Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Graelok Vagabaz the Legend of the Battlefield, Anathema to the Empire
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=75713
75713, (DELETED) [None] Graelok Vagabaz the Legend of the Battlefield, Anathema to the Empire
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Jan 9 13:58:08 2009

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 16th of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Graelok perished, never to return.
Race:fire
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:342
75812, Can anyone tell me how it happened? Who made his Anathema and so on?nt
Posted by OneOfHisBlades on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
@
75825, Maybe try logging on?
Posted by TheManNamedSam on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
WTF.
75838, As Warmaster only 2 types of people can
Posted by Zulghinlour on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
1. The Emperor
2. Empire Immortals

It was one of those two.
75868, Or himself, right?
Posted by Straklaw on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Given the # of people we've seen self-anathema themselves before deletion, etc.
75769, Never had a chance...
Posted by Korin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Don't have an opinion on the controversy below, especially since we never even spoke, but I have to post just for one thing. You handed me my ass while raiding a few days ago, left most of my gear, then waited for me to un-ghost to finish the raid. There are a bunch of possible reasons why, but considering your gear, spec, and legacies, I have to assume you were in very little danger. So, if it was a little meta-game sportsmanship, I appreciate it. If you were just hoping to pad your pk ratio, oh well. If it was something else, ignore this :)

I hate getting housed as much as the next guy, but round 2 turned out to be pretty fun. Peace.
75770, RE: Never had a chance...
Posted by Ikbe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Do you realize that primordial vengeance lasts roughly about 35 hours and all around huntress is wilderness:) Guess he just couldn't recover in time.
75760, RE: (DELETED) [None] Graelok Vagabaz the Legend of the Battlefield, Anathema to the Empire
Posted by Dark Priest on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
When I was playing Gahtho (side note: bummed he didn't make the pillar) he seemed to be mouthy but I only (only?) got the OOC stuff once after killing him. He was going on about how he was linkdead but I know he wasn't, unless an Imm was 'forcing' his combat actions and movement.

Either way, I didn't like the character but I never got to know him aside from those two situations.

He must have been doing something right to get Warmaster. Those positions seem like they can go awhile without being filled and there isn't a real disadvantage to the cabal. I don't know if he was promoted by an Imm or the Emperor but Sometimes with other cabals I tend to think the leader choices were pretty much because there was noone else.
75752, Don't know what all the others are about....
Posted by Ikda on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We didn't fight that often. But the one on one where I got the better of you and took alot of you gear I didn't see much trash talk. (easy guyes I left him myn).

And the fight with you and Ikbe at the chasm and laiter at the palace where you got me back was good fun!

Good luck with you next.
75754, I agree. I liked Graelok a lot.
Posted by Enbuergo1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I popped him once, he rolled with it, then we became buds. What's better than that? I didn't see any of this OOC ranting.
75762, I saw the other side.
Posted by Gralbin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I saw the other side when I beat him pretty severly on eastern road and he blamed his connection. I am pretty sure I looted nothing other than coin and he went on a tirade, not necessarily at me, but annoying all the same.

On the flip side, we had some other great interactions where we came to stalemates and retreated, or he won outright, or I did. I like him as a foe, he definitely knows preps better than me.
75772, This jives pretty well with what I saw.
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Could be cool.

Could also be incredibly childish after a death.

Unfortunately, even if you're cool 99% of the time and a baby 1% of the time, people tend to remember the 1%.
75787, Heh
Posted by khalla on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Agreed, I thought Graelok was pretty cool.

But as a side note, when myself, yourself and Graelok were ranking on kiadana a while back and you two started bickering at each other after a Graelok took a crappy mob death was one of the funniest moments I've seen-- lousy as it was for him. It's just too priceless to hear two giants calling each other stupid.

FWIW, judging from Graelok's reaction to the incident, I thought for certain he was going to rage delete after that, but I held the utmost respect for him for shaking it off and coming back. Graelok held a special place in Khalla's cold heart after seeing that. Good stuff.

75743, RE: (DELETED) [None] Graelok Vagabaz the Legend of the ...
Posted by Shamanmans on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
As an aside, I didn't see much but I dont know how the hell you were war master. I've had imms call me out on breaking imperial law, but I logged on Wellinar once and you bumrushed be and bashed me down in the hamsah guild like it was a funny game. Meh. You just seemed like kind of a poor rpd douche to me.
75739, Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Posted by Zefta on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really REALLY liked Graelok! Classy! And to me it looked like you kept my no looting policy going. :D

REAL shame. :(
75758, I had that before Zefta was born
Posted by Nererial on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Nya nya nya nya nya!
75736, Well I didnt exspect to see this txt
Posted by Luggy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You where a respected enemy in Luggy's eyes. We had some fun fights
You winning all of them if I am not mistaken. I still think I had
you talked into that one thing and it would have worked but I will
mention that more after Luggy's life ends. Back up take a deep breath
and come back stronger than you where man, dont let it get to you.

Luggy Kuntug the Balanced Champion of Death, Drillmaster of Battle
75732, I thought you were pretty tough (text)
Posted by Lightmaged on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You hit hard, and we had a few good fights with my last fortress shifter.

Didnt really interact much in terms of conversation so I missed what everyone else is talking about.

I was not much of an offensive threat to you, so probably was no need for banter anyway. And since I never was a threat, you stuck around to fight.

Later,
75729, An utter disgrace - this was well-deserved
Posted by Ilvakihj on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You always have been and would be an utter disgrace to the Blade Sect, as your primary adversary for the longest time, I can say you were cowardly to the core, as soon as I came at you even remotely prepped, you'd just bounce and quaff, this is before you even hit bleeding wounds. You constantly let Imperials pry and steal ####, and go on unpunished, even when your foes took really bad odds to give you a fight... never seemed like you wanted a challenge, you never showed up for defenses, you never raided unless you had a severe advantage... all of these things coupled together, made you an utter tool in my eyes... this was a long time coming, I would've pegged you as Anathema way before that... you really are the epitomy of -too- cautious of a player... the sort which should never be in War Master as a position, regardless of what you call proper tactics, never taking a risk = chump.
75738, Really he did that crap? Luggy never seen that side of him before
Posted by Luggy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
He would always face me one on one and never touch my things if he slew me. I had no idea he acted like that. Pretty much changes my veiws on the character though I can say that.
75742, As you said
Posted by Rayihn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
he won every one of your fights. It was the losses that induced melt down.
75740, Crazy thing...
Posted by Gryssil on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I saw another side of him that I thought was too daring. There were times we would go to raid with horrible odds and such. I did think he went ooc way too much though, and that was his downfall.

Good luck with something else man, and just tone down on the breaking RP and you can be great.
75750, Misinfo. This is just hateness and no sing word of truth there.
Posted by OneOfHisBlades on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We there have fought against 5 forties retriving last night, we were
trying return Codex, i saw him before, he were doing well.
You are liar, will all respect.
75755, Proof that stereotypes always have a grain of truth to them n.t.
Posted by Theerkla on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
No text.
75751, That comes from the
Posted by Ahtieli2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
most brave maran, aye?

I suggest you keep your dirty mouth closed.
75763, RE: That comes from the
Honestly... coming from one of the biggest disgraces in the pbase, your words mean ABSOLUTELY nothing, I tooled you left and right as Ajirkahn one vs one, when you were Ahtieli... and I think I maybe saw you take really bad odds once, without gathering a huge army + shawtabies...

All in all, your a lameass lich who really is a ####cat, if it takes you over an hour after you login into Thera, to face off against 3 fortress members, as a Lich... well, suffice to say, you should not be Empress if you are so easily cast aside after your army is torn apart... you have the ability to pretty much combine ever class in-game into one... the sheer fact you constantly rely on your armies to do anything remotely worthwhile is lame.

I recommend you really think back on how you used to play... it would inspire far more respect from the pbase for you.

As for courageous... name me one non-villager who was up to take the odds I was... certainly, it isn't a single one of your Imperials.
75764, RE: That comes from the
Posted by Eleia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Taking odds(not tha I witnessed alot of that from you) and trash talking has nothing to do with the skills. You may take all the odds you can imagine and be beaten up by every one and still remain the noob you are. So just shut your ####ty mouth like it was suggested.
75767, RE: That comes from the
You and I have entirely different playstyles... I dont play to get 300 and 30 as my ratio, at 700 hours... I play maybe... one character every 3-6 months, and take relatively long hiatus's... I make no intention of really developing my in-game knowledge of the mud because to me, it is relatively pointless, I come on CF to pk for a while, but for me, it doesn't ever manage to hold my interest longer then a month or two at best...

I play for roleplay primarily... you'll note I have some big-hitters on that department, Arkan Solaris probably being my most prominent in-game PC, by being the first Elf in Empire to be officially made a Blade and in the Bloodguard (An IC organization Grurk created within the Empire a looong time ago) who also got his specs back... if you want to boast about PK prowess, feel free to...

For me, I can't get any real RP out of this mud anymore, and I really don't care to take even 1-2 hours to gear/prep, its not what I play the game for...

I guess that's where we differ.

75771, RE: That comes from the
I don't understand one thing.. if somebody plays the other way than you, does it really make them so bad?

I can only applaud you for making elf in Empire.
75768, Wow, I really liked Ilvakihj. Now, seeing you post, not so much.
What I had originally taken for roleplay doesn't seem like such anymore.
75773, Pink glasses?
>Honestly... coming from one of the biggest disgraces in the
>pbase, your words mean ABSOLUTELY nothing

May be but I don't think your opinion means more.

>I tooled you left and right as Ajirkahn one vs one, when you were
>Ahtieli... and

I belive you are talking about pre lich. You know I made some searches in my logs... and given that your build was not easy for specter, you tooled me only once. As well as I tooled you twice in one on one. All other fights were when you had numbers. If it's "tooled you left and right as Ajirkahn one vs one" for you, I'm okey with it :P

>I think I maybe saw you take really bad odds once, without
>gathering a huge army + shawtabies...

Yea I should not use class abilities, because if I use them it's unfair :P

>All in all, your a lameass lich who really is a ####cat, if it
>takes you over an hour after you login into Thera, to face off
>against 3 fortress members, as a Lich... well, suffice to say,
>you should not be Empress if you are so easily cast aside
>after your army is torn apart...

Since you are such a great expert in liches. Yea I like to have army, so I can not only reraid but take few of you down or even raid you. Yes I like to have army because without it I hardly can defend vs 3 smart marans (depends who are they and my phylactery set of course).

>you have the ability to pretty much combine ever class in-game into one... the sheer

Who was your last lich? Do you think you know that much about liches or what Ahtieli could use that time?

>fact you constantly rely on your armies to do anything
>remotely worthwhile is lame.

I'm sure as hell will use class abilities if I want. I find it dumb when somebody bitch about it. That's just plain stupid.

I don't cry when you wait for 5 people to login so you could reraid vs 2 imperials? Or when you use other cabals to join 3-4 fortie man gang? More than that, I like such fights.

>I recommend you really think back on how you used to play...
>it would inspire far more respect from the pbase for you.

Most of pbase will hate me regardless. Before Ahtieli became lich everyone bitched about Satebos, now they got another target for bitching. Thing I find funny that there are just few a very vocal players, rest of pbase does not seem to be agree with them.

>As for courageous... name me one non-villager who was up to
>take the odds I was... certainly, it isn't a single one of
>your Imperials.

I have a long list of such people and villagers of course have much harder time than anyone else. (I'm not sure why you think otherwise)

It's quite dumb, of course I can not name imperials because I can see them only through lich emperor eyes, so if I lead them into a tough fight they have to go. That's why I could never tell if they are taking risks or they just have to.
75777, No, really, this is just funny..
Posted by Kjrorh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You tooled everyone..errm mind to answer how? I saw you dying to left and right.
75778, RE: No, really, this is just funny..
Coming from what I percieve as another one of the most useless presences on the MUD, I can say your opinion means less then Ahtieli's...

Repeatedly assassinating folks, when the pk range is 2-3 people, is really, really lame... you deserved your Anathema.
75779, I killed you without assassinate
so many times, solo, so its just pointless to say this.

And no, I do not spam kill. With few exception. You are one of those execptions. Coz of your ####talks.
75780, RE: I killed you without assassinate
If I recall correctly, you killed me, outside of an assassinate, maybe 3-4 times... I also recall killing you atleast once or twice as well... the key is, you always came prepped to the hilt, and when you did show, it was attacking me and putting me in a bad situation and fast... with how trances work now, its difficult for me to fight an assassin, simply b/c I dont know the ins and out of it... I know alot more now though having fought you consistently... I can say for certain, if we were equally prepped you'd stand no chance... my fault is that I cant play to prep to win... I guess thats why i'll be sticking to my RP muds for a while.
75781, Lol
I killed you more then 6 times

add 3-4 assassinations.

No. I wasn't prepped all the time. Perhaps 15% of it. You just don't know the #### about PK. Don't even try. I suggest you to play the herald.
75756, Weird, I got a lot better role-play from him then I did out of you with a couple of characters. n/t
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
gr
75717, This char had some of the worst OOC tells I've seen since Durendal:
Posted by Jolindar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Did I gank you? Yes I did. You were tough and I needed backup. Did I fall back from you one on one? Yes. Did you kill me one on one? Yes.

All that would've been fine, but the ooc tells calling me a fag and #### were a bit much.

You were skilled and fearsome, but your talk hurt you alot.
75719, Yeah, he did that to a lot of people. (n/t)
75720, Kanye? nt
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
75721, I don't know.
Although given the behavior, it wouldn't surprise me.
75725, RE: I don't know.
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sounds like I might need to break out the Paypal and purchase me a PBF!
75735, Nope, not Kanye. He doesn't play ATM.
He's shipping out to Iraq shortly, and about to have another kid. CF isn't really high on his list of priorities.
75726, Cosign
Posted by Jahfenar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
He gave me a lot of crap for taking his gloves.
75716, Holy crap, what happened? n/t
Posted by Serth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t