Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [HERALD] Greikyn Dral'sam the Virtuoso of Inspiration, Painter of Storms
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=72297
72297, (DELETED) [HERALD] Greikyn Dral'sam the Virtuoso of Inspiration, Painter of Storms
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Sep 20 19:38:30 2008

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 5th of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Greikyn perished, never to return.
Race:gnome
Class:druid
Level:50
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:HERALD, the Heralds of the Eternal Star
Hours:145
72349, RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Greikyn Dral'sam the Virtuoso of Inspiration, Painter of Storms
Posted by Erapthion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry to see you go. My times are sketchy at best, given the storm of real-life things hopping from 'round the bend and buggering me when I least expect it.

You were fun, I hope you liked the pirate items I got you, I still have that poncho too!
72350, RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Greikyn Dral'sam the Virtuoso of Inspiration, Painter of Storms
Posted by Odelius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Of course I liked em, still had most of them near the end. I wore that eye patch the entire time too.

You were cool, very intelligent, just wish you were around more. I do understand about RL stuff though, so can't really hassle you for that! Good luck with the character, trannies are a LOT of fun.
72478, Wow, are you Odelius?
Posted by Hmmmm on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Like the gnome way back in the day? WOOOOOT! WELCOMES BACKS!

72494, RE: Wow, are you Odelius?
Yeah, that's me, perma gnome herald. Though I would like to think that I've done a little bit of growing up maturity-wise in the past 4 years away from CF. Odelius was a fun character, but I was such a douche to quite a few Immortals and really didn't much care for anyone but my own little circle of friends at the Inn.

Might I ask who you are, who remembers me from way back when?
72303, Goodbyes
First off, I'd just like to say thanks to all of the Imms for doing what they do with the game. I just came back from a four year break and was happy to see that CF was still around.

The only reason I'm deleting is because I couldn't take being a druid anymore, the class is absolutely horrible for how I like to play, and I'm sure it's great for those who go Outlander or chill in the forest waking to kill enemies. I however, have this problem with not being skilled at all when it comes to PK, even if I had an overpowered combination, I still think I'd suck at it, haha. I've also got to get over my gnome/herald addiction.

Anyhow, just wanted to say thank you to everyone who helped make the few hours that I did play a lot of fun, and I hope I helped everyone else enjoy their time a bit more as well.

Neltouda: Thanks for the empowerment, title, tattoo, etc. You and the Heralds were one of the few things keeping me going after I regretted being a druid somewhere around lvl 40 or so, haha.

Etielise: Awesome HH, very friendly and good on ya for keeping the Heralds in line doing events and such, not letting em fade into the background and disappear. Sorry to have left ya like this right after Ryasyn died, but my enjoyment of the game became about as situational as the druid class is, heh.

Ryasyn: At first, I didn't know how to react to you, still don't think I do, I just sort of started ignoring you for a bit and got used to it. Regardless, I thought you were cool as hell when you weren't being you, a nice change of pace from the standard Herald that I've seen.

Celenai: Thanks for all the random stuff you gave me from the Gambler, you sure are good at that. Wish I could have seen you around more, though I think you logged on a lot later than I did. Can't really be up that late during the week, as I've got work early in the mornings.

Tuk: Where'd you go man? Missed having you around. Bad forms or something?

Eiyanna: Damn you leveled fast, I was stuck up in NYC earlier this week and when I came back, bam, you were hero, haha! You were very cool, and from what I could garner, very well versed in either CF history or Herald knowledge. Your induction interview was amazing, I hadn't quite seen anything that nice in a long time. Not calling shots here or anything, but I'm willing to bet you're the next HH when Ettie passes on.

The rest of the Heralds: Show up more!

For everyone else, if we interacted at all, feel free to post up and I'll say something.

Erelia: Thanks for the fun the other night, that was a blast putting that on in the Inn, keep on trucking with your awesome character and personality.
72311, DOH!
Posted by Eiyanna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Oh man, why'd you have to delete. I was hoping to adventure with you, and get you to do a painting of me. Grrrr...Anyhow, I liked you. Now, hopefully the other Heralds will start logging on (or I'll get to log on when they are) since we are down two of the main Heralds now. Anyhow, good luck on your next character. Hope you had fun!
72331, RE: DOH!
I wish I had done a painting of you before I left, as I had done one of Ryasyn and Ettie. I only did one final painting before going though, which I gave to Ettie as a farewell.

Wish we got to chat a bit more in game, still. I know you're going to be great, keep it up!
72313, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by Neltouda on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Man, we just had a talk about some quest things, and here you go and delete. I guess I'll have to save that quest action for someone else down the road. Great job with the character, it really seemed like you were filling out your role well.

Neltouda
72328, RE: Goodbyes
Sorry Neltouda, I had sort of been wanting to delete for awhile, but my interactions with my friends IC and you really kept me going when I would have otherwise given up and deleted. I stuck around long enough to do my last event and also to get to speak with you once more IC and chat with you about some stuff that I had been wanting to for awhile.

Oh well, thank you very much for making my 145 hours that much more enjoyable! I think you've got an awesome religion that can be worked around many role possibilities, add to that the fact that you're just a kick ass personality, I definitely enjoyed the pirating!
72315, You are killing me.
Posted by Lerzion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Seriously, after all of our interaction I get relegated to a "post and I'll reply." ug!! You limey bastard! Sorry about the interruption thing, but you had to know I couldn't pass that up. Anyway, I thought you were cool.
72325, RE: You are killing me.
Sorry man, I wasn't trying to shrug anyone off on the farewell, I just hit everyone in Herald.

And yeah, I understand completely. The worst part about it was, I think I gave you a list of each stop we were going to in what order. Stupid me. I had to be upset with you IC, as I thought you were a friend enough not to #### with my event, or even still, not to bring friends. Don't really blame ya though, figured you were stalking from all the way back in Dagden. All that aside...

I really enjoyed our interactions otherwise, and your RP is top notch. One of the better folks I've had the pleasure of running into in game lately, with any of my attempts at returning to CF.
72337, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by Xia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, that's too bad... though I guess Xia is going to end up autodeleting so it doesn't matter everyone I knew is gone. I liked chatting with you, it reminded me of exactly why I play CF: getting a chance to explore those nooks of one's role that usually only exist in what you've written down with the role command, rather than the everyday stuff.

Catch you around some other day, in some other form.
72347, RE: Goodbyes
I was wondering what happened to you. Up until I deleted, no one offered such insightful chats as when I was chatting with you, and don't think I forgot about you either. I kept asking people if they'd seen you around...

Damn you for running off!
72344, MIIIIDDDDGGGEEETTT!
Posted by Erelia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had a blast with you at the Inn, definately fun riling things up as people just stared at us confused. I'm bummed you're gone though, I was really hoping to start hanging out with you more, I saw some potential--Teaching you to sing, and you teaching me to make trees chase after me--I could make a wonderfully active tree farm.

Make a character you feel more pk-wise more comfortable with, and hang around a bit more with me in the Inn, I need to be kept busy.
72348, RE: MIIIIDDDDGGGEEETTT!
Don't think I've ever been comfortable PK-wise with anything except an assassin. I really enjoy the ease of picking your own fights and avoiding ones you don't want with that class. If only elves could be assassins, I'd love to try that out! I've had drow/arial/human assassins, maybe its time to try felar, could be some fun RP opportunities there!

Regardless of what is next, I'll hopefully get hooked into the next char and be around to torment you or keep ya company or something. You were too much fun when you were around the Inn.
72302, ummm... I just spoke with you.
Posted by Namanrin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Why you Del?... and why you give up on goin' outlander??? like I said... I'd have inducted you.

Nam
72304, RE: ummm... I just spoke with you.
I probably should have gone Outlander, as I think I might have had a bit more fun being a druid there. I don't know, I think it was a combination of having a chat with one of the refuge, I believe someone under you, and then some rather ####ty interactions with a few of the Reaver's inductees, I was just turned off a bit.

Enlightened on that subject by Vrap and yourself, I guess the three different alignments under the same tree really don't get along all that well. That and a little pondering I did while bored at work, I just sort of fell back on my roots and went Herald, at which point I stopped being a druid really and just ended up being a gnome pirate stuck in a poor class choice. Worked my role around it and the only fun I had anymore from logging in was with friends, not so much the class.

I honestly didn't think you'd have inducted me... After we had that one chat, I leveled up past 20, went and tried to kill a few people and just got completely reamed. I've got to kick this gnome addiction, vuln blunt just really sucks.
72300, You ####.
Posted by Etielise on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was not ready to say bye to yet another Herald. But, hey, you do what you have to.

It was nice to have Greikyn around; he was subdued, sometimes even a little fatherly, which played in well with the other Heraldic hyperactivity. I hope you had fun with Greikyn--I did. :D

Good luck with the next one.
72305, RE: You ####.
I know Ettie, I'm very sorry, and I understand. I pretty much figured you were sitting there like "What the ####?!" when I said I was heading back out to sea.

I didn't want to leave you like that, but hopefully some of the new heralds will be more active. I've faith that you can fill the Inn with more fun and talent.