Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [None] Teliel Makli the Dweller of the Wilds
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=70714
70714, (RAGE DELETE) [None] Teliel Makli the Dweller of the Wilds
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Aug 11 19:56:57 2008

At 8 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 7th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Teliel perished, never to return.
Race:wood-elf
Class:ranger
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:185
70716, Safe travels
Posted by Foolio on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, it was fun for a while. I planned to make this just an exploration character but I couldn't resist the siren call of the Outlands. The role was inspired by Joe Galloway, a reporter in Vietnam who ended up doing a lot of fighting out of necessity. You might knw his story from the movie We Were Soldiers. When I rolled I planned to write news stories about the various cabal wars but I quickly realized I just hated the character, and inertia kept me going this long.

I was a desert hunter, and tanked as well as you would expect. Dervish dance is a great skill but the rest of the terrain skills do not make up for the loss of snare. In fact nothing can replace snare, speaking from the experience of playing three w-elf rangers in a row. Waiting in ambush when 5 heroes are around and they all know you are there is for the birds. I ended up fighting almost all of my fights in civilized areas and got beat almost every time. Not that I cared much. I ate a lot of deaths with crazy preps in my inventory. Oh well.

Oh well. I'm done with rangers for ever :) Pretty much everyone Teliel interacted with was top notch. That one orc who cried like a little bitch when I sacced his container: you need help.

Jayundar: Teliel had a crush on you. Hope you reign for a long time.

Etilise? The high herald: Teliel had a crush on you. Hope you reign for a long time.

The Imp: That chat we had over the cb was fun. I was expecting to get 200 hours of chlamydia after every line so it made it even more fun. Hope you blah blah. Did you kick me out of the cabal? If so, why exactly? Just curious.

Corrlann: I was going to delete the very day the role contest entry arrived in my in-box. Thanks for the recognition and the truly awesome 100% pen skill. The extra con on the other hand made me want to cry.

Nizi: Teliel really hated how buddy the Outlanders, especially the neutral Outlanders, were with the Fortress. A lot. I tried my best to save you that one time (I really don't appreciate you posting that log, but I don't carry a grudge) but I was not going to call a frakkin' acolyte to save you. Come on, we're renegades, not opportunists.

Teldasil: The way you tried to get me to shut up without coming out and saying shut up, in the aforementioned convo with the Imp, made me your enemy for life. I planned to ambush you when wounded at the first chance I got. Anywho, speaking as a player It was a good character.

Other Outlanders: Keep it real. Try, try to distance yourselves from the Fort. It's embarassing.

Enemies: Keep it real.

Truly done with rangers: Teliel, Nusson, Riv, Groh, Zadatak, the second Min (second age), Walden (first age). See you in the fields.

I forgot Iunna: Iunna, I just love you. I had no reason to follow your religion other than to have an excuse to chat every once in a while. I wish you all the best, in Thera and on Earth. :)
70743, RE: Safe travels
Posted by Lyristeon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
When the cabal is fat, only those who show up and play get to stay. If you went two weeks or more without showing up at all, I make room for the applicants who want a spot. This goes for people who think they are being smooth by logging in and out quickly.
70748, Is there a limit on cabal members? n/t
Posted by aspi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
70798, RE: Is there a limit on cabal members? n/t
Posted by Lyristeon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Outlanders aren't really meant to get too fat. It's sort of self-imposed by design. Imagine a really fat Outlander or Scion cabal and then try to determine what would happen. It's not a pretty picture. These two cabals pretty much require you to be self-sufficient. So, the good ones are typically veterans. The weaker ones stand out like sore thumbs and don't last that long. Now, try to picture 20 of the top players playing in Outlander or Scion all at the same time.

These aren't the only cabals that do this, but, we generally act upon it faster. Of course, emails or notes in advance that have merit, may keep me from kicking you out if the numbers are still okay. No guarantees though.
70795, aww so close. anyway keep up the good work, sir. ~
Posted by Foolio on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
70816, Curses!
Posted by Jayundar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
How could you even describe me the same way you do an elf?! Oh, you'll pay for this, lousy two-bit journalist!

One of my favorite characters to hang out with--I knew this was coming but still wish it didn't happen. Best of luck with your next!