Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AUTO) [NEXUS] Gnuff the Legend of the Battlefield
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=74092
74092, (AUTO) [NEXUS] Gnuff the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Nov 11 10:38:13 2008

At 9 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 10th of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Gnuff perished, never to return.
Race:svirfnebli
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:109
74111, Whoops
Posted by DurNominator on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I didn't mean to let Gnuff auto quite yet, though I admit that I couldn't quite get into being a svirfnebli the same way I did when I began playing this character. I've been quite busy RL and this has left me little time to play. Hence, I missed a couple of biweekly Gnuff sessions and thus autoed.

Gnuff was my second hero warrior, axe, whip, autumn harvest and hour past midnight, and I was planning to play a bit more with hour past midnight to see how it worked out(that dracolich claw was a kickass weapon, too bad it poofed to my inactivity).

My take to Nexus was not an extreme one, as I saw it that main purpose of Nexus would be aiding the underdog in cabal wars so that we could get more evenly matched battles. Most of the people didn't seem to want the help against odds, due to something some other Nexan when balance was different or such things. My take was that Nexus should never betray, but make it clear that the alliances are temporary, as expiring when things are done and we have parted ways. Backstabbing was not to be practiced, as such activity would destroy the credibility of Nexus. Over all, this left me

Goodbyes:

Yrillbink - Thanks for the induction. Good thing that breasts weren't requirement for Nexus membership.

Pelrin - You were a formidable defender of Nexus from what Gnuff heard, keeping the house standing while the rest of us adventured in Trothon. But by god, you were a weird one. That tell conversation of you seeking a mate was a weird one, probably due to fact that I remembered that you were a woman and then when I looked at you later, I noticed that you weren't, which was a moment of embarassment for Gnuff.

Battle guy who threatened to sac/loot my stuff after me stripping your axe - You nearly smoked me there in the mount when I managed to strip my axe and I would have perished without recalling and heal healing. Killing you with the help of the Nexus inners (and using that axe I stripped from you) was a proud moment for me and I really used all those axes I took from you because of your threat, as they were better than all mine. You had pimp gear too, better than mine, but I wanted to refrain from looting too much. I knew from the way you talked smack that you were ballsy and therefore I didn't need to be. Nice tactic at the inners, would have worked if you hadn't forgotten that resist..

Gulkra - There were some nice fights. I was a bit confused in our discussion there after I killed you. I was afraid of the thief who nearly got me there, hence didn't come easily for the rematch (or how it went.. I'll post a log some time). The complaints about parity weren't really an issue for Gnuff, as he did not care for parity. With the shifters bond haste, I managed to stand and win against you, even though you hit harder. My rock hydra gear had poofed due to inactivity at that point, so I had to loot some of yours to patch some of my losses as one of us was to go reagearing anyway.

Ahtieli - You were a full saccing douche. 2 vs 2 and full sac? That's weak for a lich. Sure, help yourself to my gear if you need them, but don't just sac in order to be a douche. I understand that you were angry because of a Fortlander full loot, but that doesn't change the fact that you full sacced just to be a griefing douche.

Fort gearhoarding train - Much love. It's nice to see that the same train still choo-choos around Thera that did in the time when I played Endalion in Fort and someone was constantly naked due to constant Empire-Fortress war full loots.

Fort unicorn - Kickass form. My evils will tremble in awe before it.

Djabree - Like mongoose, you were bull####.

Anyway, that's about it. I forgot a lot of you guys, reply and I shall respond. Here's some kind of a character list (in no particular order) if some are forgotten:

Gnuff, Mreeshai, Endalion, Theannian, Frearrir, Agantas, Muug, Fungor, Gohum, Eral, Murgh, Ugash, Rayna, Myrrin, Mutombo and some even lesser characters I have forgotten.