Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Thymas the Warlord of the Grinning Skulls
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=73438
73438, (DELETED) [None] Thymas the Warlord of the Grinning Skulls
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Oct 23 02:01:02 2008

At 5 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 21st of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Thymas perished, never to return.
Race:orc
Class:berserker
Level:50
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:241
73485, RE: (DELETED) [None] Thymas the Warlord of the Grinning Skulls
Posted by Svet on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Enjoyed the times when we just ran all over. Really appreciate those times. Maybe its the way I play my char, seldom get much interaction with anyone. Thanks for the good times.
73487, RE: (DELETED) [None] Thymas the Warlord of the Grinning Skulls
Posted by julaed on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
hey i loved fighting your character. you seemed to have alot of game knowledge which made it always an interesting fight. I liked our time at the arena too where we were both trying to figure out how it worked. it was the first char i had been to the arena with, and i gotta say it is alot of fun. good luck with your next, and i would say our fights were pretty much always even.
73474, Good times
Posted by Thymas on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I've gotta say I had a blast playing this character. This character was actually a comeback character after 2 years of not playing. I actually first logged on just seeing whats new with the mud, and I just rolled with it. Thats why you have an orc called Thymas, not really the most orcish name. I did everything an orc was not supposed to do. I was probably the nicest orc you ran into. I didn't loot much. I gave back gear that I wasn't using. Even when one of my group mates killed someone and took their gear, I would offer them some of my spare gear. So in that sense I wasn't the ideal orc.

Orcs in general are an amazing class. Just for the sake of watching your character dish out unbelievable damage you should play an orc. I could handle melee classes on a one vs one. The only classes that I found were close to impossible to handle were shifters and bards once they got you distorted. Without bash, orcs are the easiest to kill. Also at level 50 my parry was at 96 and dodge at 94, yet I would be eating alot of damage.

Shigrus were alright. Most of the fights got over too quick to really use willbreaker effectively. Punt did decent damage (mangle - demolish), but why would I use it when I could bash/savage feed them and lag them. The only option would be to use it on shifters or someone I couldn't bash but I would get owned by them pretty fast so I rather not lag myself. Rush was a sweet skill. Lags the other for 2 rounds or so and can be used as a chasing skill. You can rush 4-5 rooms with it. The weapons from pillage were not too great so I never used it. Pillage gave a +6 dam/hit I believe. Mashocism wasn't as useful as I hoped it would be. When you get hit alot there is an echo that says your wounds drive you to fight harder or something like that. It gives a 1-2 ticker + 8 damroll. There is another separate echo that gives you an additional + 8 damroll. The problem was that usually I was too low in hp to really see the full benefit of this skill. I would definitely have chosen a Mamlauk or a Skrugga over this if I could do it again.

I actually was looking for a reason to delete because I have soemthing going on in RL that I needed to take care of. My last death gave me an excuse. I died. got back my gear and the mud crashed and so I lost all my gear. I just figured that was probably the best time to let it go.

The Players -

Alz - Man you were really cool to run around with. I only stuck out with Thymas for so long because of you. We both usually had similar times and running in a horde and bashing people down was just awesome. You were always a good sport and play this game in good spirit. Many people had asked me why I hadn't challenged you for the chief position. The reason actually was because I really thought you made a much better chief than I would. Given your RP, better knowledge of the game, and the fact that I was still rusty in the game, I figured you would lead the hoarde better. As long as I was running with the hoarde I was cool with it. You doing a great job. Keep it up

Bleeguza - Could have been fun if you stuck around. Definitely the hoarde would have been very dangerous with your knowledge and skills.

Fortress:

Most of the time I was on, I would see a minimum of 5 fortresses on. This was great because that just meant I had more people to fight but it got annoying that whenever I would fight the 2 gnome shifters would flyto and peck peck.

Volu - Classy dwarf. Fun fights. Mutual respect

Synoria - definitely one of the tougher paladins. I think I may have only killed you once on a 1vs 1. Most of the time I got my ass handed to me.

Isendor - We fought a couple of times. I killed you a couple of times 1 vs 1. After you got defiance you got alot tougher. A well played elf paladin for sure.

Goganapop - We had a couple of fights and I think I won the majority of them. Fallback is sweet.

Julaed - After my first fight with you, I just realized that I had no chance against shifters and direwolf is mean with trip :P.

Sil - I realized that fighting a bard was a losing match for an orc because you normally would land your songs with ease and a distorted orc was a dead orc. Also it was annoying to get killed to you because you would take things that you didn't need.

Empire

Zefta, Kruniki - you guys were classy. The brief war was fun.

Scion

Valkathi - I interacted with you quite a bit. Thanks for helping me out with gear and what not. It was always fun to roll with you. Alligators are mean and I wouldn't want to face one.

Lezra - didn't interact much, but from what I saw you knew your stuff.

Outlanders

Aunkundell - I remember you tried to kill me a couple of times when we were younger and I killed you the majority of times. Sorry about that link-dead death. Couldn't tell. Later on you would just wither and most of our fights we killed you in a group. Props for sticking it out.

Villagers

Char - You were a beast man. Props for the way you played. I don't think there was ever a fight where you didn't land atleast 1 or 2 deathblows on me. Despite the odds of winning, I would just rush into you. It was fun. I remember that one fight on eastern where I was with Zizzle. I came at you and in 2 rounds I was dead. The life of an Orc is tough.

Ruhk - Sorry about the time when 4 of us ganged and chased you around in silverwood. Hell the only way we could have you killed. Yea you were tough and like I said bards are really difficult for an orc.

Lujooyk - Fun skirmishes. That night when we kept on killing each other back and forth was fun.

Nexus

Flink - During the down times you were a life line. Always ready to go explore and get ####. Fun times. Thanks alot for the help.

Cyrn and Silin - dam you guys were mad annoying. Not only are shifters already difficult enough for orcs. You would usually end up flying to when I was already fighting or in a bad situation. I tried to avoid you fellas.

anyone else I forgot shoot me a line.

Thymas

73475, Definitely awesome times, who were your passed chars? nt
Posted by Alzinghul on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
73480, RE: Definitely awesome times, who were your passed chars? nt
There were a couple but none that would really stand out. There was Juliane, Krazen, there was a 36 level orc a 42 arial warrior. Can't remeber their names. A couple more but none that were hero.

Thymas
73481, Just to let you know...
Posted by Volubryotr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
When you used willbreaker in our fights it sucked away most
of my handy damage roll and a chunk of my to hit.
it dispelled frenzy, crusade, zeal, and I think something
else. It was nasty :)
Anyway WORSE : until willbreaker wore off I could not commune
any of the things it dispelled.
Don't think it wasn't effective. :)
even short term pulling down your enemies damage roll
by 15-20+ and hitroll a little less off ain't hay.
73486, later
Posted by Goganop on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You sure as hell kicked the crap out of me even with my super gear. You got no idea how much willbreaker screwed me. You know it drops zeal and berserk thats 17 damage on top of like its -13 thats a 30 damage loss for me usually on your first bash.

I enjoyed our fights and I am sad to see such an interesting enemy go. Good luck in life.
73465, Damn!
Posted by Ilbjorga on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were a deadly orc and that last duel we had was crazy! Shame I always forget to log because when you died, I think I were around 10-20 hp...was able to survive one round but the other one had done it.

GLWYN!
73476, RE: Damn!
I forgot to mention you in the fortress. Yes that fight was pretty sweet. Both of us were going balls to the wall. Exciting finish and very suprising at the end. you end up dying as well haha. Good old Pag. It was fun fighting you. We didn't get to fight too much. I think you had just recently heroed. Gluck

Thymas
73464, RE: (DELETED) [None] Thymas the Warlord of the Grinning Skulls
Posted by Volubryotr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Very cool orc!!!
Loved the 'chats' too. Heh.
Good luck with the next.
73477, RE: (DELETED) [None] Thymas the Warlord of the Grinning Skulls
Man you should really roll up an orc. Do it while there is a chief who give you shinies :)
73461, Well this is terrible.
First off this isn't your first Orc and I would like to know what you thought about Shig-ru, second wow two orcs is an incredibly deadly combo especially when they know what they are doing. As Zizzle said shapeshifters are the bane of an Orc and even with haste get torn up pretty bad, that goes for mages across the board if you can't bash it don't fight it is pretty much the motto. That was a very ####ty way to go out and I'm sure if you wanted to you could have done the 30 min orcish re-gear and we would have been fine, but it seemed like that was the straw that broke the camels back for you and you were begining to tire of the char. I will say that I absolutely loved having another orc with me. The horde is always welcoming the experienced orcs well played sir, well played.

Alzinghul
73470, I'd like to second the question
Posted by Torak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
How was Shig-ru? Never really saw you punt anything.
73478, RE: I'd like to second the question
In all my times I have punted, I never kicked the mob out of the room. Was alright. Rush is a pretty neat trick. I'm sure I could have made alot more use of it. Maybe with a little more dam redux, who knows willbreaker and mashocism could have made a difference. Most of the fights went by too quick.

Thymas
73442, My ochre ally gone?? Oh noes!!
Posted by Zizzle on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I love rolling with orcs, and you were a great foil for my famous Magical Machinations and Minor Miracles! I think the highlight was finally cornering and getting Goganap (who is beastly) and nabbing Humansunder for you.

I will say though, after all our adventures, I'm convinced the Imms need to tweak orcs to be able to better deal with shifters. It was just brutal watching those grizzlies go after you and not seeing you parry or dodge a single hit even though you were Metabolytically Enquickened.

In any case, I demand an explanation!
73462, RE: My ochre ally gone?? Oh noes!!
Posted by Tlingit on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I never thought about this before, but orcs should get some kind of wilderness familiarity when they are in filthy places, Sewers, Swamps, garbage heaps, and thier village. After all orcs are used to fighting in filth and squalor and are masters of disgusting places. I could definatly see orcs getting something like that in those places. Maybe not as profound as the ranger's wilderness fam, but like a 5% boost to defenses and offenses,longer dirt kick like swamp rangers, possibly even a bonus to resistance to poisons and diseases or something, maybe make an expensive orc edge to allow this to happen. Maybe call it Familiar with Filth or something.
73463, Gnome! I am an Orc and I endorse this post. nt
nt
73468, I like this idea, too. nt
Posted by Carthman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
73479, RE: My ochre ally gone?? Oh noes!!
Zizzle! I forgot you. One of my few allies. Very well RPed. It was always fun running around with you. The kill on Goganap was sweet. I hope you continue to stick it out with the whole curse thing.

Thymas