Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AUTO) [BATTLE] Galan the Entrance to Owaza
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=71186
71186, (AUTO) [BATTLE] Galan the Entrance to Owaza
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Aug 21 20:28:52 2008

At 12 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 21st of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Galan perished, never to return.
Race:half-drow
Class:assassin
Level:40
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:106
72434, Heh, missed this.
Posted by Odrirg on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Was a fun character, for the most part. But alot of "bleh". Role was fun to play, but play itself was bleh for some reason.....that didn't make sense.

Let me see....I had fun getting into this character...but this character's role in Thera was just kinda bleh for me.....does that make more sense?

Picked defender, mostly for role reasons.

For my play-style, I think that was a mistake. It was my first defender though, so maybe I just didn't have a handle on it yet. I sure was jealous of all those scouts and berserkers though.

I think what put the nail in the coffin of this char was.....

I, ooc, have a vastly different view of what battle bards should be, than the leader bard.

If *I* were asked (and admitted I may just be off base here) what a battle bard should be, I would say someone to keep the history of the Village alive through song, and through teaching it to the new blood.

I would not come up with.....expect ever character to know every facet of history already, punish if they do not, and have multiple spot-quizzes on rager history to TEST the knowledge, without ever actually trying to TEACH the knowledge.

Come on, its the BATTLE RAGER cabal. Teach battle history to me with uplifting ballads while I am bathing in magi blood (or out trying to). Don't expect me to be a historical academician/professor from the get-go.

Wow, that came off as overly harsh. On the whole, I really liked the bard battle leader. it's just I disagreed with the whole pop-quiz thing. Which is fine, he's leader, he can do it how he wants, and I'm fine with that. I just didn't want to have to deal with weekly, or daily, pop-quizzes that IC my character didn't want to deal with, when I was already getting Bleh feelings from the char.

Reason I didn't delete? Didn't plan on deleting or stopping this char. I guess I figured for a while that maybe I'd want to log him back in again...I just never got the desire to.

Had alot of fun with alot of villagers. And foes. But that was like 2 months ago, and I don't remember names, and I doubt they remember me anyway.

Oh! Almost forgot to ask....

If it isn't wrong to ask....

When this char was pre-20...I was going at some mobs solo, when some imm killed me in like 1-2 hits. out of nowhere, for no reason.

I laughed for like 10 minutes straight. And giggled...actually giggled...for like a day and a half after that.

After, of course, I realized it wasn't someone in my pk who I couldn't see stalking me who could hit me that hard out of nowhere.

What was it...h Galan instead of l galan? heheheheheh. I've done that, on multiple occasions. Though, not having been a wizi imm at the time it didn't result in such hilarity.

And who was it? if I might ask? What shocked me about the whole situation most....was that you seemed so shocked and WAY surprised that I wasn't pissed about the occurrence. I mean....I like to hope most of the playerbase would have taken that situation as humorous as it obviously was. If not, I really feel sorry for you imms.

Although, afterwards, when it sunk in that you were obviously relieved that I wasn't going to get pissy, I kicked myself for not PRETENDING to get pissy at first, just to make you squirm. that would have been funny, but honestly, getting pissy just didn't cross my mind, as the situation was so funny to me.
72441, Are you drunk?
Posted by Whatdidyousay on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ordid you have a stroke while you were posting this?

I can't understand what you are saying about an Imm killing you.
72446, RE: Are you drunk?
Posted by Odrirg on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Don't have the log, but here it is as it went down, aprox.

I'm out practicing skills pre 20. out of nowhere I take a few mangles...punches.

I sit stunned at the pit for a second...then start running back...who the #### hits that hard in my pk? holy cow...and I had det and hei up...they must have run in...sneaking...in the like 20 seconds since I last typed where. Who the #### could that have been?

about half way down back, I get transed back to my corpse, and "an immortal" starts effusively saying sorry.

I start laughing behind my keyboard. I'm just glad I don't have someone in my pk who can do that pre lvl 20.

Imm seems very relieved that I don't pull a Graatch*. I'm fine with it, it was a surprise, and funny. After a bit, I'm even more surprised at how relieved the imm was that I didn't flip out....is the percentage of cf's playerbase that would have flipped out instead of taking it as funny that large? I hadn't thought so, but I'm not an imm...if it is...I feel sorry for the imms.

NOw that I am thinking back on the incident. I think the attack started with "someone kicks dirt in your eyes" then eating a few mangles punches.

So.....I was just curious at which imm did that. Hehehehe. If he doesn't want to fess up publicly, that's cool. It was funny though.

*"pulling a graatch". To "pull a graatch", I would have had to scream profanities at the imm long enough to get transed to the ROTD, or denied. Then I would have had to post the whole log on Dio's along with a 10 page rant on how the imms were out to get me, then claim that I quit forever in a huff. The imm seemed very surprised that I did not "pull a graatch" over the whole incident.

72468, RE: Heh, missed this.
Posted by Ruhk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Said battle bard in question must have easily written 20 microsoft word pages worth of notes to the village on 'how to fight mages', how not to fight mages, mage forms, mage spells, mage tactics, battle tactics, poems in praise of great battle chars, elegy on dead ones etc etc. I've no doubt in my mind that I've written more text than the entire cabal combined with sole intention to educate. I started the quiz to see how many people actually read those notes AND the village history in the hut of rememberance. FYI there are a ton of works in the village about the village history (much better than the Lyceum).. so if you wanted to learn, I didn't have to do it. Back to you, you were a good solid assassin and defender. I liked your char and thought you'd make it to hero. Sorry if I turned you off, it is my style with this char and some might enjoy it and some won't... I do.

P.s - I've mellowed down. 600+ hours and I'm down with the block. So things aren't the same anymore if you wanna rejoin battle ;)

72515, Sensei is missing people
Posted by Lerzion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Man, another village assassin gone. I liked Galan and I'm sorry to see this. Did that Imm thing really ahppen. I wish someone would fess up, maybe it is in your pbf.