Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Irhedieh the Guardian of the Earth
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=75105
75105, (DELETED) [None] Irhedieh the Guardian of the Earth
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Dec 15 13:00:19 2008

At 11 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 14th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Irhedieh perished, never to return.
Race:arial
Class:ranger
Level:44
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:95
75109, Thanks all.
Posted by Irhedieh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Had a blast, thanks for all the fun. My wife and I are having a baby (being induced this Wednesday) so I need to hang up the hobbies for a bit. It's our first, so, cheerio and here we go.

Irhedieh was a fun character, I don't recall having any bad moments with him (no massive loots, good roleplay with people I killed and that killed me, enjoyable ranking, and so on).

The character was intended to be a short-lived, have-some-fun type character. I wanted to test out the mountaineer and beastmaster builds after having played a ton of old-school rangers and a few new ones. It's a solid combo. I could complain some, and just might, in a separate post, but overall I was extremely satisfied.

Thanks Nepenthe for the aspiarist edge. Glad to be caught roleplaying, eh.

Lyr - appreciate all the quests, even the ones I didn't participate in. Deathweek was fun, made me (and I think many others) take chances and push the envelope more past prudence to try and snag one more pk. Fun times.

Oh, I rolled this character long before I knew of Bok. We might have had similar goals but I was no Bok 2.0. That's right, Scrimbul. :P

Orcs - go orcs. I wanted to help rank you guys but there were very few in my range. Alz, man, keep it up.

Scion - Khratrech and Mel, enjoyed the few interactions.

Empire - Ahtieli, likewise. Ikbe, good luck to you, too.

Battle - Grenshen, man, we were bros in the 20s-30s. I hate that you deleted, I wanted to be a battle-fanboy. Elleryne, you walked into me so many times it became hard to not kill you repeatedly. Enjoyed the chats though.

Spire - I thought about applying. Ah well.

Fortress - Ilv, good job. That kill on you in the 40s was way smooth, too bad I couldn't replicate it. You hit hero and got some great gear and I was out of my league at that point. Ciel, what a headache, lemur/hummingbird is so annoying. I tried not to poach Fortress and did a pretty good job of that, only set 4 or 5 snares outside of it.

Outlanders - weren't a whole lot of you. The druids usually punished me. Korin, you're playing the build I wanted to try out next. I hope it goes well, I'll be rooting for you. Ceyraia, you're getting better. Legacies go a long way. The handful of Outties I killed...suckas. Oh, and Demari, I killed you, purposefully, but I have the log showing I didn't loot you. 'Revenge' looting blows, man, when the person you're taking revenge on never did anything to begin with.

Nexus - good luck Rashar.

Others - Zizzle cracks me up.

Have fun, all. I'll try and pick up and play when I get time in the future.

The Forsaken / Dal
75110, Terrain and Expertise.
Cloud of wasps has a terrible failure rate. No change necessary though.

Serpentkin has an even worse failure rate. Great skill, though, but I think it should be one round of lag instead of two.

Bearkin is decent enough but I'd like to see them rake claws or bearcharge or slice (for bleeding) or kick dirt or just something.

Wolfkin, didn't use much as I spent most of my time in lower 40s learning the skill set.

Predator's stance is really nice until you hit 40. Then, the damage bonus greatly tapers out. The skill seemed only useful for the occasional gnome/svirf and for killing mobs.

Boreal wind seemed ok but I can't think of a time I'd ever use it in pk. Maybe when maledicted so using only hands and cloud of wasps and wolfkin are already called...? Good for ranking, I guess.

Bearcharge is great as always. I still can't believe the people that complain it is weak. The bonus bearcharge in mid-combat is cool but rare enough to be only a minor boost. I dig it though, it helped me once. :)

Ambush seemed a bit weaker for mountaineers but that could be because I didn't hit 51 and my damroll was usually 32 - 35. I would like to see waylay have the ambush modifiers (disarm, fade, etc).

Surefooting never seemed to do anything. It didn't reduce bash lag that I noticed and it didn't cause bashes to miss as what I thought it might do.

Losing barkskin actually disappointed me. No scrolls or prot heat/cold also sucked. Seems like a good tradeoff though for the other perks of the build.

Mountains are a great terrain, though. 35+ pk'ing is pretty advantageous due to the many ranking areas and area around the Fortress. It made catching prey not too terrible, even though my impatience put me in some delicate positions. So, no complaint there.

Lastly, I think a human would do better than an arial with this build. Cloud, yes, best, but human second. Arial was fun though. I eventually grew tired in that for a ranger, every pk is pretty much going to go the same way. Ambush into a snare and another ambush, waylay bearcharge, and on the rare event hit someone with wasps. The few drawn out fights (like with Korin or Ceyraia) were definitely the most entertaining, even though I did get pissed that serpentkin and wasps kept failing.

Toodles.
75111, I didnt see much of you...
Posted by Cielandaicyl on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Times must not mesh or you are camoed when about.

Would have given you some action but the one time I saw you we were midraid....

Your logs were good to read though.

75117, RE: Terrain and Expertise.
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

>Surefooting never seemed to do anything. It didn't reduce
>bash lag that I noticed and it didn't cause bashes to miss as
>what I thought it might do.

It does make bashes miss more often; however, it also works less well if you're flying. Which, you know, arial ranger and all...
75119, Hilarious.
Thanks for clearing that up. I sure would have taken inherent flight down in more fights (not just invoker fights) had I put that together. Heh.
75114, Aww
Posted by Korin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That was an exciting fight! After the bugs were done with me I was ready to get back out there but it was late/early. It is not often I run out of mana before I run out of hp, esp. as a ranger, but that's probably a good thing.

I was looking forward to more entangle/wasp duels (your wasps were truly frightening, btw), and just the paranoia of having some non-lich, non-emperor hunting me while camo'd. Good times.

Best of luck with the spawn, and see you in the fields.
75116, Nice character
Posted by Serth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That death on eastern road was really untimely for you. Hopefully it'll happen against more characters - this one is really experimental, and I have this idea on how to approach pk, but it's pretty difficult.

I was impressed that you came after us in the forest - reminds me of something I would do.

Good luck with your baby! What's her/his name going to be?
75121, Funny, that.
The intention was to shrug in real life and type flee. I instead typed shrug and didn't flee at all, thinking the shrug was my flee. Few more bashes and we know how that went...stab on a lightning dagger got me more than any other skill/spell/sup.

I got impatient in Mal'trakis. I wanted the pks for deathweek (was way short of my goal) and thought I could flush you guys out into my snare. Looked like you sat it out much better than I'm ever able to. Add in a few headhunters, bash...ugh.

Carsten will be his name.