Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AUTO) [FORTRESS] Corsix Hammerly the Shining Quill of Mercy, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=71288
71288, (AUTO) [FORTRESS] Corsix Hammerly the Shining Quill of Mercy, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Aug 25 21:58:22 2008

At 2 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 20th of the Month of Nature
on the Theran calendar Corsix perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:bard
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:244
71556, RE: (AUTO) [FORTRESS] Corsix Hammerly the Shining Quill of Mercy, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
Posted by Corsix on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeah, so I more or less lost interest in playing this character. When logging in becomes a chore, you know it's time to give up. Yes, I realize my desc might've caused some of you to gouge your eyes out, but I never seemed to remember to put in the new one later on.

Bards were pretty fun, and I think I definitely went the road less traveled by in choosing comedic. Mana efficiency = god.

My memory is atrocious, so post here and I'll see if I can think of something to say.

Ebiwen/Marigue/Corsix
71557, RE: (AUTO) [FORTRESS] Corsix Hammerly the Shining Quill of Mercy, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ok, so, I rolled up a bard after Mizfara and found it really annoying.

Mainly the fact that 1) your songs are area affect and 2) as area affect skills, they fully lag you when they go through, even if the person you're fighting has already fled. Contrast this with something like "trip" or "throw" where, though the skill still "goes through", there's very little lag on you.

Also, it's tough to do without detect hidden. And built-in detect invis. The latter not as big of a deal at hero, obviously, but I was running around trying to PK people in the teens and 20s.

Sidenote: It's sort of funny how well a low-level bard can do just spamming piercing dissonance on people.
71577, RE: (AUTO) [FORTRESS] Corsix Hammerly the Shining Quill of Mercy, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
Posted by Corsix on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>>Sidenote: It's sort of funny how well a low-level bard can do just spamming piercing dissonance on people.

Especially if they don't flee for whatever reason. Piercing dissonance is 2 rounds of lag.

I think I'd only be echoing everyone else if I said that Mizfara was a lone wolf, so I won't even go there.

You were pretty interesting, but I really didn't get as much time as I would've liked to interact with you.
71593, RE: (AUTO) [FORTRESS] Corsix Hammerly the Shining Quill of Mercy, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
Posted by Dark Priest on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really enjoyed Corsix through Cyruil's entire life. We had some interesting talks but never really got too close, I don't think our times matched well. Good char and good luck with the next!