Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [BATTLE] Angale the Master of Defense, Village Applicant
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=75889
75889, (DELETED) [BATTLE] Angale the Master of Defense, Village Applicant
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Jan 13 22:23:36 2009

At 3 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 31st of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Angale perished, never to return.
Race:arial
Class:warrior
Level:32
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:36
75899, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Angale the Master of Defense, Vi...
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This was my sad attempt at a rager, btw.

Created him during that double-xp day. Hooked up with Borkhad and Woldrun and power ranked to the mid 20s in about three hours. Ooops!

Spent a decent amount of time trying to get a mage kill, which is kind of hard when you can't bash people down and can't see invis. Finally got one, then found out the village was closed. That isn't a complaint- I'm amazed at how many members and wannabes there are.

Playing a rager app is hard. Arial dex didn't make up for dagger pary and my un-perfected skills as much as I'd hoped, so I couldn't tank for crap. Mace-wielding giants tanked better than I did. I managed to handle the lack of potions fairly well, but the inability to use town healers was what really got me. I'm used to running around Thera until my moves are gone, then rolling into town and "recharging" before running around some more. The amount of time I spent sleeping with this guy...man, I felt like a conjurer or something.

One side note: in the short span of this guy's life I seemed to encounter a surprisingly large number of douchey people. Some more so than others. I feel compelled to respond to two, though:

To "shifter I ambushed in the Inn":

I stand by what I said at the time. It is not "cowardice" for a mid-20s rager app with mid-80s parry/dodge to try to kill an out-of-form shifter in the Inn. The bouncers almost killed me. I knew they would almost kill me when I decided to attack.

To "human offense shifter I attacked in the Tower of Sorcery":

Dude. I can't believe you, who chose to play a human offense shifter, can, with a straight face, accuse me of being unoriginal for deciding to play an arial dagger spec. Seriously.

To "minotaur who I ranked with":

Okay, to be fair, you weren't really douchey. But you were a bossy son-of-a-gun. I stand by my belief that it's not "wasting practices" for an arial warrior to spend two pracs on something like "evade" or "fourth attack".
75901, This character had some hilarious stories.
Posted by Forsakenz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The whirlpool one takes the cake.
75914, RE: This character had some hilarious stories.
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
For the benefit of everyone else:

After I had started to get pretty desperate for a mage kill, I was traveling across the Aryth when I see this mage stuck in the whirlpool. "Score!" I think to myself. "No getting away from me this time!" Sure I'll die, bu it'll be worth it right?

So I go in and attack him. He gets pretty near dead in about one round. Flees, and immediately mob dies to the sea dragon. I now have to suicide myself on a mob down there, taking a mob death. Then, to top it all off, he gets back to our corpses first. Doh.
75917, RE: This character had some hilarious stories.
Posted by Borkahd on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That is a pretty funny story. Crap luck.

There was another double XP time? Hell if I noticed. Anyway, it was fun and I had hoped that you would stick it out. I really enjoyed hanging around with you.

Good luck with your next, bro.
75925, OUCH! That one hurts! But about arial dagger speccs.
Posted by Ckol on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ckol was arial dagger, an he was a defender. And From lvl 20 I solo-ranked for quite a bit! And when I begun my parry/dodge was in the mid 80s. By the time I hit 25 dodge was perfected, and soon after that parry.

I usually tanked in all groups I was in througout this chars life. (He picked spear/staff at 40).

Nah, arial daggers tank pretty good. :D Guess the rng never liked you. (+ I had some decent gear pretty early on.)
75927, Evade no...fourth attack...I'd say yes its a waste.
Posted by Minyar1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Just my .02. Didn't know the character, but I like to keep up on Battle.