Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectIlbjorga Valdar is done
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=73690
73690, Ilbjorga Valdar is done
Posted by Beer on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, one day I was wandering what I would do...and never having heroed a paladin or played once (Well, I had that paladin empowered by a panda...died at 25) so I tried...and well, luckily, there was an exp week-end so I heroed so quick which such an exp penality that I couldn't believe it. And so, Ilbjorga heroed.

I deleted mostly because I got bored...I was told this was one of the bane of the paladins, boredom. You can pretty much fight mobs on your own, you are deadly (I went into situations I would usually die with anything else I've played) but they couldn't seal kills really. Of course, the templar moves are cool. Didn't exploit all of them really.

Got empowered quickly. Felt like I didn't impress anyone and got empowered to 51 due to the double exp week-end. Was able to get a virtue though which is kinda cool. Tried to find Rayihn for a week now to kill my boredom but to no avail. Compared to my last hero priests, I tried to let people know I was a priest of Rayihn. But perhaps next time, if I ever play another empowered class, to just have a base at the beginning and build my story from there...because really, I always tend to have a good beginning but never exploit it...or well no one really roll with it.

Last few days was frustrating...that is where I realized I was due to just delete and move on. I mean, I'm alright that some character wants to power-game. I don't mind. That still sucks. That's how I view someone who decided to #### you up, loot you or sac you or annoy you just because you tried to weaken him at some point because you are strong and a very well-played player. Anyway.

I don't feel like saying goodbyes, I'll answer if there's something though.

Zevsa, Sakard, Daichyl, many many...
73706, Few things
Posted by Ahtieli2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That's how I view someone who decided to #### you up, loot you or sac you or annoy you just because you tried to weaken him at some point because you are strong and a very well-played player. Anyway.

Sounds like stones throwing into my window.
If you want to go into details I can explain you my point of view on that matter.

However you were brave maran unlike some and almost always tried to defend, reraid even if odds were sick for you and your cabal mates. Well done I think.

Good luck with your next.
73708, Bah
I'll do what I mostly do, maybe knock at your door with another kind of character and just try to validate what I've seen or just change my point of view....or wait when you delete, read your role, something.
73702, It was with you that I had that insanely long duel...
Posted by Zefta on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
on the aryth ocean with? For like 30-45 mins? I kept choking you etc. Then I accidently got trapped in the whirlpool, and as an arial, I was doomed... (After I tried to pursue you below surface when you were convulsing, I knew we shouldn't have fought on water... hehe)

Well, the little we interacted I liked you. :D
73703, Yup!
That was intense...though when I got you in the whirlpool, I knew now I had better chances to kill you! Man, when I ended running from you, I had no mana to put sanc on and was barely living...stupid to do those to the death duels...but I guess that's what keeps me playing this game, the thrill of life and death.
73700, Had been looking for you too
Posted by Rayihn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Though our hours didn't line up very well. I liked the role to start, though I wasn't sure it was a great fit for my religion. I always looked to see if you'd take it to the next level and I never really saw that extra spark. Then your hours died way down and I could tell you were losing interest.

Good luck on your next.
73712, You say that...
Posted by Cartman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But after years and years of "Shokai" telling followers he was there and had this or that planned and was waiting for the chance, seriously, don't waste anyone's time. You're either there, and participating, or you're not, and you're not. If I had a dime for every time Dustin told people he "had something in the works" I'd be the richest CF'er in history. Set the bar, babe. Set it.
73699, Ugh...
Posted by Oraimus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hard to get to know you all better if you keep deleting /rant

Sorry to hear that the boredom set in. I've definitely had more than a few chars where that happens, I then make an alt to help divide that time, which ultimately puts the "nail in the coffin" so to speak. So I applaud you for knowing when to pull the plug in that regard.

I think I only ever got to travel with you once, to my knowledge, against the Empire. And even that was brief.

I hope you might come back as another seeking the squire though. ^_^

Ora
73695, RE: Ilbjorga Valdar is done
Posted by Bajula on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was getting rather fond of this one, but then again I liked the
panda guy too. *rofl*
Have fun man.
73692, Powergaming.
Posted by Alzinghul on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Most of our fights were actually incredibly close, and I could tell the last one that this might be one of our last. It looked like after you fell at the fortress you had regeared and were up for a fight, champion stand is op'ed btw. Anyways I did have a good time mixing it up with you and a few times I thought I was going to go down. Anyways you were always willing to throwdown so props, a lot of paladins just take fights they know they'll win so they don't lose pretty difiance.

Alz
73693, you might laugh
Posted by goganop on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
at the number of times we got defiance in one week. It was to a point that I doubt unal, isen, or syn even worried about loosing it.

and i bet champs stand is rough as an orc, doesn't spinebreak cancle it though?
73698, RE: you might laugh
Posted by Alzinghul on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Spinebreak should cancel it but it doesn't, and I'm not sure what the timer on champs stand is but spinebreak doesn't move them from the room so technically even after I spinbreak they are in champion stand. It's rough against a champs stand pally, though without it they are at a disadvantage because I can permalag pretty well on a paladin.
73714, I bet they did worry
Posted by Daurwyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Simply because another paladin might get it.
73704, I liked you a lot.
Don't remember if I traveled with you as Tulfher but I think I did...

You were fun to fight though that time when I tried to help the villager to gain the codex and I ended up dying...well that's typical me. Always forgetting return/teleport potions, having no mana/barely any hp left and just trying to run pass the orcs at the entrance. Dumb dumb dumb. I rage deleted after that (Got looted some too which kinda sucked) but returned the next day to try again...but eh, didn't know rage deleting causes you to lose everything or almost all. Bah!

And then I died to Imperials and after you. Nice trap though.
73691, Ugh. You too?!?
Posted by Unalethekai on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't know why but the Squires are dropping like flies. Come on! There's SO much to do, you just have to get motivated to explore a bit. Anyways. You never really reached out to Una, always seemed kind of quiet, so that might just have been because you were bored.

Things are about to get a lot less boring for those of us left pretty soon, I think. Thanks for that, I suppose.

Good luck with your next, mate.

Una.