Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectPurrtis cat got bored and wandered off for good.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=72135
72135, Purrtis cat got bored and wandered off for good.
Posted by Purrtis on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Purrtis was awesomely fun. I tried to make him as choatic as I could without making him chaotic stupid. I never did assassinate the duergar king, but I made some good progress towards it. I managed to break into the duergar throne room solo, and get a good look around for recon. If I was in the caves I was pretty hot ####, and if I was in the woods I was pretty ok. However in the city I usually ended up getting myself into trouble, because I am a lazy prep person. There were several times that I died from sheer pinball damage trying to get out of the spire, but it never stopped me from trying like hell.

Tlingit- You were fun to fight against, but you were about the only one I was genuinely scared of. The damage from the gator is too unpredictable. Plus I like your no nonsense attitude.

Shalsad- A lot of balls, but I never did like you too much.

Grembelis- I think we both liked each other a lot, and our fights could go either way very very quickly.

Fortress- My only friend, and this was only recently in purrtis' life, was Renkaide. The rest of you I would try to kill if the moment took me.

Village- My sort of friend Lerzion. We got along well enough that I passed you info when I could, other wise didn't have any friends with you guys. Ruhktanshi and I almost butted heads a couple of times, and if I could have got him in a cave I would have went for it.

Nightreaver- Loved to run with you, but you were always aloof, which is good for a reaver. You are tough so keep trucking.

Macha- Oh how I miss my sunwarden. When you had me suped up and using predator's stance I felt invincible. You were awesome to be around.

Lei-something- The druid I met today. You were very fun and jumped right into fights. Keep up the good work, I see a future harbinger there.

This was my favorite outtie so far. Thanks for the fun. I'm partially deleting because my new teaching job is REALLY demanding my time. Also, like I said, Purrtis was just getting boring for me. I'll be around still, but I don't think I'll have a serious character again any time soon.

Purrtis cat will bites you all later.
72546, I really like Purrtis..
Posted by Namanrin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I always knew you'd be down for a fight.. or just for random mischief...

worst memory I can think of with you... was that time by the fort when that idiot bard kept sleeping us ;)... too funny...

anyway... good luck with next bro...

Nam

p.s.: I always thought you were a lightwalker for some reason!?!?!?

72406, RE: Purrtis cat got bored and wandered off for good.
Posted by Jayundar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
One of my favorite non-evil Outlanders, Jayundar always thought you were a lot closer to her than the Light. Definitely had your back anytime people would speak ill of you and wanted to hang out a lot more than we did.

Hope you can come back sooner rather than later!
72157, RE: Purrtis cat got bored and wandered off for good.
Posted by Tlingit on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I always had fun fighting you, rangers vs shifters is always an interesting fight, wilds or city, Even with ABS a ranger still has a shot at taking down any shifter especially if they know what they are doing, and you did. Had a few interesting talks with you and I was glad to have you as an opponent that was more than just fight fight fight, you would also try to talk to your opponents and teach them your view, which makes it more interesting when it comes to fighting, because instead of fighting default enemy xxx, you are fighting for your beliefs against someone that is trying to destroy them. That's why I have trouble getting into battles with a lot of villagers, they tend to RP with thier allies and just fight mages, passing it off as they would RP hating them so why would they talk to them, I always pictured they would also be trying to let them know why they hated them to a certain extent, and let them know why they should give up magic ect. You threw a lot of such arguments at me, and I always tried to measure my responses and think them through, rather than giving canned answers. A fun char to have opposing you, good job.

Good luck with whatever you decide to make next.
72143, RE: Purrtis cat got bored and wandered off for good.
Posted by Shumwrahm on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Good char from what I saw. My playing times dropped off pretty considerably as you got close to hero, but Purrtis seemed like a good, consistent Outlander.

Luck to you.
72139, Yeah, we did have some fun fights
Posted by Grembelis on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I definately underestimated you that one time in the underdark. I was as prepared as I thought I needed to be, which was less than it should have been. It was still a lot of fun though. You were always ready to get wanted so that the two of us could mix it up, and were not afraid to come into town and let me know you were there.

Good luck with your next!

Grembelis
72136, Well..now who is going to tell me that Siden is looking for me?
Posted by Lerzion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeah, You were a decent friend out there. I could count on you for some info, and if I could have seen you, I'd probably have passed more your way. The good thing was most tribunals are mages, so we had that in common. Anyway, good luck with whatever you do next. Try an assassin. :)