Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AUTO) [None] Nererial Dan'Teth the Emperor of Imbeciles, Vocal Minority, Anathema to the Empire
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=78534
78534, (AUTO) [None] Nererial Dan'Teth the Emperor of Imbeciles, Vocal Minority, Anathema to the Empire
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Apr 4 19:53:49 2009

At 9 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 16th of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Nererial perished, never to return.
Race:dark-elf
Class:shaman
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:408
78661, RE: (AUTO) [None] Nererial Dan'Teth the Emperor of Imbe...
Posted by DuckSynoria on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Great Char =)

My favourite Imperial from Synoria's entire life. Always up
for banter and always gutsy and dang too strong by half.
Funny thing, but you were the last I expected to turn against,
Ahtielli. Synoria spent ages nudging Imperials to think about
trying for the throne, and you always had the best responses =)
Anyway, good show =)
78630, Creepy Git!
Posted by Ysaloerye on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked this rather eclectic and eccentric Healer.
Hope you enjoyed some of the early empowerment stuff through the sentinel. I was completely flying by the seat of my kilt.
78631, He was the worst healer ever. nt
Posted by Forsakenz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Shaman, dude.
78633, Some confusion, I think
Posted by Daurwyn2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was an Enlilth shaman. Heh.
78635, Who the hell am I thinking of then!?
Man you leave for two weeks, get kicked in the head a few times and see what happens!
78646, You need a pint of Irn-bru. Get your head straight!~
Posted by Abernytee on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
~
78658, Funnily enough....
I had a two hour layover in Heathrow onmy way to Thailand and I guzzled down a litre of the aforementioned nectar along with a huge bag of Minstrels.....damn I miss home sometimes. Needless to say I was a bundle of fun for the next leg of the flight. Can we say sugar high?
78618, I always laugh when people insinuate that the Brits have permas.
Posted by Abernytee on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think I have been on the opposition side with every carnation of yours and Yhorians.

Meleke V Nererial was never going to be a win for either but it was always fun to tussle. I still agonise over that idiot dire wolf who woke you up after I knocked you out with my boulderhawk. That giant shield would have been mine! :P

-----Abernyte

P.S. I know it is difficult with Graham and myself having wee babies about now but we really need another curry and a bevvy style meet up.
78634, Agreed
I keep meaning to invite you guys over, since Bristol's not too far.

After all your efforts to get the shield, I lost it to a mob's shield cleave. I even asked myself before the fight whether I should do it without a shield, and then concluded that this mob didn't use shield cleave. One round later... no shield.

So I killed the mob with the keys to the arena, thinking the shield was inside the arena. That was hard enough that I gave up on the idea. Of course, what I actually did was make the shield repop whereupon another shifter was given it (which meant I couldn't shield cleave him to get it back).

Yeah, we had some good fights too.
78610, Another char of yours
Posted by Ahtieli2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
another of the high quality. Sad we did not share more time together. Pretty much sure you know what I was thinking about your char due our rp sessions after you got anathemed.
Good luck.
78566, I really had alot of fun hanging with you.
Posted by ZeftaIegob on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was SO hoping that you'd stick it out to age/con death after you got anathemad... :( I was actually hoping that Zubi would get to interact a bit with you. To bad with the coup... :(
78600, Yeah, back at you
I liked Zefta because we won together, we died together, and we generally had an eventual time, whether it be travelling, chatting, or politicing.

What made me like you most though is that when we won, you didn't spoil the experience of our enemies (beyond just beating them). That rubbed off on many other imperials so I felt that the game became a better place for a bit.
78550, RE: (AUTO) [None] Nererial Dan'Teth the Emperor of Imbeciles, Vocal Minority, Anathema to the Empire
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I didn't like this character early on, but he really grew on me a lot.

Shame about the way your coup went. That's a terrible way to go.
78599, RE: (AUTO) [None] Nererial Dan'Teth the Emperor of Imbeciles, Vocal Minority, Anathema to the Empire
Don't blame you for feeling that way. There wasn't a great deal to the character early on. He just developed based on what happened in game. That said, he never really became what I would regard as an exceptional character. For example, Victoria was an easy character to rp, whereas I felt Nererial was a bit... staid.

I liked the way (assuming that it was you) that you played an immortal though. No hard feeling for hanging me out to dry! I did get a fair amount of ooc tells because of it though, basically implying that I was a waste of space and should delete, and even the imms obviously thought so.
78603, RE: (AUTO) [None] Nererial Dan'Teth the Emperor of Imbeciles, Vocal Minority, Anathema to the Empire
Posted by Lightmaged on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I loved this char. Best Imperial hands down. You were the only Imperial during a few of my chars times, except AHtieli, that would mix it up solo. (raiding and whatnot)

Myn (grizzly, eagle), Cielandaicyl (Hummingbird), and my last conjurer Drue had some fights with you.

Kinda useless were my acolyte interactions. Healing curse, combo with rot, maladictions was annoying. Hummingbird helped that a bit. How I wanted to be playing char with an offense form during those times....

Anyhow, you deserved better

78607, RE: (AUTO) [None] Nererial Dan'Teth the Emperor of Imbeciles, Vocal Minority, Anathema to the Empire
I'm not sure what we're talking about, but I don't think it was me.
78608, Oh yeah:
I'll also say that this character also made me add special anathema-only edges to my probably too long to-do list. If they ever see the light of day, it's Nererial's fault.
78611, I've never played a Imperial beyond bloodoath, but...
Posted by Dragomir2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That sounds kinda cool!
78613, RE: I've never played a Imperial beyond bloodoath, but...
My take, basically, is that it's more fun to be anathema and not just delete if there are some kind of perks to it, and it's more fun to play Empire when there are actually some anathema too.
78632, What got to me a little is
Posted by DAurwyn2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I always wanted to see what imperial vengeance could do against an anathema, because it's pretty decent for a shaman against normal characters.

When I fought Zerrla though, she never used it on me, so I never got to find out. Bleh.

Thx though.
78547, I guessed it was you, Daurwyn =) nt
Posted by Humbert on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
78597, RE: I guessed it was you, Daurwyn =) nt
Yeah, I figured when you said something about my speech reminding you of a famous dark knight of scion. And I know what you mean. Ahh well!

I've always liked Humbert. Even if he used maces. >:)
78545, This is a shame.
Posted by Padwei on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really liked all our interactions, talks, fights, etc., just all around one
of my favorite enemies. Good luck with whatever is next for you.
78598, RE: This is a shame.
Yeah, I liked Padwei, even if you really made it hard to kill anyone (or even hold people off for long).

You did exemplify what an acolyte should be, to me. We had some fun fights too. The fact you were willing to stand and die for your beliefs when it served a purpose made me feel ok about when I died to you doing the same.
78535, RE: (AUTO) [None] Nererial Dan'Teth the Emperor of Imbeciles, Vocal Minority, Anathema to the Empire
Posted by Borkahd on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I enjoyed our eary talks and RP. I was really looking forward to seeing what would come of Nererial if played out to con loss/age.

Good luck with the next!
78542, God dammit Daurwyn!
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'll leave it up to Ahtieli to show you where you screwed up.

Re: Be careful how you send your note, LOL.
78596, RE: God dammit Daurwyn!
Apparently Ikbe shopped me to Ahtieli, so the note issue was kind of irrelevant (but none the less, very annoying, since I thought about the possibility and considered deleting it and writing a new one).

Basically I lost interest in Nererial because my objective after the failed coup was to kill the entire council (figured Ahtieli was beyond my capabilities since I'd attempted to kill Satebos solo, and it was an exercise in futility). Unfortunately, some (one in particular) of the council seemed to be very selective about their logging on. They'd log on alone, but quit if I hit the palace to draw them out, and basically just avoid me. As it was I even went to the palace and took on Dread Lady + High Priestess + elite blade (might even have been the War Master) on my own, because only Ikbe seemed to have any interest in a fight otherwise.

It worked with the element of surprise, but I figured they couldn't be foolish enough not to do the "dispel/bash" combo on me next time. Since I couldn't get fights on any terms less disadvantageous than that, and I didn't particularly want to pad my pk count with ragers, I stopped playing him.

Rolled another char who Khratetch agreed to speak to re induction after I'd waited a month to see him since hte previous occasion. He said he'd do this before leaving. Then he left without doing it, I died like a chump when scion powers would have kept me alive, got looted by lowbies and life made taking a break from cf the sensible thing to do. Last time I played was in in Feb I think (since I think it was before I left for Switzerland at end of feb).

I have to say that Nererial was never the best rp'd character, but I hope he still added some amusement to some. Really I just wanted to try out the spider's grace edge, which was very nice, but meeting the requirements for it got me killed more than once.

One thing that was interesting was playing such a long lived character. I went from seeing fortress being full of ganky chumps to having some really decent characters who either pk'd well or pk'd with guts. I went from thinking faith virtue trumped shamen to figuring out how to handle paladins that had it. Learnt a few new nifty tricks.

I don't anticipate ever playing a significant cf character again though. Probably just the odd casual one from time to time. This isn't really due to changes in the game. I'm just not sure that I like some of the behaviour that cf makes me exhibit. e.g. Feeling pissed off at the lowbie looters for looting an item that I obtained by being a lowbie looter myself. So I'll probably stick to orcs etc. where I expect to die lots by rolling the dice and don't really care.
78602, Borkahd was great too
I really admire what you did with the village.

I would have stuck around longer if certain imperials were willing to fight. But I didn't particularly have the urge to kill the likes of Gollywyn who I think were great characters, and those that I did want to kill basically made it impossible by avoiding me by all means.