Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Varissa the Evil Queen, Magistrate of Galadon
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=78063
78063, (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Varissa the Evil Queen, Magistrate of Galadon
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Mar 22 09:42:11 2009

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 27th of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Varissa perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:anti-paladin
Level:42
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:236
78064, Not much to say
Posted by Varissa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't want to complain, but might anyway.

My thoughts...

Spine of the Akragaka, vault, and titanium spears... marvelous fun for an AP. I would have used that spear exclusively if people didn't keep taking it away from me. I probably got 17 or so of my charges just using that combo, even without wands.

New wand system... sucks. An AP with heros in PK range cannot compete with just limited aura and a barrier that is so hard to get I have to use barrier and a ton of gold for. I shouldn't have to spend 100+ hours of my life after 35th level hunting for wands, and I think my explore/observation experience in my PBF will prove how hard I looked. I really did not want to have to hero and do it all over again once I got detect artifact, that would have been tedium beyond reckoning.

Tribunal... thought I could help out here, but I wasn't getting anywhere in the leadership chain and didn't think I ever would. I'm not saying I deserved it, but I certainly put in the time and effort anyway. Good luck with whoever manages to turn the current mess around.

I started rolling with a nice unholy early on thanks to the double xp weekend. Having a bunch of ungeared, unpracticed prey 9 levels below me was great to build charges on, but once that vanished and I was left with hardcore players I got whipped up on pretty good by gangs of battleragers and forties with pocket healers. The honorbound edges do not really seem to do anything noticeable to mitigate that.

Anyway, I'm out.
78065, Sorry to see you go,
Posted by Adeglicfh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hoped to work more with you then we did, Most of our interactions was information on peoples locations, then a race to see who got the pk first, Think most times you got it first.
78066, RE: Not much to say
Posted by Dervish on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
After my own fail with Francek I tried to help you as much as I could with all my chars but you repeteadly ignored my offers or declined them. Thats fine, but its just strange to see now your thoughts about being ganked and so on.

Anyway, good char and I had fun while interacting/travelling with you. Pity you failed as well :(
78069, This makes me a sad panda.
Posted by Nanthka on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really liked rolling with you but sadly, my times were just so weird these past few weeks that I rarely saw you.

I feel your pain with the new wand system and the pocket healer deal, makes it a bit of a bitch to go head to head and come out on top.

GLWYN
78070, wands
Posted by Elhe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I've played succesfull ap without single sleek wand.
78071, RE: wands
Posted by Varissa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Me too, and that works fine if you camp between 36-40 with a low-exp race.

Try doing that in the hero ranks though, it's a different ballgame.
78073, I had hero ap, Greddarh n/t
n/t
78091, Then why were you slaying those mobs over and over.
Posted by Krilcov K on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Cant say which, but thanks for helping me get gear in a nearby area.
78093, I was trying to figure out something n/t
n/t
78074, I mean I only used non-sleek wands
and it worked well, except you have to spend more time on wands gathering than with sleesks and you nearly always have to regain them before the quit.
78079, It should be noted
Posted by Anonm on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That while he didn't use sleek wands.

He did use a pocket bard. =D

Yes not everyone forgets things like that Elhe.
78085, Elhe Always has someone behind him
Posted by Noone on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We all know that.
78089, Nice conviction in your statement...oh wait.
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So much easier to cast stones anonymously. BTW, you're a fagtron.
78087, RE: It should be noted
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Without arguing the truth of this... because I don't even know who this character would be:

This right here is why I wouldn't try to play a "no wands" mage (or any "challenge" character) to prove anything to anyone but myself. The people that want to disagree will always find some reason why they think it doesn't really count.
78095, I had a felar ap that was no wands that was two charges from fire control nt
Posted by KrilcovK on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
78088, You know, if you're going to throw stones, at least have a clue?
Far as I know, wasn't a single bard in the Chasm at the time.
78098, RE: You know, if you're going to throw stones, at least have a clue?
Posted by Alex on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, playing Ikbe I looked at Greddarh logs on Dio. There was bard in the chasm. And there are tons of logs of Greddarh and that bard killing together. Though I don't remember his name now despite the fact it's just one month from the time I've read logs:)
78099, There is logs of me and Elhe killing people in the Chasm and Balator too.
Does that make us a perma?

I wish :)

I see what you're saying, and I know Elhe and I'm pretty sure I know the player of the bard and I can say with confidence they don't know each other at all.

We all know who Elhe perma'd with. Nepenthe. And Valg. And maybe Cyradia too.
78103, RE: There is logs of me and Elhe killing people in the Chasm and Balator too.
Posted by Alex on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I haven't said Elhe permad with bard. I've just said there was a bard in the Chasm:)
78101, There are just 3 logs of Greddarh and bard n/t
n/t
78090, You PWNed me. Good job. Was rooting for you. NT
Posted by Gurluxks on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
NT