Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [NEXUS] Caranock the Inceptor of the Astral
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=78704
78704, (DELETED) [NEXUS] Caranock the Inceptor of the Astral
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Apr 10 23:50:21 2009

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 6th of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Caranock perished, never to return.
Race:svirfnebli
Class:conjurer
Level:30
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:48
78711, Humm....
Posted by EXB on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I tried managing a svirfneblin conjurer nexite not too long back... crazy name which I've forgotten now... Was very difficult, although I never did get to take the wisdome = charismatic charm edge but all that helps with are the elementals anyway...

The combination of their charisma and just difficulty of being neutral made playing them fairly non-enjoyable.. loved the free stone skin though.

Out of curiosity, and because I was hoping you would stick it through... what was your downfall, etc? (besides crappy angels I imagine)
78717, RE: Humm....
Posted by Caranock on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Out of curiosity, and because I was hoping you would stick it
>through... what was your downfall, etc? (besides crappy angels
>I imagine)

I don't think I've ever had to sleep so much or spend so many long periods being completely ineffective with a character due to the timers. It got really annoying. REALLLY annoying. Finally, when I died again....well, it was kinda a spur of the moment thing.
78724, I couldn't agree more
Posted by EXB on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
With my svirf conjie I quickly learned that if I called an angel (for example) with 700 mana, I HAD to invest a minimum of 600 mana into the binding and even then it would often fail... the fail-safe was the same mana used for the calling.

Goodies and/or evils think they have it hard, but at least when I rolled an evil I could call that lesser ice devil and then bind it with less than half of what I used to call it in the first place.

Which in the end is one of my gripes... why do "they" get a familiar that helps mana regen when neutrals have much more cause for that need? Still don't get it.... ah well.

EXB

Hope to see you back into nexus