Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Bonthos the Fist of Darkness, Magistrate of Hamsah Mu'tazz
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=74900
74900, (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Bonthos the Fist of Darkness, Magistrate of Hamsah Mu'tazz
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Dec 9 12:46:11 2008

At 11 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 11th of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Bonthos perished, never to return.
Race:fire
Class:anti-paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:197
74901, Meh.
Posted by Twist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Another "ok" char for me. I really really dug the role - in case nobody buys the PBF, it played off the seven deadly sins, but Bonthos saw each of those sins as a way to gain Strength rather than something to avoid.

I really should have stayed at 40th longer to get more than just fire control. And to have more PK action. I found myself logging in the past 5 nights to see plenty of enemies, but they weren't enemies I could go cabalraid (Fort), or I couldn't find them (my own fault). It's a lot easier to find people when you know they are out leveling. :P

But once I got fire control, I was like "I GOTTA see this working!" and started to level LAMMF. Bleh.

I really probably should have stuck it out and tried for Scion, but I got *so* tired of getting stalked by 35-36th level assassins and having no real allies, that I caved and took the "easy" route.

In that, I was an ok Trib. Mostly not corrupt, definitely up for retrieving, more up for raiding than most anyone else, and on duty about 50% of the time (which is about average looking at the current tribs).

Speaking of the current tribs....what tribs? :P

This was my first AP, really, ever. I mean I've played them up to level 25 before and played with cleave, but never had one with UB, or any of that. It was more of an experimental char anyways, but I'm sorta sad to see him go. I just found myself logging in, trying to find a fight that I had a chance of winning (with my massive +1+1 unholy woo!), failing, and deciding to go do something else.

Ah well. On to my next char, I s'pose!

BTW thanks to all who I interacted with, and esp. thanks for all of the various immlove. Cool quests, Lyristeon.
74902, RE: Meh.
Posted by Lierieng on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I knew this was coming. Makes me sad, you were fun to fight and always up for a fight. The balls you had, wow. Most of the reason I didn't insect you in our last fight, no reason to go all out since I wanted you to stick around. Sorry about sacing your weapon. I always feel bad sacing an a-p's unholy, but wth am I supposed to do?

Having fought a ton of a-p's, for your first, I say well done sir.

P.S. I'm sure it was mainly from frustration and convenient log in times on my part, but I don't scout or time the moon cycle and I'm always up for running around regardless of the phase (full moon is one of my least favorite cycles btw).
74935, Here was the weapon
732hp 1016m 818mv 26000tnl (-24.40%) 11 AM outdoor forest clear full order all drop flail
The Treant drops the Black Flail of Dark Whispers.
Ok.

732hp 1016m 818mv 26000tnl (-24.40%) 11 AM outdoor forest clear full l
The Circle of Thorns
You are walking on a narrow ledge that protectively encircles the Tree of
Ages. The ledge is hewn into the great tree itself, and from the edge,
massive thorns have erupted, forming an impassable barrier around the
tree against anyone who would try to arrive here save up the main entrance.
The ledge has thus become known as the Circle of Thorns, the way by which
the associate enclosures of the Outlander Refuge may be safely reached.
The Circle of Thorns rounds the Tree of Ages to the west and east. To
the north, you may enter the sacrosanct hollow of the Tree of Ages itself,
while to the south an organic wooden ramp formed of the tree begins to
slope downwards towards the ground.

(Iron) Hushed whispers of grating evil emanate from this black flail.
A huge tree has uprooted itself at the bidding of Lierieng.

732hp 1016m 818mv 26000tnl (-24.40%) 11 AM outdoor forest clear full co transmute flail
You furrow your brow as you look through your possessions.
The transformation of the Black Flail of Dark Whispers is a complete success.

732hp 916m 818mv 26000tnl (-24.40%) 11 AM outdoor forest clear full get flail
co id flail
You get the Black Flail of Dark Whispers.

732hp 916m 818mv 26000tnl (-24.40%) 11 AM outdoor forest clear full You furrow your brow as you look through your possessions.
----------------------------------------
This object, the Black Flail of Dark Whispers can be referred to as 'black flail dark whispers'.
It is worth 25000 copper, and is of the 51st level of power.
It is made of wood and weighs 12 pounds 15 ounces.
It is imbued with a terrible, unholy blessing.
It can cause 5d11 points of damage, at average 30.
When worn, it affects your mana by 120 points, your hp by 120 points,
your hit roll by 13 points and your damage roll by 13 points.

I really did feel bad sacing it as a player. Hope there's no hard feelings.
74936, Hard feelings? Why?
Druid. Unholy weapon. I'd have been absolutely shocked to get it back.
74937, Just seemed to be the straw that broke the camels back
And I don't want to ruin the fun for someone who's actually willing to mix it up.
74938, I can't deny...
...that having a 25-charge unholy as opposed to a 1-charge unholy would have made me more likely to stick around. For a while. Maybe an extra week? But it would have been delaying deletion just because I didn't want to delete a char with a 25-charge unholy.

Meh.
74939, Cool
Much <3 for the twist chars. Play a mf'ing druid already.
74903, One question
Posted by Ahtieli2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
were you expecting that I will try to kill you one day?
74919, RE: One question
Posted by Cannot Help IT on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I am guessing he was expecting that you wouldn't alone but certainly with three of your friends :).

I am sorry I could not help it!
74920, I figured if I had a big enough unholy...
that you'd try to procure it for your IDL. But it wasn't as if I was going to be in any situation that would allow you to get the first attack if I could help it. :P
74929, I'm not all that sure I would loot your unholy
but who knows. Mostly depends on my mood. Nor I think I could get good chance of killing you :P Being Trib is overpowered when you fight Imperial.
74956, Because you would have sacrificed it along with the rest of his eq n/t
Posted by Warrior on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
74961, Why do you afraid to put your name in post? ~
~
74968, Because then you'll sacrifice my equipment. n/t
Posted by Warrior on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
74972, Nay, it's because you lack of balls ~
~
74904, Meh.
Posted by Irhedieh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I didn't really like ranking and killing with you a bit only to have you then turn on me and try to kill me. I mean, it's not like we were friends high-fiving each other, but to take the first opportunity to kill me for 'souls for weapon' made me sad. We coulda been contenders.

Too bad you got away after attacking me. :(

Humorous part - both times we attacked groups in Mal'trakis, you recalled thinking they themselves had fled out and recalled. You were just one room away (High Lord's Keep) when you did a 'where' I guess, and thought they were gone. I killed them afterward.

Good times, looking forward to another.
74927, Huh.
I remember things differently. I remember attacking you (random ranger east of Voralia, let's give it a shot), but then later having you tell me where camoed peeps were and going to try to pk them together.

We leveled up together? Before I tried to kill you? Bleh on me, then. :(
74905, Boo!!
Posted by Lenfelin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I felt so bad that I could not make it to you in time when you were posioned, blinded, etc. I have always hated that maze. I'm sure there is some easy way through it, but I'll be damned if I know it other than looking where I'm going! Knowing you wanted to join scion makes me understand more why you were always wanting to travel with the advisor. I think in some way, I always end up either with or against a Twist character... Well done as always.
74906, HAHAHAHA. Only time we are ever on the same side, and I'm still giving you wands.
Posted by TheManNamedSam on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This is Mjraljin to clear up any confusion.

Didn't like some things about your char (you gave me the feel of a old school Fire AP player, fairly cautious, etc etc) but I loved the ranxxoring and had some fun times in trib.

You suck. You should have joined my cheat ring. We could have been contendas!
74907, Ahh crap son
Posted by lesikinilt on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I am losing tribunals like flies damit! Good times having you around.
74908, Last Night
Posted by Gralbin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I would love to have fought you in a nice "epic" battle that I would have probably lost. I know though that a duel is not where I'm going to have a good chance against your character. I guess I should have come into town with eyes up last night, but the one time I came looking you were in your guild. This obviously is probaly a good thing as it gives you a moment to put protects up before someone is on you. Anyway, we didn't interact much in an incarnation as these characters, but I'm sure your RP was good. :) Hope you come back with something fun.
74926, I didn't blame you at all...
Warrior against wanded up AP is a tough matchup, but I think you could have pasted me with your legacies. I mainly asked if you wanted to fight because I was SO bored and contemplating deletion. I figured if I won and got like 2-3 charges that might be a highlight, and if you won and got the big Deathweek victory and then I deleted, all the more good for you.

Alas, it wasn't meant to be, though. :)
74911, BAH! If you weren't hiding in your guild all the time.....
Posted by Illunas on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I would have killed you most gladly!!!

And that one time I had you when the vindicator showed up.. Another two spells and you were history.

That ticked me off.

Barbed Manacles are overpowered and FTL
74925, What pissed ME off...
...was that I didn't get the kill on that one. I knew you were there, and planning to attack, hence barrier. I also knew Shalsad was nearby and would whup up on you bigtime.

Sending me a tell just to see if I was in Organia with no other RP involved at all, having never spoken to me before in your life...was lame.

But I only had ignore on you for about 10 minutes real time - there was just too much chance you'd actually RP with me later to leave it on.
74970, RE: What pissed ME off...
Posted by Illunas on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was truly intending to follow up on that message - but never had opportunity, was in the middle of fights, raids, etc right after that.

I had hoped to start up conversation with you again.. right after I killed you :)

74915, The real question is were you happy with your fantastic flagellator!!???~
Posted by Zizzle on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
~
74924, Oh yes...
The effusive praise Bonthos laid upon you "Dis guy sell good stuff!" was not me kissing up. Well not that much anyways. Selling me that flail for the price you sold it to me at the level you sold it to me was like...are you effin' kidding me?

Broke my heart to UB it but hey...that's what ya gotta do right?
74932, Now the pantheon knows none can match my prices!~
Posted by Zizzle on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
~
74916, Care to discuss your opinions about Fire giant anti-paladins?
Posted by Kadsies on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
There used to be a time I could whore them out like no bodies business. But since the dexy changes I havent gotten anywhere close to buff again.

Parv
74923, Sure.
I'm about 95% positive that the modicum of success I had with Bonthos would not have been achieved if I had been any other race. I think that has more to do with my play style (seems if I can't bash, I can't pk. :P ) than actual strengths/weaknesses. My elf warriors haven't been buff at all until they get STSF, for instance. So would me playing a delf AP work? Unlikely. It just takes too much quick-thinking to do well enough to build up a big unholy. For me, anyhow.
74941, Did you get any mileage with axe unholy?
Posted by Kadsuane on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Or was it all just flail beatings? I leveled with you btw :)
74948, Avg 30 iron flail that progged?
it was tough to pass that up to throw an UB on an axe instead. You can always cleave with the off-hand. :P
74957, Wield flail, dual wield jumnarl's cleave. Wield flail, dual wield despair, cripple n/t
Posted by Fire AP on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
74966, Yeah that's what I did...
Except it was a wooden axe, generally (burrow-warden's mithril or lifthrasir), and fordurn, not despair (higher +dam and a non-physical damage message for storm giants. Plus mithril for darkelves).

So um what's your point? I'm honestly curious. Were you just backing up what my post said, or...?
74969, Yea, was just backing up your post. n/t
Posted by Fire AP on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
74917, RE: Meh.
Posted by Cielandaicyl on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I remember fighting a bit with you once while on Mount Calandrial. You attacked my group which was basllsy in itself. Lemur form I was using at the time. Kind of a torturous fight for both sides I imagine.

I never thought you would rank out of 40. I kinda lumped you in with AP's that are too scared to rank into hero range. Most of them don't last at all once they hit the hero range. I think Tribunal AP would be hard to pull off. Everyone knows where you will be, when on duty, and is easy to create ambush situations...

Anyhow, good job and all that. Now go play a necromancer.

74918, I'm jealous.
Posted by Cartherlen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked Bonthos. You didn't seem to back down from much, but it was hard to keep an eye on you since we weren't assigned to the same cities (and I had very little inclination to go to anywhere other than Hamsah or Galadon except to RP being vigilant of everything).

I got minimal imm love, and I constantly tried to RP. Maybe my roleplaying has gone that far downhill. I'm jealous of that. I did hear a rumor that Lyristeon put a bounty on Korrock's head though, so maybe I made an impression in that regard.

You seemed pretty damned independent, so much so that even once you'd ranked up, I didn't see you around much in the cities. I don't think you ever asked if I wanted to go raid or anything, but I was always up for it.

Luck with the next.
74922, Most of my imm love...
was for role contestz0rring and Lyr's quest. I did get a lil' interaction where a Hamsah prostitute gave me a freebie because I was on duty though, that was cool. No immxp for it but who cares, it was something cool. :)

As for Korrock, you were part of the reason I joined tribs - bitchranking my sad ass up to 36-40th on war-wearies made Bonthos like you and consider you "Strong".

Raiding - I would frequently ask about raiding when I was only 40th, but Tlingit was generally not up for it, and if he didn't say "Yes let's" then none of the other online tribs were gungho about it. Can't blame them - he could see camo and maybe he saw a bunch of potential defenders.
74949, RE: Most of my imm love...
Posted by Enlilth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It was an excellent role. I laughed, I cried, I questioned storm giant rape at long length. Following me even gave me more reason to watch you. That whole prostitute thing was a response to you saying over cb you wished you had someone to follow you around all the time. So I thought it'd be funny to pop into a prostitute and follow you. Imagine my suprise that not only did did popping into a prostitute via secret popping command yield me a prostitute in Hamsah, but then it put me in the same room as you. I followed, I got raped while laughing my ass off. I prolly woulda thrown you xp if I hadn't been laughing too hard to do it. Then of course the wife got home, and I logged out.

Fun char
74954, Oh come on that wasn't rape....
The prostitute gave Bonthos the "weekly freebie."
74930, RE: Meh.
Posted by Celenai on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was getting nervous about Bonthos. Even though we barely saw each other, it just felt like you would eventually come after me. Maybe that's because you mentioned snacking on me. :P
74933, SOOO tempting...
I was pretty sure with an iron weapon and 50ish damroll and bloodlust up that I could kill you with one or two good bashes, and was thinking about taking the gamble when we were talking those last couple times at the Inn. But then I figured "dude - she's Herald. At the Inn. Don't bash Herald at the Inn who RP-wise really almost *can't* just word/whatever to avoid you."

But I had it typed in. Just didn't hit enter. :P
74940, RE: Meh.
Posted by Baiahlan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Now I'm even more glad I left your gear that one time. Sorry I dropped off the face of the earth and didn't give you much interaction after that.
74952, RE: Meh.
Posted by Tlingit2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
RP reasons Tlingit couldnt get along with you, had just been burned by too many AP's in the Spire in his mortal lifetime. That's why he seems kinda turned off against you.

Didnt really have a problem with you OOC. Hope you knew that.

You did an overall good job of being active and from what I saw the Hamsah appointment probably did your unholy more good than a Galadon one would by allowing you to safely farm Kiadana rankers.
good job on your next, and if you want any other comments you always know where to catch me now.