Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AUTO) [HERALD] Meirthaalz the Master of Ice
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=75626
75626, (AUTO) [HERALD] Meirthaalz the Master of Ice
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Jan 4 19:55:32 2009

At 11 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 30th of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Meirthaalz perished, never to return.
Race:arial
Class:invoker
Level:45
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:HERALD, the Heralds of the Eternal Star
Hours:141
75632, My favorite thing...
Posted by Etielise on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Is inducting someone and then having them never log in again.

Why even bother joining a cabal? It's a waste of your and the leader's time.
75669, Agreed.
Posted by Splntrd on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
For whatever reason, I'm not sure how often it happens in other cabals, but Herald is plagued by these. Slightly less noticeable but still painful are the ones that show up for a little while and act interested and then slip into a slow auto shortly after induct.

I really think this is just a symptom of people feeling as though their Herald characters are less important, less interesting, and less relevant to Carrion Fields nowadays. This trend of autodeleting Heralds just further reinforces my idea that Herald needs a slight re-purposing to become more relevant, or to provide greater incentives to its members to make a difference in the world. To a certain extent, Herald chars require a lot of self-motivation, because there just aren't a lot of incentives for them to do well, beyond Imm XP.

I don't currently have many concrete ideas on how to fix this but I think sooner or later I'm going to post ideas for a Herald revamp geared towards providing incentives and creating relevancy without sacrificing the core values of Herald.
75682, Five words (I think)
Posted by EXB_ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Inn of the External Star

Of course, many would argue against having the playerbase to support such an opposing cabal, but these folk would simply hate colorful things, most works of poetry, and etc

Power list?

Silence of the Mimes - your typical no-talk kind of power with the fun addition that your victim tries to talk the room would see:

"Bob begins emulating the inside of a box as he places his hands in front of his face one at time upon an invisible wall."

Eyes of Boredom - Your victim no longer sees color... enjoy the black and white for a bit I say!

Agonizing Song - If your victim tries to speak in any fashion, it now forwards to the music channel instead.

Costume - Your make-shift doppelganger power with some caveats. No PC's and only NPC's... plus the NPC must be a target in the room and you could only wander one area away... once past that the illusion would unravel as you "break character"

Farce of the Conversation - Also an idea based upon the old disperse with some new caveats. This power you would call upon and it basically sets up a timer in the caller's affects. During that timer, anyone who looks at the caller gets a hidden timer in their affects... at the end of the timer, poof... anyone who was taken in by the caller's charm is teleported away with some sort of clever message.

And yes, this was a mostly satirical post but I did enjoy writing it too.
75683, seems pretty entertaining!
Posted by Mek on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
asfsaf