Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectElzebeth is gone.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=78536
78536, Elzebeth is gone.
Posted by Xanthrailles on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This was my second attempt at this character. I originally completed the role about 2-3 years ago and started the character, but didn’t finish it. I made a few modifications to the role and ended up with Elzebeth.

There is no need to tell me that she was a lying, stealing, cowardly, ganging whore. I know all of this already; because that is the way I wanted the character. She was my vision of how a Shadow character should be played. In my eyes what made her scary was that you were never quite sure where she was or what she was doing. Even when I was in those large groups of Imperials it was to spy on them. Most of the time I’d wander off and do my own thing instead of staying with the group.

I have no real regrets this time. There were a few things I started, but didn’t get to finish. If it involved your characters then I apologize. Unfortunately I started a new job last week, which requires me to live in another city during the week. As of right now I don’t have internet access Monday-Thursday. If you interacted with me, I hope I made the game a little more fun for you. In the end this is something we all do for fun.

Good Luck and see you all in the fields.

P.S. How did I pull off playing a woman? I removed reason and logic from every decision and based it purely on irrational emotion. :P

78753, RE: Elzebeth is gone.
Posted by Enlilth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Liked this char, liked what you were planning to do with it, liked how it was played. Plain and simple. Fairly bummed you deleted. GLWYN
78871, RE: Elzebeth is gone.
On a positive note I've got a new computer and have it setup. The downside is I won't be making a new character until June.
78609, Awesome
Posted by Ahtieli2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think I've seen two or may be three better imperial shadows in my cf carrier but you sure made it to my top list. I was waiting to see your attempt to overthrow me. I was totaly sure you will give a try.

As for the things we were talking about in palace.. OOC I'm totaly agree with all you said there.
78715, RE: Awesome
When we had the palace talk I knew I was running out of time. It was my hope that it would prod you some after I was gone. Overall I liked your chracter, but you need to expand you focus. I don't know how you've kept that chracter going as long as you have. I'd have grown very bored long ago.

As to overthrowing you, there is no way I'd have tried that. :P
78570, you make little baby jesus cry
Posted by Flimbert on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
man you were fun to rank with, I missed losing my imperial thieves connection once everyone figured out I was a scion. You guys were always more of a blast then the other sects because on one hand you knew you should hate me for being a non imperial, and on the other hand... we had something to gain by not being at each other. It was an interesting, dynamic, and fun relationship, I hope when i get back to the states on wednesday that everyone hasnt deleted!!!!

I hope you make a devious little scion that will be fun, not eough people really embrace the depth of what it means to be evil and just take it from the perspective of either doing whatever they want or being an ass and you did a wonderous job of being neither of those and yet still entirely self serving which is awsome.
78714, RE: you make little baby jesus cry
Who is to say I didn't always know you were Scion? You were cool, so I was willing to hang out with you. Shadows were all about the intrigue to me.
78568, It's a shame we didn't interact more
Posted by Nian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I enjoyed our little talks, it's a shame they were so short.

See you with the next
78716, RE: It's a shame we didn't interact more
Man did I hate that legacy. It always bothered me when I was get a skillful kill on someone and then leave their armor. Then five minutes later they would return with extra people. RP wise I'm cool with it, but ooc it rather sucked.
78560, Nicely done
Posted by Beib on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had only a couple of brief interactions with you but I dug the character. Even when we didn't directly interact there were some subplots that I think we were both peripherially involved in that made for some fun times. GLWYN.
78563, RE: Nicely done
I always wondered if it was my vote that cost Iktul the Kingpin position. Originally I voted for him, but then he made some threatened me in some way or another. After he did I switched my vote to Tellik. Then I tried to convince him that it was one of you all.
78553, Teaser!
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I believe the PBF contains the title I wanted for this character but couldn't sell Rayihn on...
78555, RE: Teaser!
Please don't publish the last chapter of my role if someone picks up my PBF. There is some info in it on active characters. I don't think it would be fair for it to be released.
78551, RE: Elzebeth is gone.
Posted by Hezhur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Your schemes kept this char going.

After the unfortunate crash that corrupted pfiles, which caused me to lose 7 levels, 750 gold and a guild leader spot, I was near deletion, but Elzebeth kept me going. You would give out assignments that really made me feel spy-like, which was what my character was all about. And since it took me about 100 hours to get from 29 to 49, I had plenty of time to do chores for you. After our first interactions, I figured, sphere Vanity, so I did my best to feed it :)

Cool character, well thought out RP.
I hope I'll meet your next incarnation in the Fields, good luck with your job.

P.S. I'm not sure why I got promoted that easily since I don't think Hezhur was very impressive, PK or RP wise.
78554, RE: Elzebeth is gone.
You donated the gold and completed the tasks. Why wouldn't I promote you? My Shadow Sect was about the power of information, not pk ability. You seemed to grasp that, so I rewarded you.
78544, HAHAHAHA. I did the same when I played a woman.
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
PS I really liked this character.

Not surprised now knowing it was you Xanth.
78543, Gotta love that type of thief
Posted by Kassibaz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I hated you and loved you at the same time. You were a perfect imperial IMO. Whenever the Codex was done you called me up, whenever you could you would gang me. If you get the time, the Island could use some awesome RPrs and skills like yours.

Take care.
78549, RE: Gotta love that type of thief
This is where evil had an advantage over good. I saw Nexus as a tool to be used when and how I saw fit. I remember one time when I asked for your help and you said, something like are you going to kill me after we're done. My response to you was most likely. That was my way of trying to explain our situation. To your credit you never backed out, even against your better judgement.
78541, You'll be missed...
Posted by Dolce on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked you, but never trusted you, IC. Which is exactly how I think a Shadow should be. You'd give me tidbits of info for no apparent reason. Told me things for no apparent reason. It was hard to know what was truth, what was half-truth, and what was lie. Awesome.

I was saddened when you fell off the face of Thera - well... good luck with the job and all.
78548, RE: You'll be missed...
I heard a line in a movie once that went something like this, the best lie is the one that contains truth. If I were to guess I'd say that half of what I told you was truth. A lot of times I'd put out "feelers" to see which direction I thought a situation would lean. Then I'd start lying and planting half-truths to make sure the ball rolled my way.

I really did have an admiration for Dolce, which was both a good and bad thing. I'd help you out, but I was always trying to stay a step ahead.
78557, Why don't you quote my deletion thread you whore!
Posted by Zulghinlour on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>I heard a line in a movie once that went something like this,
>the best lie is the one that contains truth.

"The best lies have a bit of truth in them..."
78562, RE: Why don't you quote my deletion thread you whore!
Which movie was that from?

Unfortunately I asked someone about the deletion before I bothered to read the thread. *sigh* Such is the downside to being out for a week. You miss all the good stuff.
78565, RE: Why don't you quote my deletion thread you whore!
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Without googling it, I'm going to say Usual Suspects.
78639, Wow. Not.
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Usual Suspects : "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"

Seinfeld: "It's not a lie if you believe it to be true".

Heh. Probably a combo of both.