Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [NEXUS] Sarahlyn Phlith Lu'ssinssrin the Grand Eldress of Changelings
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=79559
79559, (RAGE DELETE) [NEXUS] Sarahlyn Phlith Lu'ssinssrin the Grand Eldress of Changelings
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed May 6 16:20:54 2009

At 1 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 21st of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Sarahlyn perished, never to return.
Race:half-drow
Class:shapeshifter
Level:48
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:72
79565, Where should I begin.
Posted by Sarahlyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm sorry nexuns that I did not stay with it, If I didn't post on the dios and wasn't that much upset with rievar and not wanting to play a char that related to him in such a way, I would not have deleted her. I enjoyed playing Sarahlyn a lot and for some reason that one character always pissed me off with the whole insult ignore full loot ignore thing going on. As for the island I've been watching it get pummeled a lot lately and thats the biggest reason I made Sarahlyn.

Alligator was an awesome form except for I had no way to lag people and nobody was brave enough to fight me on water except for Malakhi who was such a friggin pain in the ass to kill or even fight against period. Yes, Alligator may have huge powerful strikes but is a slow walk form and has no lag that is why the only way for me to kill someone was with really Eterlu which was my one of my fav bond mates. But the best thing I think alligator has for it is the regen, even better then it's overpowered bite because with villagers like Malakhi and Karako who dodge and parry my bite make it hard for the oblit bites to be worthwhile.

Nexuns

This was my first cabal to ever join in my whole cf life and was always a fun one especially with Mirlin if any of you remember her. Sarahlyn I believe was a great nexun but I could be wrong and everybody in the cabal was awesome. Rhyme you were fun to be around and a great leader gutsy and knew what you were doing. Sideon you were quite the healer, always cheery it was almost aggrivating. Eterlu you and legsweep against those villagers and my alligator was pwnage :P or against anybody we fought for that matter. I didn't get to intereact with to many of you, but I enjoyed all the time in the island.

Enemies
Villagers, you were all fun to fight except for that one. Sorry I got the alligator and scared most of you away from fighting me especially when I had two of my wands.

Ikanu, You were a pest besides being a scion. You always fought me when I was unprepared except for that one time where I sent you packing which made me feel better about myself that day.

Victacar, just once I wanted to fight you without you catching me offguard but thats what you were best at :P you killing me did aggrivate me a bit especially with that last 3v1. :P

I tried not to make enemies but I also did my job when It needed to be done.

Sorry if I did anything to piss someone off, but I wasn't intending on making everybody happy either and I do regret deleting.

79568, RE: Where should I begin.
Posted by Landser on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It really sucks that you deleted on an unhappy note.

At the point when we were super-evenly matched it was awesome fighting you.
Then, once you got the alligator it got really one sided. The way you were eating
Villagers I figured you were a sure-thing for Meter.

Good luck with your next, and don't tell anyone about how your stingray humiliated me.
79574, RE: Where should I begin.
I enjoyed fighting you especially the first time I ever fought you. Teehee sorry about the greater evasion/greater dodge stingray :P That was a mean trick. :P and the alligator was a great tide turner but when I grew up some more, I needed my wands badly cause you villagers upped your strength too :P
79572, RE: Where should I begin.
Posted by Victacar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hey not a problem. We all get angry sometimes. And you made up for it later by being a class act.

As for that situation, it did begin 2 on me. Why did Eterlu rest and why did you unshift? He rested and you left him, I promptly knifed and killed him. You returned, unshifted and not flying, and as I tripped you those other two came in. Granted you were dead no matter what seeing all that really happened was that the other one (who I have no idea who they were and I could not harm), hit you for a total of 100 points of damage. My last hit was a MANGLE and I still had 5 more attacks the offensive form had to dodge for you to pull off getting away :).

Anyway, I understand the frustration and keep up the chin. Thieves are probably the most annoying and most frustrating things to fight, so I don't blame you.

GLWN and take care!
79575, RE: Where should I begin.
Yeah, I was trying to get to the island and I noticed eterlu wasn't with me so i went back, she died and I shortly after because of that. You were a sneaky #### couldn't ever be prepared for you and thats what pissed me off the most. oh and wtf is with perma lag trip lag now? just cause you get a vicious attack it makes it a bash lag? that really irritated me too :P but none the less you stuck to yourself and was cool
79578, RE: Where should I begin.
Posted by Victacar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Help Cheap Shot. If it happens on any kind of lagging move, trip or other, it will add about a round of lag to that lagging move. So if I trip you, you get 1.75 rounds of lag which will allow you to get another command in, but if cheap shot happens, it turns to 2.50ish (all possible misinfo), so I am able to trip again and have a chance at cheap shot before you can do anything.

This also applies to other lagging moves other characters when we are facing the same foe. For example, if warrior 1 is bashing you and I'm fighting you, I have a chance to cheap shot their bash and add lag to it!

There is a reason it is 14 damn thief points!
79579, RE: Where should I begin.
Posted by Kasir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It also seems less reliable than it used to be "back in the day". Either that, or every person I fight has the prone defense edge.
79580, You are correct, it was (quietly but necessarily) nerfed. Previously it was 95% chance of permalag on anyone not flying. nt
Posted by Scrimbul on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Bard Repertoire Clarifications:
http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=6&topic_id=23735&mesg_id=23735&page=
79573, Bleh
Posted by Zardala on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The way our playtimes meshed, I was hoping I would see some action beside you. Bards can lag, you know :))

You seemed very cool and composed, and then went overboard after that mess with Rievar. Don't let the game get to you. It was only gear, and you were caballed, you would be in tip top shape in half an hour.

Anyways, GLWYN!
79576, RE: Bleh
Yeah, I'm really sore at myself for deleting and I think sarahlyn was going to be one of the best chars I've had. *sigh* I wish I could get her back but I truthfully and royally f'd that up. *sighs* and yes you are right, bards can pawn too but warriors give 200+ hp :P less your a dwarf then you give +400-500 hp for shifters. Sorry I gave out so damn early and thats to all the nexuns. I feel like a ftard now more then any. anyways thanks and I'll most likely make another nexun real soon.
79582, Great fights
Posted by Bartis on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That's too bad you deleted. We had some good fights, plus you were always willing to throw down.

PS: I was going to give you a shot on the water too ;>
79585, RE: Where should I begin.
Posted by Ikanu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
From the get-go you said things that made me cringe. Ikanu took on a personal hatred for you after that, and so yes, I went after you quite a bit. My bit of advice would be to just not say anything at all when you are thinking of going off on someone about a perceived wrong they did to you.

Good luck. See you around.
79560, I thought you were more whiny than average...
Posted by Anobserver on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
... I would not say it was too over the line but it seemed that you wanted to play a high risk character without the risk of losing anything. It doesn't work like that.
79561, RE: I thought you were more whiny than average...
I wasn't trying to be whiny, but there were some situations that really frustrated me, oh and the whole boa thing :p I had a desire to keep my things or one might call a lust, for power, shinies and such like that.
79566, RE: I thought you were more whiny than average...
Posted by Anobserver on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I hear you but generally there has to be a price for aggressive PK'ing and such price is that you will lose items. Anyway, I enjoyed our small interactions and thought you were pretty cool. Looking forward to playing with you in your next reincarnation.
79571, RE: I thought you were more whiny than average...
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think this, taken as a whole, is pretty fair.