Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [HERALD] Aephora Lakeshore the Liberator of Paralysis
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=72001
72001, (DELETED) [HERALD] Aephora Lakeshore the Liberator of Paralysis
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Sep 10 11:36:35 2008

At 10 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 31st of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Aephora perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:healer
Level:32
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:HERALD, the Heralds of the Eternal Star
Hours:53
72004, RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Aephora Lakeshore the Liberator ...
Posted by Aephora on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
God, it hurt SO MUCH to delete this character. It has been my favorite character ever. However... the other Heralds can attest that I went from being a pretty dedicated player to suddenly never playing ever. There were reasons for that:

1. TAing a class of 290. Seriously. 290. One TA.
2. Writing scientific publications
3. Being sent all over the country by my boss for professional meetings.

So clearly, my RL is actually going really well, and with luck I'll finally graduate with my Ph.D. without too much more time going by. And then... I'll be back! I can't tell you how much it sucks to have a character that you absolutely loved to play, but yet suddenly have no time. And the joy factor goes down when you can't keep up with Thera events, politics, etc.... especially as a Herald. And I finally got granted my last name! That's never happened to me before and I was so excited!

I didn't want to linger and fade.

Etielise and Ryaysn-

You two rock. By far you were my two favorite characters to interact with, and I was SO THRILLED to be the priestess at your wedding. I realized that the way things were going, I'd log in to find out that one of you two had died of old age, and I'd still be in the low 30s. Mutter.

Iunna-

Thanks for empowering me. Clearly this was my first empowerment class, and I picked you for several reasons. I had the idea of a riddler, and I always wanted to play a healer, and things went from there. We really only spoke that one time in the wine cellar, but I was relieved that you weren't going to be too hard on my obvious ignorance. My biggest challenge was being a Poetry Priestess... and I tried to incorporate your personality and flair into things. I probably failed miserably, but I had fun doing it. I hope that all the fertility influences of Aephora's upbringing didn't overshadow her dedication to you. I walked a fine line there and I know it.

Tanith-

Thanks for helping me out and for being generally fun to be around.

Tubnic-

Aephora had a minor breakdown when she found out you died during one of her trips around the country. But I dedicated part of the riddle contest to you, if you didn't know, and I wrote an Aephora-like euology for you. I really liked how you played your character, very stuffy and gnomish.

All the other Heralds-

God, I realized that things were going downhill when so many new Heralds were around that I hadn't even ever heard of! But I did enjoy my interacts with Greikyn and Borom and all the other Heralds I met only a few times. Sorry to those I didn't meet at all.

That's all for now. Once life settles back down, I'll be back. Thanks for the Imm-love, annonymous Imms.
72018, RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Aephora Lakeshore the Liberator ...
Posted by Etielise on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Gah! You were by far one of the most entertaining Heralds to talk to. I got a lot of giggles out of the chats we had about getting me knocked up and all. Good luck with your real life!
72035, RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Aephora Lakeshore the Liberator ...
Yeah, I had fun with the whole crazy country girl who loves babies thing. I had all these hopes of someday coercing the Imm staff to help me make some of those charms I'd mutter about. Good luck with the Heralds, it's good that there seems to be a fair amount of interest in the cabal. Honestly, I had more fun as a Herald than I have had in other groups. And that's mostly because of our drinking sessions and general fun-ness.
72022, Sucks to see you go...
Posted by Greikyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wish I got to interact a bit more with you, didn't even know what your Herald skill was... All I knew was that you were a chill Herald and not some kook!

Good luck getting that Ph.D soon, I hate large classes, though never been a TA just a student.
72036, RE: Sucks to see you go...
I was mostly just a tale-teller, but it was on my list to expand my repetoire a little bit. Aephora really liked Greikyn... if I had had the time to keep playing, you might have had her following you around and winking at you quite a bit.

Yeah. I can't believe how large that class is, my professor definitely didn't listen when I suggested capping the class at 100. Truth to tell, I really enjoy teaching... but only for groups that I can actually learn people's names and get to know them a bit.
72046, RE: Sucks to see you go...
Posted by Greikyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Largest class I've attended was Psychology 101 I think like 130 kids. Psych 102 was far less, maybe 20-30.

Again, never taught, but as a student I definitely prefer the smaller classes as well; more personal and I enjoy feedback from the prof. Hard to get individual feedback with that many students.

Good luck with RL and again, hope to see you back soon.
72041, RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Aephora Lakeshore the Liberator ...
Posted by Tanith on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Aep! Boo!

You were fun. Thanks for the time spent together. I hope your RL goes as well as your IC life, and we'll see you back soon.
72078, RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Aephora Lakeshore the Liberator ...
Posted by Ryasyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Damn New Heralds.

I really wish you had ranked faster, so you could have come along for all the trips, but ah well. Was still fun arguing about health and putting powders in peoples' drinks.

Oh! And thanks for showing me where Iunna's shrine is, even if I littered in it.
72095, RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Aephora Lakeshore the Liberator ...
Yes, yes, I had hoped to rush up and run around with you all. I was really looking forward to it, but life just had other plans.

Stay alive! You're a great guy to be around.
72079, RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Aephora Lakeshore the Liberator ...
Posted by Tubnic on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Noo! You can't die on me like this :( I didn't get to interact with you nearly as much as I wanted, and yeah I missed the contest :( I have a habit of avoiding cabals I was in with new characters for a while, because I have a paranoia of people guessing who's me by little things. Oh well. Awesome to hear your RL is going great, keep it up! MUD will save a nice little spot for when you get settled.
72096, RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Aephora Lakeshore the Liberator ...
I kept wondering if you were any of the newish people around the Inn. In any case, keep that spot for me and I'll be back as soon as I can.