Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [BATTLE] Magrath the Eye, Enforcer of Dagdan
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=71300
71300, (DELETED) [BATTLE] Magrath the Eye, Enforcer of Dagdan
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Aug 26 09:30:49 2008

At 11 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 6th of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Magrath perished, never to return.
Race:duergar
Class:thief
Level:41
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:88
71502, This sucks..
Posted by Djabree on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Rock solid rager as always, with a temper as always ;)

Looking forward to your next.

71359, Sigh
Posted by Ruhktanshi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Another one gone then. Whats up with the lot of you villagers deleting? BAH! Well played char from what I saw. I am happy to see you made it to enforcer, I had gathered lots of got to give you but my playing times have been scant off late and I didn't seem to run into you off late.

Don't let the pie looters get to you!

Har?
Ruhk
71319, Sad to see such a good char leave because of a tw*t like bulkra.
Posted by AnonVillager on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The do*chbags who do this full loot/sac stuff are the ones who need to quit playing. Instead, all the good ones get frustrated and quit playing instead. He'll have to rank into hero range sooner or later. *Grin*
71301, Bye
Posted by Abernytee on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Bye
71309, That sucks.
Posted by Sousidan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I feel your pain... I mean I can understand maybe a few daggers or something. But your whole set- poof. That's rough, I don't see my self in char or not doing that. Crippling your enemy sure. So take a few pieces or something. But nothing really says bad winner by sac 1. etc. But you kick ass and the precious new forms will be out soon.

is there an email or something I can hit you up with?
71318, Very tough foe
Posted by Nererial on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
At least once I was convinced you had me dead. I have an on-the-ball groupmate to thank for wording me at the last possible moment.

Shame to see you gone.
71321, RE: Bye
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Moral of CF: Don't get mad -- get extremely even!

(But you really can't if you delete.)

Seemed like a pretty good effort of a character, so far.
71341, Well...started to explain a few things but ma as well make it a farewell thread
It was an experiment really to try out a few thief edges and try and get a feel for battle life again.

On the subject of edges: I never really saw much cool stuff from Brutal and strongarm backstab. Even with a dam roll of 60 and an average 25 dagger I rarely did BIG backstabs.

I sent a message to the bugboard about two for flinching. For a reasonably expensive edge it kicked in 3 times in about 300 or so sucker hits. Even a 50% success would not be overpowered but would not seem like a waste of edge points, which is what 'twofor' felt like.

As for getting even? Maybe I could have but I deleted after getting so annoyed at such an arseholeish thing to do to 'anyone' that I dropped character and told him as much. There was no choice but to delete after that.

The AP that only fights a thief he can see when he has barrier etc and all he does is bash makes for little chance of revenge but I don't think I would ever full loot/sac anyone.....not even shapa when he was being an ooc ass with his fire AP to my arial AP.

Theives need a little something when they hit hero ranges. Too many enemies have access to flight and protections and this really screws thieves who rely on trip/cheapshot and/or backstab damage to make any real impact. They need some sort of skill like dual backstab at high ranks to help dish a little more damage (which most folk just word from straight away *mutter*) or a skill where the theif jumps on the victim and increases their carry weight by too much and so low level spells of fly cannot cope with the weight increase and they float to the ground, giving the thief a chance to lag them, as well as a chance for victim to flee/word.

Battle - Really enjoyed interactions with a lot of you. Note to some though...ask for bandages/patches and don't demand it. As an evil duergar defender I will bandage for my benefit or the villages benefit but not for some berserker who has bitten off more than they can chew and demands bandages. It might work on a goodie defender though.

Nexus - Saw little of you.

Scion - Malsius and R***** some fire AP and the dark-elf shaman were about the few I met. Malsius got lucky, as did the shaman but R**** the fire AP hit like a truck, taking a few weapons to slow you down was all I could do.

Empire - Cocks for the most part. Roaming about in your big gang when you are on.....I just don't get that mentality.

Fortress - Gruffil you were a build I stood little chance against. The A-typical rank 30 something dwarf paladin with a set of pwent (dern)equipment and a fordurn. Between your protections/counter/strikes I would never last more than maybe 3 rounds tops so I avoided you as you were not a mage to hunt.

Ysaloerye - Maybe it's me and the characters I choose to play that have some interaction with you (orc and duergar) but you always come across as an ass. You congratulated ragers for little things and always found a way to have a go at Magrath for seemingly nothing. I could understand it as you are a dwarf immortal who dislikes orc and dwarf but to do it as the destructor or giant, which effectively is NOT you, just demotivates. I dunno what else to say...

To the voice in the shadows: Sorry, I had big plans for the guild of thugs but it was not meant to be. Thank you for the chance though. Kreo can slot in here too, sorry but you will need to work those plans with others now and good luck.

Bulkra: YOu make out below that Magrath was somehow entirely a cock to you and he never ever was. You looted a bit from me when you first bash killed me at 30. Then I got you twice when you were 36 and I looted spiked boots, jagged leggings and a brooch with blue stones. I returned your unholy weapon and replaced the items I took with what I replaced them with. You got me a little later when I spazzed out tactically an took a few bits. We then fought again and I grappled an elven mace from you, beat the crap out of you and you fled and ran to the palace and demanded your mace back. That was not going to happen when you were miles away and hiding in your cabal. You then kill me with perma bash again when I courageously come out to fight the well prepped AP, with fly/enlarge/aura/barrier (nothing MORE annoying than dying to that unskilled barrage of bash bash bash but it happens) but before you did I took your return potion and two rods, which I gave to Tahren. You think that all these dealings warranted your dark feast on the corpse and sac 1.!;!;! ? Dude, Noone and I repeat NOONE deserves that kind of ####. If you need it? Take it! If you don't but don't want them hunting you back too quickly, take a few pieces or a weapon that maybe you are vulnerable to but what you did was low, just low. I am saddened by my reaction but perhaps it was inflammed by it being so unexpected because of out previous encounters being feisty but respectful. Either way it is done.

Can't think of anything else I wanted to put in but Imay post more when I think of it.

-----Abernyte

71363, Aaaw, that sucks...
Posted by Kreo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was really enjoying our chats and our plans and whatnot. To bad that happend to you, and I actually didn't think Bulkra would ever do something like that. But I do believe him when he says it was his first. He's really a good guy I'd say, but totally uncalled for to full sac. (I never really see the reason for that...)

You're another player who creates chars I always seem to enjoy! Can't wait for your next!
71371, Sorry to this this.
Posted by Lerzion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well,

As Ruhk said above "sigh." I liked you and we got along well when our times matched up. I hate to say it but full looting or saccing is becoming the M.O. again for the Empire. Not quite full, but recently I fell to a gaggle of them and instead of returning things they dropped half of them in the sewers. Kind of an annoying way to treat someone who takes an item or two when one of them falls. Unfortunately, me thinks the Hunsobo and Kostyan looting attitudes of the empire are gone. Probably going to devolve now into a full looting back and forth again. Oh well, at least Daev and Zulgh got us some "outfit" lovin!
71372, RE: Sorry to this this.
Posted by bulkra on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
that is sick... mostly i return almost everything, and those i have killed can agree with that... becasue this happen one time you think its sac time? no dude....
71382, Hehehe, lies. n/t
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
gr
71377, Are you sure you can win in full loot war with Empire?
Posted by Ahtieli on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Do you think anyone win anything at all if it starts?
71384, RE: Are you sure you can win in full loot war with Empire?
Uh, hasn't it started already? Specifically, didn't YOU start it? :P
71390, I don't think so
I blame Imms :P.

Right now I can think about 3 full loots in total(I bet there were more than that though). That number will be higher we count number of time I did not stop lowbies from looting but still not much higher.

71393, RE: I don't think so
Well, we'll get into this someday on your deletion thread, but I disagree. :)
71408, What if he age-dies instead, hunh!?!?
Posted by Straklaw on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Honestly, isn't it presumptuous to assume he'll delete before age-death?? Oh...wait...uhm...con-death, I mean. Yeah, con-death, that's it. Maybe he'll do that! :)
71478, Hmm..perhaps I wasn't clear.
Posted by Lerzion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't want a full loot war, I miss the days of the Imperials who didn't. Could we win a full loot war, yeah, we sure could. All we have to do is log off and log on together like the imperials. :)

I'm not saying all do, but last sunday was just sick and wrong. I stuck it out regardless, but I think five of you showed within five minutes of each other? Props to my nemesis though who was there before and after you all left.

I'm going to stop now, as I may be crossing a line I don't want to cross on these forums.
71417, Heh, I forgot about outfit, maybe if I had I might not have been so annoyed ~
~
71381, Agreed about 2 for flinching
-I sent a message to the bugboard about two for flinching. For a -reasonably expensive edge it kicked in 3 times in about 300 or so -sucker hits. Even a 50% success would not be overpowered but would not -seem like a waste of edge points, which is what 'twofor' felt like.

I'd echo this too for low levels, I think it possibly went off more the higher ranking I got with Vylim. But I know it never went off more than 40 times throughout the duration of the character and all I did was spam sucker hit during ranking. The most awesome edge was that flash of the blade one though, not sure if you had that one to take, it went off a lot more in combat and gave a free sucker hit and was waaaaaaaaaay cheaper. Once the two even went off together, yay.

Man, I always had my fingers crossed that you would attack me with your thief as Gruffil. That once in the battlefields was about it though, and you had a decent shot then because I was completely out of mana pretty much the whole time, just hoping for a decent strike.

As far as Bulkra goes, I'm pretty sure he's just new and trying to take out the scariest people with full sac. I know I ate up 2 con of his and got one myself when I died to them a week or two ago, but I was expecting it so it didn't bother me. =P
71326, Problem is...
Posted by Lightmaged on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
By the time you re-roll something..rank up and are ready to rumble...

the aforementioned tool...is going to be long gone.

Or if by chance he is able to rank into hero range...long dead.

Blah.
71329, RE: Problem is...
well, this is what i diddent wanted..

now everybody thinks bulkra are idiot.. because they do not know what had happened before the full sac..

ohh well.. just have to kill everyone then....
71330, RE: Problem is...
ive been full saced couple of times with other chars.. and i dont act like a baby about it.. its just something that happends in the fields... and i had warned magrath about it would happen.. so ssshsh
71333, I don't give a rats ass about full loots...
Posted by Lightmaged on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
He didn't even mention you or out your char. You did.
71366, RE: I don't give a rats ass about full loots...
all this crying just make me laugh...
71368, You are a tough, hard man. That rules!~
Posted by Aodh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
lkajsdf
71370, Which in itself is funny
given that is was because you lost two black rods that you spat your dummy and did the full sac. Way to be a grown up. Perhaps when you have limited time to play you might appreciate the respect shown between some players that allows you to enjoy those few hours you have.

-----Abernyte
71378, My take of this matter is
If character does something to me that he can avoid, because it change nothing at all (like stealing rods) but waste my time.. I can justify some looting or doing the same to him.

Knowing where Bulkra gets these black rods I can understand why he full loots thief who keeps stealing it. It does not mean that I as player support it, but I can understand.
71383, RE: My take of this matter is
>If character does something to me that he can avoid, because
>it change nothing at all (like stealing rods) but waste my
>time.. I can justify some looting or doing the same to him.

Except it does change something.

At that point Magrath can know that in a few ticks, Bulkra won't have barrier. This creates windows of opportunity to him.

It's not just griefing or wasting someone else's time -- in the hands of a smart player, it's tactically enormous.
71388, I can agree
to a point that stealing wands makes something. But usually it means that char(Bulkra) won't fight untill he gets new wands. And thief hardly can catch duergar unprepped. So stealing wands in this case just make Bulkra avoid fight and go get new wands. If it is what rager thief wants, then it's ok.

As I told I won't loot anyone for stealing wands but I can understand when someone does it.

71389, Uh, its not hard to catch Bulkra unprepared. n/t
gr
71391, Shame on you
for killing noob then :9
71458, Haha, after that post on Dios..
Where he said I killed him linkdead and full looted him when he rolled his eyes after I summoned him and he missed a bash on me before dying, and I looted 3 weapons, coins, and what I needed from his corpse leaving most of his gear...I had absolutely no qualms about killing him every opportunity I got. It ended up 6 times total, and I never did full loot or sac anything other than unholy. =P
71415, Maybe if you have summon but not for a thief.
He would camp in his guild or the palace until he was prepped then come out. If I went to the palace I was summoned to the inners and when I hit his guild he would word/teleport.

I thought about flash of the blade when I saw it but had already planned which edges I wanted to try. In no particular order:

Two For Flinching - This edge, chosen only by strong thieves, allows them to occasionally follow up a sucker hit with a second quick blow.
Strongarm Backstab - This edge, often chosen by gamblers and thrillseekers, allows a thief to have a significantly increased chance for an especially effective backstab. Unfortunately, it also increases their chances for a complete miss or an especially disastrous failure.
Thuggish Eviscerator - A thief with this edge deals gut shots with more devastating and lasting effects.
Brutal Backstab - This edge, learned only by thieves who are physically strong, increases the damage of backstabs and increases the chance for backstabs that are especially successful slightly. Should the thief find themselves weakened, this edge will not continue to provide its benefits.
Helmet Clanger - A thief with this edge is less hindered by the quality of a victim's helmet when performing an earclap.(OPPORTUNITY STRIKE)
Knife in the Gut - A thief with this edge has a chance to follow up their failed attempts at weapon butt blackjacks with a quick dagger strike.

-----Abernyte
71460, Should be what rager thief wants
Posted by Marcus_ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You don't wanna fight an ABS'd AP as a rager thief since (except maybe as a binder) it's a fight you can't win. So if somebody is playing a superconservative ABS monkey, then the correct strategy as a thief is to steal their wands and force them to choose between fighting without / with less protection, avoiding you, or spending a ####load of time gathering wands.

Of course, that being said, if you can catch them unprepped it's a whole nother story.. (And you occasionally but rarely do that, even with careful duergars :))
71461, The very essence of a careful and conservative duergar?
Posted by Random Person on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=4&topic_id=71441&mesg_id=71441&page=
71467, He intentionally spam-ran his con out. (n/t)
71386, Get off the horse
Posted by sickandtired on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I am so sick of this 'I have limited time to play so you don't understand' bull. This is the game you play. Every time you die, if you have anything at all left in your corpse, it's a courtesy. Don't expect it every time.

Seriously, grow up. If you don't have the time, stop playing and save us all the whining. Just because you don't have time to play the game right doesn't mean we have to change how we play. He wanted to send you a message in game. He did and you couldn't handle it. He won, you lost and you turned into a complaining infant in real life.

What you did to him in game was fine. What he did to you in game was fine. Everything afterwards was just childish.
71416, I love anonymous posters
Who call people childish when we ALL play a GAME online!

I am not asking you to change if you don't feel you have the compassion or the capacity to do so. It often takes a grown up stand point to this and I feel sorry for those of you who have no empathy for others because you have yet to grow up or because you are just an asshole (this tends to be genetic and so it is not your fault!). The 'I have little time to play the game' was stated to explain why I was annoyed, which explained why, in turn, I dropped character, which in turn resulted in my deletion. Growing up is what results in less CF time to 'play' so please don't tell me to grow up.

The message he sent in game was that he was an asshole and that I should avoid trying to enjoy any online time playing my childish game of carrionfields with his involvement. If he sends the same message to others he is soon going to have very little fun but I guess you and him could take turns in sac'ing each others ####. Joy of joys.

If you ever notice the players who are full of disdain for this type of action you will see that they are the players I grew up with (there is that growing up thing again!) playing Carrionfields and helped make the game enjoyable and exist to this day. We have a code of conduct that many adults adhere to and involves empathy and consideration of others enjoyment. I perhaps, being a little idealistic, feel that others should/could/would learn to follow the same code of conduct by interactions that treat them decently. Sadly this is not the case but it doesn't stop me feeling sad and sometimes angry about it, as I am ever hopeful that you and the Bulkras of this world might one day become fully fledged human beings.

-----Abernyte
71303, RE: Bye
Posted by Bulkra on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
sad to see you go because of this..

its my first full sac ever, belive or not, but bulkra hate magrath.. destroying my wands, was just enougf.. i have lost many con, trying to get my blacks.. so that pissed me off...

hope you will calm down soon. and come back to the fields..

71305, F*ck you and don't ever speak to me again, even on a forum~
~
71307, I really recommend a deep breath and get away from the forums
Posted by Advice_offerer on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Seriously... take a break from the game. You seem to be having trouble handling it.

This is so not worth your time to blow up over virtual items in a game when you claim you have little time to play it. This game just isn't worth that kind of angst. Why the hell would you want to keep playing this when you know something trivial can have this affect on you?