Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectCorticas is dead.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=76733
76733, Corticas is dead.
Posted by Corticas on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Was fun. My time to play has become less and less lately, which makes it hard to play a patience character like a poisoner thief.

I found that as I neared hero, I was having less and less time to actually use my poisons on people. I would usually keep two or three vials of knock-out juice for enemies, but if those failed, I was S.O.L.. When I did knock them out, by the time I was done stealing stuff, I didn't have time to concoct other poisons. So, in that sense, never had a use for mind-control.

I did a #### move and opted to leave the Galadon guild after donating about 250 gold or so. Still, having to go all the way to Hillcrest or Evermoon for basic poisons was a pain in the ass. The move to the Voralian City guild should have been done in the first place, but Iktul made a tempting offer.

The thief revamp happened just after I hit my 12th rank, so I got to avoid envenom, but got stuck with scrolls. I was eventually going to hero with full poison and half pickpocket skills, which I felt would complement each other (fear poison + deft touch). Never got around to fully utilizing that. All in all, very happy with new thieves.

If you feel like posting a goodbye, I'll respond. Time to play a more self-sufficient entertaining class.
76735, How poisoners in solo PK?
Posted by Dervish on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If to compare with 'simple' thieves (using blackjack). How reliable is your KO poison? How long time it gets to be decently prepped and such?
76736, RE: How poisoners in solo PK?
Posted by Corticas on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Eh.. four or five hours when I really used it last while letting someone wake up?

Grenades did decent damage, but not really anything to be scared of. Neuro takes too long to work, fear is fine but doesn't last as long as a good weapon-nick or inhaled. Battles wouldn't last long enough to take full advantage of emetic poisoning. Against a binder or thug, I'd be toast.

The one major shining light of poisons is that there's no k-o timer on knock-out poisons if they fail, and apply knock-out inhaled is only one round of lag. The % of knock-out attempts versus successes seemed to vary from time to time. Sometimes, I'd get 5 or 6 in a row, no problem. Other times, I'd fail 5 or 6 times and have to flee. Just RNG. I'd still recommend it for anyone with the patience. The midranks were a lot of fun. Had I not been a Fortress member, I would have been rocking the knock-out and steal everything category.