Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Iltanthal Valmet the Tempered Blade of the Fortress, Captain of the Brigade
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=72835
72835, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Iltanthal Valmet the Tempered Blade of the Fortress, Captain of the Brigade
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Oct 3 23:25:53 2008

At 2 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 13th of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Iltanthal perished, never to return.
Race:elf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:334
73293, I know it's stupid to teach Imp, but ...
Posted by Shaapa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I have read all logs you posted of your fights vs tigers ...

You was always retreating from tigers ... and was always lagged after this .... lagged for enough time so tiger entered your room and attacked you before you could quaff potion - this happened a lot of times and you never managed to quaff potion after retreating.

So there is no point at all to retreat from tigers, just flee and hope for lucky not pounce.

P.S. You had enigma on one warrior and soul of the mountain on this warrior. What legacy did you find more useful for surviving?
73294, That's a very good point...
Posted by Twist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
...and when I get around to posting other logs you'll see I learned that on my own, actually. My thought was that retreat combined with elf sneak might give me a chance to quaff the potion before he could scan all, go the correct direction, and attack. It didn't work out that way.

I did escape once by the skin of my teeth with that, though. And I did escape by the skin of my teeth by getting lucky and having him fail pounce when I just plain fled, too.

As for usefulness, I think I got the best usefulness out of each of them. Iltanthal had about 1100 hp with decent (not gearing for +hp) eq. It allowed me to stick in some fights and get the win. Enigma would've allowed me to escape the fights you are refering to, but not many others (I generally was outdamaging my foes or they had no way to keep me in combat, so being able to quaff in combat wasn't hugely necessary). But as dodgy and hard to hit as Iltanthal was, that extra 200 hp usually let me last a few extra rounds (esp. if I had some good DR up).

Turning that around and talking about Hunsobo, he had about 1200 hp with decent (not gearing for +hp) gear. Another 200 might have been nice, sure, but it wasn't going to get me out of the large fights I faced against entwining STSF elfs and such. It'd have bought me another round, tops, against folks like that.

Edited to add: Anytime you want to give me pointers, Shapa, you go right ahead.
73298, I've got only one idea about tigers and enigma ...
You eat a lot of speckled pills (probably more than anybody else i have ever met). And they aren't cheap at all!

Why not spend a bit of your money to win the orb of travel? :) One orb of travel should be always in our hands (helps to save our eq, your money, our preps, our time and whatever else, can replace enigma legacy).

Of course it's obivious and you already know about it :)
73299, It can not replace enigma legacy
Posted by Elhe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
as soon as you get blinded
73300, Of course not!
However you can get maelstorm legacy and use orb of travel when blind. This choice will offer some other interesting advantages as well. Every combination has it's own advantages/disadvantages. And afterall what are the chances to get caught into quicksand/being pounced/being entwined and being blinded the same time?

But my post wasn't about this. I was just saying that having orb of travel is a must (i learned it the hard way when playing few anti-paladins, however it killed Soidel when i tryed to wear it having 56 hp and damn - i was kotegaeshed :p). Perhaps Twist has played few mages/outlanders who don't need/can't get by his own these orbs and that's why forgot about it. So i thought i may remind him about this beautiful item :)
73304, Let's better gang him together =) n/t
Posted by Elhe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
73301, Yep...
Again, something I started doing later in life. Actually Celenai used to give them to me whenever she had extras, so toward the end I had 2 spare at any given time.

In the logs you've read, I either didn't have one yet or didn't have time to get one. Other logs that aren't all that interesting show me getting assraped by a tiger and holding the orb at about 35% (with the tiger at small but disgusting) after roughly 3 rounds.

Edited to add: And toward the end Kharnial started using camelspit on me every time to start so that I'd be unable to use the orb, so I started just fleeing and quaffing each time he started with camelspit (if it worked) before he could shift into the tiger. It got somewhat boring, I think, for both of us, which is why he started fighting me w/o ABS and stuff.
73060, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Iltanthal Valmet the Tempered Blade of the Fortress, Captain of the Brigade
Posted by Humbert on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hey yeah cool thanks :) Sorry I've not been CFing much for now, outside factors and all that... About the racking up PKWins, you're quite right... but as a goodie at hero levels (lowbie ranks are easy for big kills), somehow most evils are competent/cautious enough to anticipate the bashdown or flurrydown or triplag cranial at the outer guardian. Those who weren't able to stop those tactics would be... pretty much dead.

I did not have you tagged as Twist! And it is the height of irony that my sword giant had the exact same initial two selected legacies as Hunsobo. I actually built Humbert intentionally to be cookie-cutter-powerful. Yes, it's boring, I know... but I figure I'd better become a better player before intentionally making a weaker than ideal character.

That said, elf STSF/Soul dagger is another super powerful cookie-cutter type, just not really built for big numbers. You might be consoled to know that Humbert's numbers (my approximation) are nowhere even near a third of your giant sword Emperor. :) You were definitely one of the players I -knew- were better/more skilled than me, which is always unbelievably welcome, and also unfortunately rare, in Fortress. You were a cool char. I only wish I had interacted more with you instead of pretty much disappearing into obscurity with my weak login times.
72920, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Iltanthal Valmet the Tempered Blade of the Fortress, Captain of the Brigade
Posted by Tubnic on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Jesus Christ Twist, how do we always end up playing together? Evori + Fobrin, Vryaeth + Hunsobo, Eelo + this one. You're stalking me.
72921, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Iltanthal Valmet the Tempered Blade of the Fortress, Captain of the Brigade
And on another note, huge thanks for going into Hell for me :D I felt <3ed
72979, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Iltanthal Valmet the Tempered Blade of the Fortress, Captain of the Brigade
Posted by julaed on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hey great character! I am glad we had the time to interact like we did. And twist was Eelo?!?! Wow... I thought he seemed relatively new. *chuckle* anyways good luck with your next character
72980, Huh?
I played Iltanthal, not Eelo. Not sure who that was.
72989, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Iltanthal Valmet the Tempered Blade of the Fortress, Captain of the Brigade
No, I was Eelo. I was saying we tend to play characters that end up in the same cabal together a lot.
72919, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Iltanthal Valmet the Tempered Blade of the Fortress, Captain of the Brigade
Posted by Myn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Enjoyed traveling with you and fortress life before things got too crowded. I don't know how you lasted so long with the tedium.

72857, Ew.
Posted by Alzinghul on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Our fights were so incredibly lopsided that I really did not even see a reason to fight you anymore. Two searing light daggers with you hitting me for deva four-five times a round is absurd, thanks for leaving most of my things when we did fight. What I still can't understand is without haste you took me down in two rounds with two hordes with me, elf dagger maran vs orc is an awful awful matchup so I'm sure you understand the bringing a couple of people with me when we had to take you on. Tap your inner Orc.
72866, I had every available edge known to elf...
...to help me defend against the horde, do more swiftstrikes, more concealeds, etc. etc.

I also had upwards of 60 damroll, and that plus hitting a vuln with a high-avg weapon and having heightened reactions...yeah ow.

Sorry I forgot you and Thymas among my uncaballeds post. You were definitely a couple of chars that I was glad existed. You brought a lot to the game. You've a great attitude, and I don't blame you at all for attempting to gang and such.
72846, Had a great time!
Posted by Lsoelel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Always had an interesting time when you were around. Thanks for showing me around those times. I just wonder who will compulsively raid now. At least there's no one to steal my punchlines anymore :p.
72848, Knew I'd forget you, sorta...
You were just plain a competant-if-not-scary guy. Nice to have around, because while you might not be a kill-sealing type guy, you were also not the "oh crap save my bacon" type guy either. :)
72836, Had to pull the trigger...
I'd been having a difficult time keeping interest in Iltanthal.

Then I got assassinated/not-quite-full looted. And then secondarily looted by another guy right before I got back to the corpse.

But ok, trudge onward, no big deal. Still had/got a nice set. Got a bunch of my things back from an orc who must have gotten them from the assassin.

Then got ganged by the same assassin and two orcs.

And not-quite-but-almost full looted again. By the same assassin.

Now it had become difficult to have fun. Not due to the shinies, but because I'd become so dependant on two shinies (hummingbird pendants) that fighting without them seemed painful. I'm not talking PK - they helped a little in PK but generally fights were over so quick...no, I'm talking like...I used to be able to solo mobs easy and now I was having to flee to rest up (with crappy elf-con) when they were only at small but disgusting cuts.

That and the attitude of the full looter. I call it full because it would've been if he could've carried more.

So, sorry Raybaer, but hey I didn't bail on this guy NEARLY as fast as Fobrin.

Goodbyes to follow.
72837, Goodbyes
Lots of people to mention here. And I'm enough of a dolt that I'll forget some of you. Sorry. Throw a shout out and I'll respond. :)

Oh and if anyone I had a fight with does NOT mind me posting logs (active chars) let me know. Otherwise I'll hold on to them until you're dead.

72838, Fortress
I pretty much loved having all of you in the cabal alongside me. For a while there, yes, there were too many of us. I blame Mizfara. But toward the end, it seemed to be balancing out.

Isendor, rock on. I know you felt bad about those two items, but nobody in their right mind would expect you to do anything other than what you did. And again, awesome that you got him. Keep getting him! HAR!

Synoria, you're pretty damn badass. For an acolyte. Keep it up, great RP, it was always great to see you log in.

Padwei, you're the perfect acolyte, as far as I'm concerned. Well done.

Humbert, you rock when you're around. Too bad your times are droppin'.

Volu, Saerali, Mrwarz, Una - each of you was a great companion whenever we managed to match up. Strong presences all.

Corrlaan - who? Heh just kidding man, I simply do not play when you are on, so I never saw ya. But I know you rock.

Baerinika - Thanks for Maraning/Captaining. I'll be honest now that it's all done with - I was REALLY hoping for Maran after the Hell thing. Worked out in the end, but sorta funny (and not wrong at all, btw) that the Hell thing actually worked to DELAY Maranation. Hah! At least the long-time-to-Maranhood deal, along with making Javapaladin Marshall instead of me (another good choice), should quell anyone who might cry favoritism. Then again, maybe not. Some people are dumb. Anyways thanks for everything, you are a great imm from both a mortal and immortal viewpoint, IMO.
72850, RE: Fortress
Posted by Synoria on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
*grin*

I totally knew this was you! I picked it up really early...
which means probably know who I am...We really keep running
into each other way too much. Well more on that when I croak.

I love the spirit of your chars, and was a load of fun not actually
having to fight one of the dagger freaks for a change!
Always great playing with someone who understands
that there are worse things then dieing, and that
trying the really hard things...even suspecting your toast is actually
a lot of fun. Great spirit =)

That said I'm sick of trying to talk council members out of
deleting, yeash, you guys sure depress me sometimes. Your something
like the third Captain I've been present with as they go. Bleh.

Great char though, and good show, always fun watching
you at work =)
72852, RE: Fortress
Posted by Volubryotr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Awww. Things changed for me recently IRL so I dunno about
strong presence, but I'm working it out. Thanks for all the
fun. You were always good for a scrap or three. Kind of a
scary guy. :) As to the above bit if I'm in a log of yours
I don't mind if you post it. I'm pretty sure anyone who
fights me already knows what I can and cannot do. :)

I wish you had waited a little to "pull the trigger" though.
I wanted another try at you in the arena. :) Had me a plan
this time.
Hehe.
72854, RE: Fortress
Posted by Saerali on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fun, fun!

You exasperated Saer no end with all your ending up warranted :P If she'd dared, she probably would have got on your case as well...but I doubt you'd have listened. Was always fun coming along to see what would happen next though. Are the Maran leaders jinxed? Everyone seems to delete...

Oh, and it's good to know I was right to tease Celenai! *imp*
72855, RE: Fortress
Posted by Java on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think I already told you, but I loved the char. Great job.

Honestly, I hought you'd get Captain instead of me, too.. but I knew once I deleted that it was yours anyways. And what it take? About 20 minutes after I hit delete?

Great char. Nobody could say you didn't deserve everything you got.
72856, I knew you'd get Captain...
For one, you were just plain a better choice. You played more hours and were more of an overall leader to others than I was.

For two, Baerinika liked you more. You were a great virtuous paladin of Baerinika. I was the guy who had sex with a bull to save a gnome.

For three, Baerinika knew who I was, by that point, and no way was she going to have another Fobrininstadeletion on her hands. :P
72863, RE: Fortress
Posted by Isendor on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Awww man, I gotta say this disappoints me. I always had the feeling that when Ilt and Isen were together we could pretty much tackle any situation, and we usually did. Thanks for showing me a few things and thanks for taking everything in stride regarding those items.

Way to bring back the siddle :P
72896, Fun stuff
The trip to Trothon was very fun - me being every bit the inappropriately-aware-of-elf-chick-beauty warrior and you being every bit the stuffy "You shouldn't say that" paladin. Hope you enjoyed my comment about you having a cactus spine up your ass. ;)

I was really happy you got made Marshall for two reasons: 1. You deserved it and you were, in my mind, the top candidate for the job and 2. Now someone could step in and continue inducting apps, so my deletion wasn't a big deal.

I got the sense, the night before I deleted, that you were very disapproving of my willingness to kill a neutral - both the bard that slept me and that one particular mob. I think my intention to delete soon may have bled through a bit too, but in any case I got a little sense of disapproval from you. Probably well deserved, heh.
72868, mothereffing Twist!
Posted by Rayihn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Heh, ok I knew this was coming. As always, you kick ass and I'm profoundly glad to have you on my side, even though I know my tendancy towards anti-favortism sometimes twerks you the wrong way. :)

That whole hell thing...well, of couse Baer was upset, especially because you dragged Cormindon down there to save a GNOME! Heh I'm not sure why you thought that would be a Maran worthy thing to do. Ironically, it was a very Acolytey thing to do!

Good luck on your next, though I know you don't need it! Try not to rough up my boys too much if you go to the dark side.
72870, RE: mothereffing Twist!
>Heh, ok I knew this was coming. As always, you kick ass and
>I'm profoundly glad to have you on my side, even though I know
>my tendancy towards anti-favortism sometimes twerks you the
>wrong way. :)

I understand anti-favoritism and feel it is a necessary evil. Honestly I don't think you were unfair toward me at all. If anything, I only think you take the anti-favoritism stuff too far when it's one of Daevryn's chars, but then even that is probably a necessary evil. :P

>That whole hell thing...well, of couse Baer was upset,
>especially because you dragged Cormindon down there to save a
>GNOME! Heh I'm not sure why you thought that would be a Maran
>worthy thing to do. Ironically, it was a very Acolytey thing
>to do!

Why I thought it was Maranworthy? 'cuz I'm an idiot. Or Ilt was. Whatever. :)

>Good luck on your next, though I know you don't need it! Try
>not to rough up my boys too much if you go to the dark side.
72877, RE: Fortress
Posted by Neleai on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I know I was a relatively bland character(shifter+insane half the time, hard to get rp in) so thats why you would forget me :P But I liked Iltanthal, and the captain was well deserved. Too bad we didn't run together too much--Neleai was pretty much a solo type except when raiding/retrieving. I probably should have tried to make her less shy, oh well :P Good luck with your next, and keep rolling goodies(if you roll anything at all) so you don't have to kick my ass.
72897, I didn't forget you...
...my goodbyes were primarily for folks who were still active. I posted under your goodbye thread. :P

I didn't think you were bland. You were a quality friend to have around.
72910, RE: Fortress
Posted by Dain on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I suppose my Fortress chars are really easy to forget, since I think I have played around five of them, and never made Maran. Anyway, you were one tough elf, good luck with whatever you roll next.
72913, Running with you was hella fun.
Posted by Kernagor on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I loved the banter - I would say random outrageous dwarfy things and you'd just cut the ground out from under me with one delicately placed, utterly devastating barb, and walk away leaving me sputtering for a comeback. Thanks for drinking with Kern and hanging out and dealing with my terrible pk skill :)

You were very scary and very competent. And you apologized for everything, even when it wasn't your fault. I always imagined...

Lightning strikes an orphanage a thousand miles away.

Iltanthal: Sorry guys, next time I'll stop it.

P.S. As Destim, watching that arena fight with Satebos was awesome. You would totally have beaten anyone else with that, I swear to god.
72917, Wow, it was you.
Posted by Cormindon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked saving your ass on Cormindon. ^_^
We always seem to have fun together, even when we are enemies.

~Zephon
72918, Awesome.
You figured into my role long after you deleted, as Iltanthal dealt with Cormindonguilt and Celenai.

You were a great running-mate. :)
72935, RE: Fortress
Posted by Tanith on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We didn't interact much, but I was really impressed by you. I think the first time I sat up and realized you weren't elf-fortress-#5237828912 was during PP's arena. You pulled some CRAZY stunts out against Satebos, and I found myself wondering who the man behind the mask was.

Anyhow -- after that I started paying attention, and saw consistent slickness. So, uh, well done?
72840, Empire
I've almost nothing nice to say, here. So I'll not say anything, in those cases.

Zefta - I appreciate you giving me a fight at the Vanquisher, after you two got me earlier. Classy. Good luck.

Eleia - I remember what particular thing you were talking about at the Arena, but remember, I didn't loot you. I know that doesn't make you feel better, and I guess I wouldn't blame you for vengeance on me, however.

A lot of you I never really saw, largely because of playing times and what have you.
72909, RE: Empire
Posted by Ghan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry about that last fight, Ghan never really took alot from the few foes he did manage to kill, I tried to tell you to hurry as my companions were seriously depleting your gear. I think I took your wide coppers, but hey, what fire giant worth his salt wearing charred bracers wouldnt have, right? Other than that you were just too much for Ghan, even with haste/stoneskin/protection 34 hit roll, and 68 dam roll I couldnt beat you.
72911, RE: Empire
Posted by Ahtieli on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't mind if you post our fights.

I cann't say much about this char since we did not meet much. We had some interesting fights but I've never came close to killing you.

I'm unsure what you have against me but it's your choice.

Good luck with your next.
72915, I don't have much against you...
...and didn't really have anything "against you" as Iltanthal, other than the whole wanting to destroy your very existence and all.

We didn't interact much. The few times we did were nothing special.
72944, RE: Empire
Posted by Krikar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Damn I hated you.. we had some fights we did back when I was around. I shoulda figured it was you. So what do you think about elf dagger specs after having played one?
72945, Elf Dagger STSF
I'm not saying they aren't/can't be deadly/badass/etc. But they definitely don't fit my playstyle if you want to rack up the kills. I believe I broke 50 with Iltanthal in 330ish hours. None before hero. Feilinal (Elf whip/spear STSF) had about 30 more than that in roughly the same hours.

Now granted, I didn't expect to have Hunsobo-ish numbers. You're Fort Elf, for crying out loud. Over half those you could PK are off limits. And the numbers were huge in Fort's favor, so getting ANY pk was sort of a feat - it required someone with balls enough to stick around despite overwhelming odds (lookin' at you, kid), AND it required hunting alone, AND it required getting to that one guy before everyone else when someone announced where he was.

Still, though - I found that people would fight me, and if I was winning/racking up STSF counters, they would flee (no great way of command denial, and they'd flee (mostly) before the cutoff part started), teleport somewhere remote, and wait off all the STSF counters.

It all comes down to this - I "won" a lot of fights with Iltanthal. But I only sealed a kill about, say...1/4 of the time.

If I wanted to get a lot of PKwins, I'd take a Humbert/Hunsobo build over an Iltanthal build. Again - the deadliest (in terms of sheer pkwins which, I think, is a good barometer) char ever as far as I know has been Kostyan, which was a very similar build (same legacies), so it's not that they CAN'T get a lot of PKwins. It's just harder for me personally, likely because I'm just not as good at chasing as Kostyan (and many others).
72841, Scion
Lezra, you are a beast. We seemed to have a mutual respect, though our last encounter left a bad taste in my mouth, obviously.

Sletren, fun fights when you were around - just wasn't that often.

Valkathi, likewise, though you were definitely around more often. Props for sticking in there when outnumbered. Good luck.

The rest of you (the golden (scepter) retrievers) - meh. Not much interaction. I'm sure you're skilled.
72859, Sweet! I killed Twist!
Posted by Kharnial on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Great character all around.
72898, Why do people keep saying that?
In fact, didn't you say that same thing in my Galtholnicus goodbye thread? :P

Killing one of my chars isn't a big accomplishment. Pwning me like you generally did is more of an accomplishment, though. :)
72937, For some reason, *shrug*, people actually think you are good at this game!~
Posted by Abernytee on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
~
72942, RE: Why do people keep saying that?
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Karma for Hunsobo. Hah.
72874, RE: Scion
Posted by Lezra on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry about our last little encounter... I've just been frustrated as of last. It's just a hard spot I've painted myself into( your above is something similar to what I've been through)... so I'm sorry you were on the reciveing end. But I'm glad to see the char go obviously becuase you were so deadly to me. And such a force in the fortress. Come to the darkside, I could use a hand! Much respect.
72948, Agreed.
Posted by Sletren on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Had fun fighting you when I was around.. unfortunately RL is keeping me from being on as often as I'd like. See you around.
72842, Battle
Ruhktanshi, I liked you to begin with, but after the "war"? Meh.

Dhaath, respect, but I didn't really get "evil" as a vibe from you. Considering my previous char was Galtholnicus and he was super-diet-coke-of-evil, I can empathize. It's hard being a bastard when all you really wanna do is murder magi.

Didn't really interact with many of the rest of you who are still active.
72986, How come we always end up on opposite sides
Posted by Dhaath on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You raped Drakgrak as Hunsobo, and you were the ONLY meelee character who gave Dhaath the arse kicking of his life on every occassion. And the reason I wasn't evil around you was cos I liked you a lot. I was definitely menacing and much more evil to most of the fort paladins. Humbert also never got to see my evil side. Class act, but then you are building up an impressive roster of chars. Always a pleasure, hats off.
I am gone too.
72843, Tribunal
Tlingit, rock solid. You're a great Provost. I broke the law just about every time you thought I did. Including that one time that you always wondered about. Mizfara (Marcatis follower, bah) got on me a bit about outright lying to you. I promised her to not lie to Tribs anymore, and I didn't anymore after that...at least until she died. Toward the end I didn't get flagged very often. Too many goodie guards all over the damn place.

Shalsad, I'm really hoping it's your roleplay to act how you act. If so, well done, a truly great evil mealymouth weasel bastard. If not? Bah.

Elorit, tough to pin down.

Koolchi, I didn't lie to you. They did attack me. I just happened to attack them first. :)
72849, RE: Tribunal
Posted by volubryotr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Half a heartbeat man... I have the log. :)
Not that it would have changed anything for me. *rofl*
You should have seen my face IRL "He didn't!!!"
"He DID!"
Hehehe.
I had to run off for a while to figure out what
Volu would REALLY do, and man it took me a while.
72851, Yeah sorry...
I felt bad. Paladins in my group quickly learned to have autoassist off. Right Isendor? :P
72865, RE: Tribunal
The lying thing wasn't because I was a Marcatis follower, per se. I just felt like bald-faced lying isn't something a goodie, esp. a fortress goodie, shouldn't be doing. Like I said at the time, I wasn't asking you to incriminate yourself. Just refuse to cooperate. Take the 5th, so to speak.
72899, Wanted Iltanthal Y
That's what any Tribunal worth their salt would do if they asked me "did you just kill that guy?" and I said "I refuse to answer."

Bottom line is this: I've always railed against honesty being a virtue that is associated with honor, and I've always railed against honesty being a virtue that is associated with goodness. Do paladins need to be honest? Absolutely. But if you've ever been pulled over by a cop and made up an excuse to get out of a ticket, that doesn't make you evil, it makes you someone who either doesn't want to pay a fine or doesn't agree with the speed limit. Iltanthal was the latter. He didn't agree that any evils should have any protection in towns. So if someone who disagrees with that is going to ask him to incriminate himself, he's going to basically do everything he can to subvert that whole system.
72878, RE: Tribunal
Posted by Koolchi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That investigation was fun till Pelrin started to complain as what happened actually. Lezra didn't care at all, but all other Fear the WARRANT.

I should have known not to trust the Fortress so blindly. But it was fun.
72844, Nexus
Who?

Oh yeah, Pelrin. Tough char. Glad I could give you a run for your money.

Kikebi, fun grouping with you that one time.
72845, Outlander
Camridarinil, great ally. Loved when you were around. And you really tooled me in the Arena (which is why I got shields from Celenai for the tourney - and no, Lyristeon, I'm not sorry I did). We didn't hardly ever actually fight together, but when we did we were pretty deadly.

Jayundar, deadly, fun-yet-frustrating to fight.
72853, It was fun!
Posted by Seyriannia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

We didnt really have too many kills together. Or really ran together all that often. But I enjoyed Iltanthal. Really wanted to run more with you. As you seemd like someone to learn from.

72922, Two things and a question.
Posted by Lyristeon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
1, It's my job to heckle at the arena events. Especially you maran guys.

2. Well, you know for sure that I really don't pay attention to who is playing who. Even you got picked on by me a bit for that.

Was my picking on you too harsh?
72923, Heh
>1, It's my job to heckle at the arena events. Especially
>you maran guys.
>
>2. Well, you know for sure that I really don't pay attention
>to who is playing who. Even you got picked on by me a bit for
>that.
>
> Was my picking on you too harsh?

Nah! But you seemed like...overly upset about it, like I wasn't playing fair or something.

Was it' 'cuz I used it against an Outlander? :P
72926, RE: Heh
Posted by Lyristeon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If you were evil, I would have tattooed you and changed your sphere to deception. :P
72951, RE: Outlander
Posted by Camridarinil on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
My complaints in the arena were half-hearted. Though I might have fought you successfully if you hadn't had those added protections, I could not have done nearly as well as you did in the later rounds.

I liked Iltanthal's spirit, his willingness to fight as necessary and the recognition of what our alliance looked like. I enjoy your characters, whether they are friends or foes. Keep them coming.
72847, Heralds and Uncaballeds
Pioche, Zanarlok, thanks for all the arena fights.

Jessitrai, thank you for all your help all those times.

Etielise, was great fun exploring/RPing with you.

Celenai. Ah, Celenai. Iltanthal's really sorry to leave you. You'll get the in-game note. Thanks for all the lovey-dovey elfie RP. I tried to make it not so thick as to be uncomfortable, hopefully that worked. I gotta start making my chars woman-haters or chauvenists or ugly or something.
72871, RE: Heralds and Uncaballeds
Posted by Etielise on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Always great to have disastrous Herald/Fort exploration party adventures. Oh, by the way, you may not have caught wind of this, but I had a lot of fun trying to convince Celenai to tap that. Blame Ryasyn, otherwise I'd have never been on your side. :P

Jeez. This is what, like, 4 Twist characters I've outlived now? I'm old.
72880, What?!
You had to convince her?

Damn. Burn.

:P
72907, Oh, just a nudge or two. nt
Posted by Etielise on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
72875, You were godlike. No pun intended.
Posted by Alietrius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
After watching you against Satebos in the arena match, I was just thinking to myself: "Damn, this guy's a beast! I never thought a warrior, would/could do so well against a Lich mano-a-mano." Granted I'd never seen you around in game before, so I didn't know how well you fought, etc.

Anyhow, don't really know you aside from the few times I said hello, or you asked me if so and so was around, but sucks to have one less on our side.

Good luck with the next!
72879, RE: Heralds and Uncaballeds
Posted by Zanarlok on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What a bad ass elf. Had some good fights and you more or less got the best of me everytime. Great Char and good luck with your next.
72912, Dude come on!
Posted by Ryasyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You're an imm and you didn't know how to get into the Ghoul Tunnels?!

After finally getting the group in the place and finding out we couldn't actually hit the guy, I almost cried when some random lowbie duergar told me how to get the key.

Thanks for helping to try and get in there, though.
72932, It was fun
Posted by Celenai on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Aww.. the handsome hero is gone. What a bummer. I had a lot of fun interacting with Iltanthal, sorry my time has been a little sketchy lately, life's been getting busy and all that. Well, you can be assured Celenai will miss you.
72860, Sorry about that fight there...
Posted by Zefta on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sucks that you lost so much. But I think it was that we didn't retrieve against you when you wanted that got you a bit pissed, right? We were quite far off already and had younger ones to do the deal for us.

Never interacted much with you, only that brief time after our fights. Can't believe that I went down to fight you at the vanquisher when slowed... Though you were a beast, damn you hit hard!

I always enjoy you chars, and I'm certain I would have if you had stayed around longer. :D

Keep them coming!
72867, Nah, no biggie...
I wasn't pissed at all. I'd already pretty much decided I was deleting when I first started that initial raid. I had sanc and haste from a couple preps and thought I could maybe take one of you out, but right before you came I got hit by the Warlock with a sigil, so there went sanc. And you both had haste from the shizzle so...

My only real complaint about the retrieval deal was that I managed to finish off the raid against the Council and you two (three) didn't show. Then I rested in Imperial lands at 23%hp thinking you had a Centurion Trap and you three didn't show. Then I walked all the way back to Voralian, healed up there, still no sign. Then I got to the Fortress and placed the Codex, still no sign. Then you send a level 21 (I think? Maybe 23) duergar (vuln-tara'bal) to try to retrieve and he's writhing before the Tara'bal is even to small but disgusting. He has to leave and heal up to return, meanwhile you can't be bothered to swoop in (3 of you? I'd have gotten smoked, likely) and retrieve yourselves.

It's the sort of thing that I'd have done a mocking gecho about if I'd seen it as an Imm. While what you did was not wrong in regards to Imperial Law, or Sect Law, it sure seemed...weak.

But double XP was just too strong a drug, I can understand.

Anyways you two look like you might help Empire's evening presence, which is sorely needed, so good luck!
72872, Ooh, we werent ranking...
Posted by Zefta on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We were far down in the underdark... We never thought the duergar would be able to retrieve, so we decided to get it once we were done. hehe
72864, RE: Had to pull the trigger...
Hah. I should have known it was you. It was weird how we sort of "clicked" during the first arena tournament, even though we hadn't really spoken much before then. FWIW, you were my choice for Captain after I croaked.
72869, Yeah I know...
You sorta made that plain. And meanwhile I pretty much knew it'd be Llondolis, so I'm like "Me? Surely you jest."

But yeah when Miz and Ilt were running together, it was sorta Waserax/Hunsobo all over again, except far less deadly. :P This time our two chars didn't really complement each other at all. At least not like summonbash did. But we were still very effective if we weren't facing Waris and Kharnial. :)