Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectSEE THIS POST UP HERE??
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=71829&mesg_id=72025
72025, SEE THIS POST UP HERE??
Posted by Mek on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That is precisely what I was talking about. It's not much...and the poster wasn't trying to be malicious. But right there, in black and white..."It's clearly an altercation between some Imms." Hence, the rumor mill starts cranking out hate-pepper not with a rant by some loony, but by some dude who was just making an educated guess and presenting it as a fact. Next, people will speculate as to which Imm the supposed altercation was with...give it a year and it'll be presented as gospel and backed up with an intricate weave of "interpretable, but not necessarily factual" links to old posts. Ugh.

I just know how people think around this joint. Well, at least the outspoken conspiracy theorists.

Again, I am totally cool with you keeping it on the down-low. I would do the same (though honestly, if I wanted to leave without causing any fuss, I'd say it was some big RL stuff and let it die with that).