Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Kenric d'Aguillon the Banisher of Fear
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=74633
74633, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Kenric d'Aguillon the Banisher of Fear
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Nov 30 23:20:43 2008

At 4 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 8th of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Kenric perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:paladin
Level:41
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:73
74634, Yep.. me again.
Posted by Java on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I rolled this one solely because I wanted to play a two-hand paladin. An extremely weak role, no real direction.. I was pretty much just going through the motions. I never got into the char. If you interacted with me, you probably noticed.

That, coupled with the fact that somewhere after hitting around lvl 35 I went from a PK monster to a pushover.. I just lost interest.

I'll be wandering around the Mojave desert for the next 8 days or so anyways, so the char was gonna disappear anyways. Maybe when I get back I'll try something new. Or something similar again. Who knows.
74635, RE: Yep.. me again.
Posted by Pof Ilvakihj on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked Kenric... from what I could see it was a stellar roleplayer playing something he wasn't really interested in... I sometimes lack in the RP department too... anyways, I thought he was pretty solid, glwyn.
74640, RE: Yep.. me again.
Posted by Mogudinfabu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'll agree with the sentiment by Ilvakj. Great character, great roleplaying. Sorry about bailing out on you in the A-P fight. I was tanking in the wilds, but when we got into the city, I was happy to hide behind you, being a ranger and all. Didn't realize you were getting as hurt as you were.
74641, It's me again...
Posted by Tlingit on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Got me thinking about Ray Steven's song...

It's me again Margeret.
he he he he.
You dont love me Margeret, but I sure love you...
74681, Silly Java
Posted by Baerinika on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I actually had no idea this was you, though looking back on it it sure makes sense. :)

Your early virtue was for getting a sweeeeeeet kill on someone pretty tough that Baer really really wanted to see dead.

Good luck in the desert. Not my idea of a fun vacation but each to their own. :)
74853, I'm a sucker for your religion..
Posted by Java-1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry this was a half-assed attempt. I just had no real inspiration with this character, and I think it showed through way too much.

I pride myself in having well RPed characters that are at least capable with PK. I could never get the RP of Kenric going, and as much as I wanted to force it, it wasn't really there. And once I realized that, I think the PK aspect pretty much went to #### too.

This little vacation did give me a minute to come up with some new stuff, so expect me back before too long.

I might try an evil or neutral before my 6th Fortie in a row.. but we'll see how that goes.

Thanks for the compliments on that kill.. but honestly, I only managed it because the dude got a seriously unlucky teleport once he was blinded. I'll take the early virtue though, and I'll never complain about Retribution. I really think Temperance gets too much attention.