Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Relm the Elemental Lord
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=71619
71619, (DELETED) [None] Relm the Elemental Lord
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Aug 30 22:35:45 2008

At 5 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 28th of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Relm perished, never to return.
Race:half-drow
Class:invoker
Level:48
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:170
71620, RE: (DELETED) [None] Relm the Elemental Lord
Posted by Relm on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Time to end this charade.

So, I played this character for 170 hours. From the day I created this guy to the day I serious stopped playing them (Last Tuesday) that makes this 7 weeks.

That ends up being 4 hours on average a day.

Given the fact I know of at least 6-8 days I couldn't log in due to being away for RL events that really more like 5 hours a day on the days I could play.

I dunno, I figure 5 hours a day is enough, don't you?

But, given the fact I was required by CF to track down certain RL individuals to get into the cabal I wanted it obviously wasn't.

So, I shifted my hours, even added more. So yes, Kharnial, Waris. All those times I talked to you late at night my time? I was dead tired (I get up at 5:30am my time for work.) I'm not good at RP on my good days, and even worse not only on little sleep, but also since I was dreading the fact of facing the next day at work being half-assed because I was staying up late because a stupid game required me to further my character. The bitterness of that was just destroying this character. Plus the fact Relm was rapidly coming under the opinion current Scion leadership were awesome as individuals but couldn't lead the Balator orphanage were making it impossible to play. They continually picked 'flashy' characters over people like him who believed in the cause and were willing to die for it.

Having no allies left, they all deleted in the cabal of their choice at less than 120 hours played, everybody assuming I was already a Scion and treating me such and no real spells left to master, I was radidly running out of reasons to play.

I don't mind a pain in the ass to get into the cabal I chose. I don't mind being told 'No you failed, screw off'. I can handle those. But continuing to mess up my work in order to alter my hours to change my play times to accomidate people who were happy to 'string me along?' I got other things to do.

That being said. I have no grudges. People played the roles they did and my guy just didn't fit in. I really wanted to learn to play an evil mage (my last succesfull mage was a warlock if that tells you how long my absence was). I've had one Scion in the past. I figured with Kharnial posting a note to all begging people to join the guild it was a good time to learn more. I was wrong.

I guess I gotta play a charatcer that works more with my playtimes.

If there's anything I hate about CF, it's the illusion that this is a 24 hour a day game. The truth is, if you don't play the hours of your chosen cabal/immortal/whatever you might as well not be playing.

In the end, I figured it was best to give up Relm's slot, few limited items, and what not, and stop holding up hope. He was fun to play, but I'd learn 10x as much playing a character with actual allies then I would continuing to play Relm who would just contiune to go it alone 99% of the time.

I'll be back. :-)

-Relm
71621, If that's the impression I gave, I apologize
Posted by Kharnial on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
From the getgo, the Scions observing you told me you weren't really qualified. But PK really isn't everything...I wanted to see where your RP leads. After all, RP should be half the game.

I really didn't see much in the RP department. Our interactions didn't really leave me with a 'this guy is creepy' or 'this guy is scholarly' or 'this guy could really work out' impression. Rather, it was moreso that you happen to come in at times, shield us, die after you shielded us, and trucked along. That's fine for the Village, but for the Scions, with the amount of crap we take lately, it would be a massacre in an instant for you.

Between us, I think it was also that our playing times didn't match. I went to Boston for a week for vacation and didn't touch the mud. After I came back, there were some RL issues to deal with. I do try to play the few instances I have (I played for like 5 hours straight one day within last week).

As ...I kfor the 'flashy' charactersnow it's a game, but is it really too much to ask to take 1 minute, think of a unique idea of what you want to accomplish for the character, and state it as such? Our interactions left me with the opinion of 'this is another scion invoker #123123123 with really no purpose'.

As a conclusion, to Kharnial, you were below standards in the pk and rp department.

If our interactions left you bitter, I apologize. That was far from my intention.

71622, Nah, don't worry about it
Posted by Relm on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I know how this goes. And I'm detatched enough to seperate reality from the game.

I knew I sucked as an evil mage. I figured since Scion was the underdog (and I love helping the underdog) and the fact you were looking for peopel would make it easier for me to get in.

I was wrong, that's how it is sometimes.

No worries. I'll find something I can do and learn at and maybe next time I play an evil mage I won't suck quite so badly.

You keep rocking on with your thing.