Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [SCION] Ikanu Barovas the Grand Master of Changelings
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=79745
79745, (DELETED) [SCION] Ikanu Barovas the Grand Master of Changelings
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue May 12 17:17:50 2009

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 10th of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Ikanu perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:227
79858, RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Ikanu Barovas the Grand Master of Changelings
Posted by Mergulla on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You did a good job with Ikanu. I unfortunately didn't see a lot of the things you were working on, and the things I did see conflicted with what I was looking for in a Scion leader. I was also a little confused by some of your prays too. I really liked the first RP we had and I really wanted to see more of that kind of style from you but nothing else ever lived up to the sheer awesomeness of it. I am sorry if you felt I was picking on you in your PBF, that wasn't my intent at all. I was trying to explain why I didn't jump to give you leadership. My task for leadership was meant to get some kind of plotting and RP going and it seemed like you turned your nose up at it immediately without even giving it a shot.

Again, I apologize for not making this character more fun for you. I want to say good luck on your next and let you know that we genuinely do value the quality characters you bring to the table. I've liked some of your past chars more than this one, that I can admit freely.
79861, Couple questions
Posted by Mek on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
My task for leadership was meant to get some kind of plotting and RP going and it seemed like you turned your nose up at it immediately without even giving it a shot.

Despite me having said already that I was working with what you gave us (hired a thief, approached that character, etc), you are still saying this. I sent you, specifically, a letter precisely because I thought you might misinterpret what I said about Mizheng as exactly what you misinterpreted it as. Did you really not see/read that letter until I had to point it out in-game? You never said anything about it after that, but you also never made any kind of attempt to say "Oh, ####, my bad dude! I TOTALLY missed that one!" (albeit in a Mergulla-esque way). Not in the game, nor in the PBF.

Other than that, I liked Mergulla a lot. I just honestly had a huge conflict with what I could do...at first I was just shooting the #### with you and that was fine (first interaction), but as I read more into your religion and Iunna's, I realized I would basically be breaking role to identify too much with you. At least, that's the way it seemed and that probably has a lot to do with why our later interactions weren't as cool. So, the second question: do you view your religion in a similar way?

I can't believe that, even now, I'm tossing out ideas that will never happen, but here we go: How about making some kind of "Pantheonic Alliances" spreadsheet that lays out where the Gods are in relation to each other? I don't mean ranking-wise, I mean belief-wise. You know the game Magic: the Gathering? They have a hexagonal layout which shows how the various colors view each other. You could tie it in with Nature, Magic, Good, Evil, Chaos, and Order. Random, I know.
79862, The "task"
Posted by Dierj on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was planning on waiting until I was gone to post anything, but a roiling anger has been growing for me concerning this whole thing. From the start of the "task" I have seen the involved individual all of one times and I play a good number of hours. So explain to me how having that person be the "judge" of who is worthy is a good, unbiased way of doing things. I love how the note to all of us said that "none were worthy" when some of us probably saw very little of that person.
79864, Easy there
Let me take the bullets bro. You do yo' thang.
79868, Easy there
Posted by Satebos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Let me assure you Satebos was not chosen to be the selector of your next chancellor. He just happened to have the item. And then found out the reason for the interest in said item. And then decided to put his own spin on it. Satebos was a judge of what's good for Satebos, and nothing more.

For future reference, notes are an excellent way to get hold of people who're not online at the same time as you.
79874, I've said more than enough.
I'm not going to speak to it anymore other than to say that my role and roleplay don't lend toward anything you are talking about.
79885, Well shucks
Posted by Findo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It wasn't for the want of trying to get that item, let me tell you. I even found out stuff about certain crystals but never saw Satebos to make the swap for the said item.

Still, begs the question why someone would keep that piece of eq when they wear better and cannot actually use it anyway.

79840, RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Ikanu Barovas the Grand Master of Changelings
Posted by Yean on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You seemed like a cool char. Was gonna get you more involved with the current quest happenings, as that dark voice you heard in the Chasm. :) Roll another Mughol soon!
79797, No love for the Captain :(
Posted by Sarien on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Aww, my feelings are hurt Mek. But I never did get a chance to thank you IC for you congratulating me on IMMing. When I sifted through tells to reply, you were in form. Thanks! :)

-S
79800, Ah!
Sorry there, mon' Capitan! You dropped out (or up) of the scene a while back and I think we only tangled a couple of times. I liked the elven jabs...very in-line with Baer's take-no-prisoners approach.

Good luck, again.
79873, GREATEST PICTURE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by Johnny on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You rock man
79907, It's Don Hertzfeldt
Posted by Sarien on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
He did a buncha cool animation, should check him out on youtube.

-S
79771, I'm not sure why
Posted by Ahtieli2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
but all your chars are very conservative from my perspective. Looking at your logs you were not all that conservative when it comes to fighting other people. But from lich perspective I only saw how you avoided me no matter what.. no matter how much scions were on, no matter if I came alone for a raid against 2-3 scions, I've almost never seen you defending.

79772, Dude. Its a shifter, your a necromancer. Should I say Duh?
Posted by Guy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Or is that already implied?
79773, It does not look
like a good excuse for not defending (especialy as member of "elite" cabal) when there are other scions to wake you up in case of landing sleep spell.
79776, No better than a decked lich looks going around ganging people
And I'm done having this conversation on Meks death thread, you know where to find me.
79777, Another lame excuse
I don't see how my actions have something to do with actions of another player.
79779, This is NOT an attack, even if you likely will believe it to be.
Posted by Abernytee on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Firstly: Everyones actions in an RP/PK environment will have an effect on the actions of other players.

Secondly: Necromancer and, to a greater extent, Lich is about the worst match-up for a shifter imho. CF classes are balanced really well but the balance does not hold across all races/classes and combinations of the two. It does hold in the grand scheme of things when Necro gets rolled by a rager or an elf shield dedicated paladin but then elf paladin gets rolled by cloud warrior and cloud warrior gets rolls by scion shifter and scion shifter gets rolled by necromancer. You have the complete upperhand over a shifter and so a smart shifter (and many scion ones are) will avoid a toe-to-toe fight with you. There are many ways to skin a cat and so the scion shifter will have to think of other ways to undermine the empire and defend the cabal ot better yet, frustrate the lich by getting the item back although a lucky forget spell can ruin a shifters day if he is trying to do that.

So don't expect everyone to be all KNIGHT cabal honourable when you seek to fight them as people are smart enough to know when the match-up is bad.

-----Abernyte

79781, ummm
>>Firstly: Everyones actions in an RP/PK environment will have an >>effect on the actions of other players.

Sometimes it's so but not in this case. Do you really think that my "ganging" made Ikanu not to come for cabal defence against solo lich(with not a full undead army) with 1-2 other hero scions online?

>>You have the complete upperhand over a shifter and so a smart shifter >>(and many scion ones are) will avoid a toe-to-toe fight with you.

Was I speaking about toe-to-toe fight at all? I'm not sure why you bring it here since I was speaking about one vs few scions.

I would not say a word if he did not defend when he was the only scion online. Even though most scions shifters did it and I don't really remember them dying.

>>So don't expect everyone to be all KNIGHT cabal honourable when you >>seek to fight them as people are smart enough to know when the >>match-up is bad.

I belive that defending vs solo lich when you are not only scion online is almost the best match-up he could get against me. Sleeping someone in such situation is a very tricky thing.
79784, ou make me laugh
Posted by luminati on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Come on for the last several months the running joke is that all you have to do to get rid of ahteli is to remove his army. Your going to go down in history as one of the weakest liches because despite the fact that you rack up kill counts you ONLY get kills in gank situations or cabal raid/retrievals which are 99.999999% gank situations.

Why should people bother wasting their time fighting you when everyone and their mom knows the only time you poke your little head out is when you are fully prepped to the #### or with a gank? Your a victim of your own habbits, personally I think chars like this should have a super reverse anti-gank associated with them after so many months. Nobody ever gets impeded by it and as soon as you have more then one ally you can't land more then one in 2 things.

Personally I am a huge fan of the satebos progression from being very conservative to playing the class like a shaman would. It makes for a lot of fun fights even if you are getting beat up at least you get to have a little fun before you hit the ground dead rather then summon batter wither summon batter fiend summon trip summon cent summon bash o all get all corpse if you were on the other side of the matchup you wouldn't even log in.
79785, You should learn difference between then and thAn ~
~
79792, You should learn when to keep your mouth shut with an active char ~
Posted by lurker on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
wheeeee
79827, Why is that?
If it gives me what I want, I will do it for sure.
79846, You want to be seen as a tool?
Posted by lurker on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's your party, comrade...
79847, RE: Why is that?
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I sort of agree with that, actually.

The ship has sailed by now, but FYI I

A) Had a higher opinion of Ahtieli pre-forum-posts (they don't all make you look like a tool, but some of them do?)

and

B) Had no idea who played Ahtieli pre-forum-posts.
79793, RE: ou make me laugh
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ahtieli killed Kasir without any help. In a raid situation. Though, only because I felt guilty about bailing on the cabal defense without even putting up a fight. That, and because I stuck around without actually being prepared to survive sleep.

Ahtieli also killed Mizfara without any help.

Humorously, in both cases I would have survived if I'd just been a little more prepared.

In Kasir's case, literally one or two silver pills would have done the trick.

In Mizfara's case, more teleport potions probably would have done it.

So, it's not the case that Ahtieli only fights with backup.
79794, Either way, fighting a lich sucks...
Posted by hug on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And after being summoned and ganged, or just slept and forgotten, or killed by the lich by itself, it gets to a point where it is just not worth it to throw yourself to the phylac factory. The deck is completely stacked against the shifter even in a raiding situation, even with one other ally. o all rescue at inner, sleep/forget, etc.

That is basically it. Any lich should NEVER complain that people didn't fight them solo, no matter the situation.

Personally I think it is bad taste for Athieli to call anyone out about not fighting him solo, or with one or two others. Mainly because he doesn't know what the perception is on the other side. The lich says, "Well I was alone and without zombies." Well should a Scion shifter whom a forget and one or two energy drains will guarantee death chance "checking it out?". Plus what if he did go check it out and got slept in form and no way to tell the cabal to come wake him up? And even then, is the other Scion going to be foolish enough to try to run in and help?

I mean come on, sleep is not what is scary here, it is two energy drains and a forget. Or even two energy drains and s scourge.

So, lich stop posting things that make you foolish. And maybe, if you don't want the perception of being a ganging/summoning bastard, do it less, or don't do it. I just know that yesterday, you and two others were ramrodding everyone over and over, killing everyone multiple times.

Needless to say if you do that, you will be known for it.
79795, Though it's entirely not relevant in this thread....I do know the feeling of:
Posted by Eterlu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Not wanting to sign on. I sign on and see Ahtieli on. I immediately know that I'm going to die, at least twice, if I don't sign off. It doesn't matter if I just unghosted from being previously summon-ganked, it'll happen immediately again.

Does it ruin my time on CF? Well, partially. But I still don't stop playing.

Sometimes I feel bad for Ahtieli, though, when I see all of the enemies that she has. I normally lose that guilty feeling the moment I see the Imperial Gank-squad patrolling around though.

Not saying I don't gank.

I do.
79830, You sure don't know what you are talking about
>>it gets to a point where it is just not worth it to throw yourself to
>>the phylac factory.

Agreed. However as player of "elite" cabal, as one who wants to get leadership, as player of Mek's caliber. I think you HAVE to take risks. Especialy in defending your cabal. Especialy when risks are not all that high, mind you. And I sure know it better.

>>The deck is completely stacked against the shifter even in a >>raiding
>>situation, even with one other ally. o all rescue at inner, >>sleep/forget, etc.

Do you realise that this won't work? Or I should explain you WHY it won't work?

>>That is basically it. Any lich should NEVER complain that people >>didn't fight them solo, no matter the situation.

Agreed. that's why I've never complain about it.

>>Personally I think it is bad taste for Athieli to call anyone out
>>about not fighting him solo, or with one or two others.

I would agree with you, but not in this situation.(look above).

>>Mainly because he doesn't know what the perception is on the other >>side.
Why do you think I don't know it?

>>Well should a Scion shifter whom a forget and one or two energy
>>drains will guarantee death chance "checking it out?".

I'm not sure how lich can make you eat all these things and even then I doubt you will die.. unless you come with low mana.

>>I mean come on, sleep is not what is scary here, it is two energy
>>drains and a forget. Or even two energy drains and s scourge.
Totaly wrong. Because sleep on shifter means sure death if there is noone to wake him up before lich spell up him.

>>Or even two energy drains and s scourge.
Mek is not that stupid to die that "awesome" tactic.
79837, If you want to nitpick about exact tactics
Posted by hug on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I know that it won't work 100% of the time, but it can work. I know order all rescue sometimes doesn't work, sometimes you are area affected in. If you really want to talk tactics, it is called, blind them, which will force them to either enliven cancel and screw themselves, or revert to heal blind or to leave. During that time you can rescue out and sleep them. You could use your lich abilities to scare them out. You could just continue to spell them up. Any way you fricking map it out, its a horrible match up. So I would stop crying about it, be quiet, let people play the game.

Next, I know sleep is scary, sleep is scary to everyone, but even without sleep it is a horrible match-up. And I know how it works, and I cannot believe you are so short sighted to think that I was saying he "shouldn't" worry about sleep. Seriously, come on. Stop trying to make points out of the utterly obvious. I'm not going to sit here and explain everything in detail to you. I expect you have some understanding of it.

Last, it is not fun to go to a situation where you have a chance to maybe postpone the inevitable, and a very close to 0% chance to win and you hold all the cards. I would not come either, I would do other things to annoy you, counter raid, generally piss you off. So why don't you stop crying about how people won't face you alone or in raid situations under your understanding of the situation, and instead focus on saying the good things about the character and moving on.

Oh by the way, when you were not a lich, you were a complete wuss. So if you want to throw stones we can certainly do that.

Man, for a supposedly good player you got some serious problems with comprehension.
79838, seems you don't even know
how rescue works. And you should actualy try to read what I wrote.

>>So why don't you stop crying about how people won't face you alone or >>in raid situations under your understanding of the situation, and >>instead focus on saying the good things about the character and >>moving on.

I bet you will have huge troubles of finding where I'm crying about how people won't face me alone. Because I've never cried about it. I said a lot of time that I don't have hard feeling when people don't face me alone.

It's clear that my understanding of the situation is much better than most players have :P

p.s. if I had anything good to say about this char I would have done it. Problem is that I've seen 0 actions from this char, except not taking chances.
79875, Do you even know who his previous char was? I do...
Posted by Iegob on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
... And that char was in 0 sense a wuss. I know, I fought that char ALOT of times, and later with another char, I fought with it.

No, when lichguy plays something else than a lich, it sure ain't a wuss. (And I know several of lichguys previous chars.)

And since I've fought Ahtieli as well, both in raid, outside raid 1vs1, outside raid ganged and what not. I can honestly say that he doesn't really gang that much. But yes, he is decked. So? He plays the game to make if fun for himself, don't you? And believe me, when you're in empire with him, you'll have fun for sure, because I do think that lichguy do try to make it fun for his cabalmembers.

All in all, I have 0 problems with the lich.
79877, I wouldn't call him a wuss..
Posted by Minyar1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I would say that he gangs an awful lot.
79908, Seriously, what's the point?
Posted by Dontcareanymore on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Just wait until he dies and look at his stats. There's no point in debating over Ahtieli's character.

1) He has most russkie's respect and empire's respect
2) A lot of the playerbase don't respect him at all..don't even like him for that matter.
3) He doesn't have a custom title. He's been a lich emperor for a few months, and no title? Obviously some imms don't like him either for a myriad of reasons.

Once he dies, if he ever dies, someone's gonna get his pbf and people will either admit that they were wrong or shove in it his face. Until that time, no point in fueling the flames. Let him do what he wants - it's not like anyone is going to dissuade him.

79805, RE: ummm
Posted by Lightmaged on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Man...I don't even half mind your lich. I think you actually play with more sportsmanship than most of the griefers give you....

BUT....shifters are just plain bait for liches. I absolutely despise fighting a decked necromancer, much less a lich. I have tried many differnet combos agaisnt liches and with the exception of a uber-powered water shifter (Harkan), I have been rocked every time agaisnt any semi skilled spectre/lich

FOrget...energy drain...dead. I handed Satebos his strange bracers with a decked out Grizzly bear when he had no army. (Myn) I figured what the hell, I should be able to pull something out if this goes bad....then wham...lights out, dead. At least other classes can simply carry a few potions/limited escape items and get away from any lich encounter.

Only forms I will even risk fighting a lich with are hummingbirds/mongeese/lemurs. ANd thats only to slow them down a bit for cabal mates or mess them up during raids.

You must be getting bored playing a lich for this long. Come back to the weak side.

79825, I know
I've got the idea how hard for shifter facing lich.

But then again, scions shifter under archmage, with wise use of scion's powers with others scions online.. it makes nearly impossible to land forget or sleep. Even if you get forget(that spell lags lich for 2 rounds). It's more than enough time to flee and run into hamsah.
79839, Ahtieli
I did fight you. I fought you at the cabal. I was, however, unavailable to fight you every single time for reasons that aren't readily apparent to someone who just expects you to show whenever they knock. Beyond that, you definitely have a way of seriously downplaying the danger of coming to fight against you and the other imperials you had in tow. Stop playing forum possum.

And please, stop talking about people (in this case, me) not taking risks. It just sounds really...funny, coming from you.
79843, Man
I bet you already read your imm comments. I think you should not take that so close to your heart. You sure can do(and did in past) better characters.

79876, That was you?!?! You bastard! :D
Posted by Kreo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Diving down on me when I was practing scroll use. ROFL I did hold the bracers for 80+ hours though... Had planed on selling them to Satebos for 2000 gold or something, instead, he got them for free. hahaha
79786, RE: I'm not sure why
My chars are not very conservative. I play smart, but I put my ass on the line plenty.

You, however, do not in my opinion. Every time I ever saw Ahtieli, even while not in raids, you were fully prepped to the teeth (on top of that +500hp you get for being undead), and 99% of the time you had at least one (usually more) imperials stuck to your hip. Typically it was Zerrla, for the summon tag-team, Linden, for the dual-sleep attempt, or Zwerg for entwining. Toss in the fact that your cabalmates are some of the most loot-happy guys around and the notion of going and eating a stupid death at your hands looks to be the most idiotic thing in the world.

What's ironic, though, is that I did fight you, but it was to frustrate you. I knew your tactics and I know that forget on a shifter = death. Don't forget, I had a lich.

You aren't going to generally get the fights you want because things are stacked too far in your favor, you bring extra help to an already horribly difficult fight, and you (or the flock of vultures with you) loots the #### out of people who actually give it a try. I mean, is it really any surprise?

Last thing - even with you and your Imperuske army tearing the crap out of my cabal more quickly than I could usually get there, I still went and retrieved. That's the beauty of the airform...I can always see the best time to strike, and so I did. Sorry you didn't like it - not really.
79816, Well said
I didn't realise you had this so sufficiently handled Mek. I wouldn't have said a word had I known.
79824, RE: I'm not sure why
>>Last thing - even with you and your Imperuske army tearing the crap >>out of my cabal more quickly than I could usually get there

Since when my undeads become Imperuske? I raided you almost always solo even when there were other imperials on.

>>I still went and retrieved
Yep, because it does not involve taking risk at all.

>>forget on a shifter = death.
False and you know that.

>>Every time I ever saw Ahtieli, even while not in raids, you were
>>fully prepped to the teeth

How could you know if you never stayed in same area with me longer that 1 second? And being prepped to the teeth in key moments is what makes character strong. Sorry for not coming alone, with no preps up and letting you killing me.

>>and 99% of the time you had at least one (usually more) imperials >>stuck to your hip.

You saw me alone at least in 45% of instances.
79828, Sorry Ahtieli, but forget is almost a death sentence for a shifter. NT
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
NT
79831, Goodluck on killing my shifter as lich
without sleeping me.
79832, Yeah, You tell um
Posted by N b M on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
cast teleport/word; quit wins that fight every time against a lich

Quit trying to sucker noobs into fighting you by making it look like they have a chance, even if you are alone (which is unheard of)
79833, Did you just call Mek noob?
because I was speaking only about him.
79834, RE: Did you just call Mek noob?
Posted by N b M on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I called you out on constantly coming to the boards and attempting to downplay how tough your combo/ganksquad/army is and seemingly trying to get people to actually believe you and stay around trying #### tactics that you play up.

It's far too obvious.
79770, RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Ikanu Barovas the Grand Master of Changelings
Posted by Humbert on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Strong, smart enemy to fight! For what it's worth my hitroll was around 30 to 30+ most of the time. Fortress and Battle have too many people again :P By the way I absolutely loved Darascus (90+ kills as goodie invoker?!).
79759, Betrayal
Posted by Mirfalaus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Pretty sure that it was after retrieval not mid. But you're right I did attack you. Probably because right after I helped you evil tipped. And then I died. Never had any hard feelings from me :P
79748, Thanks for all the blood
After playing Mughol and then Ghriz back to back, I promised that the next thing I rolled would have a higher body count. Ikanu fulfilled that promise, I think.

This was a first for me. Never, in all these years, have I had any kind of air form experience, though I've had a handful of shifters. I really enjoyed it, but as with all shifters it gets a bit dull. I like options in fights, and so I wasn't afraid to revert mid-fight and try out some wands, a scroll or two, or toss in some dispels and fumblings. Probably didn't serve me too well, but I had to take a stab at it.

One thing I should mention is that this character started off as a test subject, but as with all my test subjects I just have to insert some flavor and so I went to town on the role. Unfortunately, it never received any love and I think I was probably just regarded as "Another Scion Shifter," which was slightly annoying as I feel that I worked my ass off in both RP and PK.

Onto the goodbyes:

Scions
First off, I don't know what the #### the deal is here. There are a number of quality characters and for some reason the Imms won't appoint any leadership. I know you've got some questy stuff in the works for that...but honestly it's too little too late. It's kind of an insult to all the people who are working hard in that cabal that you don't let the mortals take the reigns. And no, I didn't expect that Ikanu would have been one of the leaders...I would have been hunky-####in-dory if you had picked anyone...ANYONE. Just...not "no one." Just how I feel.

Anyways, one less vanilla shifter around, and one less decision for the Imms to make.

Mizheng: It wasn't a personal attack on the player, but more on the character and what Ikanu felt was your utter uselessness in so many situations. I was chaotic evil, sphere war, and so I was always sort of looking for a chance to clash. There are two ways to take it: hate me for it and feel wronged, or improve and make me eat crow. I was hoping you'd do the latter and come kick my ass, but you never tried.

Tameron: Always liked you, and you were always ready for a scrap. I hope you get some love. Good luck with the rod, also.

Dhurzoth: Been a long-time coming. Sorry we never got to have that tactics discussion, but I'm burnt on the state of things and had to get out. I hope the best for ya.

Lirieleth: Liked you too, but you seem to have faded a bit.

Caztor: Still curious about how you figured out that I was up to something. If an Imm tipped you off in some way...well, that's gay. If it was a mortal, totally fine. Vicious forms, tough as hell.

Dierj: A bit iffy about you, but overall you seemed pretty cool.

Nakrasus: Great when you're around, and always consistent in RP.

As for the rest of you...I think there must be at least four or five that I HAVE NEVER SEEN.

Fortress
Let's cut the numbers, eh? Jesus christ.

Kasir: Fantastic Maran. I would have loved it if you had been alive during my time as Darascus. When you caught me in the Troglodyte caves I was literally just like, "Wow, I deserve to die." And I did! Stay classy.

Humbert: Again, a classy enemy who consistently "brought it." Definitely "up there" in terms of memorable Maran.

Lortas: A bit of an agitator, you were. Every time you died I was so_very_tempted to take that shield and drop it into the ####ing sea. But I didn't. I'm so sick of elf shield paladins...you don't even know. I would have liked to have seen more paladinly roleplay from you...all I ever seemed to get was the same kind of spite I'd expect from, say, another Scion. Heh. Still, I can't blame you for hating me!

Aeinrez: I may be getting some of the A-name maran mixed up, but iirc you are a pretty solid presence and quite willing to tangle. Good job.

Nian: Kind of a punching bag! I was secretly hoping you'd send me packing sometimes, but it didn't happen. I think I did see an improvement over time though, so good on you.

Healers: I hate you all. You made my life so impossible sometimes. It's a shame that, often, it took your arrival to get a group of 4 or 5 other Forties who were already on to come and raid against just me. Kasir, Sarien, and Humbert always got the ball rolling, and very rarely Lortas. But it seemed like you all generally wanted to completely eliminate the possibility of dying before taking a stab, and so you waited for the healers. Quite annoying, and effective.

Battle
Let's SERIOUSLY cut the numbers. Holy ####all. Also, the combination of resistance with giant resistance or svirf stoneskin in conjunction with warrior HP and defenses definitely made you guys the toughest opponents I had to deal with. I tried using unstable mutation over relentlessness of the jaguar just to get past some of the redux, but whenever I did that I just couldn't ####in hit you except with rakes...unstable mutation doesn't help rakes at all. Still, I somehow managed to carve a path of bloody carnage for a while.

That being said, thank you all for the fights and the respect. I had a good time with it, despite the frustration.

Woldrun: Typically I was in for a futile struggle, quickly degenerating into an assbeating, whenever I fought you. Totally expected from a cloud giant berserker sword spec commander, however. The simple, pure effectiveness of the build always reminds me why warriors are so popular - they are just so ####ing good!

Maug: You quickly went from a pushover to beating my ass almost as well as Woldrun. Nice job man.

Bartis: I feel bad about the dogpile PK on you in Azreth. Here's how it went..."cb Hey, Bartis is in Azreth. He has that thingy, so let's make sure he doesn't get away, Dierj." Then Dierj must have said to his group of Nexuns, "gt Hey guys, I'm going after Bartis in Azreth...he has that thingy we need." And then they must have been like, "gt We're going to come along to make you two look like ####s." And so, you died. Hehe. Anyways, good times, and you were really hard to kill and always fled in the right (wrong) direction.

Malakhi: You have become as tough, or tougher, for a shifter to beat than Woldrun. The maledictions and the defenses just rape. Good job man.

Nexus
Just a blanket statement: I wasn't a murder-all shifter. I was a murder-most shifter! }( Ikanu had a role reason for hating the Seekers, as he was all about creating instability and crushing people. You guys, in his view, just existed to undo the damage he worked to create. Sure, you all have to create some chaos too, but in practice I never really saw it. Toss in Mirfalaus' mid-retrieval betrayal (and subsequent demise), and I had all the ammo I needed to gun for you.

Imms

Beroxxus: So glad. So, so glad you are back.

Mergulla: I was thrilled to see you arrive, and then I was like, "####...her religion is the utter opposite of mine." But, I tried to cultivate a working relationship.

Iunna: I had so much more fun interacting with you as Ghriz and Mughol. I just felt like you were sooooo verrrrry uninterested in anything I had to say. When I finally just said, "I'll stop bothering you," and you didn't even say anything back it just confirmed it in my mind. Maybe Ikanu's RP didn't leave enough room for developing a chummy, bar-buddy relationship with a Goddess as the other two clowns I played before. Basically I hit a point where I felt I'd be breaking the character's own role by being anymore eh...what's the phrase...self-ingratiating (?) to you. I was hoping you'd just be more pro-active, pop up when I smoked some people or did something cool, and give me kudos but it never happened. Ah well. Some other time? I have the worst luck with Imms.

Baerinika: Thank you for all the smites. I hope you realize I wasn't being an ass as a player, but being a hateful, disrespectful Scion.

I am sure I'm missing a ton. Go ahead and post and I'll get to ya.
79749, RE: Thanks for all the blood

>First off, I don't know what the #### the deal is here.
>There are a number of quality characters and for some reason
>the Imms won't appoint any leadership. I know you've got some
>questy stuff in the works for that...but honestly it's too
>little too late. It's kind of an insult to all the people who
>are working hard in that cabal that you don't let the mortals
>take the reigns. And no, I didn't expect that Ikanu would have
>been one of the leaders...I would have been hunky-####in-dory
>if you had picked anyone...ANYONE. Just...not "no one." Just
>how I feel.

First separate comment: does a cabal that's more or less full really need leadership? I think it becomes a lower priority.

Second (staying vague as you did because a lot of this is still playing out in game): I feel like there are so many great responses you could have made to the challenge(s) before you in this respect, and I can't tell you how disappointed I was that yours continually seemed to be "that's impossible, or the only angles I'm choosing to recognize are demeaning to me, so I'm not going to even try and you should just make me leader anyway."

Seriously, any of the times I've played Scion I would have killed for a challenge like that to really push the limits of my interaction/ingenuity/RP. It's the kind of challenge the "elite" members of Scion should rise to. Actually achieving something like that is the kind of story we'd still talk about and remember fondly in five or ten years.

As is, I have to think back to the sabotaged elixir for a moment like that from the Scion cabal.
79752, Dont remind me of the sabotaged elixir damn it
Posted by Johnny on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I played the main role in that, Main role ofcourse being the one who got ####ed over with the elixir. And if I ever see Yagig I am punchin him in the ####in ####
79755, I hear ya
I wasn't "not trying," but I felt pretty discouraged man. I took two separate angles at achieving that particular goal - both went nowhere, and both had risks. And the part about not wanting to play fetch? It's totally anti-Ikanu. Sure, maybe someone else will do it and it'll all work out. I knew I couldn't gather up the required items, and I knew I couldn't take out the character in question. You say it's defeatist, I say to hell with that. I am never afraid to play the underdog, but sometimes #### is too thick.

And I never said "Make me leader anyways." Not at all. Like I said, I would have been happy if you had made anyone leader. Why? Well, every cabal we fight against has solid leadership, lots of numbers, and plenty of Imm loving. I can't speak for all Scions, but I just don't ever see it.

Anyway, this sounds bitchy and ranty already, and I know that's how you are going to interpret it. And I'm not elite. I just do well sometimes.
79756, Says the man who made me and Elhe do all the heavy-lifting.
Where were you when we were doing the questy, getting item "a" and nearly dying horribly?

I mean, yeah, you got it later when you got a lucky cleave and Elhe was an idiot and cast lightning bolt underwater, but I mean, wtf.

BTW, this is utter and complete sarcasm.

I had a lot of fun with the intrigue/questiness in Scion with you Nepersauce.
79775, RE: Thanks for all the blood
Posted by Guest2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
From time to time the mud would benefit from if you tried to see things from a less superelite perspective. No offense intended.

Its not the big things that are needed for most of the playerbase, but just a crumb here and there. Increasing the gamevalue should be important for us all, players and imms.

79787, Yeah, both would be nice
We don't have the God perspective.

My shining example of WTF'ness in this regard is when you guys stashed my lich item on an NPC in AYERTHL ZELAATH and calling that fair. Haha, that's so unbelievably ####ed.

I only actually found out exactly where that item was years later with Darascus...even with my fully-powered invoker (and knowing lots of tricks about that area and ST), I couldn't get it. Like a drow necro had a chance in hell.
79788, RE: Yeah, both would be nice
I don't remember that and possibly wasn't involved in that, but you know? Being a lich is pretty much the most elite thing in the game. It's supposed to be hard.

I personally never gave out a set of lichquest items that the would-be lich was likely to be able to get all of by themselves.
79791, I understand that
And my first lichquest was hard, and I had to round up a group for at least one of the items.

The second lichquest was beyond hard. It's not that the mob alone couldn't be killed. I could have done that with other people. It's that 95% of the playerbase doesn't know how to get there. If they did, they'd have to die a good half-dozen times before they got a clue. To survive there and defeat said mob, I'd have to reveal a lot of very potent things about ST - things that I honestly think people shouldn't be spoonfed entirely...a little nudge, but not given the keys to the kingdom, so to speak.

On top of that, the npc in particular seemed uniquely difficult when compared to others like it. Having slain a few with Darascus, I could never kill that one. It beat my ass through sanc, full shields, aura, stoneform, shield, BARD RESIST, huge mental saves, over 1k hp...

I really don't know what to say other than we're not going to agree on this.
79798, RE: I understand that
Posted by Ravon. on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Eh, I don't agree. I think most mages could do it solo in under an hour with brute force.

"To survive there and defeat said mob, I'd have to reveal a lot of very potent things about ST "

I don't think you would have to reveal almost anything, to be honest. If you wanted to explain why things worked, maybe, but if you just tell them "do x, y, and z", I think it's not so bad.

"things that I honestly think people shouldn't be spoonfed entirely...a little nudge, but not given the keys to the kingdom, so to speak."

Well, therein lies the problem. You wanted to protect what knowledge you had, when in fact what you had is not really worth protecting. If you want to be secretive, then you have to spend more time exploring or trying different things. If you want to collaborate, then you can get by without doing as much. Personally, if I had this kind of difficulty, I would just have recruited a couple people and let them see whatever.

"I really don't know what to say other than we're not going to agree on this."

It's like trying to screw in a lightbulb with a hammer. You're right, it's way too hard, and no amount of finesse is going to make it happen. It seems like you had the correct tools to get this item and decided not to use them. It would really suck if you had never been to ST or heard of it and had to get an item from there.
79799, A few points
1) This is getting way off of this character's death thread, but hey I'm feeding it now so whatever.

2) I knew vastly less about ST/Ayerthl at this point than I learned later. Matter of fact, the Ayerthl npc didn't even hold the precise item I needed (now that I recall), but I needed it to GET the item I was seeking, unless I wanted to try killing the necro archmage.

3) There were really no allies at this time - Scion was in the dumper. That falls into the "#### happens" category.

4) With knowing next to nothing about Ayerthl at this point, trying to teach other people what I was ignorant of was not happening.

5) I tried for a long, long time to figure out a way with the tools/characters available. There was none.

It's all ancient history, but it was a personal low-point to come that close and never achieve it. Happens to everyone at some point.

To draw a comparison, my "successful" lich's items were located in these places: Azhan, Octagonal Tower, Kobold Caves (believe it...still hard as hell to find at the time), and Organia. Three of those I could acquire, as a ghost, in less than 15 minutes. The toughie was Octagonal because 1) no one really knew about it, and 2) the mob in question kinda demanded a group presence. Still, very achievable.

Contrast with Sekhuroth's: Ayerthl Zelaath, Corte, a *very* hidden spot in the Arkham Crypt where sheer desperation ends up making you try ridiculous things until *DING* one works, and ####, I can't remember the last one, but I am pretty sure it was a doozy.

Anyways, the contrast in difficulty was always in the back of my mind during all of this, and I think it slanted my opinion considerably. All lich quests are not made equal.
79810, RE: A few points

>2) I knew vastly less about ST/Ayerthl at this point
>than I learned later. Matter of fact, the Ayerthl npc didn't
>even hold the precise item I needed (now that I recall), but I
>needed it to GET the item I was seeking, unless I wanted to
>try killing the necro archmage.

Oh, right, we're talking about THAT. There's at least two easier ways to do that, neither of which require ST-specific knowledge. That is, how would you get another item of that kind in that kind of location? A couple of the answers will work.
79812, RE: A few points
There was no one with the necessary skill around. I asked all over the place for weeks (maybe even longer).
79817, Untrue
I tried to show you how to get it, but nep had to go off and fix that bug that was letting me in. *fistshake*
79818, In any event
The options available (thief or Ayerthl item) were not attainable. Was there some other way? Apparently. Did I have any idea about it? No. That is one of the most unintuitive areas I've ever been in, and you are punished when you try things and they don't work.

79813, Unrelated to this:
Can you publish my PBF? I paid ya'll!
79845, Which makes one of the current Lich a real douche
Posted by Abernytee on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Given that he used his altrnate character, a human goodie conjurer with archon on tow to search for his Lich quest items.

-----Abernyte
79853, Pretty positive this is misinfo.
But not by a long shot.
79850, RE: Yeah, both would be nice
"Being a lich is pretty much the most elite thing in the game"

This is why I think if there is more than one it should be a Highlanderish thing where their power is divided until one is gone. I'd love to see some Satebos Ahtieli logs - It won't happen anymore, both are afraid to die and lose their shinies.
79851, really?
Posted by ahtieli2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
looks like you have no ####ing idea of what you are talking about.
79865, Which part do I have no clue on?
You post all of your logs on the board and defend yourself, so where are the ones of you and Satebos with one of you dieing and losing stuff? When was the last time you fell and lost a piece of gear? You also think you know everything about how a shifter goes against a lich and think that forget isn't anything to think about. When all you need is a warrior to cranial or batter and you got a good shot of landing that c 'forget.' Yes...it might be hard to land, but getting away from a prepared gank is also at times. You realize that maledictions lag a shifter when shifting right? For someone so good at this game, you are so clueless sometimes. Much simpler for a air/offense shifter I agree, but not a piece of cake.
79887, Jeez
>>You post all of your logs on the board and defend yourself

Reason why you WON'T see my logs is because you and others think that I've posted them for defending myself. I think it's stupid to post something to defend myself from people who will bitch no matter of what I post.

>>so where are the ones of you and Satebos with one of you dieing
>>and losing stuff?

You won't see them, look above why.

As for shifters and forget... I've described situation where forget in my opinion is not something you should worry about. Probably you missed that part, so go and read it again if you are interested in it. If not, do not post something as stupid as you wrote. Because you really speak about something I was not speaking at all.
79750, I of course cant give up my source
Posted by Caztor on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But lets just say you where not pulling anything off to do me in without my knowing it. You had good forms capable of destroying alot of people. You played them well and you where good to have around the chasm. (even if you where trying to pull a quick one over on me lol) And I gotta say I feel you on the no leadership #### taking place in the chasm right now. I have worked my ass off on a roleplay plan to bring the eternal night(doubt anything will come of it but lets hope shall we) good luck with your next one

Caztor
79751, RE: Thanks for all the blood
Posted by Victacar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
On my own doesn't mean I cannot have useful individuals to work with. Slinking around in the shadows was fun with you hovering above and me in the shadows below. Our goals crossed path a few times and you were an enjoyable, although pushy (as is your role) character.

Good luck with next or GLWN!

PS. Thanks for the couple of saves against Kasir. He is a nasty bastard!
79753, RE: Thanks for all the blood
Posted by Kale on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I came along towards the end of your tear I think, but you were pretty badass, and I brag about beating you in Udgaard every chance I get.

P.S. I hate the grizzly bear.
79809, Re: Udgaard
That was stupidity mixed with fatalism, on my part. I had had a fat despoil but was down by about 500hp when we started that, and I think I was still maledicted from something. I had been resting nearby and flew up to head off, then I saw you down there...so far from the village...mmm, yes. Had to try. Then #### just went bad quick and I stayed too long. You totally won that one.

P.S. Right after, on the CB someone asked if you were hurt (I think you were convulsing), and I told them you were in perfect health. I didn't want to see you get worked cheaply after just winning a tough fight.
79754, I liked this character.
Posted by Malakhi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Those days in the low 40s with a "who pk" full of enemies (but having the head nonetheless) and Ikanu flying around - somewhere - were so much fun. Maybe the most fun I've had playing CF in the last few years. And it would not have been the same - or at least there would not have been the same everpresent danger - without Ikanu. I do not think you had ideal forms for your playstyle, but you were relentless and extremely wily. A true scourge.

So thanks. I hope to see you again.
79757, Well.
Posted by Iunna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Couple things -

1) I just didn't have time to watch this character (and many others)
because of moving, looking for/starting a new job, etc.

2) There are things going on IC for Iunna that aren't really going to
make her a happy camper interaction-wise, so if she seems really
disinterested, that's probably why. I'd guess this was the second
biggest factor, beyond #1.

3) I had a hard time figuring out what you wanted from me, to be
honest. You seemed to pray a lot to people other than Iunna, and
that generally confused me.

4) I honestly don't remember your tell about not bothering me, and
I'm guessing it's because I was vis and had 4901451 other people
talking to me at the same time. Sorry I missed it, but IC Iunna
probably wouldn't have cared anyway. :p

5) Your assessment about bar buddies is probably fair, and for that
I'm sorry. That's what's fun for me personally, so that's what I tend
to gravitate towards. All others are pretty much hit or miss.

Hope that helps, and hope I didn't scare you off for the next time.
79760, RE: Well.
>1) I just didn't have time to watch this character (and many
>others)
>because of moving, looking for/starting a new job, etc.

Ah, such is my luck. Always.

>2) There are things going on IC for Iunna that aren't really
>going to
>make her a happy camper interaction-wise, so if she seems
>really
>disinterested, that's probably why. I'd guess this was the
>second
>biggest factor, beyond #1.

You mean things my character did? I'm not sure I get it.

>3) I had a hard time figuring out what you wanted from me, to
>be
>honest. You seemed to pray a lot to people other than Iunna,
>and
>that generally confused me.

I pray to the Gods relevant in the life of my character. CF has a pantheon, and I don't think it makes sense to exclude belief in all other Gods for the sake of one. My take on it is like what you'd have in ancient Greece...sure, you might be a priest of Zeus, but when you fall in love you are going to thank Aphrodite. When you feel like killing your hated enemy, you are going to ask both Zeus and Ares for strength. When a friend dies, you pray to Hades that they are taken care of in the here-after. When you go to sea, you pray that Poseidon doesn't pwn you.

That's just my take on it.

>4) I honestly don't remember your tell about not bothering me,
>and
>I'm guessing it's because I was vis and had 4901451 other
>people
>talking to me at the same time. Sorry I missed it, but IC
>Iunna
>probably wouldn't have cared anyway. :p

I guess it was like one of those "Dropped Call" commercials.

>5) Your assessment about bar buddies is probably fair, and for
>that
>I'm sorry. That's what's fun for me personally, so that's what
>I tend
>to gravitate towards. All others are pretty much hit or miss.

I don't know...maybe you should remove War from your spheres, or make some kind of allowances for characters like mine that pop up? I mean, the whole dogma of the cabal was perfect for the character...and yet the Diety wasn't? How f'd up is that?

>Hope that helps, and hope I didn't scare you off for the next
>time.

Honestly I don't know. It seems like such a huge gamble with Imms...if you pick one and it goes this way, the character never seems to come fully alive. Bear in mind I use my old interactions with Shokai and Beroxxus as benchmarks, and nothing has ever come close. No one ever seems to really go out of their way. It's like "Come to my shrine, pray, we'll do a song and dance, and that's it." Again, I realize my experiences are mine alone, and don't reflect the awesomeness of anyone else's.
79765, RE: Well.
Posted by Iunna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>>2) There are things going on IC for Iunna that aren't
>really
>>going to
>>make her a happy camper interaction-wise, so if she seems
>>really
>>disinterested, that's probably why. I'd guess this was the
>>second
>>biggest factor, beyond #1.

>
>
>You mean things my character did? I'm not sure I get it.

No, this had nothing to do with you, but it flavors all of her interactions.

>I pray to the Gods relevant in the life of my character. CF
>has a pantheon, and I don't think it makes sense to exclude
>belief in all other Gods for the sake of one. My take on it is
>like what you'd have in ancient Greece...sure, you might be a
>priest of Zeus, but when you fall in love you are going to
>thank Aphrodite. When you feel like killing your hated enemy,
>you are going to ask both Zeus and Ares for strength. When a
>friend dies, you pray to Hades that they are taken care of in
>the here-after. When you go to sea, you pray that Poseidon
>doesn't pwn you.
>
>That's just my take on it.

I'm not saying you can't pray to other people, it just was never
very clear to me that you were following Iunna, particularly when
it seemed like you didn't seek her out that often.

>>5) Your assessment about bar buddies is probably fair, and
>for
>>that
>>I'm sorry. That's what's fun for me personally, so that's
>what
>>I tend
>>to gravitate towards. All others are pretty much hit or
>miss.
>
>
>I don't know...maybe you should remove War from your spheres,
>or make some kind of allowances for characters like mine that
>pop up? I mean, the whole dogma of the cabal was perfect for
>the character...and yet the Diety wasn't? How f'd up is that?

I'm not sure why removing sphere war would help at all. In
the end, a character has to do something to really catch my
attention. I have on average lately about 20 followers, and
this basically means a lot of them don't get that much in the
way of interaction. I've had plenty of traditional evil people
show up and do okay, but not a lot of them have stood out from
the "indeed" crowd. Maybe I just wasn't watching you closely
enough (see #1).

>Honestly I don't know. It seems like such a huge gamble with
>Imms...if you pick one and it goes this way, the character
>never seems to come fully alive. Bear in mind I use my old
>interactions with Shokai and Beroxxus as benchmarks, and
>nothing has ever come close. No one ever seems to really go
>out of their way. It's like "Come to my shrine, pray, we'll do
>a song and dance, and that's it." Again, I realize my
>experiences are mine alone, and don't reflect the awesomeness
>of anyone else's.

Pretty much. Not everyone gets the Hayim/Grawshen/Goroel
experience, unfortunately.
79761, Correction

I don't know...maybe you should remove War from your spheres, or make some kind of allowances for characters like mine that pop up? I mean, the whole dogma of the cabal was perfect for the character...and yet the Diety wasn't? How f'd up is that?

Should have read "...the whole dogma of the religion was perfect for the character..."
79762, I wasn't expecting this...or
I also wasn't expecting you to say something nice about my char. Especially after I pretty much told you to "go jump in a lake" over that one item. There are a lot of strong personalities in Scion right now and I think that is giving the imms trouble in determining things. Plus there is that "task" that I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on. Anyway, I liked Ikanu for the most part and I knew when you were around we could get in some fun scraps. That time was Bartis was basically a fluke beyond you and I. I think they might have said something to me right after you did, and I was already on my way there. I do hate those kinds of numbers, but we both know why it happened.

Anyway, good job and see you aorund the fields.
79763, RE: I wasn't expecting this...or
The Task:

It makes sense, I guess. I think it's lame to put the outcome of it in the hands of a PC, though. You'd all also be stupid, IC, to want to make that character more powerful. The clencher is that you don't have a chance in hell of killing that character. Some may disagree with that. I don't, and I have a laundry list of reasons that I can't get into at this point without messing things up for you all. Also, Scions aren't people's bitches. People are Scion's bitches. At least that's the way they should look at it, imho.

Basically, I don't see any other cabal having to jump through such huge hoops, and like I said already, there is a lot of love going around but very little seems to get to the Scions.
79815, RE: I wasn't expecting this...or
>Some may disagree with that. I don't, and I have a
>laundry list of reasons that I can't get into at this point
>without messing things up for you all.

I disagree; however, the ways I'd have gone about it in your shoes are moderately creative.

You usually seem like a reasonably creative player and it was a little painful to see you seemlingly thinking in the box on this one.
79819, RE: I wasn't expecting this...or
I thought trying to hire out a thief to deceive that player and then steal the item was pretty inventive, and working within my means.

I think I was already annoyed with how everything has flopped for me for multiple characters in a row now. It's making me jaded. Nothing ever ####ing works.
79764, Wow
Posted by Gahdak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were a monster until I hit 51, then it was close to even though I would never be able to seal a kill.

The few times I got to interact with you were interesting and exciting whether it was fighting you (running away to the village!) or bantering with you and you basically telling me that your going to eat my soul.

Anyway, good job and thanks for the random times you would flyto me and see me fight 3 others and actually not jump in.

Great character.
79808, Glad someone realized
...that I tried to stay out of dogpiles when I could. Sometimes I don't mind (especially if a rager is hauling ass to the village and I can't seal it before they get away), but generally I think it's more sporting to keep the battles small. No one likes getting steamrolled, ya dig?

Interesting specs, btw. I think you have potential for some surprising kills with that. I'm curious about your legacies.
79766, Leadership
Posted by Beroxxus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hey glad to be back. The reason there has not been any leaders made yet, is I've only been back a week. I want to get a feel for the characters in Scions first and discuss it with Mergulla. In the mean time, I've hoped to provide some interactions with the Scion players. Hopefully a Chancellor and/or Advisor will be named soon. Trust me I don't feel like doing Cabal interviews and I really want to see what people can do. Anyhow, I just wanted to mention that.

Beroxxus
79807, RE: Leadership
The interactions were great. But, I kinda got the feeling that you and Mergulla needed to coordinate things a bit...the perception could be off, though. I know that, IC, you probably aren't the chummiest Gods around.
79768, RE: Thanks for all the blood
Posted by Bartis on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really wasn't all that upset about that ganging. It was to be expected. In fact, that was the 2nd out of three deaths in a row where I died to five or more people. You're fights were tough. I always wanted another good shot at you. It's a shame the last go we had was when you caught me last night fighting the abolisher. I don't know if you felt it to, but, right before you hit me I lagged hard. Next thing I knew a few rounds flew by and I saw a bear was fighting me. Time to go! I was kind of twisted up by the abolisher so I didn't think my chances were great.
79804, RE: Thanks for all the blood
You got tougher and tougher every time we fought. You were never totally lethal against my combo, but you survived it like a champ. It was like that line in Rocky IV where the russian says, "He's like a little piece of steel." That's how you were.
79774, RE: Thanks for all the blood
Posted by Eldarwen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I loved and hated seeing you on. Flyto peck till blind and grizzly with 1500 hps was nasty. I think the only time I could even think of standing up to you was when you didn have the scepter. Fun fights I wish I wasnt completely over matched most of the time. But that seems to be the case everytime I go up against one of your chars.

Good Luck with the next.

79803, Pfft
Dude, you were so god damned hard to fight. StSF and crazy defenses + maledictions just made fighting you such a huge chore. You landed that impale on my hummingbird SO MANY GOD DAMNED TIMES I wanted to cry. I don't know, but it sure seems like those maledicts last longer these days. We're talking like 16-18 hours?! That's sooo much down-time that it's not even fun.

But yeah, don't underestimate yourself. You rocked my socks a good amount.
79778, One of the other scions. We never met.
Posted by Findo Gask on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I saw your logs and drooled at the Hummingbear combo! I think Bear is, hands down, the most offensive form out there and having had a hummingbird before I absolutely love the form. Did you have a regen form too? If you did that would have been my dream combination.

Liked what you did but I too was a little pi$$ed at all the shifters suddenly in the cabal but you, Dierj and Caztor were some of the last to arrive and were all good at putting out the fear into the rest of Thera so I guess I shouldn't mind really.

GLWYN
79802, Re: Hummingbear
The bear has some useless-ass skills though. Furor and Scent are ####. Rake is generally the only option, with the odd bite here and there. I think, from fighting one, the wolverine is probably better. I would have taken a lion, tiger, or ram over the bear. I had to work a lot harder for my kills than all these ####in' tigers with their Auto-PK skill, but it worked out for the most part.

And yeah, a big part of why I deleted was the over-population of shifters and no one else wanting to keel over and delete. Since my character was something of a failure (to me) in all non-PK areas, I figured "why not?"

I already have a massive, epic role in the works. Something to outshine anything I've done before...and for me I really need that depth to draw on. I can't go for the long-haul without it.
79820, I totally agree about the bear, but wolverine is not better.
But Lion/Tiger/Alligator/Dire wolf probably are.

Bite has its' uses. It is a bit of strength malediction.
79821, Disagree
Posted by CraftedD on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Bear is a top pick for me. I think its just like the best form ever. Far better than wolverine. Tiger racks up kills because of pounce. But bear can truely rip through ppl. I'd enjoy a bear/cheetah combo to be honest :)
79822, Well, I think Cheetah is hands down the best form in the game.
So yeah, Bear/Cheetah would own serious faces.
79782, You deserve...
Posted by Tameron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
...a jimmy kick for deleting. Really! A three step drop jimmy kick from Sebastion Janikowski.

Kidding aside, I thought you were great. You definitely knew your stuff and helped me on numerous occasions as well. I really wanted to see how you and Caztor's "relationship" turned out, considering I place you and her as perhaps the most deathful of the shifters.

Good times to play alongside the Mek for a change and good luck with your next!
79801, Hey
Congrats on leadership. I absolutely knew that was going to happen.

I'm slightly bummed, but I'm sure my bitching helped things along and hopefully slapped a bit of sense into a few people. Now comes your quest form, and the subsequent Golden Age of Scion domination, right?

Heh...Mek is jealous. Not really though.
79783, Yeah, that's about right
Posted by Nian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
> Nian: Kind of a punching bag! I was secretly hoping you'd send me packing sometimes, but it didn't happen. I think I did see an improvement over time though, so good on you.

Yeah I'm trying, and getting there ... I just can't handle shifters all that well ...

When you're pulling out maims (if you're not just missing entirely) on the guy that's doing MANGLES/DEMOLISHES on you, there's not a whole lot you can do, other than get out and hope you run fast enough.

The combo works too well afaik, certainly for someone like me. From what I heard in-game, I'm far from alone on this. But, especially on the one-on-one's, I survived more than I died, I think, so that's not too bad :P

Not a stab at you, you're just using what's available ofcourse. Beyond that, you treated me (and others) with respect, so that's great. I would have liked a random tell now and then, though, but whatever.

Anyway, powerfull character, just point it somewhere else next time :P See you in the fields!
79823, A Fine Barovian Opera
Posted by Dhurzoth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
that had me rolling, on Kiadanah. I always looked forward to having you log in, although it's hard to balance buddy-buddyism with being an evil, bad, wicked, nasty dude.

Looking back on my notes, you were the first groupmate of mine to stand out as cool, interesting, and knowledgeable. I was looking forward to rolling around, killing buff-ass mobs, killing liches, and wreaking general havoc.

I enjoyed running around for the brief time. Also for the gear and wands that I would immediately lose. I would have *loved* to talk tactics and strategy, considering you are one of the PBF's I pored over, trying to figure things out and plan this character.

Good luck with your next, hope it has the spark and you get some things rolling.
79767, RE: Thanks for all the blood
Posted by Mizheng on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well damn.

As a player I dont take it personal...figured its all RP...but I never came after you because you'd have definately kicked my butt unless fighting in a cave and even then...you probably would have kicked my butt. Try playing a drow ranger, check out your HP at hero, then get back to me on how your experience went fighting a Scion shifter with despoil and a/b/s.

I would have come after you eventually...but it would have been an ambush....Mizheng isnt the straight up fighter type...really...if you only knew...he really can't be....

And by the way...I ran because i lost over half my HP in that one hit. I went from perfectly healthy to either gushing or even maybe writhing...whatever it is when your prompt turns yellow.

anyways....good luck with the enxt.

79806, Glad to hear it
I feel your pain. You sure picked a tough life ;)

I didn't realize that one OBLIT took that much of your life. Get some HP gear and some protections, man-o. As a ranger you could probably have aura, stoneskin, shield and protection at all times if you wanted...maybe even resist positive too. I think if you put an effort towards that for a bit, you will see that you can do well.
79811, Damn bird
Posted by Pique on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Never knew what to expect from you. One minute you'd be raking the guy I was chasing down. Sometimes you'd aim those claws at my face. other times i'd try and place my little jagged claw in thick hide.

You were hard to face. Rake did a number even if it appeared I might be doing well.
79746, My mortal enemy.
Posted by Aeinrez on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The only reason I entered the role contest was maybe to get something like 'Super protective eyelids' so you wouldn't just manhandle me.

I had two or three talks with Isildur (as Kasir speaking to my corpse heh) about you, as I couldn't honestly figure out a way to beat you other than giant gang.

Well done. Hope you keep playing.