Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Soraec the Grand Master of Changelings, Venerable Maran
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=78621
78621, (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Soraec the Grand Master of Changelings, Venerable Maran
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Apr 7 08:18:20 2009

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 2nd of the Month of Nature
on the Theran calendar Soraec perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:476
78622, RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Soraec the Grand Master of Ch...
Posted by Soraec on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This is my third hero (all shapeshifters) but by far my favorite. Yes I am a newbie as I am sure several of you guessed. With the first characters I learned that not only was I bad at PK I was also afraid of it. That wont fly in this mud! So what better way to learn about pking then a offense/air shifter. I tried to hunt solo as that is the best way to learn.
Soraec lucked out big time! Lion/eagle, both amazing forms. I cant say enough about air forms. I only lived this long because of what they can do.
Luck struck me again with my ABS. I was able to gather all of them by myself (but I choose rp wise not to gather one of the set).
The only thing I regret about Soraec is choosing that he get a solo kill before applying to the fortress. This resulted in me being a hero for sometime before getting in. That first kill took me forever.

I only play one character at a time but I try to play as often as I am able (I wish it was more). My first shifter was before the revamp and with Soraec I saw the change come in for the air forms. Big thumbs up from me for the shifter revamp.

Next for me is to work on my RP and exploring. I am really bad with area knowledge.

Baerinika, thanks for giving me a chance at Maran. It happened before I was expecting it. I will definetly come back to the fortress sometime in the future.
Padwei, thanks for the words after my final death. I loved your mortal and I am sure I will love you more as an imm.
The fortress characters are great. There are some real standout pkers and rpers. The fortress is always full of helpful players and I appreciate all the help given to me.
Evil chars - without you guys Soraec would have been nothing. I would fly around looking for someone who had a red aura. Thanks for giving me a fight.

All in all I had a great experience. There is alot of respect from fellow players. I look forward to seeing you all again soon. Next time I hope to succeed in age death.
78623, RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Soraec the Grand Master of Ch...
Posted by Kasir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
For what it's worth I didn't notice you were a newbie. I can't see exact numbers, but it seemed like you had a decent amount of PKs compared to the rest of the Fort.

Your next character is really going to miss that air form. It's just so damn convenient. :)
78624, Goodbye and hurry back
Posted by Abernytee on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
As much as I hated knowing you would pop up on me when I was really hurt (curses to hawkeye) I also enjoyed knowing you would fight.

Nice job,

-----Abernyte misses his air forms because he got lazy. Or did having an air shifter make him lazy?!
78628, RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Soraec the Grand Master of Ch...
Posted by Haidoril on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Good showing old boy. I think for a while there you were one of the only Fortress players that matched up with my playing times. Always looking for a rumble too. Hadn't seen you in a while so it's good too see you stick it out until the end.
78645, You were really cool.
Posted by Zefta on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I enjoyed fighting you as both Zefta and Iegob. :D To bad we won't be meeting eachother on CF again.

Good luck with your next.