Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [SCION] Jahfenar the Master of Dimension
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=75567
75567, (DELETED) [SCION] Jahfenar the Master of Dimension
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Jan 4 00:45:31 2009

At 6 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 35th of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Jahfenar perished, never to return.
Race:dark-elf
Class:transmuter
Level:48
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:115
75622, RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Jahfenar the Master of Dimension
Posted by Thomayen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were certainly tough. You always seemed to get a jump on me while training. At least the last time you did it with some style. That was pretty entertaining with the dark clouds and all the nightwalkers.
75581, Why
Posted by Jahfenar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I can't make a character without the Imm I'm going for either deleting or going AWOL. It's just a curse.

The game is just dry as hell to me, and this was a stab at a return, but I have no desire to make any further attempts. With a few exceptions, the entirety of this character's life was tedious.

I can't stand the way most people play the game nowadays, but I understand why they do it. I don't like the Russian monopoly on whatever cabal they choose to dominate for any given time period (namely, Empire). YMMV.

Anyway, done for good. I deleted zMUD and every scrap of info I had amassed about CF since 1996. I'm not mad at anyone, or the game. I'm just over it.

Take care.
75582, I know nothing about the character but
Posted by Iunna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm confused what imm you were trying to follow. I'm guessing they
were probably AWOL or deleted before you created the character,
so it was your decision to go that route, wasn't it?
75583, Nah
Hey keep the snide talk down please. If you're confused about what I mean, it's the way you choose to phrase things which is just meant to incite a bit of anger. Such as: "...so it was your decision to go that route, wasn't it?" What I really read there is: "...so it was your decision to go that route, wasn't it, dumbass?" Heh, you've always done this to people and sometimes I wonder if you even realize it. It just comes off as bitchy, that's all! :D

I was following Beroxxus, and after about a week spent with my character and some praying, I was informed that he was AWOL indefinitely.
75584, Heh, wasn't what I was getting at.
Posted by Iunna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It just sounded to me like you were surprised he was AWOL, and I didn't
see how that was possible considering how long it had been. I guess you
got your point across though.
75586, RE: Why
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Just out of curiosity...who are you again?
75587, Yeah I wanna know too.
Posted by Kads on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
75592, Just another whimpy bitch n/t
Posted by Elhe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
75593, or whiny bitch, whatever n/t
nt
75603, Shut up Elhe n/t
Posted by Kads on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thats all.
75607, I can not
too much russian vodka :)
75627, RE: Why
Posted by Maturin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Who are you Isuldur? I don't think your dossier has ever crossed my desk.

PS: Not the original poster.
75644, RE: Why
I post as 'Isildur' here and on Dio's. It's also in my AIM nick. I'm forthright about characters I've played.

When Jahfenar posts something about how he tried to come back, got fed up then decided to leave the game for good, that doesn't mean much to me unless I know "who" played the character.

Does that mean I need to know his real name and address? No. But it would be nice to know a forum identity and perhaps some past characters.
75591, Do you know
how many russians are at the Empire? I think you dont so shut the #### up and grow pair of balls.
75596, It's usually overestimated
Posted by Theerkla on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Partly because anyone clearly ESL gets considered to be a Russian. Russian's probably do make up the majority of the ESL players, but they do not account for all of them.

75599, Somehow I got thrown into the russian gang by some it seems...
Posted by Zefta on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And I'm a swede! Dammit! ;) (Though Elhe here for example knows the english language better than I do.)
75609, RE: Somehow I got thrown into the russian gang by some it seems...
Only because you are part of russian cheat ring! You are guilty =)
75605, RE: It's usually overestimated
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Partly because anyone clearly ESL gets considered to be a
>Russian.

I think this is dead on.

Yesterday I was taking a look at warcries of characters currently logged on. I spotted two in Empire that were obviously ESL. I just assumed they were Russians without giving it further thought.

It's become something of a self-perpetuating prophecy.
75608, RE: It's usually overestimated
>>Partly because anyone clearly ESL gets considered to be a
>>Russian.
>
>I think this is dead on.
>
>Yesterday I was taking a look at warcries of characters
>currently logged on. I spotted two in Empire that were
>obviously ESL. I just assumed they were Russians without
>giving it further thought.

Mind you they are not :P
75612, RE: It's usually overestimated
Statements like this perpetuate the myth. Why? Because saying these players aren't Russian implies you *know the characters of every Russian player*. That's shady.
75613, RE: It's usually overestimated
>Statements like this perpetuate the myth. Why? Because
>saying these players aren't Russian implies you *know the
>characters of every Russian player*. That's shady.

Actualy I don't, but I drink with russian players, so sometimes I know more than others :) Today I drank with two russian players! :) and 5 russian girls :)
75628, RE: It's usually overestimated
>>>Partly because anyone clearly ESL gets considered to be a
>>>Russian.
>>
>>I think this is dead on.
>>
>>Yesterday I was taking a look at warcries of characters
>>currently logged on. I spotted two in Empire that were
>>obviously ESL. I just assumed they were Russians without
>>giving it further thought.
>
>Mind you they are not :P

Okay, you got my curiousity up and I did the detective work on it. I can't say for 100% sure either of those characters are played by Russians, but they certainly are played from Russia. :)
75629, RE: It's usually overestimated
damn you for ruining my russian cheat ring leader authority :P
75631, Nice nt
asfsaf
75633, LOL. Thanks for information for non ESL players.
Posted by Beront on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks. :) No, I don't play one of imperials right now. So..

I am too lazy to find your other post about IPs. But now, everytime they (those mmmm non ESL mmmm) will try to reject the truth I will redirect them to this post ;) Its easy to find IP and the player behind the IP. And most of Imms, well, everyone of them, except avatars, use that knowledge ;)

PS: Not to bash you Nep, but if your wife will ask who is playing who - will you find it for her?

PPS: If Twist or any other imm will ask Ray, on immchannel, about who is playing who - will she answer?

PPPS: Please don't delete your post.
75636, RE: LOL. Thanks for information for non ESL players.
>Its easy to
>find IP and the player behind the IP.

It's not hard for imms above a certain level to get the numeric IP, no. It's also not that hard for anyone who knows the right bits of general internet knowledge to then do the minimal digging to find out what country that goes with. (Although I'll bet you most of the current staff doesn't know how.)

Matching that IP against logs to figure out current or past characters that have played from the same IP is also possible, but these days really only IMPs have access to the requisite tools anymore.

Something has to make me want to do this digging. It's not done automatically. If you log on a new character, no "OMG Beront!" message is sent to me or anyone else.

Technically it is possible for a mid-high level imm to methodically get the IP of each character on one by one each time they log on, paste them into some kind of evil Excel spreadsheet, and search it later to make a poor man's versions of the actual CF logs. I have no idea why anyone would want to waste that much time, though, and I'm pretty sure no one currently on staff is.

I'm not sure why you think this contradicts anything I've said before. I've never said we couldn't find these things out, only that there's a bit of work involved and we don't really do it unless there's a reason. Of course an IMP can figure out who's who if they really need to know -- how else would we manage any of the rules enforcement around multicharring?

>And most of Imms, well,
>everyone of them, except avatars, use that knowledge ;)

You'd have to be more than a bit higher than an avatar to have it.

In case it's escaped your notice, I generally don't want it to be trivial for any random imm to figure out what I'm playing, either. :)

>PS: Not to bash you Nep, but if your wife will ask who is
>playing who - will you find it for her?

Sure, up to a point. (Although dynamic IPs being what they are, the tools we have available aren't half as good for digging into the more than very recent past than you seem to think.)

The most common application is this, and I also do it for other imms who run a cabal: they're clearing out some dead weight from the cabal, and they want to know if a character whose hours have dropped off drastically is playing any other characters or just hasn't been able to log on at all. I'll then say something like, yes, they've been playing a new character 100 hours in the last two weeks instead of this one, or no, this seems to be their only character.

>PPS: If Twist or any other imm will ask Ray, on immchannel,
>about who is playing who - will she answer?

Twist is an IMP. He has access to the same tools I do. :)

>PPPS: Please don't delete your post.

I'm not sure why I would. You seem to think this is a grand admission but it's not any different from what I've actually said in the past. This is another area where I'm misquoted a lot.
75637, RE: Daevryn Quotes
Posted by Straklaw on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This whole post makes really makes me think of those ransom notes where they cut out parts of different books and make them into a sentance. It also makes me giggle a little overly much at the imagery of searching through various Daevryn posts, snipping various words, and making up Daevryn quotes like that.

Daevryn post 1: Players shouldn't cheat. When I catch them, I punish them, too.
Daevryn post 2: Yes, I played Cabdru.

Rewrite! Yes, I *snip* cheat. When I *snip* played Cabdru *snip* ", too."

Daevryn misquote: Yes, I cheat. When I played Cabdru, too.

Playerbase: OMG! DAEVRYN CHEATZORS!!!

Hehehe
75656, RE: LOL. Thanks for information for non ESL players.
Posted by Lyristeon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I only use it to catch cheating or borderline iffyness. Borderline iffyness being lame names, prejudiced playing, etc. If it's a repeat offender of these things, the Imps may name them. The funny thing is, more times than not, when I find them, it's someone that I have found before. Not so much with the cheating, but quite often with the iffyness.
75616, Call me thick but
Posted by Daurwyn2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What is ESL?

Empire Sect Leader? or English Second Language?
75619, RE: Call me thick but
English Second Language

Empire sect leader russian does not happen often :)
75642, RE: It's usually overestimated
Posted by Jagaub on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That's funny. I sometimes play poker with a couple of guys that we've nicknamed "The Russians". One is from Lebanon and the other is from Romania.
75597, The question is, do you know?
Posted by RussianLover on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'll have to say yes.

Russians have a lengthy rapsheets, and the ESL-esque speech patterns give them away. Are you honestly surprised that people accuse the majority of Empire players (or active Empire players) to be russians?

BTW, Russian girls are HOT! HAWT!!
75610, RE: The question is, do you know?
After dreanking vodka with some russian girls, I must admit, they are HOT! :)
75602, That of course begs the question
Posted by Theerkla on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Do you know how many Russians are in empire, and if so how?
75611, RE: That of course begs the question
I'm teh leader of russian cheat ring, I know everything! :)
75630, Wrong. I am teh leader. You're just my figurehead.
Posted by IvanDrago on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I love yous Elhe!
75617, Sure
You're full of ####.
75620, RE: Sure
Suck my russian amaizing long #### :) I can count about 2-4 russians in Empire, does not seem like end of the world :)
75600, Not to be insulting
I'm sure you have your reasons for leaving, but honestly, members like you are why scion is in trouble.

Khratetch is now showing more leadership, but there's not a lot he can do with the kind of member that deletes because he is bored and can't get immteraction. What did you do to try to make it more interesting? Did you try anything challenging?
75615, It's alright
No offense taken. I can see how it might appear that way at a glance. And it's not just boredom, but annoyance (not at the imms - the annoyance is towards some players). I've done so many "challenging" things over the years, and yeah this guy was at times.

Here's what would cure Scion (and the game at large) of a lot of its woes: Enforce a strict one-character per player limit.

Less fair-weather crap would happen.
75618, I'd be in favor of this
I just don't know how you could enforce it, in practice.

Also, whilst I don't pick the character I play in order to have a nice range, if I have a high stakes char (e.g. charged ap), I quite like to have another that I can afford to explore somewhere with, or something. Otherwise I just can't log on whilst tired, because I know I'll make a mistake, and if that costs me a 50+ charge weapon, that's a lot of work thrown away. So at times like that, I prefer to just go look around some area I don't know well.
75601, Seems weird to me
Posted by Narissa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That this is a non-empowered character. I've always thought Imm lovin' is a bonus, not a mandatory. I'm sorry if you didn't get any Immteraction with this character. Perhaps it's the holiday seasons. Perhaps the ganging. But I've always thought Scions were kinda of loners and pkers type?

Anyway, take a rest and after a few days, you'll feel better. And you'll be back in no time to kick their sorry ass.

Oh btw, how about playing a rogue now? Seems like the new 'in' thing. I can see lots of ganking, since thieves do well with circle, knife and cheapshots.

Sometimes being on the winning side is easier and makes it fun. At times, it bores the character that I delete.
75604, Graatch?
Posted by Kadsies on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Deleting a hero dark-elf scion transmuter because your "imm" is unresponsive or deleted makes about as much sense as going off because someone requested your ivory unicorn pendant.

75614, That was only part of it
The main reason is just that CF isn't the same for me anymore. It lost its luster. It's still there for others, just not me. That's all.

And I'm serious about me being cursed when it comes to my chosen imms. It has happened consistently for oh...5 years or so. It's freakish, but that's not what made me throw in the towel.

One thing that would be nice is if the imms would spice up scion life a bit. The cabal just seems so utterly dead. I realize you are all stretched thin, and there has to be an inclination...but man it's so far from what I remember it being.
75621, RE: That was only part of it
Scion's understandably on the rocks, considering Eshval just left and Beroxxus is AWOL. Not long ago, before Eshval left, scions were getting lots of interaction. It comes and goes.
75624, FWIW I liked you
Posted by Kassibaz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Always had a good dark-elf RP from you. Take some time off, come back and try not to follow an IMM it can help sometimes.

75579, So what gives?
Posted by Pzuryxal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Why the delete?
75573, Ooh man, I was SO looking for revenge...
Posted by Iegob on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
After you took my wide copper ;) hehehe

Why the delete? Scion sure does need the boost...
75572, RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Jahfenar the Master of Dimension
Posted by Zhurn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
so that time in the battlefields, was actually not a misstake: - )
75569, Bah, was hoping to have some fun with you.
Posted by Ikda on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
To bad our playtimes didn't overlap that well.
Good luck with your next.
75568, :(. Aw. I really really liked you, as much as I could at least. You were a classy scion. nt
Posted by Wellinar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
f