Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Doryan the Initiate of the Macalla
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=73473
73473, (DELETED) [None] Doryan the Initiate of the Macalla
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Oct 23 22:25:36 2008

At 7 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 21st of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Doryan perished, never to return.
Race:half-drow
Class:warrior
Level:44
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:165
73482, Folsa "Lite" is deleted.
Posted by Nivek1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't know why I rolled this character. Maybe it was because I had so much success with Folsa that I wanted to relive it again. I was evil this time and although ignite and vandalize were great powers, I'd much rather have feral rage and beast call.

I got the distinct impression that both imms and players alike knew that it was me playing Doryan. Although I tried to be "evil," I felt there were way too many similarities in mannerism and actions with Folsa. Not to mention that I was a half-drow dagger spec outlander. Again.

Hand-to-hand was ok, but I don't think I'll take it again. I didn't play enough at Level 44 to really get much mileage out of Enigma either, but it did seem pretty cool.

Some quick goodbyes:

Aunkdunell - I don't blame you for the uninduct last night. I would have done the same thing. I had logged on to delete, but I wanted to mouth off one more time. I RPed my attitude well, and you responded appropriately.

Grobelzimma - I was lucky to find some mobs that weren't patient enough for your plague to finish me. Nyaaaah!

Jayundar - I was very impressed by your RP. The induction was creepy as all hell. I'm glad I was your favorite.

Lierieng - We made a good team.

Lyristeon - I know you knew it was me. Thank you for the interactions. You are a great cabal imm.

Thanks.

Nivek

PS: I am still soliciting ideas for a new character role. Trying to get out of a rut here. Help me out!

73483, RE: Folsa
Posted by Lyristeon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I didn't know it was you. I am one of those imms who can honestly say I have intentional short term memory loss.

The funny thing is, when I was kicking around possibilities for Nightreaver at some point, your name had come up, but, your times and mine weren't meshing well. What I had seen, I really liked though. GLWYN
73484, RE: Folsa
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

>I got the distinct impression that both imms and players alike
>knew that it was me playing Doryan.

I personally had no idea.

Doryan was pretty good. I was ready to make a case for you to be Nightreaver, but your hours really dropped off at exactly the wrong time for it.
73490, Sorry bout that
Posted by Aunkdunell on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That was a very hard decision for me. The way I saw it though, you
were a cabal elder when I got inducted, and I liked you from the
start. Then all of a sudden you just dissappeared, Especially as I
was hitting hero range (Yay double exp!) and I even sent you a note
wondering where ya were.

It's too bad though, but as soon as I asked you about it in other
words it really gave me the ready to go vibe. I was put in a hard
spot and went with my gut feeling. I too thought that it was RP'd
well, and it's a shame you dropped off. I'll echo Lyristeon and
add that had you stayed present, Nightreaver would have been almost
certain for you.

Nice job
73492, Character ideas
Posted by Twist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
A few "rp hooks" that I've thought up but will likely never get the time to play out:

1. A non-stupid-race (read - not giant or duergar) PC who has some brain damage and will basically revert back to a childlike state when not engaged in physical combat. So for when you're pking/raiding/leveling/getting eq, you're Joe Normalguy. When you're trying to find a group, get inducted, buy things from a shopkeeper, you're a three-year-old. That doesn't mean you "always throw tantrums" or anything - you're like a regular three-year-old. Sometimes you're very sweet and endearing, sometimes you're easily distracted and slow to get something done, sometimes you're a whiny brat, and so on. Maybe during your cabal interview, you can't help but ask "Why" all the time.
Race: Something non-stupid (so people don't think you're just being a dumb fire giant or whatever).
Class: Doesn't matter. Probably not mage, definitely not invoker, unless you like pain, since I don't see an adult with a 3-year-old's mentality spamming spells much.
Align: Probably good/neutral (tough to play an inherently evil 3-year-old) but maybe that's another part of the hook - when you revert to child-like-ness you're not so much evil as you are normally.
Cabal: Doesn't matter - you can fit this role to really any cabal choice, though I think you'll have a hard time getting in to any cabal.

2. Try to speak only in song titles. Someone asks you if you want to group, and you reply with "Where are you going?" This role may not be visible to ANYONE but you while you're playing the char - but that doesn't mean it won't be fun. Especially when all is said and done and you reveal it - people might look back and go "So THAT is why he responded to my asking him if there were any hidden people in PK with 'I think we're alone now.'!"

3. Only speak in questions. 'Nuff said.

4. Asshole Assassin who full loots anyone he kills. Oh wait that's been done.
73500, So, to summarize #1 - be Graatch. nt
Posted by Forsakens on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
: )

I miss that dude.
73501, Ok Number three was damn funny. n/t
Posted by Lightmaged on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
73503, Cry me a river
Posted by That Assassin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
4. Asshole Assassin who full loots anyone he kills. Oh wait that's been done.

Sorry my dear friend, but you were in the list from the day one. You can be proud, since I don't full sac everyone. Its because of your behavior and attitude. Many people like Britney Spears, sorry, but I am one who don't. Sorry Britny and don't cry. Stop worry about shines, stop hide in the inn, stop gang, and stop to be hypocryte. Since you are very good in all above. Its a helpful suggestion. A shame, but I can't show to others your shiny moments, since its taboo(sp) to discuss imms.

Good luck, Britney.
73506, Hmm...I notice something
Posted by Lerzion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We never really see you around anymore. What happened? Did the boy lose his toys?
73507, RE: Hmm...I notice something
Posted by That Assassin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I am still playing, perhaps not in your times. And since you are up for the flame, you were in the list as well. I will explain it in my farewells.

Last post on the subject.
73517, I know I was...and I had little respect for you.
Posted by Lerzion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I could have except for those actions which were unwarranted imo. Yes, I look forward to your deletion thread. I'm shocked that you are still Shadow Lord, but there probably isn't a better option or Ahtieli doesn't know how to pull the trigger.
73508, Another idea
Posted by Torak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Be a gnome built construct (see bazaar) who acts like the AI from Portal.

"I'm making a note here - Huge Success! Except for the ones who are dead..."

If you haven't played Portal, but CF down, spend the $15 on Steam and play the best game of the year.
73510, RE: Another idea
Posted by Odelius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
"I'm not even angry.
I'm being so sincere right now.
Even though you broke my heart.
And killed me.
And tore me to pieces.
And threw every piece into a fire.
As they burned it hurt because I was so happy for you!"

Agreed, amazing game that spawned from a simple college project.
73515, Twist, thanks for the ideas.
Not sure I can live up to any of them, but we'll see.
73504, RE: Folsa
Posted by Jayundar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, yeah, you were my favorite.

Now, why were you so grumpy the last time I saw you?

Wish I had some logs of our interactions, and you were very deathful.

If I had been asked you would have been my choice for Nightreaver, but I remember you had to drop your hours.
73516, I think I had just gotten nuked
by Lezra and her new owl form and then looted by a Scion lowbie.
73613, RE: Folsa
Posted by Shumwrahm on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I enjoyed our distaste for each other quite a lot. Even though Shum didn't think much of your personality, your reputation among your enemies seemed to be good. (i.e., they were scared of you.) I (the player) liked the character, and appreciated the dislike between us not being childish or contrived, like I feel a lot of Outlander drama is. ("I'm evil, your good, I don't like you!!") I hate that we never got the chance to come to blows over it, but my hours are virtually non-existent these days.

On a broader not, I've never really been able to successfully recreate a character. I always thought it was just me, but things are never the same even if I try to make them the same.

Good luck with your next.
73623, Thanks
I enjoyed our conversations also. I just really hated everything and everyone more or less, but I tried to play it in an un-assholish way.

You've a solid character going there. Keep it up.