Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Jern the Grand Master of Artistry, Elite Imperial Blade
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=76607
76607, (RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Jern the Grand Master of Artistry, Elite Imperial Blade
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Feb 5 02:43:48 2009

At 10 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 21st of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Jern perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:bard
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:329
76635, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Jern the Grand Master of Artistry, Elite Imperial Blade
Posted by Jern on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ok - Im here finally...anyways my goodbyes...

I've been away from CF for quite a long time. My last char was Moligant Gapverdi (I was even a heroimm for awhile - WAY TO MUCH WORK MAN!! Kudos to you Imms for doin all that for free!) and I think that was like three-four years ago. This was my first bard but I had thought up the concept way back then and had been thinking about it ever since but life was too busy to try it out.

Im not a TOTAL newbie but I forgot ALOT...and Jern was my way of getting back into CF...so my thanks to the folks in empire who put up with me and especially those who took alot of time out of their characters schedule to help me out like Zerrla.

Anyways...Jern didnt believe in using an instrument at first (to the horror of Zhurn lol) because his main focus was on being an evil POLITICIAN. My main two char influences in terms of what I was shooting for was #### Cheney and Obadiah Stane (Iron Monger from Iron Man - the movie not the comic. Just some ordinary person who happened to be good with words and was completely corrupted by his own power but thought he was doing GOOD.

He wasnt some ENTERTAINER - but due to certain realities about playing a bard - even with those edges that help you sing a capella -I eventually gave in and started using an instrument.

Anyways -

COMMENTS:

Im American. Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Cali, living in CT. WTF is up wit all this 'russian' nonsense? Ganging? I've been playing CF (back before I quit) since 92. Empire from what I saw doesn't gang anymore than anyone else and ALOT less than ANY cabal you wanna name four years ago. If your char has a reason to hate a cabal - fine. But seriously...hating a cabal as a PLAYER?!? Frankly CF is from what I saw as Jern...a WHOLE lot NICER than it used to be. WAY more newbie friendly on many levels...especially when it comes to the whole 'looting' thing. I actually managed to make it to hero only being full looted ONCE. If you was around a few years ago - and was just a mediocre player like me - you know how rare that is....so I say that to say that CF has come a long way and I appreciate the direction it has gone in.

Now the actual goodbyes!

EMPIRE:

Zerrla - as mentioned you were great. You really should play a goodie considering how helpful you were. I really appreciated it. Maybe you will be empress someday.

Nererial - Technically you arent 'Empire' right now but RP wise you served as the reason Jern joined Empire and if Enlilth had not have sent that note (and im GLAD he sent it) I was going to risk being Anathema to join with you. It was nothing personal against the Lich as Jern was quite loyal to the Empire and liked the lich well enough but from his POV the entire war with the Village was because of having a lich at the head and the BEST usage of Imperial resources would be to focus on our main enemies - Scions, Fort, and Outlanders instead of waging a needless war with folks who could otherwise be helping young Imperials rank up QUICK.

Plus you were very helpful while in Empire and I appreciated it.

Zhurn - Jern HATED you. As a CHARACTER. Ever since you called him useless. He didnt let it on cause that wasn't his way. But if he had ever made it to War Master - he would have demoted you. LMAO! As a PLAYER - I have NO IDEA why you said on Dio's that you arent a very good roleplayer. Truth is - I personally thought you RPed beter than 90% of the Empire. Imperials arent suppossed to be friendly! (sorry Zerrla) More than half the ish you said was RIGHT. Im a BLADE. Im not supposed to be putting a priestess above a BLADE. You being a total complete jerk, selfish, anti-social, etc. was EXACTLY the way an evil power-hungry corrupt Imperial Blade SHOULD be played. Kudos mayne. Jern didnt like you but he RESPECTED you. The fact is though - its hard to be Unfriendly and operate in an army. Thats jus the way it is and I noticed that you were getting ALOT friendler during hero ranks - ya could still pull out a temper but thats all part and parcel of being evil right!

Graelok - You were a GREAT war master...at least I think so...seeing as you were my first war master and all...hope whatever char you playing now crosses my path on friendly terms.

Ahthieli - I thought you were cool. Aint nothing like having a lich around when it comes to raids. Plus you helped those under you and THAT is what counts. Eff whoever else in enemy cabals thinks. I think the best time we had was that trip to that place with the nightwalkers. You really showed me ya know how to RP there and thats what I as a player really respect more than killing ability - though you had that in spades as well.

Rikkiri - We didnt interact much and the few times we did wasn't on great terms. But like with zhurn....I dont expect Imperials to be friendly. So as a char - Hated you too! As a player - You was cool with me!

Gollwyn - We didnt travel alot but you was one scary bird with them daggers. Seriously - make a name sound more FEMALE sounding huh...I kept thinking you was a dude. Hope you are War Master seeing as Zhurn deleted same time I did almost (i almost undeleted over that lol)

If I didnt mention anyone - my bad - but its gonna be a long post - just say hi and ill respond!

FORT -

You guys are cool. Seriously. From a player perspective I never met one of you I didnt like...except maybe that elf who kept calling me a coward...cant remeber his name right now. Anyways...as often as I fell to you - to never get looted even ONCE by any of you. I appreciated it. It made it ALOT easier to be willing to fight you all even when it meant certain death. Hayim knows!

Wellinmar - My first real repeat foe! We had some good times. Thought you played it to safe but who am I to talk!

Hayim - Scared of YOU. Playa! Damn whatever you picked as legacies and what not didnt let me land hardly a song on you. Unless thats just the elf in you...you was elf right? Fun battles except for that last one with all the outside interference.

Scions:

Yashemaru - We had our talk. See you in the fields! Jern liked ya even as an enemy.

Battle:

Didnt really interact with any of you....but I just gotta say as a returning player...man...ALOT has changed. I might have to roll up a rager soon. Can eat seaweed now...lemme tell ya how SUPRISED I was the first time I thought I was all nice and safe underwater from a pesky rager and next thing I know im being attacked UNDERWATER by a RAGER. Seriously ya'll need to post bulletins or something when you unmagic what used to be magic!

Outlanders -

Didnt really do much but battle you...no names sticking out. My bad. If I misssed ya. Just holla.

Others -

Iktul - you are a GREAT thief RPer imho. And this is coming from the self-professed King of Thieves (lol) I was a Galadon Kingpin TWICE...in fact I think I was the first one ever.....and thats BEFORE you could become one just by being voted in.
Thieves have a special place in my heart so keep doing whatcha doing.

Zizzle - You are one of the best RPers I have ever seen. You STAY in char. You are what I strive to be RP wise and have yet to reach. I've seen some comment about your RP doesnt 'fit' Cf but eff em. My last char was a riff off the Sopranos. so what? This is a game. As long as you find a way to make it fit in the game - run with it. Have fun. I know you are.

That gnome healer with the long ass name!

Thanks for all the help and im sorry i never got a chance to repay the favor!

If I missed anyone - dag - my bad!

76637, Ikbe - My BAD!
My Bad Ikbe!

Didnt mean to leave you out Dread Lady.

You were invisible al the time and I was always running out of detect invis items! LMAO

Anyways - We didnt really do alot of RPish stuff together but you was a solid companion and as a player thanks for helpinhg me out all the time after my many many deaths.
76638, RE: Ikbe - My BAD!
Posted by Ikbe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Heh, I liked Jern though you seemed VERY new at least to the class. I'd try to help you out more but right before you there was Vicktor whome I think I helped alot and I was kind of tired of it:) Anyway you could ask more and get more. GLWYN.
76639, RE: Ikbe - My BAD!
Well see...when I used to play I almost always played thieves and Ragers..never really bothered EXPLORING....just tried to remeber where things were....but this time around I decided I was going to be BAD ASS with a WALLET with BAD ASS MOTHER you know what on it Bad ASS.

So I spent as you know alot of time trying to get ya'll to show me where thigns where...and ima use all that knowledge on my next hopefully bad ass character!

76651, I liked Jern.
Posted by Gryssil on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You definitely seemed very new to bards, and seemed to sometimes have a bad connection or something. I liked the fact that as Gryssil I could usually get you to go do something with me like raid or whatever. I like folks who are up for a fight. I'm not sure I agree with your comments about how a Blade "should" be played. Evil does not have to mean you are a jerk to everyone else. Honestly, why would it. You say you like Zizzles RP but he really isn't a jerk to people at all, yet his RP is excellent. I do agree that Blades come before some Priestess. This is part of why I lipped off to Ikbe as a Blade and to Zhurn as a blade of equal stature. Neither of them were above me in the sect and Ikbe isn't even in the sect. The Imperial laws and sect laws say nothing about respecting or obeying other sect leaders. I obeyed Ahtieli and Graelok and that was about it. Anyway, tangent. Again, liked Jern, hope you make something else fun.
76670, RE: I liked Jern.
Hey thanks Gryssil...thought you were cool as well. I didnt have a bad connection...I was just HALF ASLEEP sometimes. Half the time you folks came on I'd have already been on for hours trying to explore or something.

76656, Did you understand what I was trying to say to you after that fight with you and Cyrn in Balator?
Posted by Armallyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I thought you had heart and were someone that potentially could turn towards the light.

GLWYN.
76671, RE: Did you understand what I was trying to say to you after that fight with you and Cyrn in Balator?
I understood...a whole lot of lightwalkers actuslly tried to 'turn' me. But it was never going to happen :) I was shooting for Emporer. Maybe someday I'll try again. I really want to bring a few ideas I have to the Emporer role.

76677, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Jern the Grand Master of Artistry, Elite Imperial Blade
Posted by zhurn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
in char i actually liked you alot, and ooc i felt bad because you felt so noob:-)

but i apreciate your words on my char, and perhaps one day i might return to cf and try another characther, but for not there are to many jackasses that ruin the game

and im not part of RUSSIAN CHEAT group.
76691, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Jern the Grand Master of Artistry, Elite Imperial Blade
Posted by Egrelam on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Jern was cool :)
Good luck with the next one.
76608, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Jern the Grand Master of Artistry, Elite Imperial Blade
Posted by Zerrla on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It was your the first Bard? I think so.
Its good that you were ready to learn something new..And actually did it. I like you. Good luck with next!