Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Armallyn the Elemental Lady
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=77931
77931, (DELETED) [None] Armallyn the Elemental Lady
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Mar 17 11:11:33 2009

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 24th of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Armallyn perished, never to return.
Race:arial
Class:invoker
Level:48
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:151
77948, Thanks for the shout out. nt
Posted by Ghriz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
77979, I got to see both sides. You ooze orc. Great job man.
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I can't believe you ganged me twice after I one-rounded you though :) I mean, that's perfect orc roleplay! Damn you for being a good roleplayer!
78002, That was you too?
Posted by Ghriz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The first time you steamrolled me so bad. The second fight, you came at my group so we went to town. In part tres, I think I was grouped with Igleshta or we were about to, or something. We were buddies, though, so I had to help him out because I knew how much of a nightmare you were. Awesome job on making that character tough as hell, btw.
78024, If there's one thing I know, it's lowbie fire sword specs.
I'll be rooting for you.

PS That first gang death I was just ####ing pissed because I died to some crappy AP and lost most of my set (PS Pay attention when you quaff a diminution, because wielding a two-handed sword in your main will #### you; christ I need highlights if I play again), then Varissa slept and killed me. No hard feelings, whatsoever (though it was odd I didn't hit the thief once in melee).
77947, I liked you
Posted by Nian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And I'm sure I would have enjoyed having you around for a longer period than we traveled now.

Take care.
77932, Delete my account please? I can't play CF anymore.
Posted by The Real Sam on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sick of getting pissed over an online game that I don't need to waste my time with.

IMMs, you guys are amazing. I hope you don't get burned out.
77933, Last thing. Zulg, you rule. Flaire, don't become like me. That's it!
Posted by TheLastMohican on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Good luck with life everyone.
77972, RE: Last thing. Zulg, you rule. Flaire, don't become like me. That's it!
Posted by Flaire on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't follow. like what?
77978, Burnt out and angry. You ####ing rock man. Keep it up. NT
NT
77949, You're an odd duck
Posted by Baerinika on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I wouldn't have guessed this was you. This character was always really strange for me. You seemed like you wanted to join Fort but you didn't really seem to put that much effort into it and when it seemed "hard" you gave up right away. I do imm inductions when there are no leaders or a lack of leader played time, but there were a few times I was vis and you didn't approach me to ask about joining. On the flip side, you prayed for Rayihn a couple times but also seemed to give up after a few attempts (back in December). I know you have the RP in you, but you gotta be willing to follow through on stuff.

Hope you come back.
77977, Some things...(now that I may actually work again soon).
I wanted to join Fort since I had never played a goodie on CF before, and obviously had never played fort. I couldn't have picked a worse time, since Fort was huge.

I wanted to try a character that had a role that was based on everyday events that would shape the character. I had no pre-ordained ideas about the character other than that she was nobility from Arial City and was a "good person".

I couldn't get a single Fortress character to talk to me for about a week other than Padwei. I would send tells asking if they needed help or if they got my note and would be met with stone silence. Eventually it got to become disheartening, especially when Java's Captain basically told me he wouldn't induct me because I was in hero range and I spent a lot of time in my guild. Eventually, I realized I didn't want to be in a cabal that treated me that way. The last two weeks were a lot better on that front though.

I wanted to follow you since I wanted to follow you, unfortunately I never knew HOW. I tried to live like a follower of yours should, but when I don't play empowerment classes I always struggle with how to approach an immortal.

Once I start working again maybe I'll be back.
77982, RE: Some things...(now that I may actually work again soon).
Posted by Rayihn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
When I worship an imm as a mort I just pretend that I'm a priest of that god. It shouldn't be that hard, they're someone you worship. Treat them that way. Go to them and ask to learn more of their religion. Tell them you want to follow them. Earlier the better.
78001, But that's the thing. I had no reason TO worship you at the time...
...other than player desire. I kept waiting for a Rayihn follower to convert me or something, so I could follow you.
78003, That's kind of interesting
I wouldn't expect any better reason than "As I began my adventuring career I heard of the gods, since they are pretty commonly known of, and I decided Rayihn sounded cool and I wanted to go learn more about her and so I did." If you wait for someone to bring the rainbow to you, you're gonna be left in the dark a lot. :)
78007, It's similar for me
Posted by Daurwyn2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
He hit the nail on the head as to why I find it hard to rp with imms, and my rp with players tends to be vastly superior.

With players, I am interacting based on my experiences. With an imm, I don't really have experiences to drive me to wanting to interact. To me, faith is something that you find, not something that you actively go out to try to learn.

I accept that in Thera it might make more sense, since the gods are -known- to exist, but it's still why I find it hard to rp a religious guy.
78023, What's funny is that is KINDA what I did.
But it felt too forced from my part, which is why I never came back to the shrine/prayed.
78025, RE: What's funny is that is KINDA what I did.
Oh well...maybe next time. :) I need more Rayihn followers! She's far more fun to play than stuffy old elf chick.
78026, Well, expect a follower in about a month.
Start working again Tuesday and my finacials should be good in about a month.
78027, Good luck with the new? job. (n/t)
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
78028, Luck? I don't need no stinking luck.
Thanks man.
78005, Me too
Posted by Fjarn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>...other than player desire. I kept waiting for a Rayihn
>follower to convert me or something, so I could follow you.

I fall into this trap a lot; I don't really know why. Maybe it's just the curse of playing a more flexible character. You get hooked on one of the cool optional paths you might take and it never pans out.