Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Macha the Exquisite Enchantress, Sunwarden of Thar-Eris
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=70941
70941, (AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Macha the Exquisite Enchantress, Sunwarden of Thar-Eris
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Aug 14 02:21:38 2008

At 4 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 18th of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Macha perished, never to return.
Race:elf
Class:transmuter
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:740
71119, RE: (AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Macha the Exquisite Enchantress, Sunwarden of Thar-Eris
Posted by Inger on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Let me first begin by congratulating you on a very tough and well played character. Let me end by saying that you frustrated the hell out of me. I guess the way paired up let you evade nearly everything I threw at you. I know you did at least six times in a row over a span of time. Especially that last one! I was curious... How close were you to dying?
71112, Can you talk about some of your PK strategy? n/t
Posted by Elf Muter on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
sd
71114, As an enemy
Posted by Daurwyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What I saw of it was neuro + beastcall "surprise" attacks.

I say "Surprise" because whilst you tended not to see them coming, you knew they would be coming with almost 100% certainty, so could pretty much pick your fights. e.g. If I wandered into the weald whilst Macha was on, it was relatively certain that Macha would attack me before any preps I used wore off.

Didn't worry me too much as I was playing a necro at the time so I just made sure I had undead with me. Necro without undead is probably going to die to those tactics though.
71102, Thank you very much for the pbf.
Posted by ibuki on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm fifteen, and had no way to actually pay for it myself. I was really interested in it though, so it was a happy surprise.
71120, I was just a little younger than you when i started, la...
Posted by Stunna1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And may I say, you're WAY better than I ever was at your age.

15... man... that was SOOO long ago. *sigh* Kurt Cobain had just died...
71143, You should remember that this guy is younger than the world wide web.
Posted by DurNominator on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
He was practically an infant at the time when it wasn't that widespread yet. I still remember the time when people were using modem to connect to BBS:ses and internet connection in itself wasn't that common.
71144, RE: You should remember that this guy is younger than the world wide web.
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Not sure that's relevant, except maybe that Macha's player is probably a better typist at age 15 than someone much older than him would have been at that same age.
71148, Recruit your friends!
Posted by lurker on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If they are as mature and solid as you, it would be a great boon for the MUD.
71080, RE: (AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Macha the Exquisite Enchantress, Sunwarden of Thar-Eris
Posted by Keren on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were cool as ####. Wish you would have been around longer, could have probably learned a lot from you. I'm certain you weren't all that excited about being followed around by someone as gimpily newbish as I though.

Didn't talk much, either.
Ha.

Surely we'll meet again. Cool character.
71050, Great job.
Posted by Shumwrahm on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really liked everything about Macha. Especially the reducing. ;) The day you inducted me was sweet, thats how I feel Outlander inductions should happen more, even though I know that pragmatically it can't really work that way. I think you were really good for the cabal, and one of the main reasons the refuge has been so strong of late. That could be totally off, since I have so little time to play and only see small pieces of the game in action, but I don't think I am. OOCly, I think it's awesome that you played a leader char for so long. ICly, you were Shum's favorite person, and the only person she's ever respected enough to acknowledge a title. One of her role entries was sorta about you, too. Macha will definitely be missed. Good luck with your next.
71046, Sorry but...
Posted by Rioko on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The only time seen or heard anything from you was when you suddenly attacked me out of the blue while I was fighting some mob.

No interaction, no reasons given, no idea why an outlander would protect that particular mob, and no chance to talk to you after I managed to get away, ever...

71048, RE: Sorry but...
Posted by Lyristeon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Umm...aren't you the bard that attacked the huntress or the outlanders during a raid? Just because you are a wood-elf bard, don't think that good-aligned outlanders need a reason beyond that action alone to attack you.
71061, Certainly not
As I said, I don't know why I was attacked.
Attacking the Huntress or other Outlanders would make it pretty obvious...
71062, RE: Certainly not
Well, it took some digging into your past because of how long you have been around, but, let me give you a hint. If you are grouped with necromancers killing certain mobs, that's a no-no to an Outlander like Macha.
71063, The sin of my youth eh? *g*
Well I admit there was that one occasion but hey, I was young and needed the equipment...

I'm still impressed that somebody remembers events happening 18 month ago. ;p

Anyway, its not like I had a problem with the attack or that something like that needs an airtight reason or a reason at all!

My gripe is only that I had no chance to get any interaction out of it. I tried to reach her through the Harbinger or Nightreaver but after a while I just forgot about it till I noticed a Sunwarden on the Battlefield.
71065, Here is what I do.
Posted by Griz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
My Character sees Bob killing elves which is upsetting to my character.

#sub {%0(PK) Bob%1} {%0(PK) Bob (Elfslayer)%1}

#hi red {%0Bob (Elfslayer)%1}

Now if I bump unto Bob down the road He is a nice shine red with a foot not as to why I don't like him.

I also have notes like this...

(PK) Bob (Helper)
(PK) Bob (Asshat)
(PK) Bob (Rude)
(PK) Bob (Annoying Bard Note Writer Full Sac on sight)

I use yellow highlights for possible enemies, Blue highlights for Tribunals no matter if they are enemies or not.

It helps me with retaining memories of those around me.
71068, Yep.
That's pretty much how an Outlander should be. Nexus would be completely different.
71118, Thats generally a good idea yes.
In that case it doesn't work though, as she wasn't old enough to be around when that happened.
71015, Well done
Posted by Waris on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Waris himself, Hated Macha. But that was mainly about your hit and run madness.

As a player I had to give you props, you'd hurl yourself at people with little chance. But you knew your chances of escaping were good, so you pushed yourself to the limits of what transmuters can manage.
Well played char, and don't take anything Waris said to you seriously. He might have thought you to be a panzy pointy eared coward elf. But he was really always worried about you popping out and disrupt boning him.
71012, Your title says it all. Exquisite
Posted by Khrathtyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I knew Macha through several characters. Naerzghul, Khrathtyn and a few others. Always enemies, yet you were always an amazing roleplayer and fierce PKer.

I wish you luck on your next.

--BattleCharmed
70994, Well Played.
Posted by Karjiin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
'Nuff said.

-Karjiin Darkfeather
70962, I found a precious thing.
Posted by ibuki on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
With my first few characters, I developed a pretty terrible habit without even noticing it. I would level as quickly as possible to some 'vital' pk skill, like bash protection, or even a legacy, before ever really going out and looking for fights. Treating all the early levels as a grind to get out of the way as quickly as possible really drained a lot of the fun out of the game. I only realized on accident though, when my last character got stuck in the early thirties with nothing but enemies. Getting forced into pk before I was 'ready' was surprisingly entertaining. So, with this one, I wanted to make sure I got into as many fights as possible, at every level. It was just an experiment at first, but it proved so much more fun to play like that that I'm a little sad I didn't figure it out sooner.

Basically, I found a way to play that I really like a lot. I was excited to log this character on every single time for almost a whole year. I hope I brought some of that energy to everyone I interacted with. I had fun with all of you. Even Kanye, seriously.
70963, RE: I found a precious thing.
Posted by Baerinika on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
As your PBF will attest, I was a big big fan of Macha. She was quiet but pretty damn tuff, and I was always impressed by your willingness to take on tough odds. Your times didn't seem to mesh up well with Lyristeon's so I tried to make sure you got little rewards here and there when you'd do something cool.

Hope you have just as much fun with your next one! Are you going to be a serial Outlander?
70965, You can't be serious
Posted by NMTehW on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The only thing I saw this character do was camp at the fortress to spam neuro on lone Imperials coming to retrieve.
70966, I am serious!
I actually don't remember seeing Macha by the Fort more than a handful of times. Further, I have absolutely no problems with a goodie Outlander working hand in hand with the Fortress.
70983, RE: I am serious!
You know what I find most appalling about this whole thread?

That Dido quote in your sig.
70984, As long as Baer is a chick IRL, it's fine
Posted by Chica on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That being said, is Baer a chick IRL?
70985, Baer is a chick irl.
And she likes Dido. Why is that so appalling?

There will be no white flag above my door. - Dido
70986, RE: Baer is a chick irl.
Sorry for hijacking Macha's thread. Dido sounds like the female singer-songwriter version of Muzak to me. This coming from someone who was a big fan of "early" (i.e. up to and including Fumbling Towards Ecstasy) Sarah McLachlan.

That said, I can't recall any Dido songs *other* than the "white flag" one, so maybe I just don't like that particular song.

If you're a fan of the Brit stuff, I find David Gray easy to listen to.
70992, RE: Baer is a chick irl.
I like not love David Gray, though Please Forgive Me is one of my favorite songs. (reminds me of an ex boyfriend)

Lately, if we're enjoying hijacking a deletion thread to discuss British Pop, I've been in LOVE with Lily Allen. Love love love. She is not really very much like Dido or David Gray, rather she's been compared to Amy Winehouse but I think she has more talent and is a little more poppy and much better put together.

(Sorry Macha.)

There will be no white flag above my door. - Dido
70997, RE: Baer is a chick irl.
Acutally I like Lily Allen too. She came up in a Pandora.com station that I started based around M.I.A. Totally poppy though. Apparently she tries to cultivate a sort of indie vibe, but I'm not buying it. Then again, she is in a relationship with one of the guys from the Chemical Brothers. That gives her some cred.
70989, Dido is like a floofy Eshval
Posted by Chica on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Eshval dressed up as a bunny.
70996, Ick nt
Posted by Eshval on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Eshval's email (I actually read my emails and answer them!)
eshval@carrionfields.com
BlackMarquessa@gmail.com

Eshval's slightly off-center (unofficial) blog.
http://blackmarquessa.blogspot.com/
70969, RE: You can't be serious
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wow, there was so much more to this character than that. I don't think I ever saw Macha do that, but I did see a lot of other cool things -- for example, running into Galadon wanted as a mid-20s mage to try to gack some Outlander enemy or jumping on Battle berserkers that were also Outlander enemies (minotaurs, etc.)

You must only play lone Imperials who refuse to get very far away from the Fortress. :)
70976, Not that it matters, but I saw the exact opposite.
Posted by TheManNamedSam on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I saw Macha on against odds MORE THAN ANY OTHER OUTLANDER OF THE TIME.

By a wide margin, actually.

I never really had a problem with Macha, mainly because you made sure to apologize after you failed gank :)
70982, I must admit
I hate jumping on a defensive bandwagon, but Macha did a great deal more than you indicate. Keep in mind we get to see a larger picture.

eshval@carrionfields.com
BlackMarquessa@gmail.com

70967, From my perspective
I found Macha to be a valid character, even with the your name being the same as an Irish goddess. ;( In most instances you were willing to fight and did very well in all contests. I watched quite often when I could and I didn't see a break in your rp at any point. Good job and effort.

My only issue is not with you, but the amount of 'love' you received. But as happens with many notable characters who make an impact on the playing field, the love may be in keeping with trends.

Good luck on what shows up next for you.

eshval@carrionfields.com
BlackMarquessa@gmail.com

70968, Isn't Innis a celtic god? ;) nt
nt
70981, Nope. nt

eshval@carrionfields.com
BlackMarquessa@gmail.com

70987, No, but:
If we're being picky it's Celtic for island, and half of the name for the Celtic heaven (Flath Innis).
70995, However
Doing a Google search, without adding extra words on ;), Innis shows as number 62 in a side referene to a blog called "innis-dubh," whereas Macha shows as the top hit.

It's like sayin Rayihn is a combination of 'ray' and 'ihn' which is the acronym for Infectious Haematopoietic Necrosis. There is a difference. Adding and subtracting words/letters is not a valid comparison. No offense, Ray.

It's also known that we don't normally and knowingly allow names of gods like Odin, Zeus, Apollo and so on. Macha does fall under that naming convention.

If the player did so unknowingly, I don't have a problem with that. If I had noticed the name earlier in her life, I would have changed it.

eshval@carrionfields.com
BlackMarquessa@gmail.com

71014, RE: However
Yeah, this one wasn't blatant. I didn't know about the Innis or Rayihn thing either. There are always going to be some that get away because it isn't as profound as let's say...Fat Frumos, Kuslatromi etc.
71023, I didn't know about the Innis thing either
If I had known, I would have changed it so it wouldn't be a point of contention. Conversely, some could have mentioned it. ;)

eshval@carrionfields.com
BlackMarquessa@gmail.com

71036, Noticed it but thought it on purpose
Posted by Abernytee on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It is also a variation of my Mother's Maiden Name: Innes.

-----Abernyte
71037, Same here. Except the maiden name thing.
It seemed like a cool name and didn't break immersion for me at all -- but then, that was true for me for Macha too. I might just be a softie.

(Hell, I really liked the concept of Innis, too.)
71017, People whose names mean something are lame. (n/t)
Posted by Twist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
71018, I agree.
I also think that it can be done accidentally. And there is a huge difference between someone who accidentally makes up a name and someone who intentionally uses a little known name.
71019, Lyristeon's sarcasm meter is broken. (n/t)
Posted by Twist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
71022, RE: Lyristeon's sarcasm meter is broken. (n/t)
Heh. No. It isn't. I knew exactly what you meant. Just some points I wanted to drive home.

BTW...What did you mean?
71024, Watch it Lyr
You are turning into the Man!

Note: The assumption here is Lyr may be old enough or well-steeped in historical references to understand the reference.

eshval@carrionfields.com
BlackMarquessa@gmail.com

71030, If you're going to get Technical...
Emain Macha is where Gaelic Kings and men of greatness, such as Diarmaid, gathered.
70970, good luck on your next
Posted by Raknar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You really put me into a tight place a couple of times. As an acolyte I couldn't really justify fighting back against you even though you just didn't have any chance if I had servitors by yourself, dispel magic is overpowered vs transmuter. I thought we had some good interactions. I would say roll a fort but uh.... roll something EEEEEEEEEEEEEEvil so we got more people to convert!
70971, RE: I found a precious thing.
>It
>was just an experiment at first, but it proved so much more
>fun to play like that that I'm a little sad I didn't figure it
>out sooner.

Welcome to the club! And, overall, well played.

Edited to add: It goes without saying that Macha's PBF is chock full of interestingness.
70972, Riv/Nusson/Teliel sez...
Posted by Foolio on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were perfect. I learned a lot from you, actually taught you a little (when I was positive you were some supersoldier sent from the future, to show everybody that elves are nobody's bitch), and generally had a good time sitting under the Huntress with you as company. Wish I could shake your hand.

See you in the fields, I hope.
70990, Thanks
Posted by Temph on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I appreciate what all you did for me, inducting and believing in me, seeing something that I don't think that I myself ever saw. Not sure if you bit the dust before I died and just were a ghost, that's what it seems like. I had just talked to you about trying to run down enemies and then I found a dark conjurer right outside Hams. Then poof after a couple ridiculous hits from the demon or imp or whatever I was done. Oh well hopefully get to interact with you a lot more in the future.
70999, RE: I found a precious thing.
Posted by Jayundar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, I'm glad you're gone. I couldn't really help but like you and always wanted to hang out with you!

So solid and understated, I think you did a great job. Best of luck with your next!
71007, Figures.
740 hours and your goodbye note says about as much as you did when you were playing. Initiating conversation that is.

I am glad you had fun. It's good when things work seamlessly like that. I am sure Eshval is talking about me giving you too much stuff. :P You did a lot of firsts from my recollection.

You were the first Sunwarden/good-aligned player in Outlander to land 100+ defiler kills. I think it will be a very long time before another good Outlander has as many kills as you had. You were the first leader to induct an unempowered member into the cabal. You're lucky Amaranthe was the first to catch that. :P I probably would have crippled you a bit. Permanent faerie fire on you or something.

What I really liked was that you just flowed with the surroundings. Watching you charge in at low level while wanted into a city to smack someone was just awesome. And it didn't stop. You didn't care what the odds were, you were going to try it. Very nice and well played. Good luck with your next.

*Edited Part*
Oh yeah, your name is being added to the totem.
71011, I have been waiting for this.
"I am glad you had fun. It's good when things work seamlessly like that. I am sure Eshval is talking about me giving you too much stuff. :P You did a lot of firsts from my recollection."

Might I ask why you gave this character anything? I would have thought her name would have provoked some kind of ire, like Fatfrumos did.

Macha was an awesome character, and I enjoyed her from a complete enemy side of the table. My only down on her is her name. I post this under your comment because you're a complete hypocrite.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macha
Your ignorance is now solved.

--BattleCharmed
71013, RE: I have been waiting for this.
To be quite frank, until I heard about this on the board today, I had no idea.

Like my hypocritical posts stated...if they get caught, they get blehed. If they don't, so be it.

I am not a hypocrite. It just so happens I catch the lame ass retards a lot. *Edited part* To add to this statement...more times than not, the ones who do get blehed get looked at closer because their play isn't as good either. When you act like a douche ic, you are more likely to get looked at for other dumb things, such as stupid names like FatFrumos.
71025, He has a point
That being, we miss names...quite often. What may seem like a no-brainer to one person my not register to another. If they are found and the the name is iffy, we general as other imms before changing anything.

eshval@carrionfields.com
BlackMarquessa@gmail.com

71047, Spelling edit

*may not register to another*

Note: I accept that sometimes my spelling sucks. I only missppeel sew falks ken haf sum complayntz.

eshval@carrionfields.com
BlackMarquessa@gmail.com

71052, RE: Spelling edit
Posted by Volubryotr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wow you would make a good orc!
:) *rofl*
71020, Good job Bonetwist...smtxt
Posted by Jhoqu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Great job with Macha. You whipped the butt of a few of my test chars in the lower levels and as such I was pleased to see Jhoqu would be on the same team as you. You were always there and would do anything to help. You saved my life more than a couple of times. Thanks for being so consistant and such a presence for the Cabal. Good luck with your next.
70955, RE: (AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Macha the Exquisite Enchantress, Sunwarden of Thar-Eris
Posted by Camridarinil on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I saw you more than I have seen any of the Outlander leaders, even if I don't count when you were in duo-dimension. I will mourn you when I have time, but there are many enemies of Thar-Eris springing up left and right out of the gutters of civilization. Until the Return, congratulations on a job well done, Sunwarden.
70954, My Macha!
Posted by Liluthiyan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It would make me happy ooc to hear and see you log on. I loved your positive, steady attitude, which always mirrored your actions: go hunt down our enemies, go get the scales, codex, or scepter. You played so many hours! You were a steady presence, and you were deathful. I'm glad I was able to help with the wands.

For role reasons, Lil had a big crush on you :)
I, as a player, loved having you around. Your good attitude was so infectious.

I don't really know what else to say, because I'd just be repeating myself. Thanks for all the good times, and you will be missed, terribly.
70952, Thats some perseverance!
Posted by Seyriannia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

I enjoyed Macha a lot. Most of all I enjoyed our little travels around thera and showing you various different things. You always had a very upbeat attitude which I enjoyed. Its college moving time so i've been a bit busy with work.. cleaning.. girlfriends nagging needs.. and packing. Throw in 4 family birthdays in the last 3 weeks. I have a big family :).

I hope your new incarnation is as enjoyable and growing experience. Again, I wish I could have been with you more!
70951, RE: (AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Macha the Exquisite Enchantress, Sunwarden of Thar-Eris
Posted by Breln on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well done.. I only caught the tail end of that 740 hours, but from what I saw from various Log Board cameos and that sort of thing, you were fairly well played. I think I was your final kill, so I'm glad I could help in some way. *chuckle*

Take care and I'll see you around.
70950, RE: (AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Macha the Exquisite Enchantress, Sunwarden of Thar-Eris
Posted by Tlingit on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well done, I could always count on not being bored when you were logged on. Kept me busy, Though with the current crop of ragers they keep me quite busy too. Had some pretty darned good RP, you did voluntary full loots as you wouldnt touch armor that guards had touched, even if it was the eagle inscribed/unicorn pendant or other unique Items.
70944, Good stuff Macha.
Posted by TheDude on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Age deaths make me smile.

I hope you enjoyed Macha, I sure did.

-Vreksoek
70943, RE: (AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Macha the Exquisite Enchantress, Sunwarden of Thar-Eris
Posted by Ruhktanshi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Holy ####! 1200 hours? Awesome char. Nothing much we two could fight over, I got you once I think with fiend (did I?). But you were tough to distort/kill. Hats off to anyone you sticks it out that long. Well played and you made your presence felt.

Ruhktanshi
70949, RE: (AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Macha the Exquisite Enchantress, Sunwarden of Thar-Eris
740 hours. The larger number was her age.
70957, RE: (AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Macha the Exquisite Enchantress, Sunwarden of Thar-Eris
Posted by Ruhktanshi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

HELL NO? Damn, so that is how long I've got huh? Bl-freakin-eh.