was frankly SMARTER to simply head to their outer which 90% of the time was the fort and the other times usually battle or outlanders who I could still do a few things to as a ranger.

Just to underscore the above point...I played ALOT....lemme tell you something...

Folks raided when Mizheng was around. The minute ANY of you shifters showed up all of a sudden the raids would stop unless it was Empire led by Athieli...at least MOST of the time. So hoenstly your opinion of Mizheng is based on the flawed info of someone who didnt have to realy defend that often and could retrieve solo way easier than Mizheng could.

Secondly...

The 'long walk' excuse on MANY occassions? Thats a lie. I made that excuse exactly ONE time. When I was in shadow grove trying to get something. And I had no preps except something to give me shield. And had just spent a buit of time trying to get what i went there for and unlike someone who can FLY...would have had to go all the way to the Fort and all the way back...creeping. Not exactly my diea of fun when you were perfectly capable of getting it back solo and if I remeber correctly you did just that.

From MY perspective...just you being a #### to be a #### just to prove a point. Exactly how did carrying returns of potions change the fact id still have to walk from my hometown, then walk BACK to where i was trying to get my preps so I could put up a decent fight? THEN you get mad cause I couldnt put up a fight for long...how was I supposed to pray tell when you was bitching and moaning cause I was trying to GET prepped?

Thats the stuff that was pissing me off and I let it out on Caztor. Im sitting there spending HOURS a day getting prepped, using up my preps trying to raid/retrieve and then you folks who probably spent HALF the time online as me and spent HALF the time raiding and retrieving felt some urgent need to prove how much better you were by trying to put a dark elf ranger down. How macho.

Lastly the fact is Mizheng DID improve when people treated him with some decency like Dierj who instead of getting his rocks off by telling Mizheng all he wasn't doping actually WITHIN his RP showed me how to get a couple things to help me prep with.
However for some folks its MUCH easier to sit back and spout of some criticisms without knowing the full story.

Fact is what you look at mistakes and excuses are BS...go play a scion dark elf ranger and tell me you dont end up in the same boat.
I dare you...know...i double DOG dare you.

80600, Lol. Mizheng 1, shifters 0 n/t
Posted by JMCC on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
80601, Re:

>First off...excuses?
>
>How would I be making excuses unless someone was instigating
>the need to explain what im doing? See...the problem here was
>that alot of times Mizheng was n't in any condition to try and
>help you with something you honestly didnt need help with and
>why would he potentially throw away more con (which he had
>little of) to prove a point to you and the others when as
>baernkia ALREADY pointed out there was TONS of times I
>retrieved and defended solo against others when you guys
>werent around. You have NO idea how many times I defended and
>retrieved.

No one is saying you didn't do things when we weren't around.

>Th problem was you folks had this idea that I should be doing
>'more' when truth is you didnt have a clue as to how much I
>had done. I rarely showed up to defend when YOU guys were
>around because YOU guys were around. Why would a RANGER show
>up for a fight in a place half his skills cannot be used in
>when there are SHIFTERS around who outside the chasm rend to
>wipe the floor with entire groups much less defending at the
>archmage....it was frankly SMARTER to simply head to their
>outer which 90% of the time was the fort and the other times
>usually battle or outlanders who I could still do a few things
>to as a ranger.

With any LUCK if I throw in some CAPS for EMPHASIS maybe you will GET IT, so here GOES:

I rarely, if ever, SAW you try to defend even if it wasn't suicide for you to do so. And you used the "long walk excuse" MORE then ONE time. THAT being said, you did FINE with going and squatting at the Redhorn. HOWEVER, you would sit there FOREVER. I mean I guess that's FINE, but I really think you could have done MORE if YOU had gone roaming around looking for ANY of the dozen or so ENEMIES that were out and about. But, to each their own. I forget, you would have had to WALK around the map, and WHY do that when there are AIR shifters in the cabal, right? BUMMER.

>Just to underscore the above point...I played ALOT....lemme
>tell you something...
>
>Folks raided when Mizheng was around. The minute ANY of you
>shifters showed up all of a sudden the raids would stop unless
>it was Empire led by Athieli...at least MOST of the time. So
>hoenstly your opinion of Mizheng is based on the flawed info
>of someone who didnt have to realy defend that often and could
>retrieve solo way easier than Mizheng could.

Pretty sure I defended quite a bit.

Here are some things I would have liked to have seen from you:

-Go set up a trap for people fleeing from the cabal.
-Try dirt/disarm sometimes after one of us had pecked the enemy so that they were blind.
-Try landing wasps on one of those tough, tanky people who we had sent running, but had little chance of killing off.
-Target the people who weren't dishing out big damage while we took on the ones that were.
-Just lend an extra pair of blades to all the fights where it would have made the difference.

Despite your race/class obstacles (self-imposed, mind you), it's difficult not to get annoyed when I'm fighting off groups of people by myself and you are around, but not helping.

See, there were lots of times in a defense when these things would cross my mind. "Damn, if Mizheng had been here we could have had that guy!" That's not me thinking, "####, Mizheng sucks ass!" It's acknowledging that your presence might have been key to changing things from a failure to a success, or from a success to a sweeping victory. You didn't seem to think you could contribute anything other than camping out someplace doing spywork. I disagree.

>From MY perspective...just you being a #### to be a #### just
>to prove a point. Exactly how did carrying returns of potions
>change the fact id still have to walk from my hometown, then
>walk BACK to where i was trying to get my preps so I could put
>up a decent fight? THEN you get mad cause I couldnt put up a
>fight for long...how was I supposed to pray tell when you was
>bitching and moaning cause I was trying to GET prepped?

Not sure how many times I need to say this, but I, as a PLAYER, understand your frustration. Yet, as a SCION what do you expect? Should I just constantly say, "Oh, that silly Mizheng...we keep him around to growl about the Prophecy, not to strike fear into anyone?"

>Thats the stuff that was pissing me off and I let it out on
>Caztor. Im sitting there spending HOURS a day getting
>prepped, using up my preps trying to raid/retrieve and then
>you folks who probably spent HALF the time online as me and
>spent HALF the time raiding and retrieving felt some urgent
>need to prove how much better you were by trying to put a dark
>elf ranger down. How macho.

I don't know about anyone else, but I was trying to get you to up your game. I tried giving you tactical advice (which you basically never followed), tossed gear at you, etc. I can play the very nice, benevolent good guy just as well as I can the mean, bastard bad guy. But despite that, I was trying to help you and I was also making things interesting. Maybe this'll dawn on you later, but having a nemesis (even though I don't think I was one) in a cabal can be fun. Makes things more exciting.

>Fact is what you look at mistakes and excuses are BS...go play
>a scion dark elf ranger and tell me you dont end up in the
>same boat.

If not for the fact that it would be extremely obvious that I was doing so, I might. But what would that prove? I've been playing the game longer...big deal. I listened and learned over the years, and got better. I just wanted you to do the same and get out of your defensive mindset.

That's all I've got.
80603, You do realize you sound just like Ahtieli on your death thread, right?
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I mean, just saying.
80604, Eh
I interacted with Ahtieli very little compared to how much I did with Mizheng. I think it's a bit different.
80622, Nah, not really.
It is the exact same jist of the argument.

I'll throw an example out there, so you don't think I'm talking out my ass.

Ahtieli from your death thread:

"I only saw how you avoided me no matter what.. no matter how much scions were on, no matter if I came alone for a raid against 2-3 scions, I've almost never seen you defending."

You from Mizheng's:

"Secondly, you rarely ever showed when we were being raided or if there was ever any sign of danger. At least when I was around...We all knew you wouldn't show - you never did."

Now, at least you were much more constructive than Ahtieli, but you both seem to want other people to roleplay the way YOU want.

80629, Here are the differences
1) I interacted with Ahtieli a handful of times, while spending something like six weeks seeing Mizheng on a daily basis and interacting with him.

2) Ahtieli has a selective memory. We fought a number of times, at the cabal and elsewhere. Admitedly, killing the lich wasn't my goal in those bouts, because I was usually trying to fly in and peck someone who she had slept (aka: Tameron). That takes planning and/or luck, and the right elements that I didn't have at hand. That's not a complaint or anything.

That being said, yes the argument I'm making sounds similar, but it is built on a much, much stronger foundation than Ahtieli's.
80610, Mizheng 1 Shifter 1 n/t
Posted by Imperial on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
80609, True enough. I liked reading that. n/t
Posted by Lightmaged on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
80611, Why have you made so terribly build then?
Posted by Dervish on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
To find your excuses in it? I am not going to bitch with you about your usefullness or uselessness, but your build was really weak.

Your game knowledge was average at best. So you certainly were not the one to make such build 'shine'.

Not sure what you waiting from people now. Though, as I said, I am not with them in bitching and tickling the balls.
80620, Some people roleplay instead of rolling Empire.
You should try it sometimes. Three Empire chars in a row now for you?
80625, Noone asked your opinion here. Go bitch somewhere else. n/t
nt
80626, To be fair
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
No one asked your opinion either, but you showed up and ragged on Mizheng anyway.

Dude trying to rebutt that has at least as much a right to post as you do.
80627, There is some difference between questions and bitching I believe
Also I did not say I dont allow him to post. I just dont care about his posting and dont welcome it since its all the same bitching about russian Imperial OOC gank cheating perma powergamers
80630, Not really. He's calling out you, personally.
Posted by Balrahd. on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And showing that you have no credibility to insult someone else's playstyle/skills when yours amounts to:

Oh hey, I'm going to roll up the next crappy character to become the 4th man in my OOC friends' 4 man ganksquad.

It really doesn't have anything to do with generic "russian Imperial OOC gank cheating perma powergamers." Just you. :)
80635, I forgot to tell you
Posted by Elhe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
that TMNS is our new leader of cheat ring, poor you :P
80638, What the hell do you mean new? NT
NT
80614, well
Posted by cartman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
"How would I be making excuses unless someone was instigating the need to explain what im doing? See...the problem here was that alot of times Mizheng was n't in any condition to try and help you with something you honestly didnt need help with and why would he potentially throw away more con (which he had little of) to prove a point to you and the others when as baernkia ALREADY pointed out there was TONS of times I retrieved and defended solo against others when you guys werent around. You have NO idea how many times I defended and retrieved."

So you were too much of a weakling to contribute... check

"Th problem was you folks had this idea that I should be doing 'more' when truth is you didnt have a clue as to how much I had done. I rarely showed up to defend when YOU guys were around because YOU guys were around. Why would a RANGER show up for a fight in a place half his skills cannot be used in when there are SHIFTERS around who outside the chasm rend to wipe the floor with entire groups much less defending at the archmage....it was frankly SMARTER to simply head to their outer which 90% of the time was the fort and the other times usually battle or outlanders who I could still do a few things to as a ranger."

WAAAA why are you all saying I appear to be useless! when you guys are around i am not needed so i don't do things that you might see and interpert as usefull, instead I talk about all the stuff I do when nobody else is around to do things for me. how dare you stop at a legal red light and let me hit you doing 80!!!

"Just to underscore the above point...I played ALOT....lemme tell you something...

Folks raided when Mizheng was around. The minute ANY of you shifters showed up all of a sudden the raids would stop unless it was Empire led by Athieli...at least MOST of the time. So hoenstly your opinion of Mizheng is based on the flawed info of someone who didnt have to realy defend that often and could retrieve solo way easier than Mizheng could."

Perhaps because the mud saw you as a push over and didn't think the same of them? of course of course but I am a dark elf ranger what am I going to do!!!! (not join scion if your gonna be a waste of space)

"From MY perspective...just you being a #### to be a #### just to prove a point. Exactly how did carrying returns of potions change the fact id still have to walk from my hometown, then walk BACK to where i was trying to get my preps so I could put up a decent fight? THEN you get mad cause I couldnt put up a fight for long...how was I supposed to pray tell when you was bitching and moaning cause I was trying to GET prepped?"

Scions call themselves the elite, when they have a member who seems to do nothing but talk about how he can't ever do anything they see that as weakness. Why would they want to waste a scion slot on someone who is weak? Sure you retrieved a lot when you were alone, but its not like all these other mages didn't just go and retrieve when they logged in all you did is let village/fort/empire take the scepter a few more times before someone competant logged in again.

"Thats the stuff that was pissing me off and I let it out on Caztor. Im sitting there spending HOURS a day getting prepped, using up my preps trying to raid/retrieve and then you folks who probably spent HALF the time online as me and spent HALF the time raiding and retrieving felt some urgent need to prove how much better you were by trying to put a dark elf ranger down. How macho."

NEWS FLASH!!!! your a ranger. for ####s sake don't get super consumed by the cabal war aspect and push people into fighting on your territory. Sure that means letting the scepter lay where it is more often and just going after people who stray from their cabal or god forbid do something sciony somewhere. Your the one who decided to waste all your preps in fights at cabal outers where the preps only enhanced your hit and run abilities not your actual deadliness. Besides you lose basically nothing without the scepter and since when did evil reward individuals for looking out for the common good, why should mizheng the character be obsessed with being the fetch dog of the hole?

Also sure you spent a lot of time online... a lot of time where you seemed to get pushed around and bullied by both enemie and ally alike. Obviously you were exuding some serious scary creepy mofo scion vibes to get that kind of rep. Or it was more likely yay mizheng has come to pad my pk ratio yay for people who never learn.

"Lastly the fact is Mizheng DID improve when people treated him with some decency like Dierj who instead of getting his rocks off by telling Mizheng all he wasn't doping actually WITHIN his RP showed me how to get a couple things to help me prep with.
However for some folks its MUCH easier to sit back and spout of some criticisms without knowing the full story."

And here it is, why didn't you guys see that I was a joke and help me get better. Answer: scion is not fort, weak people are to be used as tools and certainly not given a place within the chasm. If you still need that hand holding after playing SOOOO MANY HOURS then well your not scion material plain and simple go play an outlander and learn the class then get back to the hole.

"Fact is what you look at mistakes and excuses are BS...go play a scion dark elf ranger and tell me you dont end up in the same boat.
I dare you...know...i double DOG dare you."

who would be dumb enough to play that combo.
80621, Glad to see you powergame too.
Some of the people that play this game make me sick.

There is no 'winning' in CF, regardless of what some of you seem to hope and wish for.

80718, And you can stop saying You guys all the time
Posted by Caztor on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
All this #### you just spoke of had nothing to do with why you and Caztor got into it. You and Caztor got into it cause you ask a shifter who knew his wands and had good forms and role played so so to do something you yourself would never try to do. You ask him to kill a bard/warrior Imperials by himself with no help from anyone to gain your recomendation, and that just pissed Caztor off to no end. What gave you the right to ask someone to commit suicide to get your recomendation. Then you tried that cheap attack when I was hurt in the Chasm, which was the only shot you had at killing me so I dont blame you for that. Honestly though man just answer me what gives you the right to send someone who could be helping the chasm to their death? when you yourself wouldnt do it?
80728, while I think mizheng was about the best example of the worst possible scion
Posted by flimbert on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
sending applicants to certain death is completely acceptable and should be encouraged. Scions are evil and even moreso then empire have lots of reasons to not want allies in the chasm. The fewer people that are around the more power for each individual left. PLus its also completly ok for someone to say f** off to a scion telling them what to do unless its the chancellor. Besides who was afraid of mizheng, unless you stepped into a cave with 1 hp up get snared by him by magic he was not a threat, and even then he would likely find a way to loose and blame being a dark elf for not being able to do anything.
80583, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Mizheng Drak'Tornia the Snarl of Dark Destruction, Keeper of Ancient Remnants
Posted by Nidblot on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
After the reading the discussion below i will first off say that from my point of view you did immensly more for the Scions than Flimbert. So many times you tried to retrieve and defend against bad odd. You deserved any immlove you got for just showing such heart.

I liked Mizheng, but for other reasons i could not aid you more. Thats more related to what Scion is than to your char.

He was a good char and you had a fine run.

Thanks for the shield which i never repayed you for :(.

Good luck with your next. Try a tribbie :).
80451, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Mizheng Drak'Tornia the Snarl of Dark Destruction, Keeper of Ancient Remnants
Posted by Berelas on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

You were always in character, and the game was more immersive for me because of our interactions. That takes effort, and I think people who interacted with you would appreciate it.