Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Cormindon Ar'kuraum the Lost and Seeking, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=71055
71055, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Cormindon Ar'kuraum the Lost and Seeking, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Aug 15 23:30:25 2008

At 6 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 16th of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Cormindon perished, never to return.
Race:half-elf
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:265
71111, I got the PBF on this one. Kinda curious.. nt
Posted by Java on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
71128, Thanks man! nt
Posted by Cormindon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
:)
71089, Heralds!
Stop getting yourselves killed! :P

Etielise - I thought you were a well played elf. My thanks for making some of the boring nights much more fun. I also liked the whole concept of our relationship. It was like we were linked by Celenai which made us friends. Not that you were not friendly otherwise :p

Celenai - You were so fun to just hang out with durring the slow times. It made it much less boring and not so much the typical raid/reraid part of hero. You were one of the main reasons why I wanted to stay playing. But I just was not having fun anymore. I found myself logging in at about the time I usually see you on just because it was the only fun aspect of the character left. Eventually, I just had to let it go.

Ryasyn - You are wierd...but that is all right. :P Glad you got your man form back.

Tubnic - You lucky bastard. :P They were so not going to save you.
71104, RE: Heralds!
Posted by Etielise on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Everybody who mentions me in their death threads keeps saying how awesome I am. I am going to get a big head.

Anyway, I always sort of wanted to pry into you and Celenai's sweetheartness a little more, but the both of you struck me as secretive about it, so I left well enough alone. I was glad enough to have even one more someone to drag on exploratory trips late at night. I always appreciated that you were one of those types to say hi or check up on me out of the blue. I really ought to add friendliness of that sort to my play repertoire because I never do stuff like that.

Add that to the fact that you were one of the very few actually willing to help Tubnic out of Hell in spite of global echoes directed at the half dozen plus Forties that were on at the time...but I'll try to remember to air those opinions in a thread dedicated to me.

Well played. Sorry you stopped having fun.
71075, Until this post...
Posted by Pro on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I always thought you were a Storm giant. heh
71078, lol, really? That is awesome. nt
nt
71072, Fun fights, jaguar boy
Posted by Utha on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Was hoping I could once catch you with your pants down. Alas it was not to be.
71079, No, it was not.
For you it seemed ganking me would be your only option.
I really could survive things very well as this paladin.
Unless you are a village berserker and catch me without sanc.

My chasing you was fun though.
More practice always helps though. :P
71058, Sad to see you go, enjoyed our banterings...
Posted by Kreo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I know I teased you a bit, but I hope you enjoyed it rather than get pissed by it. Good luck with your next. :D
71059, Nah, it was fun. I liked your RP nt
nt
71057, It ends.
I started out Cormindon as a storm warrior at first, but I quickly realized that the essence of Cormindon was not that of a storm giant and deleted him and took a break from CF (I want to say 2 weeks or so).
Eventually, I figured out that he truly was a half-elf paladin.
So I came up with a role, got empowered by Baerinika and met a lot of awesome fortress players and some I did not like as much.

Imms: Whoever was doing the quests later in the evenings, they were awesome. Thanks a lot. I think the quests are part of what made this character so much fun. Keep up the good work and changes! ^_^

Baer Bear: Well, I think we started out okay...I have this fear with imms. It is like...I think they are going to smite me or something (or in your case impale). My role could have been a lot better but I truly did try to follow your religion. Where I started to fall short was when Cormindon started to get involved with heralds and being Acolyted. Cormindon wanted to protect these heralds not only because they were good, but because he had affections for one. Being an acolyte is really detrimental to your religion, I should have just stayed my course and continued to be a squire applicant. Then again, I think I had much more fun saving people AND chasing after enemies. Either way, I view some aspects of this character as failures and others as sucesses. I just hope I learned enough to not make the same mistakes again. About our final talk we had: I really wanted you to unempower me. I needed some reason to delete and I couldn't delete a perfectly good, virtued paladin. I just was not having fun with him anymore and needed a reason to delete. Sorry. :( On another note, I nearly did try to get back in your good graces, but I really shouldn't be spending all this time on CF now that I'm off vacation. There is more that I could say, but I'll leave it at this. Sorry.

Fortress:
Iltanthal: We rocked. :P Sorry I cant save your ass anymore.
Synoria: I always like you, keep it up.
Nel-felar shifter-I think I knew who your player was :P (wont say more)
Kernagor: You are awesome. Keep it up.
Llondolis: Sorry for making you talk with me. I really wanted to delete. :( But congrats on the promotion.

Outlander:
Aiyanna: We had fun together. Druids are no fun to me either. I'm not sure why.
Purrtis: That was sooo messed with how I couldnt fix that situation you had. Not exactly sure what happened. But I'm glad it was fixed in the end.

Anyone else who wants to respond: Go for it. I will reply at some point hopefully.

There are probably more characters that I cant think of at this hour.

71066, adsadfkajslfjasklfjdsj
Posted by Kernagor on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nooooooo =(

we had tons of fun, didn't we? It was cool running around with you. Come back to the Fortress sometime.
71070, Sorry Kern
We really did.

I come back to the fortress every once in a while.
I like to mix it up though and try some other things between.
I hope to start another soon. See you in the fields.
71067, Too bad
Posted by Llondolis on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We had quite a few disagreements growing up. More than I would expect from two Paladins of the same sphere and same God. But I guess that's what makes the game, huh?

No need to apologize for making me talk. Comes with the territory. Plus I got leaderized immediately afterwards, so I guess I can't complain.
It sucks that you couldn't stick it out and see where it took you though.. could have been an interesting RP angle. But I understand how real life can get in the way. Still would have really liked to see how that was gonna turn out. Especially after I was pretty much responsible for bringing ya back. Oh well.

Good luck with your next.
71069, You, Baerinika, and a few others
Were the main reasons I wanted to stay.
You both made it so hard for me to give up.
The interesting RP angle is what almost made me stick with it.
But hopefully I will come back with another class that I like more.
Not that paladins are bad... they can be fun.
I so should have tried to RP falling from the light and try to become an AP ;) j/k

I actually already had a role for a different character before I made this one. But the RP angle and how I want that character perceived still need to be fleshed out.
71071, Finally! No more healer dressed up in a paladin's outfit!
Posted by Kharnial on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked your character alot. I knew that if you were on, I can expect a raid, even if it's only 2 instead of the massive raids I usually deal with. You had a lot of guts, a style I really appreciate.

Good luck with your next.
71077, Thanks a lot.
That means a lot coming from you.
I always try to have guts with my characters.
I hope that my next is more successful for me.

You really are awesome. Keep it up.
I loved it when you forced me to get the scepter to get my things and forced me to drop the scepter to escape. It was exciting even though I barely escaped.
71091, RE: It ends.
Posted by Neleai on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
For whatever reason I got the impression that you did figure out who I was at like level 31(or something), hopefully this is just because of a good match in play times and knowledge of areas and not because of my roleplay style(I would like to think Neleai is very different than my previous one). And you will find out, probably, when I delete/age die/con die.

Anyway, I'm sorry I had to bug you for a long time with Neleai after you "fell." She's a demanding little kitty you weren't being very forthcoming. I wish I could have walked up and said ok have fun, get better without breaking role. Instead I had to pester you( which was no fun for me after about 20 minutes or so). Neleai liked you a lot. But then again, she likes most people who put up with her, heh. Well I did for a while too, but in the end you did get a bit depressing to be around. Perfectly valid, I had a depressing paladin once.

Anyway, I thought you should have stuck it out, if you managed to get back into Baer's good graces you could have gotten/done something pretty nice. Besides it always fun to stick it out when your character is it its low. But I do also understand when the character is boring...its time to cut it loose. So anyway, good luck with your next..don't beat on me too much :P
71099, RE: It ends.
I realized it quite early I think.
Mainly because of playing times.
It did not shine through from your RP.
Keep it up. ^_^

Oh, it was fine. I was just glad I had something
to remember Neleai with. I liked Neleai. Hm, yeah.
I think the depressing part was mainly my distaste for
the character and being overly dramatic.

I really just wanted to end the character quickly.
But I felt a need to write an ending for Cormindon.
Even if that ending was painful. XD
And quite honestly it was hard for me to kill him off.
The whole part with Baerinika was really hard on me.
I dont know what she thought..
She is probably mad because of how I ended it.
There was a point where I couldnt even type to respond
when I wanted to.
I got caught too deep in the character's emotions.

Well time to roll that imperial to gank you down and run from the maran.
;) Whee! Just kidding! See you in the fields.
71109, It was pretty hard on Baer too
Posted by Baerinika on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Finding out that one of her priests had completely lost faith in her was heart breaking for her, and as I'm sure many of my followers can tell you, it left an impact, turning a normally cool goddess into someone more introspective and a bit mopey. She didn't get angry like you think, instead she blamed herself. She takes her job very seriously.

Truth be told, I'm not really sure why you picked Baer's religion in the first place for this character. You did start off pretty good, but you're right when you said after you decided to go Acolyte that you lost track of the religion. Ironically, you probably should have been a Rayihn paladin with the direction you went.

It may also be worth mentioning that Baer is a believer in chastity, especially if you're sphere purity, though she might ok a marriage if she believed in it. Hearing all the Heralds babble about you flirting with them put her on edge.

Either way, good luck on your next.

There will be no white flag above my door. - Dido
71127, RE: It was pretty hard on Baer too
Yeah, it was the same for me. Half way though I thought you were going to impale me and then I noticed you getting sad. Truth be told, Cormindon wanted nothing more than to comfort you but...I got caught up in his emotions. It was pretty bad.

The reason why I picked Baer was because I had a blast with our interactions before with my other fort characters. Either way I would have been your paladin then. Woot! :P I liked the Religion though but I probably wont make another unless I choose a class where I can truly play the part well enough. (this was my first paladin)

Yeah, well Cormindon was also a believer in Chastity, believe it or not.
He was in love with one of the Heralds though.
It made the story of this character keep going for a while there too.
71310, Good times
Posted by Iltanthal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
"Iltanthal: We rocked. Sorry I cant save your ass anymore."

Hah! I'm sure I'll need it at some point. Can't believe you let the stench bull screw you over like that. Er. Well. You know what I mean.

My ass still hurts.

Good luck with the next!