Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Djabree the Poetic Fury of the Skies, Keeper of the Tablet
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=73639
73639, (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Djabree the Poetic Fury of the Skies, Keeper of the Tablet
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Oct 29 14:17:53 2008

At 5 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 14th of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Djabree perished, never to return.
Race:arial
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:369
73974, RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Djabree the Poetic Fury of the Skies, Keeper of the Tablet
Posted by Ruhktanshi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Awesome isn't the word. By far the best villager to play with in my years. What more can I say? A little lacking in the rp and generally very quiet to begin with but we warmed up to be good commorades as our wrinkles grew thicker. Loved every bit.

Kudos.
Ruhk
74083, Thx and congrats on imming. nt
Posted by Marcus_ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
73749, Nice work.
Posted by Twist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I didn't see a lot of you, our playtimes generally don't seem to mesh, but what I saw as Twist I did like quite a bit. I vised twice WRT things you were in the middle of, and both times I was giving a "grudging respect" to you sort of deal.

FWIW, those who thought/think Djabree used dash triggers - a few times I was snooping him and he moved fast enough that you'd think it was a trigger, but I am pretty sure it wasn't. Generally a trigger looks like this:

Prompt:> cran twist
Twist has arrived.

Whereas a non-trigger would like like this:
Prompt:>
Twist has arrived.
cran twist

Of course, Marcus knows all kinds of mudclient jooboo that I'm clueless on, but I don't think he was triggerin' it.
74080, RE: Nice work.
>> I didn't see a lot of you, our playtimes generally don't seem to mesh, but what I saw as Twist I did like quite a bit. I vised twice WRT things you were in the middle of, and both times I was giving a "grudging respect" to you sort of deal.

Thanks for that, it's my favorite kind of interactions with imms... Relevant, and concise.
74081, Mispost. nt
73689, How is Riddle legacy?
Posted by Shaapa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What it does exactly?
73717, Riddle is a sweet legacy for ragers
Posted by marcus. on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Halves effect and duration of most physical maladictions (some obscure ones are't affected)... It also lowers bleeding damage to almost zero. That's about it, but as a warrior without access to healing, the bleeding damage reduction probably saved me 30 or so deaths...
73730, Yeah, I loved having it as Grogim
Posted by Abernytee on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
and coupled with whispers it made Grogim much more of a survivor.

-----Abernyte
73737, It's also a fight winner
Posted by Mek on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had this with Drezen and it rocked balls. Toss in the Thick Veined edge and yeah, bleeding is a breeze. Toss in a couple piece of +STR/+DEX gear and you are probably never gonna drop your weapons under normal circumstances.

The cool thing is that against lots of matchups, you know they are going to try to boneshatter/impale/artery/etc, and while they are wasting time with that, you can use your most powerful moves. When they switch up, after realizing that isn't working, lag em ftw.
73645, Har har har!
Well since I condied I started drinking some Jack Daniels and writing a goodbye thread... But don't worry, I'm not drunk yet. I did, however, choose to end the goodbyes without getting everybody in that I should (especially my enemies). That's what laziness does to you. But to summarize, I had a ####load of fun :)

Agar - One rager I really liked... Much better than that Korny bard that tourmented poor low 40's Djabree
Alkydrion - So long ago, man. I remember you annoyed me sometimes.. Because you jumped in on Djabrees fight..
Cezar - The sorta original Mageslayer. When Djabree was young he wanted to grow up to be just like you. Well played.
Charunycain - Congrats on Drillmaster, it was well deserved. Oh wait, you condied already! Crash 'n' burn, rock n roll.
Dhaath - Been there, said that... Catch you on the flipside.
Droghnund - Don't know why people gave you so much ####, I kind of liked Droggy.
Drrinia - You reminded me of this arial chick that was around when I played Rhomelanthos. Can't remember her name though. Was an arial pole/mace spec with landslide that handed me my ass in the circle.
Elleryne - MageSlayer Legacy! Carry it on!
Fjarn - Like Tobeldest... Cool, but sleepy.
Gahtho - Congrats on Drillmaster, I hope you stay alive longer than our last one!
Gargunter - Hmm, rings a bell. I think you were cool.
Gulkra - Call blood! Aaargh! Bash bash die! You should have a look at my last battle, it went down Gulkra stylee.
Inger - Been there, said that... Catch you on the flipside.
Kanaz - Good game, good luck.
Lerzion - Been there, said that... Catch you on the flipside.
Lujooyks - Good stuff, but did you delete already? Damn my memory is evaporating.
Mueghlu - While you are a pretty cool and well played character, YOU ARE MISSING A VITAL ELEMENT OF PLAYING A DUERGAR BERSERKER :)
Ruhktanshi - Commander! You are like my boss... Despite being a hawt chick, I keep forgetting about your gender and thinking about you as a dude. Lots of good times we had, and man did a bard help... Twogether nobody could stop us.
Cassoughans - LOL!

Yean, Kastellyn, Ysaloerye, Raybear, Twist and the rest of the imms - Thanks for the con quest and the interactions (although I almost never knew who was behind them) - They were great and kept things from getting dull. And thanks for the echoes, they were really close to where I wanted Djabree to go :)

Enemies:

Ahtieli, Satebos - I wish I would've gotten to kill either of you. Satebos, that was sooo close... Like deep into the 0-5% hp range when that zombie fuxxor killed me with a kick in the goonads. Then, when you both had autorecall items and black opals it became bit pointless to fight you, but it's still fun to fight just for the sake of fighting.

Daisukami - You were cool. Keep raking them criminals.

Tlingit - Well played. Dunno what to say, it was fun butting my head bloody against that thick blow-deflecting crocodile hide.

Eleia - Very good foe, well played...

Goganop - Note to self: Don't entwine giant sword specs you stupid bastard!

Kostyan, Kornuel - Damn you bastards tormented the low-40's Djabree. Still, good fun and I'm glad I got to smoke you both :)

Zefta - Yeah, I understand if you thought I'm a twat... But still, I'm not gonna flee if I attack you and find out that you're writhing.

Koolchi - Only one I ever full looted... (or tried to rather, couldn't carry all that junk inside my trunk)

Pelrin - Lol. Our fights were so sad for the most part... Me spellbaning everything and getting hit for the occasional big hit every now and then... You eating round after round of grazes. We simply weren't spicy enough alone, but when a third party came along things always became exciting.

Lezra - Been there, said that... Catch you on the flipside.

Korrock - I just couldn't be bothered to get gather new weapons with only two deaths left (I actually thought it was just one)... And I went a bit on tilt because I thought summon to hidden room was a really cheap tactical choice when I came to fight you two on one on your home turf even.... But I understand you - it's the easiest way to secure a kill on a rager... so no hard feelings.

And all the rest of my homies, dead or living... (It's been too damn many and I can hardly keep the names apart... Ain't easy when you're playing just a couple of hours a week.) But a list below of honorable mentions. (Snatched from my log files, I don't have that kind of memory and I don't take notes :))

Aritu
Atrinycyn
Averich
Bapkruk
Barencio
Bayamon
Bhael
Bseter
Chkara
Ckol
Cryso
Dagar
Dalisnik
Dax
Denaitnaim
Dhumas
Dorfo
Doriach
Dragrahl
Durjin
Fakefi
Ferveran
Fudas
Galan
Gorax
Grenshen
Griz
Grrash
Gruntok
Gyubnuka
Hafren
Halrog
Harmon
Harol
Hect
Hikuhiel
Idril
Iomiala
Izhulii
Jalenkan
Jhengar
Joogin
Kalemor
Kenealish
Kom
Kretor
Lalvyal
Lurtik
Magrath
Malh
Marewl
Marnrerr
Marwenn
Melmer
Mharr
Mrawlek
Mreja
Murnar
Neriyin
Nuentel
Oriarn
Pargtorix
Qrtaw
Raghnall
Razell
Sananto
Sinvool
Siqzaarai
Solejun
Solvado
Stauln
Taasarin
Tahrlaw
Taruk
Thutaai
Tuhdain
Uknorae
Urukal
Varvazi
Verantis
Verzbit
Voorheas
Vrinlo
Vrtainen
Waramanga
Xarius
Xarto
Xiu
Yevandr
Yrlym
Zaderas
Zixx
73646, I hated fighting you
Posted by Goganop on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
even with mantle, giant reisst, stoneskin, and aura you out tanked me without thirsting! I had to play it safe because if entwine landed I either had to hope for a full flurry or well die. You were a force and without doutb the best warrior in the game especially how you utilized dash and backhand inbetween commands.

My only criticism... while i got nothing against villagers initiating combat with a warrior who might be coming after them you chased me down when i was sitting around recovering from fights and when i was obviously not going after you. That just left a slightly sour taste in my mouth due to your title but hey overall djabre was a geat char
73648, It was just the IC char
Posted by Zefta on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
that thought you were a twat. As a player I REALLY loved Djabree. Fought with and against you with a few chars. ^^ But Zefta tried to talk to you about the village when she had just taken the oath, but you refused to speak with me so that set the standard for Zefta. ;)

Kickass char! I can't wait to see the PBF!
73649, You are a BAMF.
Posted by TheManNamedSam on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I remember when I was Vhergruhl I was like 'Who the #### is this rank 25 arial warrior who has more mage kills than me' (I had 20 which I thought was a hell of a lot).

Then with Vrtainen I was like 'Wow, this dude just raped a group of three in front of me...oh, now he wants my help with another group of three...damn he just went in there and attacked them all...damn I missed three chokes and we both died....damn he's right back out that raping'.

Fought you with at least two shifters too.

One of them had you dead to rights (####ing furor and wimpy and lag BLEH).

Badass.
73653, Knew it was you from the off but kept it on the low-low. Class as always!~
Posted by Abernytee on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
~
73656, RE: Har har har!
Posted by Grysh-Icthaen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hah, nice going man. I interacted with you with all three of my recent ragers and I actually KILLED you, yes I killed the almighty Djabree with my storm pally Laernoch...but wait....oh that's right your link died 2/3s through the fight. Sigh. I will never truly beat one of your characters, but I had a lot of fun just being in your presence.

Awesome job, and definitely pillar worthy. I consider myself a decent warrior player and you just make me look silly. You just don't make many mistakes, and when I look back at my logs I think 'damn i should've done this instead of that' and I know that you are always doing 'this' all the damn time. You also have the discipline to not go nuts when you die like I do (in the sense that I will die 4-5 times in a CF session whereas you will take a deep breath and not be an idiot). So all that to say I admire you. We almost killed Ahtieli together with Charunycain but damn imperial tactics disarmed me like 9 times so I couldn't lag him :( .

Anyway see you around.

73657, You are my idol at this game.
Posted by Nivek1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Is that sad?

Nivek
73659, I had a feeling this was you.
Posted by Lyristeon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Awesome job dude. You are welcome for the "going to hell" echoes. I thought they were appropriate. Twist tossed in a few of his own as well. There were a few of us around to pass out a little extra help at the end there so you could go out in style and not the other way. The other guys will probably blame me, but, I am not afraid of the heat. :P

The gear came from me including the one I had to make for you before you charged in. It was rot_death, so, nobody got to keep that. There were a few other things I did for you along the way, but, get the PBF and you will see that the imm love was pretty much universal on this one.

I am glad I was there for the end because this character deserved something special. If you would have lasted as long as Kostyan, your pk numbers would have surpassed him by 30%. Just awesome. GLWYN
73660, HAR! Ye' finally died, ya' sod. One o' the most respected o' the Village. Good job. NT
Posted by Gulkra on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's true.
73663, RE: Har har har!
Posted by Cezar-Inger on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well Played! I remember talking to you when you were an applicant as Cezar. I knew you were going to be or at least had the skill to be a real badass when you told me you had twenty mageskulls at level 20. That's a ton for that rank. Thanks for the words about wanting to be like Cezar, but, I have to say you easily accomplished that and surpased him by far! I need to take a few pages out of your book! I cannot wait to see how many kills you racked up.

Anyways, I thoroughly enjoyed our interactions with both characters and am very very impressed. It's chars like yours that motivate me to roll one up and try to even get in the same ballpark!
73670, RE: Har har har!
Posted by Satebos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Awesome, just awesome. You were definitely the strongest villager for generations. That fight against you and Kernagor was also the closest one I had. I pretty much resigned myself to a death when you dropped. For what it's worth, I got you at 52 hp, fled and teleported at 12, hit an aggro mob and teleported to safety again at 7. See you in the fields.
73684, I remember that fight. I was sooooooo angry.
Posted by Kernagor on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was torn between bursting into tears and putting an axe through the monitor.

What a time for the ghoul paralysis to hit. Gwaaaaarrrrrgghhghghghghg

:(
73680, I just don't get it
Posted by Nererial on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were class, and I liked having you around. In particular I was impressed that you timed your cranials in such a way that I only got to commune once each three rounds.

That said, fighting you sucked because cranial alone rendered me completely impotent once you could get rid of plagues. When I enlarged, I didn't get lagged every time, but it still was enough to kill me.

Essentially I only fought you for rp, as I knew there was no chance I was going to win without draining you of mana or getting a lucky damnation + rot (and even that might not work).

Think I got you once with plague, and you have killed me in various incarnations in excess of 10 times. Still, you impressed the hell out of me. A lot of other berserkers could learn from your example.
73718, RE: I just don't get it
Posted by marcus. on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked Nererial... You (and other shamans) generally had a very hard time against me though, since I tended to dish out quite a bit of damage inbetween communes, and you don't get the mace skill.

(I never could get rid of plagues though... except by village healer :))

See you on the fields.
73696, RE: Har har har!
Posted by Bajula on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Some fun fights early on, we didn't really run into one another
later on though. In any case a pretty awesome villager glad you
made the pillar.
-Volubryotr.
73707, You were the
Posted by Ahtieli2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
only reason I carried helm in my inventory. Actualy I had auto-recall item only once and you with Ichtaen rager made me spend all charges in it so quick. If not that item you would have killed me.

Also you had good chance to take me down when I fought three ragers in balator, but I think you know what you should have done to kill me there.

I remember one time you catched me while I was running around. After that I tried never spam direction when you are online :P

As Dhaath you were villager who gave me a lot of troubles. That's why I used that dirty trap trick on you at the eastern road.

p.s. Now I can throw away that helm and carry more shinies! :P
73738, Great Char
Posted by Yean on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Really enjoyed watching this one. No nonsense, not much talk, just going out there and kicking ass. Two thumbs up. Got the vibe that you either didn't like too much immteraction or didn't really know what to do with an imm standing there :p So apart from a couple quick rewards and well dones, didn't want to harass you too much. Take care, roll another rager sometime soon!
73748, Thanks
>> Got the vibe that you either didn't like too much immteraction or didn't really know what to do with an imm standing there :p

It's definitely the latter... I just don't have much of a clue about what to do / say... Especially as I tend to play quite infrequently these days (too much work and stuff going on), and thus I don't really have much of an opinion regarding the current state of battle. But I do actually think it's fun, especially when there's something concrete to do.. like club a mage on the head, retrieve the gauntlet of Nimbus, or whatever :)
73741, Squawkless fargin pidgeon!
Posted by Ysaloerye on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Man I always love when you roll villagers. Always no nonsense kick arse and don't worry about stopping to take names.
You totally deserved your upcoming spot on the tablet.
Well done!
73747, Thanks
I get to be on the *tablet*? Sweet! :)

And I'll be back after I've had a lil' break... Might well be a villager again.
73757, Liked the character
Posted by Fjarn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Just wanted to give you a giant thumbs-up. Fjarn and Djabree clashed a bit, but I thought you took it roleplayingly as opposed to personally. Fjarn liked to have the occasional sit-down-and-talk time as Commander, and Djabree was, above all else, a doer. I appreciate that, even if it put our characters at odds a few times. Good job, and keep 'em coming.
74082, RE: Liked the character
Fjarn was cool. I remember giving you a rec, and pretty much the next time I logged in you were already a hero... time after that, commander. Yep, some difference in philosophy between our chars... but that's just healthy, keeps things interesting.

Good work/good luck with immdom.
73841, Dropped by to pay my respects
Posted by Tehbigc on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Great work as always. I am away but I hope we will be on the same side when I return. Later man.
73644, Very well played.
Posted by Korrock on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were a terror for each character I've had that encountered you. I can't even count the number of times I "mother-####ed" the cranial skill because of you. Removing your gear and going balls out like that was a bit strange, unless you didn't expect to return. I was hoping it was a con thing, and not a rage thing. You were one of the stronger warriors I can think of in the last few years. Well played, and I look forward to your next. And cross my fingers we end up on the same side.
73642, Your echoes
Posted by Cspgsbryanguest on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The stench of the abyss permeates the air around the soul of Djabree.

A cacophony of damned souls sing his praises in fear and reverence.

The voice of Mephistopheles booms, "You shall have a place to continue your ways. You are now one of the honored damned."

"Damned. Right. Fitting. Excellent. Amusing."

"Every mage that has an unworthy soul from your mortal world, shall be yours to torment. For Eternity."

Tahren can be heard chipping away at the pillar within the village of the Battleragers.
73641, RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Djabree the Poetic Fury of the Skies, Keeper of the Tablet
Posted by Tlingit on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Awesome Rager. That's all I have to say.
73640, Awesome
Posted by Eleia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You sure were a beast. Well deserved place on pillar. You were the only villager who I was realy scared by. Wish I had your link and speed of thining in fights:)