Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Arbel the Master of Changelings, Deckhand
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=72397
72397, (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Arbel the Master of Changelings, Deckhand
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Sep 22 16:24:54 2008

At 7 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 21st of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Arbel perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:shapeshifter
Level:47
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:75
72471, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Arbel the Master of Changelings, Deckhand
Posted by Arbel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, I'll keep this brief.

I wanted to play something with lots of enemies, as I was bored out of my mind with my last char at hero range and no one to fight. So I rolled up a shifter to play in the downtime between chars. Neltouda's religion sounded interesting, but this was the wrong char to try it out with. But don't worry, I'll be Pirating it up again soon.

Had a very hard time playing evil, even harder time playing evil outlander, I'm too much of a hippy tree-hugger in real life to not let that slip through into my Outty RP and it didn't work with the role/char I was playing. I don't know how to be evil without being an ass, and it's not my style to be an ass. It seems like to be an Evil Outlander you just, well, have to be an anarchistic ass who kills anyone you want to.

I miss Sylvan.

Final Note on Forms I had. I was Utility Major Offense Minor.

I liked the wildcat. Hide, camo, creep, sneak with utility enliven. Decent enough form, but no detects made the shadows a scary place to hide.

My Offensive major blew like a whale. Black Rhino. Ugh. This would have been enough reason to delete even if I had liked my role. No tanking, no noticeable damage reduction, not enough damage output to be scary like the ram, a weak impale ability was ok, but the trample ability was disappointing. Only possible to trample things smaller than you are, and the rhino was small. I mean, the snow leopard was bigger than the rhino form. So I could trample a small small portion of my pk range, and the ones I did just outmeleed me anyways.

Definitely needs looking at as a viable final form, because I think right now it's a delete button.

Didn't interact much out of form. I will say that Jayundar gave me the best interview/induction I've had from any cabal. Well done, brother, well done. Keep it up.

Goodbye!

72498, RE: Pirating
Posted by Neltouda on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'll be waiting for something fresh! I will say that I wasn't sure if Arbel was a good fit for Neltouda. The religion is not a kill lots of people for love religion, and it is not a go out and show me you're the king of the mountain religion. While you can pk as many people as you wish and follow me, you can also die all over the place and be just as good of a follower. I wasn't certain if I was getting that message across to Arbel, I almost felt like the goal was to go out and kill lots of people. All that being said, I'm not really sure what all you were out doing, every time I tried to watch you, it just looked like exploring/gearing (some unlucky snoops on my part I'm certain).

Good luck!

Nel
72566, RE: Pirating
Posted by Arbel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Heh, yeah, I do a lot of exploring, and when you play as many hours straight as I do chances are snoopers are going to see me scratching my head wondering what to do next, or reading stuff I've copied/pasted from the Lyceum waiting for some opportunities to arise. That doesn't mean there isn't more going on, it's just that the pure volume of playing tends to dilute the remarkable experiences. Not in a bad way though!

May the Strength of the Storm lighten your load,

Arbel

72548, Thanks!
Posted by Jayundar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't really recall interacting with you much other than your induction, but trust that it was fun for me too.

I was looking forward to seeing a lot more of you. Best of luck with your next!