Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [NEXUS] Shilbor the Legend of the Battlefield
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=75431
75431, (DELETED) [NEXUS] Shilbor the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Jan 1 10:55:34 2009

At 1 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 2nd of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Shilbor perished, never to return.
Race:dwarf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:85
76376, By the way
Posted by Twist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm somewhat saddened that someone bought Shilbor's sadass PBF but nobody bought Bonthos'.

Other than the disco-band-name role subjects, Shilbor's PBF may go down as one of the most boring of all time.

Meanwhile, I think Bonthos' role is quite an interesting read, though not for the squeamish.
76393, Maybe I'm just weird.. but I always bought my own PBFs..
Posted by Java on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Cheap ass Imms. ;)
76402, RE: Maybe I'm just weird.. but I always bought my own PBFs..
Posted by Enlilth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Times is hard yo. I had to sell my dog's last testicle for beer money yesterday. WOE!
76406, And it's deliscious, thank you very much! n/t
Posted by Stunna1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
sdf
75433, Bloody Yarh!
Posted by Booorstone on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were always about when I was about. It was like we were brothers of some kind. Always willing to mix it up with the enemies and seemed to just have an endless knowledge of the game. You helped me some in that regard, so thanks for that, and thanks for being a solid dwarf to be around.

GLWN!
75436, Meh. Again.
Yeah, just really wasn't feeling the char. Really disappointed in my legacies and such.

The original concept was to make an all-out damage machine. Get a full set of Dern, couple fire opals or bloodstone rings, good neckwear, wide coppers, etc. Forgecraft to make for two good damage maces, then berserk+chilling - trying to break 100 on the damroll.

The original "plan" was to take cry of thunder to max out on damroll and put me over the 100 dam barrier. But then a few things made me decide to take whispers instead. Shoulda gone with cry. Whispers is a great legacy, esp. for dwarf war with 1300+ hp, but it simply doesn't help in PK the way I play.

That, plus the fact that I ate some deaths I really shouldn't have, plus the fact that I couldn't hit an assassin with maces when I wasn't maledicted at all and he wasn't hasted or anything...meh.

Totally wish I'd have chosen one or both of your legacies, Booorstone. I think you've got a really interesting and potentially powerful build going. I wish you luck.

As for others:
Grunta - yeah didn't feel too cool about killing you with Cyrn like that, but Shilbor's role wasn't really about courage/honor. And there WERE 5 of you in pk in the area. The amount of bitching about it afterwards did leave a little bit of a bad taste in my mouth. I think you'd gain more respect if you simply made one comment about it and then left it. The constant taunting/whining was really bleh.

Hask - nice job. I really should've left and then come back when healed but I figured hell, I have 680 hp, that's plenty. Sure it was only 50% but it's probably about what you had left, considering you were somewhat hurt. But yeah owaza still kicks ass based on hp%, so very nice work.

Teraxul - fun fights.

Tokegein (sp?) - Your particular build/gear were just such a terrible matchup against me, I sorta felt bad attacking you. The time on eastern I went for you instead of Teraxul because he was already fighting. Nice escape. Can't believe cranial missed you right outside the giant. Grrr.

Oclessin - thanks for bitchranking my sorry ass. Hope I showed you some stuff you hadn't seen.

Rashar - thanks for the induct. Our times didn't match up much after that, but I think you're doing a solid job.

Cyrn - you've got skillz. Was fun running with you for the short times we did.

Ilix - also skilled. Less fun running with you because we couldn't bond so it was just sorta two of us with Vanguard and you outdamaged me, which hurt considering the original intent of the char. :P

Silin (sp?) - We grouped a couple of times toward the end there, that was fun.

Chittaswarup - Thanks for the help the couple of times we were able to get together.

Kassibaz - Good luck now that you've entered hero range. You've got skills. Thanks for the recommendation :).

It's funny how my playtimes were, balance-wise. - I never actually raided Fort, and only Empire once or twice, because things were generally "balanced" when I was on. The one time that I recall things being unbalanced, when I was a hero, was really weird. You've got like 5 hero goodies, 3 hero nexuns, a couple hero ragers, and Ahtieli. And Darkness and Order are both overpowering. So 2 fort and 3 nexus go try to kill the one orderly evil guy in range. We almost did it too. :P

Oh, Zizzle - you rock. Two chars in a row now that you've sold really nice stuff to at a reasonable price. Thanks. :)

I'm sure I forgot some folks - and a lot of the people I leveled with extensively have deleted now - Xux and Skur stick out.

On to the next. Hopefully more successful than this one. Bleh.
75438, Ugh I say!
Posted by Oclessin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The plans I had! Oh well, since I am still active, they will have to wait.
75440, Well shucks
Posted by Kassibaz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I saw the cb "theres some good stuff if the pit" and lord knows my ignorance and said "oh well a nudist svirf". Then Boor filled me in on what you gone and done did. Shame on you!

On a more serious note, Im glad I recommended you. You said what needed to be said, and well... blew past me in the guild *fistshake* but honestly, come back to us! Anyway I saw you fight a few times and I kept thinking 'he is so close to being grossly good' and just never coming over the hump. From your goodbye I think you noticed that 2. But it was a pleasure and feel free to make Nexan again lord twists cough (invoker) cough (mage) cough.

GLWTN
75443, RE: Meh. Again.
Posted by Rashar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Good stuff. It sucks that my job is the type that sometimes means I'll be gone without notice for several days at a time, so I didn't hang out with you much. I'm sure I could have learned a ton just from watching you a little bit.

Looking forward to seeing whatever you come up with next. I haven't met any of your characters I didn't like a lot. (Not that I've met many, ha.)
75450, Bitching...
Posted by Grunta on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry you thought I was bitching... Having fought you before I knew you were a skilled opponent and knew you didn't need anyone else to come strike at me. What riled me up was that you went and made excuses for it. If you had simply said something along the lines of "I did what I needed/wanted to do to maintain the Balance", I would have accepted it. What you did was start lying and saying that 4 villagers came in to gang you immediately afterwards - and based on the Battle CB chatter, that did not occur.

Anyways, if we're referring to the same incident, you two didn't kill me outright - I ended up getting away with like 25hps, and walked into Valdora who finished me off.

Also, Cyrn is a gank whore. So I should have seen it coming anyways.

No problem either way. I killed Twist! Go me.
75454, RE: Bitching...
Posted by Cyrn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

I told shilbor where every villager was. He went to fight you in galadon. All the others were very near. He was coming as we were going to fight you. When I flew to him he was in combat with you. So I just shifted and joined in. And yes--every other villager faught us as I knew was going to happen immediately. Did you not hear the yells as you fled and the others attacked immediately after? There are 5 of you and 2 of us.
75456, RE: Bitching...
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
As someone neither in nexus or village, I have witnessed some pretty shameful nexus ganks in recent days. Enough to make me wonder if it is the same group of players that were, until recently, ganking as members of a different cabal, who I no longer see playing.
75459, Name the most shameless of them.

Im interested to hear.
75460, Tiamat doesnt count, btw(even tho we failed everytime). nt
nt
75464, Can't
Posted by Daurwyn2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Since all are active characters.

And on top of that, if you knew who saw certain situations, you would know who I am playing.
75471, Even a blind man finds water. And you're not blind.
Posted by DaBull on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You're not wrong.
75457, Heard no yells...
... but then again I was out of Galadon within seconds of fleeing. Anything is possible, I guess.

I'm not going to continue this with you on the forums.

75466, Well, I didn't lie...
Immediately after you fled, I got attacked by two of the 5 that were nearby. A third was there and, looking back at the log, I don't think he attacked us, I think I vitaled at him thinking he was in combat. So that's my bad. And then a fourth came in and blindness dusted. Then Cyrn flew away leaving my ass against 4. :P I fled, quaffed a teleport (while blind) and later realized I'd teleported to the Weald (Cyrn found my sadass and led me out). Good thing all of the guys I'd just been fighting didn't check there. :)

But anyways we did plan out attacking that way because there were so many of you nearby. *shrug*
75468, Didnt mean to leave you

I said to get out(i was blind) and waited a round or two as I was dying fast. Saw someone flee. Then flew out. Sorry about that.
75490, Heh...
If you read my post thoroughly, I try to give you credit for saving my dwarven ass right after leaving me, so I figured it more than made up for it. :P

I would've/should've fled but I saw your "out?" as a question like "should we get out?" or "should I revert and word you?" I missed whether you were blind or not, and didn't realize you were asking me "are you out?"

Hell, I even replied "out." before fleeing, so I'm sure you thought I was safe. :)
75469, No problems here.
I'm used to getting ganked. 2 on 1 isn't something to complain about. I mean, I was able to get away afterall. However, running like a headless chicken into a Valdora quicksand deathtrap immediately afterwards caused me to throw a taunt your way. Didn't really mean for it to escalate to "bitching" - but every time you responded trying to justify it, it made it worse.

Again, no need for you to explain yourself - Nexus is all about "the bond" and not exploiting it would be silly on your part. I wish there were viable bondmates when I played my Nexun.

Shilbor by himself was enough for me to handle as it was. Good char. Sorry I left you a sour taste.

If you have the log of you attacking me on Mount Calyadryl, that skeletony place, (sp?) and you're posting logs, feel free.

I had just recently gotten Rager powers and that was one of my first fights with them - good adrenalin rush.

75491, You mean the asskicking you sent my way?
Yeah, I'll post it at some point. I don't have a lot of logs with Shilbor, but that's one I'll definitely post.
75495, I got lucky. And you were over-eager.
It's hard to land kills with Grunta's build. A shame.
75455, Enjoyed the short bond time

We bonded for one of many crazy encounters that could happen had you stayed around. I think we both knew going into galadon we might get a kill or very much die horribly. The only way I can really kill someone is by utilizing grizzly. But when there are many opponents its very hard to survive long in that form. Thankfully I have the hummingbird which allows me to try to take blows--eventually goes down as it eventually misses a dodge and actually does little damage the entire time.

Im suprised though they did not kill you as you sat as a sitting duck in the weald after your teleport.

As for bonthos as I never commented there. I always wanted to suicide my flag off to him in those times. But I could never justify giving free charges to someone. It just never would feel right.
75461, What you imms should do
Posted by Somedude on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Is play a character in the enemy cabals of the ones you run. That way you can see the panzy ass #### some of them do with your own eyes. Suprised you wasnt leader of the cabal, I mean aint that how you do it most of the time. Oh let me play a character and oh how bout I take leader spot and oh yeah let me use my imm knowledge to get things other people have no idea where they are. And the getting things through Imm knowledge wouldnt be so bad if you all would just take people with you when you do it so the knowledge gets out into the playerbase. You remind me of Nep.
75462, loltroll. cry more nubby.~
Posted by Aodh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
75463, Lol, what a twink
Posted by JMCC on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Notwithstanding the fact that it's Twist and he has an awesome track record....

He played Galtholinicus (sp?) - Non leader - Battle.

His rp is top notch as well as his pk. And I've had all his #### at one time with one of my charac. Does that make me a cheater?

75465, Huh?
1) Was this character ever leader?
2) Twist doesn't abuse imm knowledge, far as I know. In fact, I know that when he played Hunsobo he watched my ap Victoria (an enemy of his) a lot. But he never made use of the countless things he must have learnt from watching.
75474, This is me being the bigger person:
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I know who you are and I am soooooooo tempted to let you have it, but I'm not going to at this point.

Anyway, there's a periodic vote for Nexus leadership. I don't think Shilbor campaigned for it the last time it was up. I'm not even sure why you think an imm would even want to be the cabal leader -- if we actually want for some reason to deal with interviews and beating the bad members of a cabal into shape, we already can.
75510, Its kinda funny really.....
Posted by Somedude on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Honestly I was just bored and figured I would throw something out to get a rise out of folks and it seems it worked. Honestly I have nothing against Twist or any of the other imms who run the game. Just wanted to see how many of you would go off about what I said lol
On that note.....Twist I never got to interact with this character but I believe I have interacted with several others you had, never on a bad note. Nep on the other hand abused alot of his imm knowledge to gain alot of things most people have not seen in years or have never seen. I do disapprove of that but its not my place to call him out and say what a douche he is. Its their game if Nep wants to cheat that way to feel better about his character thats fine. And my final statement is I do enjoy playing this game and I think alot of the changes being made and that have been made have made the game better (not all of them) but some. Anyway keep it up
And all your forum trolls keep flaming panzy asses
75520, Wow. You are so cool!
Can I be like you and get a kick out of trolling too?
75530, RE: Its kinda funny really.....
Soooo much trolling.

Your version of the events isn't mine, and I'd bet yours also isn't based on anything firsthand.
75477, Yeah, yell at the IMMs who...
Posted by LarcatNeyv on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Actually take credit for their characters. Cause that will, you know, really encourage imms to be open about who and what they play, etc etc.

####ing dumbass.
75478, More on this...
Posted by LarcatNeyv on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You know what, I can understand yelling at Nep or Sebeok or etc. I don't AGREE with it, but I can understand it.

But Twist? What the hell?

Twist and Kasty add as much or more to the game when they play morts as they do during their copious time logged on as Imms. Without people like that playing morts, CF is just as pointless as it would be without IMMs empowering people and handing out IMM xp and etc etc.

I should note that this is coming from a guy who got dressed down by Twist with my last mort for messing up a pk. He vissed and told me I was pathetic, and you know what? He was right.

Would you want to spend time playing Morts, or for that matter playing your IMM char with people posting stuff like this on the forums?

Check your head and get a little thankfulness and humility.

75481, Actualy I would be happy to see how Twist's
Posted by Ahtieli2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
mort could lead this cabal.
75483, Furthermore
Posted by daurwyn2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm pretty sure Cabdru did show other people stuff about the silent tower. I happened to be playing Gerandiel (paladin) at the time so I wasn't one of them, but I heard he took some other characters there, or at least taught them a thing or two.

On top of that, I know from first-hand experience that Nep will indeed teach morts about his areas. For example, he sent me a dream as Victoria (ap) that helped teach me something subtle about an area. I have heard he has done similar things with silent tower as an imm. I'm guessing it was him as well that helped me deal with a bug whilst I was in there with my mino warrior. (I stripped weapons from mobs, and they filled up my inventory, but I couldn't drop them or manipulate them in any way.)
75487, Generally...
I'll show people stuff as much as it makes sense for the character I'm playing. Something like most Fortress characters, you're going to get a lot out of me because probably what I'm playing has every motivation to help you. Something like a Cabdru who's chaotic evil and largely distrustful of even most of his own cabal, you're probably not going to get much information unless you've won some degree of my trust or if it genuinely benefits me in some way. (Although you're right that some info did come out of even him.)

75467, Liked what I Saw
Posted by Xux on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were one of the better groupmates I had and the rp was consistent. Also I liked that your upholding the balance didnt involve backstabbing. You always knew where you stood with Shilbor.

I also took Whispers and loved it so long as my con was max. Whenever it slipped below it definately make healing take longer. It would be nice if it continued to work as if your con was max even if it isnt. Either that or it really is only useful for high wis races who have the wise recovery edge.

glwyn

--Xux
75470, Can Whispers be wis-based with wise recovery?
Posted by WisBased on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The "other" forum said no. Just recently, actually.

Whispers with Wise Recovery and Gnome wisdom - would it recover as quickly as Whispers with Dwarf maxxed con?
75473, RE: Can Whispers be wis-based with wise recovery?
I think it would.
75479, RE: Can Whispers be wis-based with wise recovery?
Posted by Splntrd on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the helpfile says Wise Recovery only kicks in when not bloodied, whereas good CON helps to some degree all the time.
75485, Correct, Zefta had whispers + wise
Posted by Zefta on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And the healing was improved ALOT when not bloodied. :D
75486, RE: Can Whispers be wis-based with wise recovery?
True enough. I was assuming the optimal case for both.
75482, This time
Posted by Ahtieli2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was sure it is your char. :P

>It's funny how my playtimes were, balance-wise. - I never
>actually raided Fort, and only Empire once or twice, because
>things were generally "balanced" when I was on. The one time
>that I recall things being unbalanced, when I was a hero, was
>really weird. You've got like 5 hero goodies, 3 hero nexuns, a
>couple hero ragers, and Ahtieli. And Darkness and Order are
>both overpowering. So 2 fort and 3 nexus go try to kill the
>one orderly evil guy in range. We almost did it too. :P

I'm glad there is that part "almost" :P. Still think I'm way too conservative?
75492, I think you've improved greatly in that department...
...but then I'm rarely around during your playtimes, so I've only seen the tailend of your logins. I happen to know your playtimes, so I know the truth, but if I *didn't*, a lot of the times it would look like you were quitting out because your range was unfavorable.

Again, I know that isn't the case. I also know that it can look the same way for my chars - there were times when I *had* to logoff as Hunsobo, and the range was looking very very ugly. Or very "target-rich", depending on your perspective }(.
75484, Damn died to Twist again
Posted by lurker on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
At least I've been dying to some quality players and not all n00bs.

Never got to get revenge on you but you didn't seem to want to give me a straight up fight at the time.

Make something new to pwn me with my pants down.