Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Thomayen the Splendid Vision of Grandeur
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=77841
77841, (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Thomayen the Splendid Vision of Grandeur
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Mar 15 11:56:56 2009

At 2 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 1st of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Thomayen perished, never to return.
Race:dark-elf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:308
77859, Sorry to see you're gone
Posted by Thendrell on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I thought your request for me to immortalize you in stone just so all future generations would know how great you were was one of the most entertaining little bits of interaction I have had. When you decided to approach me with that request instead of just beating on me, I figured I had to see how it would play itself out. Turned out being a rather humorous discussion, listening to you tell me how great you were. Though was always wondering whether if I left the Inn you would have just followed me out and beaten me down for not accepting your proclaimed greatness.
Shame I didn't forge any sword for you. I figured not attacking you on sight I could justify because you served my Imm's ideals, but forging a sword for you would probably have crossed the line in terms of aiding evil, even if you did fulfill your end of the offer for it.
But from what little I saw, you seemed a good player and fun to interact with, sorry we didn't get a chance to do it more before you died. Always fun to meet someone playing an evil who doesn't kill me just because I'm a paladin.
77862, RE: Sorry to see you're gone
Posted by Thomayen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Naw, I wouldn't have attacked you. I didn't try to be too agreesive to too many goods unless they were first (mages excluded). I was always looking for different ways to interact with characters and I thought that trying to convince you to make a statue of me would be quite fun, and it was! I really didn't expect you to forge a sword for me, but, I also thought it would be fun to try. Your char was always awesome to speak with and I was glad just like you were that a paladin wasn't trying to wrath me to death on sight!
77842, Some final thoughts and a few shoutouts
Posted by TJHuron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This was a fun character. The build could be quite challenging at times. Swords are a fun spec, but, they really lack that killing blow capability. I also ended up running around quite often with crappy swords because I would keep losing them. Alot of the decent light swords were tough to find in.

As far as the whole "greatness" deal. It was the role of a drow with delusions of granduer. The character was intended to be nearly insane with his opinions of himself. It was really lots of fun running around telling people how great he was, and making up excuses when things didn't go his way. Such as saying how much Baerinika must hate greatness when Sarien kicked my ass and so on... And, I know that there are some people who are probably looking at this character in an elitist sort of way saying "How dare he presume to think he's so great". Well, I know Thomayen wasn't always extremely deathful, and I did make my fair share of mistakes, but, I had a hell of a great time roleplaying him anyways. I tried to interact with lots of characters and give a little back to others by making them have a good time. If I ignored you or anything, it wasn't intentional, as I got pretty busy sometimes.

Some deserves shout-outs:

Imm's-

Enlilth: You seem like a pretty kick-ass imm. I had suspected as much which was why I decided to make him an Enlilth follower and for the most part it seems that my suspicions are correct. It seemed that you were away from the game for the majority of the char's life which was a real shame. I'm sorry that things worked out the way they did. I'll definately have to give your religion another crack down the road! Thanks for the edges too! The macho one really fit the character, and the helpfile of the edge was almost like it could have been his role!

Yean: I truly appreciate everything you did for Thomayen. The title rocked, and all the interaction was just excellent. As with Enlilth, I'm definately going to give the religion a true shot with a char down the road! I just wasn't sure what to do with Thomayen and having a foot in two religions at the same time, but, it was a great time nonetheless! Oh, and thanks for the con quest too!

Iunna: Hey, thanks for that nice pamphlet! It was really cool, because that was a bitter death to take! We did interact here and there throughout the life of Thomayen, which is always something I give mad respect for.

Fjarn: I always wondered what you thought of Thomayen constantly telling you how awesome he was. Heh, I was pretty certain you knew it was just RP, but, sometimes I got the feeling you didn't like it.

Battle:

Woldrun: Man, I always felt like such an ass for hitting you instead of the wolverine! Or, the wolverbat as you'd call it! You'd have thought I'd have learned the first time! You're an excellent Drillmaster and you're pretty much a badass. Very well done and keep up the good work.

Borkahd: Great Commander. I had fun with you, and hope you continue to do what you're doing. You seem to be quite deadly and make a fiercesome combo with the Drillmaster. I love your elf in the hut stuff! It always makes me chuckle.

Grawshen: Damn you were fun to be around. Good luck with that con quest! I really was happy to see you stop being silent. You're much more entertaining when you're talking! But, great way to roleplay it. A great villager.

Goroel: Good luck with your quest to greatness! I had always been meaning to throw a role chapter in about you, how, Thomayen is so great he's inspiring others in the village to be great! Keep it up and it seems to me from your logs that you're kicking alot of ass, great stuff!

Malthalia: I wish our times meshed more. I had tons of fun causing trouble with you. It made me chuckle too that a drow and an elf could put their differences aside and be a pretty dominating force. Good luck!

Enemies:

Sarien: You really had my number a lot. I tried all sorts of different tactics with you to try to pull out a W. But, usually that wrath was too much for the feeble body of a drow! I thought I had found something with the bash, but, you started improving with that shield defense skill and that kind of went out the window. Well done!

Flimbert: Your lion is a tough SOB. I always wanted to get you, but, never managed to. I was going to start making it a point to make sure we help the stick constantly to give me a better shot at killing you, but, that was too close to con dying. It was enjoyable RP'ing with you. Good luck with the Zurcon angle.

Delagny: A respectable enemy. I enjoyed our fights and talks. You were usually willing to banter, which I always like.

Jnoxri: Same as Delagny. You're wolvering was tough! I hated the fact that my boneshatters would bounce off your skin! As with the lion, shifters that rake and do massive damage really required things to go well for me and precise timing on executing skills for me to get the win. Good job.

Kassibaz: You've got lots of respect coming from me. You were a tough fight always, and always willing to fight. Good job with the char and making Nexuns a force.

Ahtieli: We had good talks, and I always appreciated it when you'd order the imperials to leave my things. I always wanted to fight you, but, I had to try and pick and choose my battles. Great job with what you're doing.

If I didn't mention you, post something! I am forgetting lots of people I know, and mean no disrespect.
77843, The duo of greatness!
Posted by Goroel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Man, this sucks!

I was really looking forward to dogging you about becoming great, maybe even greater then you! You were definatly a fun character to be around and it's nice when you can just have some fun banter going in the down times.

Good luck with whatever you make next!
77845, You were a tough fight... and you were relentless.
Posted by Dolce on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think our chars had a grudging respect for one another... GGWYN.
77846, RE: You were a tough fight... and you were relentless.
I agree 100%, you were also a tough battle. I did want one more go at you as I would have tried a few different things ;> Great work and keep kickin!
77847, You will be missed.
Posted by Jnoxri on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really enjoyed our fights. I'm glad you were able to get me a few times. That whole WOLdrun/WOLverine thing always makes me laugh. I still remember scratching my head looking at the screen the first time Cyrn raked me instead of Woldrun.

I thought that you were a good villager, and I always tried to give you a fight when I saw you. Thank you for making it fun, and good luck with your next.

Jnoxri

77848, A great enemy
Posted by Kassibaz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I remember thinking dark elf sword/mace should be an easy kill for me. Then we actually fought and you beat me pretty bad several times. I was in disbelief at how hard you hit with such bad swords.

My fav fight sadly was the one where you bashed me to death I just sat staring at my screen for a while wondering what happened.

Needless to say enjoyed the fights you were always a challenge. See ya in the fields.
77849, Weldone
Posted by Edika on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It was fun interacting with you. Your RP was good. I had a great time trying to guide you toward Neltouda. I thought to challenge you day, but decided against it cause it seemed like you were the only villager around and bunch of Nexans.

See you in the fields. GLWYN
77854, RE: Weldone
Edika! Yes, your RP was awesome too. I enjoyed all of our talks and hope that Neltouda recognizes all your efforts. You deserve some rewards! Thomayen definately thought of you as a friend, as much as a drow can.
77851, Hey you were tough
Posted by Flimbert on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were always a great fight that came down to the wire, if it makes you feel better everytime I killed you I had less then 140 hp left. Going up against zerkers is a little tricky for me sometimes because I never have full abs, and once you guys beat me up I take forever to heal haha. Also you don't need to worry too much about holding the scepter, I think I am up to four or maybe five times that I have logged in without having to retrieve (usually against terrible odds by myself but at least its exciting). I would say make a scion since you obviously knew your #### but it would be pointless as there is nobody to induct and likely won't be until whoever they have getting ready in immland takes over.
77852, RE: Hey you were tough
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Maybe they'll make you leader and YOU can induct his character. Go get it! :)
77855, Well played.
Posted by Firhindil on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked your character and agree with your entire goodbye thread. There's a ton of quality character in hero range and that is what makes CF fun.

I thought you did well on going out and making your own mischief. I had a hard time not liking you from Fir's perspective because your style and ideology seemed pretty similar to mine. Way to add to the game, good sir!
77858, RE: Well played.
Thanks Fir! The last two log ins that you were around were very enjoyable! I got to know your character quite a bit more than I had and really liked what I saw. I agree that I had a hard time not liking you. Wish we could have spent a bit more time together. I'm curious to see how your build works out too! I always wondered who could pick up that claw.
77856, You were awesome enemy
Posted by Ahtieli2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
that's why I always tried to leave you as much thing as possible. I had hard times trying to kill you solo, it was nearly impossible. And I got a feeling that imperials afraid of raiding you, since you always were a problem to deal with :P

p.s. You came so close to killing me that time in cursed area when I messed up with phylacteries.
77860, RE: You were awesome enemy
I remember that! That really got my blood pumping. I knew that it's one of those areas you can't recall out of, so I thought I had a shot. I had just moments ago unlocked the door and tried to run through to get the jump on you but they were locked again! Then I messed up my commands and by the time I got in you were already on your way out! Those are what make the game fun. Anyways, I'll reiterate, awesome job with the Lich Empress.
77864, RE: Some final thoughts and a few shoutouts
Posted by Borkahd on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks for the comments. You are one of the older ones that always stuck out to me and while we never got 'close' I really enjoyed our talks and RP sessions.

I wish you the best with your next!
77869, Cool char!
Posted by Iegob on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Iegob always liked Thomayenen. :D Even when he aimed to kill you during the rite. (and did.) And so did I. Kickass char! Hope you come back with something cool soon again.

Good luck!
77878, RE: Cool char!
Thanks! I was just glad I was thirsting so I didn't get to see how nasty that drum was! I thought the same about Iegob, and it was a shame he wasn't around longer.
77872, We had a heck of a fight in/out of Voralian.
Posted by Armallyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry I disappeared and we couldn't mix it up more.

GLWYN.
77873, Too bad...
Posted by Sarien on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeah,

I enjoyed our fights...and maybe you don't remember but you did kill me once. Anyways, I always feel somewhat badly when I kill a rager having played over 12 of them myself. Although, it seems you guys are much more willing to fight me than the other "evils" of the world :(.

good luck with the next.

Sarien
77879, RE: Too bad...
Oh, I remember. It was a highlight of Thomayen's life cuz you normally beat my ass so bad! ;>
77880, RE: Some final thoughts and a few shoutouts
Posted by Fjarn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fjarn: I always wondered what you thought of Thomayen constantly telling you how awesome he was. Heh, I was pretty certain you knew it was just RP, but, sometimes I got the feeling you didn't like it.

Yep, it was all roleplay, including Fjarn's calculated non-responses. I rather enjoyed our talks, but you're right that the character Fjarn wouldn't fully appreciate the greatness that was Thomayen. Fjarn saw Thomayen as a deluded dark-elf who was all talk. As a mortal, Fjarn was a humbly-take-one-for-the-team kind of guy, so you can see where our characters' personalities might clash.

But, just from those conversations, it was real easy for me to picture a drow with delusions of grandeur, and to that end I must say that you played that role to 'great' effect.
77881, Good times
Posted by Woldrun on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>> Woldrun: Man, I always felt like such an ass for hitting you instead of the wolverine! Or, the wolverbat as you'd call it! You'd have thought I'd have learned the first time! You're an excellent Drillmaster and you're pretty much a badass. Very well done and keep up the good work.

Thanks for the compliments. It was great running with you. I loved the stuff like "It has occured to me that I might require assistance with such a foe." when you're off to fight some hugeass mob, rather than just "Hey can you help me kill this hugeass mob?" Totally oozed self-importance.

I'm not sure how much of the stuff I "taught" you was really you just letting me lead to somewhere you've been 100 times before, but hey, that's part of my role, so thanks for letting me play it out if you were bored or whatever. :)
77891, RE: Good times
I definately think I learned some stuff from you, regardless if I've been somewhere 100 times. For example, the Quaggoth. I knew about it, but, I never really considered how helpful it could be in so many situations. So you definately taught me a few new tricks. Even if I had been somewhere and it was repetitive, I can still have lots of fun doing it again when you're RPing with someone. It's much better than going through an area alone!
77907, RE: Some final thoughts and a few shoutouts
Posted by Yean on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Yean: I truly appreciate everything you did for Thomayen. The
>title rocked, and all the interaction was just excellent. As
>with Enlilth, I'm definately going to give the religion a true
>shot with a char down the road! I just wasn't sure what to do
>with Thomayen and having a foot in two religions at the same
>time, but, it was a great time nonetheless! Oh, and thanks for
>the con quest too!

You're most welcome! It was all well deserved on your part, and I'm glad you had a fun ride with this char. I enjoyed both my mort and immort interactions with him..he was well-played and that whole 'I am the greatest ever' rp actually cracked me up..I could tell you were enjoying it too.

Anytime you up to it, the religion's here for trying. Glwyn!
77971, RE: Some final thoughts and a few shoutouts
Posted by Enlilth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked this char a lot. I was really spotty for most of thomayen's life cuz my real life stuff got hectic. Sorry about that. I thought the role and the rp needed the macho flaw. I thought man, this guy will get a hell of a kick out of seeing some of the macho echoes and it'll enhance his experience with the char. It's probably not how you started out thinking about the char, but that's how it ended up. Great char glwyn