Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectBest wishes
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=71829&mesg_id=71866
71866, Best wishes
Posted by Quixotic_l_o on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
My family dragged me to church yesterday, and in one of those rare moments of spiritual enlightment, I had an epiphany that can only be described to a traditional christian as heretical: God is a personification of one's community. I won't digress here to explain my leap, but interested parties can pester me elsewhere if they really want more information.

"God as community" is relevant to your departure in two ways. First, each loss of a community member leads to a loss of those differing viewpoints that enrich the whole. CF and the immortal staff become weaker with the loss of each person's unique contributions. Look at what would happen to our government if our fearless leader were surrounded by yes-men. Oops.

Second, this heretical view also means that the narcissistic "I am God", or in this case, "I am CF" is the most dangerous belief an individual can have, for it creates a feedback loop that isolates oneself from reality. The wording of your goodbye suggests that insurmountable disagreements exist somewhere in the upper echelons of CF, and although this is common in all organizations, I entreat all parties not to get caught up in some sort of destructive god-complex.

You departure does me sorrow, but in parting, may your life be filled with all that is good.

Sothlice.