Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Gravan the Force of Nature
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=75040
75040, (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Gravan the Force of Nature
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Dec 13 01:22:32 2008

At 4 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 8th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Gravan perished, never to return.
Race:wood-elf
Class:druid
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:159
75078, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Gravan the Force of Nature
Posted by Gravan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fun character, mostly.

I haven't played CF in what seems like forever, but I had always wanted to play a druid. This was my comeback character/test druid. I did put a lot of effort into roleplaying at first, but it eventually started to feel forced and one-dimensional. I got lazy on the RP side. On the PK side, I really started to get it down toward the end. Druids are a really odd but potentially insanely lethal class. The vast majority of my kills did not involve sunray and the vast majority of people who killed me were heavy melee classes.

Some stuff has changed since my last character, but I still felt surprisingly comfortable running around. I even managed to run circles around some people who were trying to escape, though I'm sure pathfinding helped.

I don't feel like I really connected with anyone inside or outside Outlander. I had a few cool enemies, like Bwaadn (except for that one rant..) and Melertosiceo or whatever.

Baerinika, thanks for the empowerment and interaction. I enjoyed it greatly. Wish I could have done more, but I just got bored and burned out.

Outlander, overall, is pretty nice. I'm gonna miss chameleon. It's probably much my own fault, but few characters really stood out to me. Liering was an exception...

I thought up a few new roles and character ideas, so you might be seeing more of me. Just not in Outlander. Thanks all.
75095, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Gravan the Force of Nature
Posted by Bwaadn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks for fun! You forced me to run how I seldom ran from whom any.
Each time it was pleasure fight with you.
75103, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Gravan the Force of Nature
Thank you too. That one time you got me on the Aryth had me smacking my forehead. Good luck with your next, too... maybe we'll be on the same side this time!
75134, Ohh Great
Posted by Edika on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And I don't even get a mention. We ranked for so long and everytime you were on, I knew I going to see some lvling action. Then one morning, you passed me.

I think I was your only known City-Loving Assassin who always wanted to group with you. We almost got in a tussle because of a cow...haha

GLWYN
75136, Sad to see you go
Posted by Ahtieli2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were druid who did not afraid to mix it up. That's why I've tried to return as much equipment as possible(I don't think I took a single piece from your corpse).

I was surprised when you beated my ass at centurions, I did not expect you will be that tough so did not prep up as I should have.

Very well done.

Good luck with your next and I hope to meet you again as one of my enemies.
75247, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Gravan the Force of Nature
Posted by Lierieng on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
For a test druid you had a good handle on the class. I enjoyed having you around even if we didn't do anything together outside of discuss druid stuff.

If you come back to the class again, dam reduction preps for the heavy melee classes and a lot of hit and run goes a long way.
75063, Jmc? n/t
Posted by Elhe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
75077, RE: Jmc? n/t
Err.. what? Is that a guess as to who played this char? I don't know who JMC is, but I hope that's not an insult.
75081, No no
Posted by Elhe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's not insult in any way. Just solving one riddle =)
75055, Lame!
Posted by Valdora on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Why delete? You were certainly a competent player, and considering they way things are now, that is saying alot. With so few of us Outlanders at hero range, its gonna be rough losing one of our better players. You will be missed. Good luck with your next.
75044, We had some fun fights!
Posted by Zefta on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Though I still regret not going after you + that cloud ranger near the keep. A shame you deleted. Personally I've always wanted to try out druids. :D