Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Gryssil the Legend of the Battlefield, Elite Imperial Blade
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=76044
76044, (RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Gryssil the Legend of the Battlefield, Elite Imperial Blade
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Jan 18 16:51:54 2009

At 2 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 19th of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Gryssil perished, never to return.
Race:felar
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:111
76187, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Gryssil the Legend of the Battlefield, Elite Imperial Blade
Posted by Enlilth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Liked this char. I thought you were the logical choice for Warmaster. I'm sorry I didn't get to you in the midst of a hectic couple of weeks for some shrine interaction. It really says something to be considered for leadership in 2 cabals simultaneously. If it had been up to me, which I guess technically it is to to some extent, you would have gotten warmaster. Generally though my policy is to let Empire run itself.

I don't find you lacking in the quality character department in any way shape or form, and hope to see you back again in some sort of follower capacity.

Oh and for the record I didn't curse anyone during any particular fight. Said person believing that they were cursed was asked to bug board the situation.
76047, Hero char #2 - Crappy End to a fun character.
Posted by Minyar1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
As Gralbin I saw that the Empire had nothing for the most part, unless the lich was about. The lich at the time was hardly ever about and I like Empire too much to just let it always get dominated. I wanted to make another felar char and so I did.

I was very pleased with the changes to Blade of the Codex since the last time I played a Blade...way back when I had Dryzzel as the war master. I also loved my combo with my legacies, although I probably could have gone with something other than chilling and been happier. Wave with polearm is nice.

I angled Gryssil to move well within the Empire and he did until the step to War Master. Gollywyn and I were clsoe in donations to one another and Zhurn was a long way behind. Vicktor and the other elite were never around and so they weren't even in the running. I made a deal with Zizzle for the coin to get far past Gollywyn in donations and did that.

I did plenty of hunting and killing for the Empire and so I wasn't all that worried about that. Ahtieli decided to have a contest of fights between the Elites, and well, Zhurn definitely beats me in straight up fights. He hits hard, and had a nice no-disarm weapon, so that made things tough for me. Anyway, lost two fights to him and so he got promoted to War master. It all looked very fishy to me anyway, because of my own suspicions, but I'll leave it at that.

There has been a lot of discussion on dio's about the whole thing and I just felt like I got the shaft, but hey, thats Ahtieli's shaft to give, so I'll just stay away from Empire for awhile again.

So - goodbyes:
Enlilth - Never really saw you and so i never got much chance to interact, which was unfortunate.

Gollywyn - I hope you get War Mistress soon, you are the only one who deserves it.

Zhurn - You ticked me off when i was young, and Gryssil had no intentions of ever following a command you gave. I think you deserved the Elite status, but I don't think you deserve War master as you are hardly able to stand alone against most people. Granted, you could tool me alone, but for some, that won't be too hard. You seemed new to the game, so I hope you learn a lot and have fun.

Ikbe - You are alright, but you aren't in command of anyone except your sect. I tried to make the Blade Sect step up and stop bowing to all the other Sect Leaders. The Imperial Law sure doesn't require it, and neither does the sect laws.

Zerrla - liked you and I hope you do well.

Rikkirri - Same as Zerrla, we had some fun fights together I thought and you are a competent thief.

Graelok - I saw both sides of you and your RP and sometimes I was impressed, and other times I was dismayed.

Ahtieli - Don't like you all that much or any of your past chars. I don't think liches are good for CF anymore, and I honestly think more than one should be like the Highlander - "There can be only one" and so you search to take out the other and steal their power. You talk about not needing gangs, but my experience has never shown that. Maybe with this next one I'll see it.

Enemies -
Village - There are too many of you to talk about each of you indidvidually and remember it all. Please post and I'll make comments. I had some great fights with villagers and some other ones where I went away going...how is that person a berserker and not getting their butt kicked out of their hut.

Fort -
Enrai - Some great one on one battles that we had.

Unal - I am very very sorry about what happened in the end there as I found out more later about what happened to you. i had no idea and I wish things hadn't played out that way.

Padwei - man that Unicorn is a sick form to fight against. I know you deserve it but boy is that a rough fight.

Velkoth - You talk too much smack and really shouldn't.

Caerga - When you and Ralmer ganged me down on eastern and took every good piece of felar gear I was pretty ticked. Then when you lied and said Ralmer took them, and I found out that you took it all, I couldn't believe it. We killed you a number of times, and didn't take an item, but greed was to be praised in Gryssil's eyes and so he saw you taking a walk toward the dark. Then telling me that I would have died without Ralmer's mountain storm kicks was even more laughable. I had you until he started killing me too, and command denials were coming through from the kicks.

Ralmer - Wish we had more fights, I think they would have ended up the same way as the one we had in Galadon.

Others:
Pzur - Man you were a tough foe. I was bummed that you got so badly looted though in the village.

Friends:

Zizzle - I owe you, and I'll make it up to you in this next char, you just won't know it. :) Great RP!

Alzinghul - SOrry you died there in the village that last time. That sucked.

Ah = Can't think of much else, so write and I'll respond.

76048, Vezrith chuckles grimly.
Posted by Twist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think Vezrith's player might be saying something about poetic justice right now, considering you (as Draktel) promoted Hunsobo to WM, then made he and I duel, and having Imperial Tactics was a pretty big determining factor in who won. And he was ahead (at the time) in donations.

I personally think you made the right choice to keep me as WM (naturally). But part of why you kept me *may* have had something to do with me being around when you needed me, eating deaths for you, and generally helping you as much as I could. Maybe Zhurn did that more for Ahtieli (considering playtimes) than you did.

Just sayin'.
76052, Maybe
Posted by Gryssil on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Still felt like the shaft. Also, Hunsobo was valuable to me and so was Vezrith as Draktel. I will say Hunsobo was more valuable to me though, and that is why I made you WM. Maybe it is a similar situation, but I think Vezrith had a better chance of beating you than you are giving him credit for. He could have prepared a lot more.
76078, Have to agree with the Lich thing.
Posted by Abernytee on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
They don't fit into CF anymore with it's new gang culture.

The highlander 'There can be only one!' idea I really like and I also like the idea of making a Lich uncaballed. Why would a lich, basicaly immortal being, endevour to be involved with any cabal when anything that cabal stands for will decay and die in time, unlike the Lich.

Anyway.....

I think I may have fought Gralbin with Meleke and I thought you were a bit pathetic Aaron jumping on me as badly as you did with the cranial spam/neuro spam et al. This feels odd me saying this to a player I have known for over a decade and respected pretty much everything he has played. Must have been the fortress bug you caught. Good luck with the fatherhood, it is the emotional rollercoaster of all rollercoasters!

Take it easy,

-----Abernyte
76081, I'm don't remember meleke, so you would have to jog the memory.
Posted by Gralbin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I can't say that I'm free of ganging on all characters as sometimes it happens, wether I want it to or not, and sometimes I'm ok with it. You would have to give me more details to understand that, and then I would just say, you only caught a small part of Gralbin's life in this case.
76117, It is not important but
I was the scion hummingbird/dire wolf that got shamelessly ganked by fortress on numerous occassions and the last being when I came to retrieve and you, ilvahkij, the elf muter, conjurer and paladin did me in.

I had fought you alone, prior to that on the erinin but you must have cried for help because the captain arrived through his little maran cry portal thing and joined us.

Like you said, it was a snippet of your overall life but it was the only part I saw. I know you are cool though.

-----Abernyte
76118, btw, this is on the wrong character but I replied anyway.~
~
76122, I really don't remember this at all...which is sad.
You are cool too. :)
76153, Dec 3, 2008 |Lv 44|Fortress of Light|Meleke vs 4: Gralbin (5%), Ilvakihj (51%, KB), Illunas (1%), Ferlynn (41%)
heh
76098, RE: Hero char #2 - Crappy End to a fun character.
Posted by zhurn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
such a shame you deleted, you proberly dont belive me, but i would have giving you the War Master spot, i knew you deserved it more than me.. but you deleted so fast...

and No, i do not know Ahtieli ooc, i dont know anyone ooc
76101, Like I tried to relate.
Posted by Gryssil on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Some of it was RP related in that Zhurn had really rubbed me the wrong way early in life. I don't mind bossy, if you have the clout to be bossy. When we are both sheathed blades, age doesn't make you more. I hope you can do well as War Master, but it played out how it did, and I didn't care for it, so I said screw it, I can do something i'll like better.

Here is my advice to you as I think you are fairly new:
The characters that stand out in my opinion are one of two types. They can either hold their own and are capable and daring. They may die more than others, and get looted and what not, but typically they gain respect and leave an impression and a lasting goodness to their time as a char in CF

Then there are the chars that cling to others and can't seem to do well on their own. They constantly roll around in big groups and make the game less fun for everyone else. Sometimes they have moments of goodness, and sometimes the former category has moments like this category, but this particular char type I'm talking about leaves a negative impression for people. It is the Krilcov's of the world that fall into this category. The kind of chars that think evil means making everyone miserable IC and OOC.

I think for the most part you have been falling into number 2. That is from my limited experience, and my hope is that you will become the type of char I described in number 1.

Are all of my characters a "number 1 char" type, nope, and I tend to hate those characters and delete them somewhat fast. It is my hope that all of mine strive to be that char most of the time though, and I know I fall short in that sometimes.

I've been around this game a long long time, and I'm more than happy to pass on advice and help people in the game. Please feel free to write to me about anything like that, or sen me a personal message on dios. The handle there is Minyar.
76103, RE: Like I tried to relate.
well, i cant help that when i am finish from my work (i am a Chef) so i work till late, i come home and log on, to see Ahtieli, and few others awake in the Cabal. Ive seen plenty of times where diffrent cabals have joined up to beat up the empire, so why shoul d i walk around alone, and get myself Ganked?

But i do apreciate your help, belive it or not, but i an not a new to this game, proberly my langue and mino speech, thats makes you belive that...

i know properby many of you want me to delete, because you all think that there where ooc cheating involved, (ive read all the posts on Dio) but i can only say no to all that...
76104, Except..
Posted by Java on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's something I've noticed alot. Empire typically, when they have the numbers, will ALWAYS walk around together. In one group. Wherever they go.

Fortress simply doesn't do that. Unless it's a raid, retrieval or an explore group you just won't find all the Fortie's running around together.

Gryssil ran around alone, even when Ahtieli was on. How often did he get ganked? I know I ran into him and fought him alone a dozen or so times. Hell, I showed up at the Palace looking for you (when there were other Forties on) plenty of times alone.

The fact is, other cabals DON'T always run around in one big group looking to gang people down. Lately, that's been an Empire tactic. Characters from every other cabal seem MUCH more willing to run around alone when they have the opportunity.

I guarantee you, you'd have a higher kill total if you ran around alone. You'd probably die a few more times, but that's to be expected when suddenly people are actually willing to fight you.
76105, RE: Except..
fortress dont run in groups? hmm allright....

but fortress dont have so many enemies as we do, i mean, ive been awake when there was me and empress, and we had like 15 enemies. fortress have half that number, perhaps thats have something to do with it to.
76106, Dude, I've played more Fort than just about anyone lately..
Posted by Java on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And it's a very very rare thing where Fort runs around in a group without a specific goal in mind.

For all your excuses, I'll just point towards Gryssil. You didn't have any more enemies than him. And he had no problem running around alone. Maybe if you actually try it every now and then, you'll realize the truth.

People are MUCH more willing to give someone a fair fight when they know it will be reciprocated. But if they find you the ONE time that you're not standing next to the Lich, they'll probably be more likely to gang you down to ensure the kill.
76109, I don't want to make this a bash Zhurn...
All I was saying is I hope you end up being the number 1 guy, and not the number 2. Zhurn rubbed Grys the wrong way, but that wasn't the main reason for delete as much as it was the person in charge of the whole Empire.
76116, Zhurn's player just always seems to rub me the wrong way. It takes all sorts to make a world.
I wish him no ill will but sadly I can identify him everytime by sheer irritation.

-----Abernyte
76128, RE: Zhurn's player just always seems to rub me the wrong way. It takes all sorts to make a world.
how can you possible know who i am? when i dont speak with anyone ooc?

76169, I know who you are as well..and? n/t
Posted by Beront on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
76175, RE: I know who you are as well..and? n/t
then tell me who i am?
76183, Thanks.
Posted by Iunna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>then tell me who i am?

For getting this stuck in my head. :p

"There are times when all the world's asleep
The questions run too deep
For such a simple man
Won't you please, please tell me what we've learned
I know it sounds absurd
But please tell me who I am"

-Supertramp, The Logical Song
76191, RE: Thanks.
Posted by Graatchman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You better watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical!
76189, Are you sure? Here? That will lead you to deletation.. nt
n/t
76190, RE: Are you sure? Here? That will lead you to deletation.. nt
why would i delete if people know who i was?

i will continue to play. no matter how many of you hatters i have,,
76270, Allrighty. Let me guess. Lhydia? n/t
n/t
76273, You can't be serious. NT
Posted by TheManNamedSam on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
NT
76280, You poor, addled, freak.~
Posted by Aodh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
76182, Mannerisms and speech, I presume
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Rogue characters are generally not that hard to spot, for example. At the moment though, I don't know who he is, but that's probably because I have very little to do with the cabal I believe he is in.

Someone also fingered my character based on my speech.
76185, I figured it out a different way, but you know what they say about different folks.. NT
Posted by TheManNamedSam on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
NT
76110, RE: Except..
Posted by Dylan1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Too right on the getting more kills because you'll get more fights. If I can't beat a Lich one on one I'm sure not going to take up a fight against you and a Lich. And it's really easy to avoid that fight.
76115, Sorry, but that's plain wrong
Posted by DAurwyn2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fortress ganks a lot as well as Empire.

You can said "it's a raid situation", but if you wait until you have overwhelming odds to raid, that's still ganking. If the entire fortress waits to fight the one retriever, that's still ganking.

And, even outside of raids, plenty of fortress gang. Some don't, but lots do.

The thing I noticed most about fortress was their tendency to get the help of other cabals when even without them they'd have a better than even chance of making a raid work.

It doesn't tend to be the communers (like you) ganging as much as the ones that use lagging in a big way. Warriors, assassins, transmuters, aps and thieves.

76150, Well *#&$
Posted by Rikkiri on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I enjoyed hanging out with you a bit for the times we had to run around together. I didn't hear a thing about what went on ICly, but OOCly the most I can offer it: It's the Empire, welcome to it. It's totally sucky, and I can see where you're coming from. I've played quite a few Shadows and I always to back up the Blades that seem like they can hold their own. Definately you in this case. As a player, the new Warmaster deal is just favoritism (IC, not OOC like people are claming), and that's just how you have to roll if you want to stick with the Imperial horde.

I've hung with you a few times with other characters of mine, and I've always enjoyed the interaction with your characters. Good luck with your next!