Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Dreep the Master of Weapons
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=76028
76028, (DELETED) [None] Dreep the Master of Weapons
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Jan 17 23:32:56 2009

At 8 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 35th of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Dreep perished, never to return.
Race:arial
Class:warrior
Level:40
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:90
76029, This character was supposed to be fun....
Posted by Tac on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Trying to get back in the village (excluding tonight) is pretty much the opposite of fun. For all those people who think applicants have it bad... at least you get detect invis :P

The worst part is I didn't even get to try out the spec/legacy combo I had envisioned.

To those who are left from when Dreep was coming up... Grunta... Duergar thief with speech that is harder to understand than Dreep's was... Anyone else left? It was fun. There was some bonding between those who were applicants after the absentee assassin was named commander and luggbok was made drillmaster, since we had a pretty rough time of it there for a couple of weeks. Hope you guys have more fun with your chars than I did with Dreep.

As a note: If you are ever kicked out of the village and don't want to go the anathema magic using route, do yourself a favor, deleted and reroll the same character. It'll be easier and faster. Also, don't go on a skiing trip for a week right after you get kicked, it makes it look bad.
76039, I have to admit
Posted by Rayihn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I get immediately turned off from a character that speaks the way you did. You were in either of my cabals or religions so I know it doesn't matter but speaking like that made me not want to interact with you. Sorry.
76040, Seconded.
Posted by Roawyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think I asked you to rank or something like that and the instant you replied I was like, <i>Jesus Christ never mind</i>. If you want your character to talk fast, a perma-esay is really a less annoying and more viable solution thannotusinganyspacesbetweenyourwords.
76087, After interacting with Dreep a bit...
Posted by Grunta on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I got a decent feel for his RP, and I liked it. Yes, it was hard to understand the cocaine-hyped speech at times, but if you offered him some booze, he drank it, relaxed, and you could understand him just fine. He also had some odd angle about always having to open doors and such...

I liked his char from what I saw. Coming up the applicant range with no inducting battle leaders was tough... finally getting the rager powers, then losing them, and never earning them back is definitely a bummer.

Sorry Dreep.
76088, It's really your fault....
For not winning the Rites! :P
76120, Oh - I suck. I talk well, but overall, I just suck :)
Posted by Grunta on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Just kidding - but I will say, my build definitely does not suit me in short fights against a bunch of mace and fist wielders :)
76112, RE: This character was supposed to be fun....
Posted by Yean on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was hoping you'd manage to redeem yourself and get back into the Village. Despite the annoying speech pattern, I actually enjoyed the char (and like Grunta stated..all that was needed was some beer). You reminded me of Eulinda some, but she was Yean's good friend as a mort, so take that as a compliment.
76144, Thanks
Although I'm not so sure being compared to Eulinda is much of a compliment :P (love ya Graatch).

I wanted to get back in too, but having never heard of the commander pre becoming commander, and the way Dreep was treated by the drillmaster during his entire life, it seemed like a lot of frustration to go through for what was essentially a character-lite(tm).

I'll be trying this character's general build in battle again sometime in the future, but I think I'll wait until current leadership has gone away and I've played out any alt's I may have.