Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectNeed to delete
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=72650
72650, Need to delete
Posted by Kiadela on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really wanted to age death this character but some things came up. Hurricane Ike knocked out power on my block and it is still out. I guess when you live in a trailer park, you get last priority (actually I think they got it first, it is the lower middle-class that gets screwed).

I had fun with this character, it was my first one in over 3 years. I started playing in college back in 1995, a lot has changed since then. For those of you that think the player base is worse now than then, you are nuts. It was a thousand times more cut throat. Full loot was someone being nice. I remember people charming me and giving me xp deaths, not once but like 5-10 times a night. I would have 0 xps and need 300K to level. Also, I was plagued till I could not move and no mana. They just withered me till I was old age. Think I had like 50 hours :)

Long story short, the player base was great. I got full looted one time in all my pk deaths and that was by a lowbie. Heck, I would have done the same thing, in fact I did to some hero invoker when I was level 20ish :)

I liked tribunals. I use to play only empire, but I think unless you really know what you are doing, empire is as tough as Scions. To many damn enemies. It is either all enemies or all empire. Tribunals allowed me to log on whenever, it really didn't matter. I could still do my thing without getting hunted down to the point where I wanted to deleted. If you are new to the game and want to play a decent cabal, tribunal is fun. Not having to deal with the cabal swings is great.

Overall, I give myself a "D" for the character. I really never had a role. I sucked at pvp. I also sucked as a tribunal. I made a lot of mistakes. I never played a tribunal before and really did not understand a lot of the laws. Also, playing an invoker tribunal is hard. You got to be very careful with your spells, even with civil elementalist (whatever it was called). Not being able to use iceslick, rain, webs, quicksand, in town made it hard. I tried to fight outside of towns. Even with barrier, I usually had to flee before whoever I fought did. I just do not know enough about limited gear to make myself deadly.

Anyways, I had fun, great game. I really wish you immortals would make this into an MMORPG. I gonna start playing Warhammer online, but I rather play Carrion Fields Online :)
72674, Kiadela was fun to fight
Posted by Purrtis on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Although it took you a long time to figure out not to use fire on a felar wearing a troll skin hide :) Good luck on your next.
72663, RE: Need to delete
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really respected the way you made a mistake as a Tribunal, and turned yourself in (so to speak) immediately without any prompting or anyone credible (to a Tribunal) to witness the mistake you made.
72665, Agreed
Posted by Jayundar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You could have easily gotten away with it, at least from a mortal perspective.

I tried to have more interaction with you about it and walk the fine line between making your character bitter without making the player bitter about what occurred after. I hope that was clear...

Good luck with your next character, whenever it is!