Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjecta few goodbyes
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=75897
75897, a few goodbyes
Posted by Hask on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had some fun fights, but life grew pretty dull the last few hundred hours when I just couldn't crank out the big damage to seal kills against conservative enemies. I had hoped to make a name for myself, but I felt pretty ineffectual as a hero, so I worked to get a few edges I hadn't tested. This was the first time I was able to participate in two Rites with one character, and they were a lot of fun.

Luggbok - I don't know the present commander, but I would have given my life without reservation to save you. You are the heart of the village.

Rashar - I felt lost when you went on a hiatus, for although we didn't have much luck killing each other, we had a great rivalry.

Fjarn, Yean, Neltoulda, and Iunna - Thank you for the little interactions we had. They weren't often or in depth, but they lightened the tedium I experienced with this character.

I will reply and answer questions to those who post.
75955, Let me guess....Ruhktashi? The mighty quiter?
Posted by Beront on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Quiter. As always. I would kick you from the village on a sight.

Do not defend village 3 vs 3? Leaving 2 other berserkers to die?

Right thing for the berserker.

Quit on a first sight of a danger?

Rrrright boy. Your strength is in RP.

Sometimes, I think, that -some- IMM is bad for the village. Like it was with Sabiene. On another hand, at least we have somebody to watch and give perks to good guys, not like Hask.
75960, You have the wrong eskimo.
Now my friends the time has come for you to find your mate
The chore will be to find a girl who won't become irate
If she cannot type ignore she'll always watch the clock
But then again she'll be deaf as she comes from your drawer of socks.

----
I fought your character a number of times, and it always ended the same way: You ran off to eat pills of healing while I wished that you'd attack while there was a defender logged on, and then you'd taunt and turn on ignore trying to bait me further. After the pattern was established after our first half dozen fights, I realized I'd rather watch reruns of Gilligan's island than listen to you.

You know the game really well, Beront, but unfortunately any character you create is played by you.

75961, Did you miss the part about your quits?
Posted by Beront on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So I will repeat.

You quited on a first sight of a danger

You didn't defend/left your cabalmates to die. - Wrong behaivor for the berserker.

etc

No. I didn't use any healing pills or preps. Yes, you fled countless times in 70% hp to the destructor. So, good luck.

PS: And we will discuss my char at my death thread.

PPS: Reveal yourself? ;) I knot its you, baby.
75965, You cute little griefer you!
I lost to and defeated capable characters, and where almost all of them showed class, your character's allow me to glimpse your personality. Since easy-going Twist feels the need to ignore your characters, I am going to follow his example. Thank you, drive through.
75976, As cabalmate and frequent groupmate of Hask
Posted by lurker on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Did he quit at some inopportune times without much warning that he was leaving? Yeap, but usually while he was edging towards the bottom of the who list. And if not, who cares, sometimes all the player may have is an hour to play and just wants to get a few quick things done before they leave.

Did he also stick it out through some gruesome gang deaths? Yeap. Was he also the only hero rager on a lot whenever I logged in with four hero Nexus air/offenses on while Orc village held the head? Yeap.

Put down the Matryoshkina!
75963, Thing is that Beront was far from being
Posted by Ahtieli2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
only person who thought that you have played Ruhktanshi before.
75966, Ahtieli I had some respect for, so for you I'll reveal myself.
Posted by Quixotic_lz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were at the center of my role and reason for going into the village.

I created the character to enter the Empire, but my episodic role entries used Scion mages for training, which led to my character hating all magic. When I realized you weren't going to con die in my lifetime and I saw where my storyline took me, Battle was the route to go.

As for mistaking me for Ruhktanshi, those who came back to their corpses would have seen a profound difference in playing styles.
75967, I would not have guessed this was you nt
Posted by Baerinika on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

There will be no white flag above my door. - Dido
75970, Good, even if you mean this as an insult.
Posted by Quix on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
First orderly and second evil hero character, second assassin and third battle.

I'm trying to grow a little, for it is easy to fall into a rut of comfortableness.
75968, Everyone can be wrong
it's so funny looking back how people were saying that you probably played Ruhktanshi before :P. I don't think I've anything bad to say about Hask anyway. I saw only one quit from you and you warned me that you did not have time to stay, I don't see reason not to belive you.
75969, liches
Posted by Quix on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Liches can be stupidly powerful, and with the much smaller playerbase we have I don't think lich agelessness fits the original design intent, but you and Satebos handle the tedium well.
76003, Yea
I think liches should age die as everyone else.
75978, Why
Posted by Mek on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
...do you post with your character handle all over the place?

I don't even play, but if I did I would have one hell of a time detaching your forum persona from your character. Shouldn't be that way bub.
75997, Sadly, due to some char assassination, everyone already knows the player.
Posted by TheManNamedSam on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Why do you think some of the flame wars have got extra nasty?

I know that's why I jumped in some of them.

I liked Hask, BTW.
76002, RE: Why
I'm so hated that it does not make a big difference.
75948, RE: a few goodbyes
Posted by Rashar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Haha most annoying assassin I've ever met. The only one I ever had to fight regularly, mind you, but blah. I could always count on you popping out of absolutely nowhere to bother me in the middle of something. Rock on, heh. I'm sure that was your goal. Sorry about being absent lately. I just don't have a lot of time for mudding and Rashar never was that interesting of a char..I'll play him more when I get through the grind on my current thing.
75920, Another one? Damn!
Posted by Iegob on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
At first I didn't know what to think. Was SO surprised that I beat you in the arena at lvl 40, 11 lvls below you. But when I scrolled up to look at the fight I realized why. ^^ You really didn't try to win the fight. hehe Just tested nerve. :D

I was so cheering for you when you were up against Luggbok in the rites. Until he got that DB in and you were screwed, was 100% sure you had him.

All in all, I liked having you around, sorry for the little questioning I did with you the other night, but IC I had to. ^^

Cool char, keep the coming!
75923, One more thing...
Posted by Iegob on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
When you died in the rites, in the team battles... That really sucks as it's Iegob's ONLY group kill! Wrecking my perfect score. hehe :D
75932, RE: Another one? Damn!
It didn't bother me that you questioned why I didn't engage, for you had no idea that I wasn't within the cabal or even that side of the ruins when they hit you.
75918, RE: a few goodbyes
Posted by Gahtho on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I remember back when Hask was a pup! Lots of good times, I enjoyed your character as Gahtho. Take care and best of luck.
75941, No nonsense, and I liked it.
I remember your induction clearly, which amounted to you know the rules, so if you screw up, I'm going to kick your ass. And you showed that you could do it when you repeatedly beat the snot out of the STSF suicidal elf maran who felt a need to hunt you. Splat.

You also showed me how to die with dignity when you kept diving into the Ziz-Al nightmare time and again. Just once I hoped you would tear up the opposition, but I don't recall ever seeing anyone fight you alone other than the elf who thought you had a red-aura.

Luggy and I endured a hard time when you were gone, but I took you for a serial battle player the moment I met you. Keep rockin.
75911, *sigh*
Posted by Iktul on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Not even a mention! Great, now I've got 2 friends left. :P
75913, RE: *sigh*
My wife was nagging for me to get off the computer.

I made it a point to cultivate a decent relationship with Iktul for the simple reason that I didn't want you to steal my potion of return, err, that it was in my best interests to have something like an ally, although I was constantly checking to see if you were in my range because I didn't trust you wholly.
75928, complete goodbye plus a funny
My wife was nagging for me to get off the computer.

I made it a point to cultivate a decent relationship with Iktul for the simple reason that I didn't want you to steal my potion of return, err, I mean that it was in my best interests to have something like an ally.

I was constantly checking to see if you were in my range because I didn't trust you wholly, largely because of a feeling I got which you confirmed during this funny incident:

-------------------------------

Iktul blushes as he sees you here.

Iktul steps out of the shadows.
Iktul says 'Oh you.'

You snicker softly.

A wry little smile crosses Iktul's face.

Shalsad must have been pretty beat up to go hide within the Spire.

Iktul says 'Ahtieli is evidently my one true love, sorry, I'm taken.'

You whisper 'Shalsad must have been pretty beat up to go hide within the Spire.'

Shiin has arrived.
Endrin has arrived.

Shiin leaves east.
Endrin leaves east.

Iktul says 'Lets not talk about it.'

Ahtieli has arrived.
A burnt zombie of the green dragon has arrived.
A zombie of a war-weary storm giant has arrived.
A flesh golem has arrived.
A ghoul has arrived.
Zhurn has arrived.
You whisper 'Not talk about Shalsad or your necrophilia?'

Ahtieli leaves west.
Zhurn leaves west.
A ghoul leaves west.
A flesh golem leaves west.
A zombie of a war-weary storm giant leaves west.
A burnt zombie of the green dragon leaves west.

Iktul groans loudly.

You grin evilly.

Iktul says 'That was. The Worst. Timing. Ever.'

75907, It was alot of fun running around with you when we did
Posted by Luggy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You wanted to go alot of places and me running around hunting most of the time kinda kept me from taking you to alot of them. Well come back to the village when ever your ready. I will go more indepth about things when Luggys life ends till then take care old friend

Luggy Kuntug the Balanced Champion of Death, Drillmaster of Battle
75910, I love you man!
Can I have a bud light?

Seeing you dish out unspeaks as often as you did made me feel like a 98 pound weakling at a Mr Universe competition, and I was surprised at how well distance worked for you. Great character, and I hope to see your name on the pillar when I am in Battle next.
75906, It was good traveling with you...
Posted by Grunta on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were a very competent battle assassin, and I liked the battle poet twist - especially since we really haven't had any renown bards during Grunta's life.

Also, I appreciated all of your help in ranking, even though I know it must have been a bore/chore for you.

GLWYN.

75908, RE: It was good traveling with you...
I had nearly 400 hours on this character, so finding anything to do was welcome.
75909, a little more
The village had a blight of defenders, and I had a tough time getting my last nine levels, so I wasn't going to leave you stranded. Of course, playing an orderly evil battle character left me with few ranking options when Battle was empty.

Make a name for yourself, and I will be by your side in some incarnation soon enough.
75912, If Hask felt anything like Luggy did
Posted by Luggy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It was never a chore to rank those of the village, I always played it off as it just made the village stronger....and it did.
75902, RE: a few goodbyes
Posted by Zizzle on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Shall I take it this means you concede defeat to me in the Rhyme-Off, sir? }(
75905, I did not concede
In fact I put out four poems or so after I read your second challenge. I just treated it like someone who says, "Ok, you won that time. Two out of three?" Decent poems, though, and an interesting character.
75921, I guess you didn't read my note on the subject. Ah well.~
Posted by Zizzle1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
~
75898, RE: a few goodbyes
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Did you get much mileage out of stalked up martial trance? That struck me as potentially being pretty nasty for a battle assassin, depending on how much resist stacks with trance.
75903, re: martial trance
I seldom got a chance to get many stalks at hero. In raids or defenses, the outer fell too quickly to get more than two stalks, and if we were being raided, that normally meant I was facing heavily prepped people. Outside of raids, people either had familiars scanning for me, the twitchy edge, or good instincts. I never learned martial trance edge, which would have increased the effectiveness immensely.